Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 11:04
Registered Member

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 238/211/190 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Are you saying everyone isn't just like me? I guess we are a touch different. I would sooner be dead than bike around in the hot sunshine for hours, and you will never catch me hanging off a rock. I just like being bigger and stronger than the average guy. I guess the world would be boring if there were a ton of jonthepas running around.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthepa
Are you saying everyone isn't just like me? I guess we are a touch different. I would sooner be dead than bike around in the hot sunshine for hours, and you will never catch me hanging off a rock. I just like being bigger and stronger than the average guy. I guess the world would be boring if there were a ton of jonthepas running around.

Hmmm - as a particularly shallow woman, um, NO actually - this sounds like my happy place!

Hee hee!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:18

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 232/162/162 Male 69 inches
BF:30%/13%/11%

I think you are body builders are amazing, and I really admire you!

As I understand it, you spend several hours a week just lifting heavy weights; and at the end week, if you are successful, you might have gained a fraction of a pound of muscle. And this keeps you coming back for more! That is major dedication!

I lift 2 or 3 times a week, but it's not enough fun for me to just do that and nothing else.

I think that many of the 86 million cyclists and 45 million mountain bikers and I-don't-know-how-many millions of runners are motivated by something else. Maybe it's the live entertainment and drinking that occurs after some of these events. There's nothing quite like tossing a cold beer through your glycogen window, while listening to live rock'n'roll.

How about a little comic relief for a Friday Afternoon:

Did you hear the one about the Body Builders Convention? There were so many Body Builders at the airport that they had to have an "Insecurity Checkpoint!"

Have a great weekend!

The parties this weekend, in the Bay Area, are at Lake Chabot on Saturday; and all over the Peninsula on Sunday.

Have fun!

J.

Last edited by loCarbJ : Fri, Jul-09-04 at 14:24.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:31
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
I think you are body builders are amazing, and I really admire you!As I understand it, you spend several hours a week just lifting heavy weights; and at the end week, if you are successful, you might have gained a fraction of a pound of muscle. And this keeps you coming back for more!

Oh God yes! Because gaining that tiny bit of muscle takes a RIDICULOUS amount of food. And every tiny extra bit of muscle both looks beautiful AND burns fat.

Which means more time out having fun, and less time doing exercise.

Less exercise, better health, more food, and a leaner, sleeker body makes Built a happy camper!

Nice to have something that's so gentle on the body that can be done at any age, and yet is so effective at improving health and body composition.

#65   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:35
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

Hahahahahaha, you're just too funny!

Us against them sucks, man, time for everybody to kiss and make-up now. I'll start with the ladies, who wants to go first?
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:38
Registered Member

BF:

I will I will!

I'll kiss YOU, Chip!

Chip, pass it along!

#67   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:45

I'm on your side! Ladies and Gents!

Oh and by the way, Built, you and I are the same age!

Oh, also, I have been wondering? Where is Canada's Wet Coast? Is that, by chance, any where near BC?

I'll be spending 2 weeks next month in Vancouver and Seattle and my gang would love to take in some kayaking while we are up there. Can you recommend any good locations?

J.

I hope you guys know that I like all the people on this forum. I'm not sure that I want to kiss Chip, though!

Last edited by loCarbJ : Fri, Jul-09-04 at 14:55.
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:01
Registered Member

BF:

Yeppers, BC.

There are TONS of places to kayak here - if you're a novice, there's Porteau Cove - if you're more advanced, there's whitewater stuff in Squamish - they rent boats too. Just depends what you're into.

And what can I say - 1963 was a good year...
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:07
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loCarbJ
I hope you guys know that I like all the people on this forum. I'm not sure that I want to kiss Chip, though!

But he's so NICE!!!

LCJ, I think it all comes down to approaches. Mine is to do the least work possible and eat the most food possible while looking as good as possible. The less exercise I have to do, the better. If I could look good by eating ho-hos and watching TV, I would. Unfortunately, I tried that, and it didn't work.

Yours is to do the most work possible, because you like to do lots of stuff. For you, endurance is key.

For me, laziness is key.

I'm REALLY lazy. But I'm very open about it.

Later gator!
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:08

Whoa...

I was born in 1962, I guess I am actually OLDER than you. You young girls just slay me!

A little off topic here, but, have you ever heard of a program called "Choices". My two teenagers are attending a 'Teen Camp' up there. My wife and I have already been well acqainted with the program.

I know it's a big world and Canada is a really big place, but thought might be familar with it....

J.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:08
Registered Member

BF:

No clue.

What is it?
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:14

Ever watch Dr Phil on TV? He developed a weeklong, residental, intensive workshop called "Choices", that gets people to 'get-real' about all the various choices that they have made in their life. Between my wife and I, we have attended 5 or so programs up there. I have also sent some of my friends there.

The adult version takes place in Surrey. The Teen Camp is 3 or 4 hours North of Abbotsford.

I recommend it highly!

Jeff
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:16
Registered Member

BF:

No idea. Don't watch much TV.

Good luck though.
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:40
Registered Member

Plan: hi prot/carb/cal cycling
Stats: 138.5/133.5/120 Female 64 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
No idea. Don't watch much TV.

Good luck though.

see you are able to make choices all on your own without Dr Phil...but maybe he is on to something...it is time to "get real" about your laziness....this has got to stop young lady or you will go to hell in a hand basket...or maybe that is a hell in a ho-ho basket....either way I will be there too so we can have some fun together.

Last edited by liftnlady : Fri, Jul-09-04 at 15:45.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 15:43

That's reminds me of my Great Uncle. He's 96 years old. He recently moved to Phoenix, AZ. He said he doesn't have much time left, so he figures that he might as well get used to the heat!

Nearly time to go, so have a great weekend everyone!

J.