Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1951   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 14:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

cool HM
skip if not hungry is wonderful, means that ketosis is doing it's thing but yea, never starve. A72 means you never have to do that lol
Sponsored Links
  #1952   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 06:15

BF:

HI GUYS
simple easy day
sunny so far but they say storms are coming.
will swim earlier and relax thru this day
Hubby going to hosp. to check if MIL will be released soon and get update info.
Nothing much, this and that
Got some nice country style pork ribs for dinner later. yum

Fine day to all Warriors!!
  #1953   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 07:03

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Yes, the weekend had arrived!!!
Hello everyone!!

Down 1 pounder!!!!!!
It's about time

Nothin much goin on here today.
Emilee's poor mouth was hurting her this morning.
That new retainer mechanism they put in yesterday is bothering her.
It's suppose to widen her bite on the bottom and is pushing on her teeth:/
I packed her soft foods for lunch to help seeing she can't stand pressure from chewing harder food.

I ended up skipping lunch yesterday seeing I wasn't hungry.
I did eat lots of that delicious baked chicken last night!!!

Whirrlly
Quote:

Hope all goes well and MIL gets released soon.

Hello Jo and Bernie
Hope you are having a FAB FRIDAY!

Menu for today
Coffee,coffee,coffee
lunch-eggs and bacon if hungry or leftover chicken
dinner-smoked pork shoulder
dinner-
  #1954   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 07:30

BF:

Ahhh, HM you gravitate toward the meat like me. I am zero carb eater. I gave up the small side salad, it never 'did anything' for me and I would rather replace all those kcals with meat vs. anything green like a veg LOL

Love your Chimp! Now we got a Camel and a Chimp. Love this thread LOL...all so imaginative!
  #1955   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 09:55

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Good news I got a rent a car this morning! My car towed yesterday! 8 k of damage won't be ready till 8/21. But I have car and mine will have a whole new driver's side.
So it a good day all around!
HM6... day sounds great. Hope you DD feels better with the teeth.
Karen.... you day sounds great hope you get good news on MIL.

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1956   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 11:16

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

TGIF

Hello All...

Family has left. House is quiet. They are big carb eaters and big food eaters and constantly eating snacks too. Just happy I don't eat like that anymore!

Bernie...so glad you are okay after the car accident. Those are never fun to deal with, but cars can be fixed or replaced. Most important is that you weren't hurt.

Karen... how's your MIL? Sorry she's been having a difficult recovery.

HM...that's a large puppy! Congrats on the new family member. So happy mine are out of that puppy stage

Jo... back to school for you soon right? That newest afghan is really beautiful. You have tremendous talent!

Have a wonderful Friday
  #1957   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 06:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Saturday, 5 August 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Wow, I haven't posted on our thread since Wednesday... I've been busy on the computer getting school work done.

So fair warning, Imma playing catch-up on the posting front!

This is my last summer break w/e before school starts. Next week is all in-service days and we don't get our kiddos until the following week (14 Aug). Really looking forward to that!

Got some sad news when I went to school on Thursday to pick up my keys... looks like this will be the last year I get to teach guitar.

The other two middle school principals are complaining that THEY don't get to offer guitar so they don't think we should either. They are big into everything being "equal" at all the middle schools, KWIM? Make sure all the kiddos have the same opportunities etc...

It's been a great run though, this will be the 7th year I've taught it!

I am so seriously thinking this will be my last year... retirement sure is starting to call my name!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

There’s no question [that calories play a role]—of course they do. A 1500-calorie, 10-gram diet will take more weight off—and more quickly—than a 2000-calorie, 10-gram diet. If the carbohydrate levels remain unchanged, then the extra caloric intake does make a difference.

People who eat out of force of habit and don’t cut their quantities lose more slowly because of their high caloric intake.

If you can cut down on your quantities, you are better off to do so—but not when it gets to the point where you have to put up with DISCOMFORT OR HUNGER.

~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 275

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Yea JO I have to say living close to them has been nice. I almost stayed in Connecticut when they moved to NC cause I had a great corporate job and making great money but Dad said those magic words...cheaper land! Meant I could buy land for a horse so I said bye bye to CT and hello to NC HAHA
No way I could get land in CT, just too expensive but I sure could get land in NC! So happy I made that move back then!
So are you originally from CT? And yeppers, I can imagine that the price of land in SC is cheap compared to CT...

Quote:
You started back right? You are at work again and starting the new school year?
Not until Monday!
Quote:
My kid goes back Aug. 28. still a while to go but it is flying now.
Yeppers, it FLIES by too ding dang fast for sure!
Quote:
So kiddo got a VERY short funky haircut. Looks fab on her. She is so modern and I am so old school LOL
That's so cool! I remember when she got her hair colored!
Quote:
MIL improving so that is good will see what goes down and when on all this.
Quote:
That is really good news. Hope they release her real soon!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
I can almost see FRIDAY!!! The weekend is so much more appreciated when its back to school season
Oh, I can't agree MORE!
Quote:
Down .5 baby steps should be my nickname
Quote:
Down 1 pounder!!!!!!
Woot! Woot! HUGE Congrats on your 1.5 lbs DOWN!

Down is always super DUPER terrific! WTG!
Quote:
I came across that while reading the book. I'm not going to worry about protein and continue to eat 72 OP foods. Seems like the best plan for me anyway. I'm positive when I go back to the doctor for my 6 month blood work he will pull my metformin.
You can't go WRONG following A '72 as written! That's how we've all been successful!

Hope you'll let us know how your 6 month app goes and I hope your Dr does pull your metformin! That would be terrific news!
Quote:
I eat if hungry. Sometimes I will skip lunch if I'm not hungry. I guess when I stated skipping if I can I should have said skipping if not hungry
Exactly spot on b/c that's what Dr A says on pg 138 when he outlines the 9 Diet Revolution Rules:
Quote:
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
I agree with Karen when hungry eat A72 foods until full. Once you body knows you are not going to starve it the hunger will suppress naturally! Weight will come off!
It's really that simple. If you stick 100% to plan with no CHEATS, the weight loss happens. It's like that "magic" pill people spend billions & billions of dollars on each year trying to lose weight which of course, DOES NOT work.

BUT Atkins '72 does every single time if one religiously follows the plan without cheating and taking responsibility for what one eats.

Another thought: The most important thing in A '72 is not about kcals it's about carbs with the understanding that low carbs makes us less hungry = less kcals we will eat.

It's the "appetite suppressant" effect of being in ketosis that's really remarkable when we go ultra-low carb!
Quote:
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, Berni!
Quote:
Good news I got a rent a car this morning! My car towed yesterday! 8 k of damage won't be ready till 8/21. But I have car and mine will have a whole new driver's side.
Holy Hannah, 8k worth of damages & you walked away pretty much unscathed! I know you'll be glad when you get your car back!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Family has left. House is quiet. They are big carb eaters and big food eaters and constantly eating snacks too. Just happy I don't eat like that anymore!
I knew I wasn't the only one that watches how other people eat... funny how we do that, right?
Quote:
Jo... back to school for you soon right?
Yeppers, Monday is coming too quickly to be honest!
Quote:
That newest afghan is really beautiful. You have tremendous talent!
Thanks, De. Imma almost finished with my "petal pink" one, will post the pic when Imma done with it! Already have a idea for the next one which will be baby blue!
  #1958   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 08:16

BF:

WOW Bernie, 8K in damage. That was some big hit on your car, yikes....I am so happy none of that is medical bills on ya
Stuff is stuff and insurance is there so ya came thru this one in great shape!!

DE! Good to hear from ya. Now company is gone and you got some me time That is always good!

Yea her recovery is difficult but on the mend. Not sure if this trip in 5 days is cancelled...but we think it is! If she goes into rehab and thru that trip we might go, but if she comes home we will have to stay for 'just in case' stuff. We shall see on this one soon.

JO, wow you guys do start early.
LAST year...retirement....WOW....being a retired teacher then with alot of energy, would ya do something else with your career? Anything in your thoughts or would moving toward your daughter take over and you would just retire? Ahh, this all will come fast on ya. Sorry about the guitar. Everything is 'equal' shit is just that, shit Sorry but I see it that way. WHY should others be denied when some can't get? I don't believe it should ever work that way but hey I am just me and one opinion LOL

HM Hope you are doing great on A72!

HI ALL
nothing much
this and that, work with goats and pool and house etc. usual junk in my life
got nice ribeyes for grill tonight
leftover chuck roast to be finished when wanted

all in all quiet here right now. I like that
great day all
  #1959   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 09:42

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Saturday morning...

Yes, when we have company staying in our home and I am cooking for them I do notice how they eat...lol. We did shopping together and they bought a lot of junk food....candy, cake, ice cream, etc. ....we ate out a few times too. Anyway I am glad to be back to my normal schedule, even though I miss them. We spent a lot of time playing games & they brought out their many snacks. As I said before, so glad I don't eat like that anymore!!! There was a lot of food I ended up having to trash when they left. It was my brother's birthday during the time they were here, so of course there was that celebration. My son and his family were over several times to eat with us too. My brother and I had a few conversations about their diabetes. They actually have lost some weight since I last saw them...don't know how!

Got some yard work done early this morning. Mostly trimming plants. I couldn't mow the lawn because it was too wet. We had a storm yesterday. It rained pretty hard and lots of thunder, dogs were scared at the loud noise.
  #1960   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 05:10

BF:

DE your yard must be so nice with all the yard work you do keeps ya moving but can be so hard to keep handled.

heck I lost control of my front bed along the front of my house. I am on the fence which way to go. Let grass come straight up to the house and just leave it empty or gain back control again and fight to keep it nice. ugh I tell ya

hoping to swim later. cloudy kinda, but some sun. will see how this day goes.

quiet sunday here. this and that and just get thru the day.

hubby took off work since first day back but they might be sending his mom home today. Either rehab facility or home. They said she doesn't qualify for rehab but she appealed and hoping she can get a few weeks there to get her strength back but we shall see on that.

so if she comes home trip is cancelled.
if she can get rehab, which seems doubtful, we can do the trip cause she will be in care and ok.
it ain't looking good tho! oh well, whatever I guess life flows as it must and we just go along with it!!

great day all
  #1961   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 06:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Sunday, 6 August 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel - the stored FAT!!

~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 13

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Yea her recovery is difficult but on the mend. Not sure if this trip in 5 days is cancelled...but we think it is! If she goes into rehab and thru that trip we might go, but if she comes home we will have to stay for 'just in case' stuff. We shall see on this one soon.
I hope you don't have to cancel your next RV adventure b/c that would mean your MIL is doing well!

In your post today:
Quote:
hubby took off work since first day back but they might be sending his mom home today. Either rehab facility or home. They said she doesn't qualify for rehab but she appealed and hoping she can get a few weeks there to get her strength back but we shall see on that.

so if she comes home trip is cancelled.
if she can get rehab, which seems doubtful, we can do the trip cause she will be in care and ok.
it ain't looking good tho! oh well, whatever I guess life flows as it must and we just go along with it!!
I know you'll keep us posted either way! So sorry if your trip gets canceled again, but like you said you'll just go along with it!
Quote:
JO, wow you guys do start early.
Yeppers, start early and always end early! Last day of school is always the Friday before Memorial Day!
Quote:
LAST year...retirement....WOW....being a retired teacher then with alot of energy, would ya do something else with your career? Anything in your thoughts or would moving toward your daughter take over and you would just retire? Ahh, this all will come fast on ya.
My plans are to move to Phnx as soon as I can sell my home. Imma not staying here any longer than I have to!

I don't see myself teaching in a public school again b/c let's face it, this is/was the most amazing teaching position ever with amazing kiddos!

And I certainly don't see myself staying home when I retire! I'd go bat-shit crazy! I did the retirement thing back-azz backwards, I was a SAHM for 19 years before I got my education and became a teacher... so I am definitely not ready to completely retire... I have a new chapter in my book of life to figure out!
Quote:
Sorry about the guitar. Everything is 'equal' shit is just that, shit Sorry but I see it that way. WHY should others be denied when some can't get? I don't believe it should ever work that way but hey I am just me and one opinion LOL
Yeppers, I KNOW exactly what you mean and I feel the same way too. There's NOTHING I can do about it.

Actually, I feel rather grateful that I had the opportunity since I don't have any formal "music" background (aka "book" learnin') and they still allowed me to teach a class I was not "highly qualified" (formal education-wise) to teach!

Granted I had lots of experience but that's not enough in the age of college credits & degrees, etc...

The only way around this would be to take college music courses to get certified and Imma not gonna do that... Imma not spending another penny out of pocket for more education... Heck, I've already got a Master's Degree.

That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!
Quote:
heck I lost control of my front bed along the front of my house. I am on the fence which way to go. Let grass come straight up to the house and just leave it empty or gain back control again and fight to keep it nice. ugh I tell ya
sounds like quite the conundrum, girlie!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Yes, when we have company staying in our home and I am cooking for them I do notice how they eat...lol. We did shopping together and they bought a lot of junk food....candy, cake, ice cream, etc. ....we ate out a few times too. Anyway I am glad to be back to my normal schedule, even though I miss them. We spent a lot of time playing games & they brought out their many snacks. As I said before, so glad I don't eat like that anymore!!! There was a lot of food I ended up having to trash when they left. It was my brother's birthday during the time they were here, so of course there was that celebration. My son and his family were over several times to eat with us too. My brother and I had a few conversations about their diabetes. They actually have lost some weight since I last saw them...don't know how!
at "lost some weight...don't know how!"

Sounds like you guys had a great time together! Sorry to hear you had to trash the food when they left. But since you don't eat like that anymore, it's better that way!

So how's your DIL doing? When is the new bundle of joy due?

Quote:
Got some yard work done early this morning. Mostly trimming plants. I couldn't mow the lawn because it was too wet. We had a storm yesterday. It rained pretty hard and lots of thunder, dogs were scared at the loud noise.
I did my yard work yesterday as well which included the postage size yard mowing & pulling those annoying weeds out of the rocks in the front yard! We've had lots of rain lately and the weeds grow like..er...hmmm...WEEDS!
  #1962   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 03:38

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors?

I apologize for being absent from the boards this weekend! I finally got a rent a car on Friday And was running around trying to get everything done. Work had a golf outing on Saturday a lot of fun. Sunday was a cousin's bridal shower very beautiful she luvs sunflowers 🌻 and they did a beautiful job incorporating that theme.
De.... Wow what an awesome job you did navigating through carb for a month!
Karen... So glad mil is recovering well. I still keep praying and sending healing vibes!
Jo.... Back to school! I know this week is institute days and it stinks about the guitar classes. I see that happening at my grandkiddies school also. Unless parents invite the entire class they cannot give out invitations. Also if trips are scheduled the entire district had to be able to go or no one goes. DSGF told me too that they have a no fail policy by her. So kiddos are doing summer school and in special math and reading groups but no one held behind. A lot of changes for sure!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1963   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 04:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Monday, 7 August 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Wishing everyone a totally marvelous Monday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 5 months, 2 week and counting... Wt = 114 lbs.

I looked into what it would cost for me to get a music certification so I can keep teaching guitar. It would cost me around 7k to get properly certified, yeah that ain't gonna happen since I don't plan on teaching for much longer...

I finished another knitted baby afghan yesterday. The yarn is Red Heart brand and the color is "Petal Pink".

Pattern: "8x10 Cable" Knitted Afghan (41x43 inches)

So that's the 6th afghan I've completed this summer!

I started another knitted baby afghan in "Light Blue" yesterday. This one will be in 6x8 cable stitches. I can work on this one during those in-service days this week!

This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off and so are those UNWANTED POUNDS, all WITHOUT HUNGER.

~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 13

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014

Imma doing super duper terrific, hope you're doing the same!
Quote:
I apologize for being absent from the boards this weekend! I finally got a rent a car on Friday And was running around trying to get everything done. Work had a golf outing on Saturday a lot of fun. Sunday was a cousin's bridal shower very beautiful she luvs sunflowers 🌻 and they did a beautiful job incorporating that theme.
Hey don't ever apologize for not posting b/c RL takes over! And Wow! sounds like you had an über busy w/e for sure! I love sunflowers too!

Hope you got in some much needed "Berni Time" to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!
Quote:
Jo.... Back to school! I know this week is institute days and it stinks about the guitar classes. I see that happening at my grandkiddies school also. Unless parents invite the entire class they cannot give out invitations. Also if trips are scheduled the entire district had to be able to go or no one goes. DSGF told me too that they have a no fail policy by her. So kiddos are doing summer school and in special math and reading groups but no one held behind. A lot of changes for sure!
Yeppers! And what I've noticed as well is that they are getting rid of elective classes at the mid-school level. Which is a shame since those classes are the reason some of these kiddos show-up at ALL! What are they thinking???
  #1964   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 05:03

BF:

Bernie we knew you were taking care of business and relaxing a bit and handling life....never apologize, we know you are coming back! Real life gets us sometimes LOL
I truly do not like alot of the school changes in policy. Way different then when I went

JO....I LOVE IT! You got your retirement settled in your mind and you are gonna do what you want....move to Phx ASAP. Very cool. Hope your home sells fast when ya put it up...it should, it is such a nice pretty home and well taken care of! Is real estate moving well in your area? Around here not so much still.

HI GUYS
got MIL into rehab yesterday late.
they are gonna now evaluate her again.....I mean what the hell here? a 76 hr old diabetic and heart issues and still in stomach pain from severe blocked intestines and this surgery and she is weak as a newborn kitten and hardly not eating or drinking at ALL, freaking out in a way cause she can't function and yet they think she might not be able to stay long at all ....I don't get it.....but today hubby and I are going up there....I want confirmation she can keep her ass in that place for like 2 weeks or more to heal as needed! HEAL AS NEEDED..isn't that what these damn places are for! Ok you can tell we are frustrated LOL I will take the bull by the horns and get some firm decisions in place here today cause I am tired of this shit. oh yea I am involved now, left it mostly up to hubby and he is getting the run around big time....me, hell, they won't want to deal with me! HAHA

rainy today
icky
no swim etc so I can concentrate on this rehab thing today

ahhh it seems to be all there is in my life right now but it is cool, everything will get handled.
  #1965   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 07:01

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Happy Monday! WARRIORS
I guess I should have said rainy Monday
Hope everyone had a fab fun weekend!

WENT MIA FOR THE WEEKEND

Now that school has started back for Emilee and DD Ashley was off, we try to have a cyber free weekend so we can enjoy our time together. Which we did
We went to the park Saturday with Anubis to get that socialization started early.
Had family up Sunday for a cookout.

Down another pound. It was .5 losses for the weekend and thats ok.
weight 201.5

Whirrlly
I know things can get frustrating especially dealing with medical issues. I hope things get better for MIL.
Quote:
me, hell, they won't want to deal with me! HAHA

LOL sounds like me!
I have to deal with a lot of medical issues and doctors all the time with Emilee. Her heart doctor is a big pain in my BUTT and he knows better than to mess with me by now.

Jo
Quote:
I looked into what it would cost for me to get a music certification so I can keep teaching guitar. It would cost me around 7k to get properly certified, yeah that ain't gonna happen since I don't plan on teaching for much longer...

Wow that is expensive! Love the new baby afghan.
Closed Thread