Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 09:11

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

We would love to have you! Welcome! Hopefully we can all motivate one another to stay on track. I am determined right now, today, but I may meander off track and need people to slap me on the back of the head every once in a while!!!!

Welcome!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, South Beach
Stats: 204/180/155 Female 5' 4''
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks for the welcome!! I need a slap in the head, and can somebody please tape my mouth shut? I'm doing little steps now. If I make it today through Saturday, I get a new Yankee Candle I've been wanting!!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 13:36
Registered Member

BF:

Well, I totally f%cked up already today! 3 Little Debbies oatmeal cream sandwhich thingies. Whatever, I suck.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 13:59

BF:

Not to worry! I had a day like that yesterday and the day before. I had ice cream in the freezer, ice cream is my weakness. I just had to have a bowl everyday until it was gone.

Well, it is gone and today I am doing much better. Don't be so hard on yourself, just start over and try not to buy the junk!

Good Luck!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 14:23
Registered Member

BF:

Oh thank you so much, I can't help it, but I cringe at tough love right now. You know I stopped buying junk, my kids have gotten used to that, then last night I decided to buy them a treat. I'm starting to think I actually maybe bought it for myself The funny thing is, I don't even really like the damn things!!! Kind words are very helpfull for me right now, and I appreciate it, I'm hard enough on myself.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 16:10
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

So yesterday was a total binge day. As a result I am going to an OA meeting tonight. The only time I ever got any clarity was when I actually follow a program where other people are doing the same thing I am. Not like I don't get that here, but it's nice to see and hear people face to face.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 16:29

BF:

Good for you! Let us know how it goes. I totally hear you, about seeing and hearing the people in person. No offense taken at all. You can do it, you have done it before. When the time is right and the mind is in control.

Thinking of you at your meeting
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 18:03
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I probably won't be posting on this thread reguarly, since I've been low-carb for over 2 years now and rarely "cheat." But I sure can identify with "sugar addicts"! I learned early on that that's exactly what I am. One little taste of sugary stuff and I can't stop. I finally began to tell everyone that "I just can't have sugar anymore." I've said it so many times that I've come to believe it, which is good because it's the truth.

Of course, most people just assume I'm diabetic, which I'm not, but I don't care what they think. I care about staying on my plan for the sake of my health!

#39   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 00:24

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I am so relieved I am not alone. I have been trying to low carb for 5 years....and I haven't moved much weight wise......20 lbs down....20 lbs up.....30 lbs down, 30 lbs up.....

Tomorrow is another day!
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-06, 06:40

BF:

How is everyone doing? I am back at 150 this morning, whew! I have been very strict with the LC diet and only eating when I am hungry. I guess when I am focused, I can achieve my goal. Now just to get to 145!

Hang in there!!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-06, 11:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Help! Can I join in? I have been low carbing for years but the last year or so have been tough. I have gained 15+ pounds in the last year and about the same the year before. So here I sit 30 pounds above where I was 2 years ago for a brief shining moment while alternating between what feels like obsession/deprivation and binging. For the first year of LC I was incredibly strict and exercised like a fiend and that was what worked. I just don't know if that kind of dedication is workable longterm for me. I wish there were other options. It's a shame self pity doesn't melt pounds -- I would be thin in no time!
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-06, 11:17
WONJ#3

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnseeds
Help! Can I join in? I have been low carbing for years but the last year or so have been tough. I have gained 15+ pounds in the last year and about the same the year before. So here I sit 30 pounds above where I was 2 years ago for a brief shining moment while alternating between what feels like obsession/deprivation and binging. For the first year of LC I was incredibly strict and exercised like a fiend and that was what worked. I just don't know if that kind of dedication is workable longterm for me. I wish there were other options. It's a shame self pity doesn't melt pounds -- I would be thin in no time!

Welcome!

I am finally starting over as well. The holidays for me are about over and I can't keep eating anymore.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Dec-26-06, 18:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTwacky
Welcome!

I am finally starting over as well. The holidays for me are about over and I can't keep eating anymore.

You can do it!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-06, 17:00
WONJ#3

BF:

So I am on Day 3 today and doing really well food wise. I have felt like I have been sluggish and in a fog, but overall I am starting to FEEL much better.

What do I mean by that?
Well I mean that my hunger is going away!

The taste of low carb food is starting to be delicious once again!

I don't feel as heavily weighed down and can walk a lil straighter!

Now on Day 3 I will admit, I eat fruit.
I had an apple with my breakfast protein and an orange after lunch.

Is anyone still following this thread?

ow is everyone else doing?
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-06, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I just found this thread, and would like to jump on the wagon with y'all!

I have been doing TERRIBLE for the last six months or so. I have had some good stretches in there where I ate well, but fell off the wagon every time.

I did all the damage I could possibly have done over the holidays, and now I am getting serious about this again. This is my first day without a cheat in over 6 weeks. It feels good.

We can do this, people!