Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 16:02

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%
Default move it!

Yeah, that sounds about like me. I've switched to whole milk yogurt, and I never did like lowfat cheese (nasty)...but I have been using H&H for the eggs. I think that I am eating healthy, even if it is not always exactly according to plan. I need to eat a little less (maybe 1800 kcal or so) and up the workouts a bit. I've been lifting weights every 2-3 days, but I haven't been doing much cardio.

I know that many people can lose weight w/out exercise, but 1) I can't, and 2) I wouldn't advise doing it that way. I'm a big believer in weight training and exercise in general. People are meant to move. And I say this in spite of being a geek who would prefer to spend all my time in front of the computer or lying in bed with a book. Ya gotta get moving, at least a little bit.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 16:19
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Quote:
And I say this in spite of being a geek who would prefer to spend all my time in front of the computer or lying in bed with a book.

I knew you were a kindred spirit!!! LOL

amieK
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 16:42
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

cgar -

I believe PCOS stands for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. There is a board devoted to PCOS in the Low Carb Health & Technical Forum if you wanted to find out more.

HTH,
amieK
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 01:00

Plan: not certain
Stats: 225/225/225
BF:26/26/20
Progress:
Thumbs up No real difference between AD and TSP except ...

TSP vs Adkins are essentially the same with the difference being the nature of the foods eaten. TSP provides more information as to the safer Fats to cook and eat . AD does not get that deep into the nature of the endocrine system as TSP does. The chemical results of both diets are the same.

It was stated that TSP permits 15- 30 carbs.

AD permits 20 carbs after 2-3 day induction , no real difference.

Adkins states to increase the carbs 5 grams in increments till the CCL (critical CArb Level) is reached then back of some.

TSP breaks you insulin resistance into 4 categories AD does not.

None the less they are targeting the same results.

I have used the AD diet in the 70's during my body building days and it lead me to great results.

TSP on the other hand offers a more intelligable approach to the nature of WHY specific fats are appropriate.

TSP is for those wishing better health through better use of fat in ones diet.

The difficulty in losing weight is the Physical Exercise ( I would get dark purple in the Ketones) if I did even light weight training or only 15 minutes a day.

It does and has always worked well for me.

If you have resistance try a little weight Resistance exercise and the results are remarkable.

BOdybuilders have used this dietary approach pre contest and it alwasy works

SO keep reading and learning. Your life depends on it.

Good fortune to you all.

R bert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rhw1.jpg (32.8 KB, 6 views)
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 13:37

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

Hmm. I think that you're off on a few details.

One big difference: TSP is against the use of artificial sweeteners or any man-made products in general. Atkins has an entire line of man-made products which he recommends. He is against the use of aspartame, but other AS are okay. He authorizes fake bread and pasta and numerous other items. Schwarzbein is against those.

Secondly, TSP permits 15-30 grams of carbs PER MEAL, not per day. Atkins allows 20 grams of carbs per day during induction, which is two weeks (or more). Then carbs go up by five grams (allowed each day) per week. That would take a while, at that rate, to get up to the 45-90 grams per day allowed on TSP. Atkins is supposed to be ketogenic. TSP is not (though I suspect it ends up that way for many people).