Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-17, 04:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

1st in-service day done, 3 more to go. We're in our classrooms on Friday to set 'em up for Monday and the kiddos!

Imma seriously not feelin' the "joy" this year, as I have in past years. Imma usually über excited about school starting etc, even with the dreaded in-service days.... Hopefully once I actually start teaching the kiddos, I'll "feel it" again...

I promised myself that the day I don't feel the joy of teaching, it seriously was the time to consider hanging up my dry erase markers for good... So this probably will be my last year teaching...

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

No “MISTAKES”. Sometimes a single stick of chewing gum, or putting milk in your coffee could put you right back to level one by upsetting the new chemical balance in your body.

Yes, even that much carbohydrate can turn off your FAT MOBILIZING HORMONE. Then you’ll need at least two no-carbohydrate days to get it circulating again so that you’re un-hungry, feeling high and burning off fat again.

~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 140

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO....I LOVE IT! You got your retirement settled in your mind and you are gonna do what you want....move to Phx ASAP. Very cool.
It's exciting and scary b/c of the unknown!
Quote:
Hope your home sells fast when ya put it up...it should, it is such a nice pretty home and well taken care of! Is real estate moving well in your area? Around here not so much still.
I have no idea what the market is like around here... I do know that there are around 800+ listings weekly...

From your lips to God's ear about my home selling fast once I put it on the market!
Quote:
got MIL into rehab yesterday late.
they are gonna now evaluate her again.....I mean what the hell here? a 76 hr old diabetic and heart issues and still in stomach pain from severe blocked intestines and this surgery and she is weak as a newborn kitten and hardly not eating or drinking at ALL, freaking out in a way cause she can't function and yet they think she might not be able to stay long at all ....I don't get it.....but today hubby and I are going up there....I want confirmation she can keep her ass in that place for like 2 weeks or more to heal as needed! HEAL AS NEEDED..isn't that what these damn places are for! Ok you can tell we are frustrated LOL I will take the bull by the horns and get some firm decisions in place here today cause I am tired of this shit. oh yea I am involved now, left it mostly up to hubby and he is getting the run around big time....me, hell, they won't want to deal with me! HAHA
That's GREAT that she's out of the hospital and in rehab!

I totally understand your frustration b/c you're absolutely correct! If she can't take care of herself and she's in pain, she needs to be in rehab until she's better.

I hope that you stepping in will help with sorting out the problems with the rehab place!
Quote:
rainy today
icky
no swim etc so I can concentrate on this rehab thing today

ahhh it seems to be all there is in my life right now but it is cool, everything will get handled.
Exactly, everything will get handled and I hope it's real soon for you and your fam!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6

WENT MIA FOR THE WEEKEND

Now that school has started back for Emilee and DD Ashley was off, we try to have a cyber free weekend so we can enjoy our time together. Which we did
We went to the park Saturday with Anubis to get that socialization started early.
Had family up Sunday for a cookout.
Sounds like you had a fabulous w/e!
Quote:
Down another pound. It was .5 losses for the weekend and thats ok.
weight 201.5
HUGE Congrats on your continued progress! Woot! Woot! WTG!
Quote:
Jo

Wow that is expensive!
Yeppers, $300 per credit hour!
Quote:
Love the new baby afghan.
Thanks, I do making them!

Berni and De: Hope you two are having a great week!
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-17, 05:08

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

HI YA Warriors

Its Tuesday and Rainy again..........

Im down again on that demon scale!!!!!! .5
As long as its movin on down I will not complain

Nothin much going on today again....

Jo
Quote:
Imma seriously not feelin' the "joy" this year, as I have in past years. Imma usually über excited about school starting etc, even with the dreaded in-service days.... Hopefully once I actually start teaching the kiddos, I'll "feel it" again...

I promised myself that the day I don't feel the joy of teaching, it seriously was the time to consider hanging up my dry erase markers for good... So this probably will be my last year teaching...

Sorry your not feeling that joy yet....hopefully like you said, it might come back once those kiddos start filling the room. Retirement sounds good too if its that time in your life where you are ready for it.

Hope everyone else is doin good today!!

STAY WARRIOR STRONG TODAY!
  #1968   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-17, 06:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HM Congrats....all those .5 will add up to good lbs gone
Just keep plodding along and keep getting great results. We love the big whoosh times but like I said all those little ones make a whoosh in the end lol

JO, yea your place is so cute and nice and I got fingers crossed when it hits the market it goes fast.

Hey that is the exciting part...the unknown! Plus you got family where you are going so that is always a calming thing for ya...not like it is total isolation so I am sure you will be ok.....I think also looking for a new home is very fun! Are ya thinking house/yard or are ya thinking like townhome with way less maintenace? just curious....even I am finding this change exciting LOL

HI GUYS

MIL is in nice rehab. with nice people.
all seems good.
Thurs. we go up for 'care meeting' to see how long they recommend she stays there but she 'looks' better but still needs strength recovery. Will be interesting to see Thurs what is said and go from there.

hubby wants to cancel trip. So no go but hey, again it is what it is. Will call today and get my 8 paid days at the beach transferred to next year. best I can do to not lose them.

everyone have a fab day!
  #1969   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-17, 05:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Here comes "HUMPFREE"....

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!

Wishing all of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Yesterday's in-service day was a total waste of time since it was geared toward core subjects (English, Science, Social Studies & Math). But I went in with a good attitude as always!

Found out yesterday we've got more none-classroom related paperwork to do this year on top of all the extra B.S evaluation stuff they made us do last year. This is exactly the reason that makes retirement look so ding dang inviting...

Gonna go into school this am around 6-6:30 to start setting up my classroom before our in-service day starts at 8 in our building. For the past 2 days, we've been off campus in town.

Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves..
~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 144

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Im down again on that demon scale!!!!!! .5
As long as its movin on down I will not complain
NICE! You'll be in the 190s in no time flat! WTG!
Quote:
Jo

Sorry your not feeling that joy yet....hopefully like you said, it might come back once those kiddos start filling the room. Retirement sounds good too if its that time in your life where you are ready for it.
Well, not total retirement from having a job, but switching careers more than likely... Imma too stinkin' young to retire esp since I feel the best I've ever felt health-wise KWIM???
Quote:
STAY WARRIOR STRONG TODAY!
Always!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea your place is so cute and nice and I got fingers crossed when it hits the market it goes fast.
That's what Imma hoping as well!
Quote:
Hey that is the exciting part...the unknown! Plus you got family where you are going so that is always a calming thing for ya...not like it is total isolation so I am sure you will be ok.....I think also looking for a new home is very fun! Are ya thinking house/yard or are ya thinking like townhome with way less maintenace? just curious....even I am finding this change exciting LOL
Imma think way less maintenance b/c as you well know, Imma not a "yard" person... don't like doing the little bit I have to do now...

It's gonna be really hard to leave my home b/c it's my "dream house"! Didn't know I had "one" until I bought this place...weird right? So hopefully, I can find something similar in the right price range!
Quote:
MIL is in nice rehab. with nice people.
all seems good.
Thurs. we go up for 'care meeting' to see how long they recommend she stays there but she 'looks' better but still needs strength recovery. Will be interesting to see Thurs what is said and go from there.
That's terrific news! Imma so glad she's doing better and you guys are happy with the care she will receive there! That's always a blessing!
Quote:
hubby wants to cancel trip. So no go but hey, again it is what it is. Will call today and get my 8 paid days at the beach transferred to next year. best I can do to not lose them.
Sorry you have to postpone your trip, but at least you aren't losing any $$$ and you know what you're doing next year!
  #1970   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-17, 05:27

BF:

HUMPFREE IS IN THE HOUSE

Hope the sun comes out...few days of cloudy and icky and misty rainy. Time for summer again vs. the chillier air these storms brought around!

just this and that today!
nothing dramatic.
pool/barn,goats etc.
not doing too much cause I don't want to do too much
I love having that option lol

have burger defrosted for later but no idea on dinner...thinking chicken. simple food day as usual.

fab day all!
  #1971   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-17, 05:48

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,
How is everyone doing today?

Jo... luv your enthusiasm even though they keep throwing the bureaucracy paperwork at you. Hey you have a plan and can implement it and take as long as you want. Do you have to
Give them a certain amount of time if you put in for retirement!
Karen.... so glad to her mil is in a beautiful rehab and doing well. Enjoy your carefree day!
HM6... Congrats on the scale continuing to move downwards!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1972   ^
Old Thu, Aug-10-17, 04:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Thursday, 10 August 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally terrific Thursday!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Wow can't believe that this week is almost over! This week has truly FLOWN by crazy fast!

Going in early yesterday really was very helpful and I was über productive! Got most of my room set-up and will put the finishing touches on it this morning before our in-service day starts.

Tomorrow we work exclusively in our rooms. Long gone are the days where teachers spend a week setting-up their classrooms. I've never experienced that in my entire 18 years teaching here...

The most important thing in A '72 is not about kcals it's about carbs with the understanding that low carbs makes us less hungry = less kcals we will eat.

It's the "appetite suppressant" effect of being in ketosis that's really remarkable when you go ultra-low carb!

~ inspired by Dr. A written by me

Karen:
Quote:
HUMPFREE IS IN THE HOUSE
Quote:
Hope the sun comes out...few days of cloudy and icky and misty rainy. Time for summer again vs. the chillier air these storms brought around!

just this and that today!
nothing dramatic.
pool/barn,goats etc.
not doing too much cause I don't want to do too much
I love having that option lol
Sounds like you had a much deserved very relaxing day yesterday! Hope the weather was nice and you were able to get in your pool!
Quote:
have burger defrosted for later but no idea on dinner...thinking chicken. simple food day as usual.
Sounds de-lish!

I totally agree about the simple food day thing! I KNOW that's why I have been successful. Simple food = not having to think about food, touch food, prep food etc which are my triggers to possibly eat OFF plan or over eat even perfectly OP foods! KWIM?

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,
Imma doing super duper terrific! Hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
Jo... luv your enthusiasm even though they keep throwing the bureaucracy paperwork at you.
Well I truly love the "teaching" part; hate, hate, hate the ding dang paperwork crap as you well know!
Quote:
Hey you have a plan and can implement it and take as long as you want. Do you have to give them a certain amount of time if you put in for retirement!
Imma not really sure how much notice they need...I think it's 30 days.

But I have 24 sick days I need to use or I forfeit them when I leave.

I have 54 sick days right now. They will only buy back 30 days...

I DON'T want to give 'em my 24 days for free! I'll figure in those 24 days, maybe have off every Friday or something! But I will figure it out when and if I decide to retire this school year...

De: Hey girlie, hope you're doing well! Sure do miss you when you don't post!
  #1973   ^
Old Thu, Aug-10-17, 11:25

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning Warriors...

I just spent 3 days in a row with DGS. So I have been busy and worn out. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but also exhausting.

Today is basically a "me" day to rest up and not do much. I will do some household chores, but not much. I plan on staying home all day and chillax.

DDIL is close to half way through the pregnancy & doing well. She has a lot on her plate with working so much and two little ones, so I know she's exhausted!

School is starting next week for DGS.

Have a great day all. Warrior on....
  #1974   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 04:16
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Friday, 11 August 2017

Wow pretty quiet in here... so let me get the ball rollin'....

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope this Friday finds everyone doing FAB-tastic and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

The secret to success is simply getting STARTED!
~ Shared by bkloots 1/16/2017

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Good Morning Warriors...
Hiya De!
Quote:
I just spent 3 days in a row with DGS. So I have been busy and worn out. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but also exhausting.
Nice that you got to spend time with him but I can understand the exhausting part! Those little guys are always so full of energy!
Quote:
Today is basically a "me" day to rest up and not do much. I will do some household chores, but not much. I plan on staying home all day and chillax.
Good to hear that you're taking a much deserved "De Time" to just chil-lax!
Quote:
DDIL is close to half way through the pregnancy & doing well. She has a lot on her plate with working so much and two little ones, so I know she's exhausted!
Imma glad she's doing well in her pregnancy! I hope she can find time to just chil-lax as well!
Quote:
School is starting next week for DGS.
So what grade is your lil DGS going into? Is he excited?
Quote:
Have a great day all. Warrior on....
Thanks and you too!
  #1975   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 05:25

BF:

JO, so hear ya on not giving away any more days to them then ya have to...you earned them, so yea use up those sick days If you decide to retire you will need some sick days to pack, do this and that etc. so those are great days to have available to get some stuff done when in time crunches.

DE, little ones are exhausting, no doubt about that.

Laughing cause I told my 12 yr old that when she has kids I will be WAY past babysitter age LOL. If she has a kid at, say 26, I will be knocking on age 70 and I ain't doing no babysitting I told her, I will send her a check if she needs daycare money instead

Hey all
nothing much to report. all good here.
this and that dkinda the usualay....
stupid sinus headache, storms all around now. drug day for me

have a fab day all
  #1976   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 05:56

BF:

Hello warriors,

De... glad you stopped by! Grandkiddies are fun but tired at the end of day!
Jo... Same policy on sick days they only pay out so many based on month you give notice! I will do the same thing use them up rather than lose them. My boss has been off since April since the death of her husband. Just gave notice she is retiring! Yep used up all those sick days!
Karen... take it easy with that icky weather! Feel better with your sinuses!
DS and DSGF went to New York yesterday for a week! I have grandpuppy colt till they come back!
Warriors my oldest granddaughter is very into her paleo eating plan asked me what we eat if there is a nuclear war and we can't bring the cows or chickens underground! From the mouth of babes I said excellent question and that is why we pray it never happens in our lifetime! Lordy the questions they ask and they are listening!
She figures she will be okay because she eats like a cave girl now. She already told my DD to buy extra cans of tuna, almonds and peanut butter or almond butter so she ready!
Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!

Last edited by Bernie2014 : Fri, Aug-11-17 at 06:03.
  #1977   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 07:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Saturday, 12 August 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Wishing everyone a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Change Nothing and Nothing Changes!!
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
JO, so hear ya on not giving away any more days to them then ya have to...you earned them, so yea use up those sick days If you decide to retire you will need some sick days to pack, do this and that etc. so those are great days to have available to get some stuff done when in time crunches.
Exactly and I ain't givin' 'em shit!
Quote:
Laughing cause I told my 12 yr old that when she has kids I will be WAY past babysitter age LOL. If she has a kid at, say 26, I will be knocking on age 70 and I ain't doing no babysitting I told her, I will send her a check if she needs daycare money instead
but I hear you, girlie! At least you had "that" talk with her!

She's probably wondering where in the heck is mom getting these ideas???!!??
Quote:
Hey all
nothing much to report. all good here.
this and that dkinda the usualay....
stupid sinus headache, storms all around now. drug day for me
Nothing much to report???? That must mean your MIL is doing well in rehab! That's great!

Sorry about the sinus headaches! Hope you feel way better today! And I laffed my ass off when you said today is a drug day! Too ding dang funny!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Imma doing great, getting back into the routine of working all week long and doing all my chores on the w/e... But it's all good!
Quote:
Jo... Same policy on sick days they only pay out so many based on month you give notice! I will do the same thing use them up rather than lose them. My boss has been off since April since the death of her husband. Just gave notice she is retiring! Yep used up all those sick days!
Oh I will use up my sick days for sure b/c I've worked too hard and long to just give 'em back for NOTHING!
Quote:
I have grandpuppy colt till they come back!
Awww grand-furbaby sitting! I know Magnum is a happy camper to have him around!
Quote:
Warriors my oldest granddaughter is very into her paleo eating plan asked me what we eat if there is a nuclear war and we can't bring the cows or chickens underground! From the mouth of babes I said excellent question and that is why we pray it never happens in our lifetime! Lordy the questions they ask and they are listening!
She figures she will be okay because she eats like a cave girl now. She already told my DD to buy extra cans of tuna, almonds and peanut butter or almond butter so she ready!
OMG, she is a deep thinker huh? How old is your DGD? And I love your response to her question b/c that would have been mine as well!
  #1978   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 07:39

BF:

Bernie you had me laughing on the kid questions....and one I would worry about also. canned chicken, sardines, any meats and tuna would be a staple for me if I had to hit the stores in a panic and stock up....wouldn't be going down any aisle other than water aisle and canned meat aisle if needed LOL

JO, you had me cracking up also, ain't givin'em shit HAHA
I hear ya on that!

We work hard and deserve everything we earned...no doubt about that!

Yes MIL in rehab and got 20 days totally covered with her military tricare coverage so good on that....she is improving but 'still so weak and down' in a way....no doubt the diabetes she got has also made it all worse all these years...firm believer that is curtailing her so much. it is what it is for her I guess. and they now stuck her on oxygen all the time and that ain't good either, you know, a sign of what is coming I think...

HI WARRIORS
got me a nice small smoked brisket from the smoked meat shop down the road...love this place but never buy cause it is always a BIG hunk and I skip buying, this time they cut the briskets smaller and I got a delish small hunk of yummy meat in heaven right now lol breakfast smoked hot brisket just off the smoker early....happy person here lol

all good
rainy icky Tstorms around but sinus improving which is nice
busy with stupid this and that stuff

everyone have a fine day!
  #1979   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 04:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Sunday, 13 August 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

A ’72 Works if we Work it!!
~ JJ

Karen:
Quote:
Bernie you had me laughing on the kid questions....and one I would worry about also. canned chicken, sardines, any meats and tuna would be a staple for me if I had to hit the stores in a panic and stock up....wouldn't be going down any aisle other than water aisle and canned meat aisle if needed LOL
Same here, girlie!
Quote:
JO, you had me cracking up also, ain't givin'em shit HAHA
I hear ya on that!

We work hard and deserve everything we earned...no doubt about that!
Exactly!
Quote:
Yes MIL in rehab and got 20 days totally covered with her military tricare coverage so good on that....she is improving but 'still so weak and down' in a way....no doubt the diabetes she got has also made it all worse all these years...firm believer that is curtailing her so much. it is what it is for her I guess. and they now stuck her on oxygen all the time and that ain't good either, you know, a sign of what is coming I think...
Thanks for keeping us updated on your MIL! Sorry to hear that she's on oxygen 24/7. And you're right about the diabetes making things worse! Hopefully she'll regain her strength and kick the oxygen...
Quote:
got me a nice small smoked brisket from the smoked meat shop down the road...love this place but never buy cause it is always a BIG hunk and I skip buying, this time they cut the briskets smaller and I got a delish small hunk of yummy meat in heaven right now lol breakfast smoked hot brisket just off the smoker early....happy person here lol
Brisket for breakfast... is that the breakfast of champions or what! Right ON!
Quote:
rainy icky Tstorms around but sinus improving which is nice
busy with stupid this and that stuff
Sorry to hear that you're still getting t-storms ~ gees you're not getting a good summer at all.

Btwn the weather and your MIL, your summer is not one for the record books. Imma sorry b/c I know how much nice summer weather means to you.

Glad to hear that the sinus is improving which means no more headache right?

Hey your DD is starting school in a few weeks... can't believe summer break is over for her and me!

Berni, De and hm6: Hope you ladies are doing well! Sure do miss you gals on here!
  #1980   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 07:17

BF:

Hello warriors,

Busy weekend trying to get my things to do list done and walking the doggies! Plus I was doing some trails yesterday so it all good!
Karen.... Yepper I always keep a stock of water and canned tuna ! I may add some more just in case. I also have a battery operated radio and flashlights for emergencies. A while back I got these emergency blankets and a Fire starter plus my emergency first aid kit! Hey never hurts to be prepared.
Jo.. DGD is 9 going on 18. She luvs the computer so always reading and questioning everything!
Hello De and HM6!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Closed Thread