Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:01

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default A couple of questions

Hi. I am having a hard time sticking to Atkins. I have the CALP book and am seriously thinking about switching. I have a couple of questions, though.
I didn't see avocados (I love them!) on either list of foods. Does anyone know where they fit in?
Also, I was looking at the reward meal recipes and they had these deviled eggs on the list. To me they look like they could be included as part of a craving reducing meal. They have: eggs, ham, chicken or tuna, butter, teriyaki sauce, s & p, and mayo. How is that not low carb? Am I missing something?
Thanks for any answers. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. I've read so many low carb books and this and Atkins are the only ones that appeal to me.
I had a really hard time switching from induction and moving on to the rest of life, though.
Also, I would love to hear people say that they could see a bag full of cookies and not have to use all their will power not to scarf them all down. I dream of such a day!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:04

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

I don't see avocadoes on the list of acceptable CM foods, so you would probably be wise to save it until RM.

Deviled eggs... hmmm... I eat deviled eggs (or egg salad) at my CM's sometimes. The rule of thumb for carb counts at a CM is less than 4g for a serving of something, but not to exceed 6g at a CM meal. Remember that eggs have .6 g carbs in each one. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 14:53

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

The original CAD book says avocados should be saved for reward meal because they are too high in carbs for a single value food I love them too, will have to save them for my reward meal salad once I switch to this plan.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 19:04

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

The teriyaki sauce is probably the culprit that makes it not acceptable as a CM food.

Also, it is not beyond a reasonable expectation to hope for a day when you can pass on the bag of cookies. Knowing that you have an RM each and everyday helps you save your treats for RM and as you become satisfied that you can treat yourself they become a bit less important. I love my treats so I won't say they're totally unimportant, but it's no challenge to wait until my RM.

Deb

Last edited by quikdeb : Sun, Feb-15-04 at 23:50.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 09:20

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thanks. I'd probably skip the teriyaki anyway. I love deviled eggs!!