Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 09:12

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%
Default What The Heck

so I get on the scale this morning it says 239.5 thats 2 pounds back no cheaqting I drank tons and tons of water yeasterday. I dont get it, I swear its the scale or my floors or something becasue when I moved it again I got back on it and it said 243.5 so theres something off here!!!!!

ok thanks for letting me rant
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 11:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I had hoped that the weekend would have gone better but I think I ate too much legal stuff and the scale is back up 3 pounds. I made a low carb cheesecake and then over the 4 day weekend I ate the whole thing myself so I know the calories were way too high. Even yesterday I over ate. Today I'm back to recording everything on fit-day and induction level of carbs so hopefully it won't take too long to get back to where I started.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:19

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

I fell off the wagon this weekend... the BBQs and the beach parties were all too much for me and I gave in. But to my suprise, I gained 7.5 lbs?! Wow, I hope that's water weight. I immediately started back on Induction on Tuesday. But yesterday (tuesday) I just felt like crap: headache, nausea, dizzy, man just like crap, I was so out of it, I coudn't go to work. I have just recently been diagnosed with Diabetes and figure that my episode may have been either that my blood sugar was too high or too low, unfortunately I don't know the difference in sypmtoms yet and they seem to have many of the same ones.

Thankfully, I finally got my blood glucose monitor today and my pre-dinner reading was 100, woohoo!! Right smack in the middle of healthy range.

Also good news, I've lost 3.5 of the lbs I gained. Hopefully we'll see that trend continued.

You can do it, even if you didn't do so well this weekend, I encourage you to get back on it. Cuz you deserve it.

Cuz you're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like you. (I couldn't help the SNL reference).
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 07:15

I am so annoyed with my scale, I stuck to strict induction yeasterday and drank so much water I should be swimming, but the scale stubbornly stayed teh same. I need to get over my obessions with the scale.... It alsways controls my morning. Loss great morning stay the same annoyed morning gain very bad morning.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 14:16

BF:

Holly, it could be that the extra water you drank is still swiming in your body somewhere.... I'm not telling you to stop drinking a lot of water, I'm just saying that that may be what's causing it.

I usually weigh myself everyday, but I look at my weight loss based on my overall for a week of weighing. That way, if I eat a little too much steak, drink too much water, eat too late, or just end up skipping a meal, then I know I'm still making progress because I'm lighter than I was the week before overall.

Don't get discouraged, you're doing great. Keep it going!!!
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 14:45
I'm Back!

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 314/280/145 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 20%

It seems like we are all somewhat going thru the same thing here. I hate scales but I still get on them everyday and I do like JoeMama and average it for a "total" week so I have an average loss. And get a measuring tape. If the scale dosen't budge you can measure and I bet you that you lost inches which is just as good for me anyway. And anything over 10 glasses of water is too much and risking making you retain. As far as everyone who fell off the wagon, look at it this way, it is a slow and steady ride so just hop back on it is never too late or too fast to catch up! Good luck!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 05:39

BF:

Still struggling here but the scale has moved downward a little. 199 this morning so I've lost the Memorial weekend gain.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 08:50
I'm Back!

My scale is definately in stuck mode! UgH!!!! Oh well not to give up. I have been not feeling well and not caculating my carbs or even eating that much for what it is worth. I am home from work today and JUST starting to feel like myself. So I am sure my metabolism and ketosis are all messed up. So back on Induction again. So fishie48 even downward alittle is better than upward alittle. Or even in my case staying the same is better than gaining. Plus look how far you have come! Wow! Great for you! Keep it up and don't get discouraged it's people like you out there that keep me plugging along. Take care!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Can I join you guys ? I do great for a couple of weeks and then we get company or go out and I cheat. I always pay for it later with the way I feel. I lost 30 lbs and gained 10 back. I still have 50 lbs. I what to lose.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 06:02
I'm Back!

Sure! the more the merrier Don't worry look at it this way you have lost 30, so you know it is possible. What I do on weekends (when I usually get people popping in) I always make sure there are things I can have in the house to snack on. I keep raw low carb veggies and there is a new dressing out there called "Carb Well" it has 0 carbs! And it is great! And if you go out go with the meat and veggies stay away from the potatoes and such. And if everyone has a desert and you do not want to be left out, have something but look for the least evil and eat only half. So you can be a bit bad without going totally off and you should be able to snap back the next day. I hope this helps. Keep in touch!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:32

BF:

Arizona - You're more than welcome to join us. There is always room for another.

I had a really bad (for me) dinner last night. Probably stalled myself after getting good momentum. I was disgusted with myself after I ate cuz it was really stuff I shouldn't have had. Amazingly though, my blood sugar didn't spike as I thougth it would. An hour and a half after dinner, my BG level was 117 which is still within normal range.

Does anyone know what a persons BG level (range) should be when they wake up in the morning?
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:07

Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishie48
Still struggling here but the scale has moved downward a little. 199 this morning so I've lost the Memorial weekend gain.

THATS WONDERFUL. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. PEG
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:10

Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona B
Can I join you guys ? I do great for a couple of weeks and then we get company or go out and I cheat. I always pay for it later with the way I feel. I lost 30 lbs and gained 10 back. I still have 50 lbs. I what to lose.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON LC. I AM STARTING MY 3RD WEEK AND I DON'T EVEN GET HUNGRY BETWEEN MEALS. IT MAY TAKE A WHILE TO GET TO THIS POINT. GOOD LUCK. PEG

Last edited by toofattoo : Tue, Jun-08-04 at 11:10. Reason: SPELLING
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 17:36

Talking Hey Guys

I was away, glad we are all still hanging in, I didnt loose anything on my trip but I didnt gain anything either, I ate low carb all day and had whatever I wanted for dinnerm, so I kind of compromised and I guess it could have been worse I could have come back 10 lbs heavier
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 05:45

BF:

Thank you for your encouragement Marie. You really are lucky not to have gained anything on your trip Holly. I ate a little high carb stuff over the holidays and gained 8 pounds in 3 days. Never again. I need to get back into induction because the carb creep is happening again. Yesterday it was 41, not going to lose any weight that way.