Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1936   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 07:31

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello warriors

Thanks for the link Jo! I will give it a try and drop the stevia packets. I only have 1 packet in the am then 1 packet in the afternoon...but that could be affecting me Idk, but its worth a shot.

Jo,
I will also start posting my food as well. I noticed you guys don't post that on this thread so I didn't want to bore everyone with my food list. I would love a 2nd or 3rd set of eyes to keep me in-line

Quote:
I finally finished another knitted baby afghan yesterday (the 5th one this summer). The yarn is Red Heart brand and the color is "Wildflower". The pattern is called "Mistake Stitch"

That afghan is so pretty!!!! Love the colors. My dd (Emilee) has a beach theme room and I could see that on her chair You are very talented!
Quote:
Fish is crazy expensive here too

I had to take it off the menu for us. Salmon is a favorite in our house but it cost 35 to 40 just to feed 4 and thats over our budget

Bernie
Quote:
Hm6... I had to kick the sweetener to the curb. I don't use any sweetener now in my tea! Sometimes our body stalls weight wise but the inches continue to get smaller. Have you checked your measurements?

I haven't checked them in a couple of weeks now. I usually go by how my clothes are fitting.

Whirrlly
Quote:
I am a firm believer protein is a builder and never a problem in your menu zc people don't believe that stupid GNC stuff at all

I have always feared protein a little. Being type 2, I'm afraid if I have to much it will halt my weight loss. Any input would be welcome

Scale is the same.

Menu for today is:

Am-coffee 1tsp of HWC and 1 packet of stevia
Lunch-3 eggs cooked with 1 TBS of butter 2 pieces of bacon
Dinner-5oz of Homecooked chuck roast w 1 cup of salad greens dressed with 1/2 Tbs of olive oil
Feel free to make any recommendations.
I am axing the stevia after today.
I drink water, but I will have 1 diet coke daily. Its a morning thing for me. Call me weird, but I can not stand to drink water first thing in the morning for some reason!

HERES to a successful OP warriors style kind of day
Sponsored Links
  #1937   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 17:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Don't worry HM...protein doesn't swing blood sugar. It stabilizes your blood sugars You eat all the LC food you need to eat at any time, thru your day. KEY IS STAY LC A72 all the time. As long as you eat that you will be fine. It is not about starving yourself down the scale, as Dr A says, if hungry you eat and be sure to eat the A72 food and all will be dandy
never worry about too much protein. Protein is the good guy!!

HI ALL
fast one
we are all tired. hit hosp. today. MIL improve but long recovery that I can see. who knows? but wait and see so all ok at this point I guess
just moping along. doing this and that and just kinda resting a bit cause I feel like doing nothing HAHA
have a fab day all
  #1938   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-17, 05:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Happy First Day of August, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

CARBOHYDRATES—not fat—are the principal elements in food that FATTEN people.

They do this both by preventing you from burning up your own fat and by stimulating your body to make more fat and by being used to make that fat.

Protein and fat combinations alone do not do this!

~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 7

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Thanks for the link Jo! I will give it a try and drop the stevia packets. I only have 1 packet in the am then 1 packet in the afternoon...but that could be affecting me Idk, but its worth a shot.
I agree, it's worth using a zero carb AS for sure and use those carbs for foods we actually eat, JMO!
Quote:
Jo,
I will also start posting my food as well. I noticed you guys don't post that on this thread so I didn't want to bore everyone with my food list. I would love a 2nd or 3rd set of eyes to keep me in-line
You won't bore us with your food list and we'd love to help you possibly figure out why you're not losing or losing so slowly....

As for posting what I eat, for the most part, I eat pretty much the same things over and over again since the very beginning of this journey.

I've never deviated from the original A '72 Induction Foods List. I am an A '72 Induction Lifer!

I’ve truly embraced this statement from A’ 72 pg 263
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
I know I have been successful now for these past 3.5 years in Maintenance b/c I have stayed on the very low carb WOE on which I originally lost all the weight...

Fair warning, my food seems pretty boring to most people but I what I get to eat b/c it keeps me at a healthy weight and the biggest PLUS is that it keeps all my food related issues under control!

Here's what I have on any typical day. I only eat once a day b/c I seriously suffer from a chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome!

Breakfast: 3-4 cups java with 1 c. almond milk and 8 drops of liquid sucralose

Dinner: 100-120 grams of protein * which is either chicken or seafood (tuna, shrimp or fish) or egg white omelette cooked in 1/2 T of EVOO and 115 g (4 oz) leafy green salad sprinkled with 1 T of perm cheese with homemade garlic vinaigrette made with 1/2 T of EVOO.

I don't snack, ever.

I drink water most days, occasionally drink diet sodas, hot tea on cold days. I've never been concerned with my consumption of dt sodas or things like Crystal Light. The AS doesn't seem to affect me one iota!

* this is not the weight of the protein but how much actual protein is in the chicken or seafood, etc. Depending on the protein, it could weigh 10, 12 or 14 oz.
Quote:
That afghan is so pretty!!!! Love the colors. My dd (Emilee) has a beach theme room and I could see that on her chair You are very talented!
Thanks for the kind words about my afghan!

Wishing Emilee a wonderful first day of school in 7th grade today!
Quote:
I had to take it off the menu for us. Salmon is a favorite in our house but it cost 35 to 40 just to feed 4 and thats over our budget
I totally agree! Imma glad I don't eat beef b/c the price of beef is crazy expensive as well!
Quote:
Menu for today is:

Am-coffee 1tsp of HWC and 1 packet of stevia
Lunch-3 eggs cooked with 1 TBS of butter 2 pieces of bacon
Dinner-5oz of Homecooked chuck roast w 1 cup of salad greens dressed with 1/2 Tbs of olive oil
Feel free to make any recommendations.
Your food is perfect! I see no hidden carbs, etc... WTG!
Quote:
I drink water, but I will have 1 diet coke daily. Its a morning thing for me. Call me weird, but I can not stand to drink water first thing in the morning for some reason!
I see nothing wrong with you drinking dt soda. It's on the A '72 Induction Foods List!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
we are all tired. hit hosp. today. MIL improve but long recovery that I can see. who knows? but wait and see so all ok at this point I guess
just moping along. doing this and that and just kinda resting a bit cause I feel like doing nothing.
I know all of you will feel better when your MIL is out of the hospital and recovering! This has been mentally exhausting for sure, so the moping along & feeling like doing nothing is quite normal. Just take care of yourself, my friend! Sending healing vibes to all of you there!
  #1939   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-17, 08:18

BF:

HI everyone

Back to school day for Emilee :/
Boy was it a mad house this morning in my bathroom!!!
Ashley and Emilee getting ready together Athena snapping at the new puppy all because he stepped on her rug Glad that madness is over!!!

Jo
Quote:
Here's what I have on any typical day. I only eat once a day b/c I seriously suffer from a chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome!

Thats so like me!!!!!! I can go all day without eating till dinner most days but the second food hits my stomach I want to eat all day! But heres the thing for me, I would like to eat 1 time a day but worry about to little calories and to much protein at 1 setting.
1. Its cheaper and less prep for me!
2. I'm type 2 and I sort of fear to much protein in 1 setting kinda thing.
I do take metformin to help with my BG issues.
Sometimes I have to make myself eat lunch and I know thats frowned on...only eat when hungry right? Thats where things can get tricky for me because of protein issues. Maybe I am over analyzing things and making it more complicated than it is......

Thanks for sharing your daily routine. You have and are still successful with your WOE and such a inspiration!

Whirrlly
Quote:
Don't worry HM...protein doesn't swing blood sugar. It stabilizes your blood sugars You eat all the LC food you need to eat at any time, thru your day. KEY IS STAY LC A72 all the time. As long as you eat that you will be fine. It is not about starving yourself down the scale, as Dr A says, if hungry you eat and be sure to eat the A72 food and all will be dandy
never worry about too much protein. Protein is the good guy!!

Thanks for the advice! I have always wondered if protein could be hindering me somehow with type 2. My doctor said to always watch my protein intake, so that alone put my guard up about to much at one setting. He said to keep it 5oz at each meal.
My dinner last night I had 5 ozs of chuck roast which was only 27.8 grams of protein.
Yesterday total protein was only 68grams for the day.
Maybe I am selling myself short???? My body may need more than what I am taking in so in turn causing it to hold on to the extra pounds!!!

Todays menu
am-coffee 3 eggs 2 pieces of bacon
lunch-1 cup of chicken salad(homemade)
dinner-pan fired lemon pepper cod with a side salad
total protein=91

Heres to everyone having a fabulous 72 induction DAY

Last edited by hindman6 : Tue, Aug-01-17 at 10:06.
  #1940   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-17, 08:29

BF:

Yea JO, hubby is kinda freaking more cause it is his mom and he is working his 12 hr day then hitting hosp. so he is more fragile than me right now LOL in fact taking care of his needs is dragging me down more but hey that is fine, it is what I signed up for HAHA

HM yea protein 'might be limited' when a Dr tells ya ALL that stuff cause he is assuming YOU ARE eating CARBS in that menu and you are not!!! The minute you drop the carbs to a biological zero status, your protein in your body is a MUST and alot of good meat is needed to thrive. Your type 2 will probably be cured literally. Many who take meds for type 2 and switch to an extreme to zero low carb menu get off all meds and their blood sugars stabilize at a normal level and you freaking get healthier.

So remember ANY time that you hear....limit protein, do this and that it is ALWAYS off a menu that includes 'some carbs' etc and it is not based on a biological zero carb menu.

believe me A72 induction is a fab way to eat. you will heal your body, you will thrive on protein and don't skimp, and you can eat thru your day as needed and be the best you can be We aren't truly dieting, we are eating all the A72 foods we need to live our lives daily and we are getting the best benefits from that.

HEY ALL
hope everyone is doing great!
All ok here. Simple day, will swim cause sun is out and it is so hot outside but just gonna be a bit lazy thru this day.

got a nice 8 oz ribeye to attack at lunch time and will enjoy and then got a giant mess of delish chicken wings planned for dinner. yum

great day everyone!
  #1941   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-17, 10:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo and HM6 you menus look delish! Certainly looks like mine also only difference is I put spinach in my omelet. I also cook everything in EVOO also. I also keep my protein at 90-120 grams of protein!

Okay warriors I think the dear lord is showing me just how blessed I am. Yesterday I was heading home from Wally after getting my protein, leafy greens and eggs. I was heading east in my left hand turn lane at a red light. Out of no where I get hit by a driver making a right hand turn who went to wide and came into my lane. Took off my drivers mirror smashed in drivers door and drivers passenger door. Yep literally side swiped my entire driver side of escape. I was afraid my car was going to be pushed into oncoming traffic from the hit I threw it in park and put on my emergency break. Called 911 put on hazards and literally couldn't move my legs were rubber. I fine just achy but my escape is not drivable!
I did get a rent a car yesterday and waiting for her insurance to let me know when they fix. The lady said she knew she took the turn wide but didn't think she would hit me. They gave her multiple tickets at the scene. She was driving a 2017 jeep. Very little damage to her car. As jo always says what doesn't kill
Us makes us stronger!
So very true I am blessed not hurt and walked away! Can't beat that. Heck other than my eggs that broke my groceries were good!
Thanks for letting me share warriors! Have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!
  #1942   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-17, 04:11

BF:

Bernie, HOLY COW ya poor thing. You needed that scare like a giant hole in your head Feel for ya on that one!!! Thank heavens it wasn't as bad as it could have been!! I got that mental flashback of when you were hit and got hurt so bad!
WHEW!! Happy you are ok my friend! Scary stuff out there!!

HI ALL
nothing much today

kiddo and I to get haircuts at 9am then off to hit the store for a few things kid wants then up to Moms for lunch out.

will get bunless burger when out
dinner, not sure tonight...have to defrost some chicken and beef.

home later I want to swim some seems summer is flying by now.

great day all!
  #1943   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-17, 05:13

BF:

Hey all
Hope everyone is doing fabulous this am

Happy Wednesday

Down .5 still movement so i'm good

Bernie....wow car wrecks suck!!! Glad you are ok!!!
Thats one of my many fears seeing how crazy people drive nowadays.

Jo and whirrlly,
Thanks for all the advice. I will keep my protein up and try to not fall below 100. My calorie intake is usually 1200 and that seems to calm the beast within at that level. I have tried what everyone else has by adding extra fat... I know thats the easy way to get calories but its not for me.

A little boring on my end today. Just getting ready to get Emilee off to school while enjoying my COFFEE this morning

Food menu for today
am-coffee
lunch- tuna salad with a side of bacon
Dinner-BIG ribeye steak with a side saladlooking forward to that!!
  #1944   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-17, 05:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Happy Hump Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

If you're off-again-on-again with carbohydrates you'll get nowhere fast.

Those who think, "Well it can't do much harm if I go off the diet just for dinner," are due for a nasty surprise on the scales next morning!

~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 154

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Back to school day for Emilee :/
Boy was it a mad house this morning in my bathroom!!!
Ashley and Emilee getting ready together Athena snapping at the new puppy all because he stepped on her rug Glad that madness is over!!!
Imma sure you're not the only one that's glad the "first day of school" chaos is over and done!

Looks like Athena is training the new pup about boundaries!
Quote:
Thats so like me!!!!!! I can go all day without eating till dinner most days but the second food hits my stomach I want to eat all day! But heres the thing for me, I would like to eat 1 time a day but worry about to little calories and to much protein at 1 setting.
1. Its cheaper and less prep for me!
2. I'm type 2 and I sort of fear to much protein in 1 setting kinda thing.
I do take metformin to help with my BG issues.
Sometimes I have to make myself eat lunch and I know thats frowned on...only eat when hungry right? Thats where things can get tricky for me because of protein issues.
Since you're taking meds for your T2, you could probably start a thread and ask others here about T2 meds and only eating OMAD, if you're really interested in that. I don't take meds of any kind, so Imma not much help at all in that department...
Quote:
My doctor said to always watch my protein intake, so that alone put my guard up about to much at one setting. He said to keep it 5oz at each meal.
I know you said this to Karen, but most docs aren't educated in anything but SAD and the CI/CO crap.

Dr. A says a lot about diabetes in A '72 on pages: 2, 4, 47-54, 58 & 110.

My favorite is on page 110 where he talks about Herb being a diabetic and eating large quantities (i.e., eating 2.5 lbs of red meat at lunch) and daily kcals are around 3000. Herb lost a lb a day the first 12 weeks. YMMV of course!
Quote:
Maybe I am over analyzing things and making it more complicated than it is...
That maybe the case... but like you said, you're T2 and on meds so you need to take care of YOU in whatever way you can.
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your daily routine. You have and are still successful with your WOE and such a inspiration!
My pleasure and I wouldn't be eating like I am if I weren't successful at it... so I'll continue what Imma doing!
Quote:
Todays menu
am-coffee 3 eggs 2 pieces of bacon
lunch-1 cup of chicken salad(homemade)
dinner-pan fired lemon pepper cod with a side salad
total protein=91
Quote:
Food menu for today
am-coffee
lunch- tuna salad with a side of bacon
Dinner-BIG ribeye steak with a side saladlooking forward to that!!

Looks like great menus to me!
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. I will keep my protein up and try to not fall below 100. My calorie intake is usually 1200 and that seems to calm the beast within at that level. I have tried what everyone else has by adding extra fat... I know thats the easy way to get calories but its not for me.
I wouldn't add the EXTRA fat... that's not an A '72 thing. Lots of LC experts are saying NOT to do that b/c your body will get rid of that extra FAT first instead of the FAT on our bodies! Which makes sense to me...

Karen:
Quote:
Yea JO, hubby is kinda freaking more cause it is his mom and he is working his 12 hr day then hitting hosp. so he is more fragile than me right now LOL in fact taking care of his needs is dragging me down more but hey that is fine, it is what I signed up for HAHA
That's perfectly understandable! Like I said, as soon as she's out of the hospital, everything will get back to normal!
Quote:
got a nice 8 oz ribeye to attack at lunch time and will enjoy and then got a giant mess of delish chicken wings planned for dinner. yum
You are the Protein Queen for sure!
Quote:
kiddo and I to get haircuts at 9am then off to hit the store for a few things kid wants then up to Moms for lunch out.

will get bunless burger when out
dinner, not sure tonight...have to defrost some chicken and beef.
Imma envious of you and the time you get to spend with your mom. I know you'll have a fabulous time with her!

<Heavy Sigh> As an adult, I never lived close by my 'rents. I was either 2200 or 5500 miles away. That's why as soon as I give up this teaching gig, Imma heading to Phnx to live close to my DDs!
Quote:
home later I want to swim some seems summer is flying by now.
I know what you mean...

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Certainly looks like mine also only difference is I put spinach in my omelet. I also cook everything in EVOO also. I also keep my protein at 90-120 grams of protein!
You and I sure do eat a lot alike!
Quote:
Okay warriors I think the dear lord is showing me just how blessed I am. Yesterday I was heading home from Wally after getting my protein, leafy greens and eggs. I was heading east in my left hand turn lane at a red light. Out of no where I get hit by a driver making a right hand turn who went to wide and came into my lane. Took off my drivers mirror smashed in drivers door and drivers passenger door. Yep literally side swiped my entire driver side of escape. I was afraid my car was going to be pushed into oncoming traffic from the hit I threw it in park and put on my emergency break. Called 911 put on hazards and literally couldn't move my legs were rubber. I fine just achy but my escape is not drivable!
I did get a rent a car yesterday and waiting for her insurance to let me know when they fix. The lady said she knew she took the turn wide but didn't think she would hit me. They gave her multiple tickets at the scene. She was driving a 2017 jeep. Very little damage to her car. As jo always says what doesn't kill Us makes us stronger!
So very true I am blessed not hurt and walked away! Can't beat that. Heck other than my eggs that broke my groceries were good!
Thanks for letting me share warriors! Have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!
Holy HANNAH, girlie! Imma so glad and relieved that you walked away pretty much unscathed and the car can be repaired/replaced! Sorry about your eggs!

Stupid people here do the same thing, take WIDE turns in their cars... they act like they are driving big azz TRUCKS for crying out loud!
  #1945   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-17, 06:02

BF:

Yea JO I have to say living close to them has been nice. I almost stayed in Connecticut when they moved to NC cause I had a great corporate job and making great money but Dad said those magic words...cheaper land! Meant I could buy land for a horse so I said bye bye to CT and hello to NC HAHA
No way I could get land in CT, just too expensive but I sure could get land in NC! So happy I made that move back then!

You started back right? You are at work again and starting the new school year? My kid goes back Aug. 28. still a while to go but it is flying now.

HM, remember also being T2 you might have to have your meds adjusted sooner than later. the minute you drop them carbs out of your menu, your blood sugar will stabilize and make sure you watch yourself with those meds then. Good chance you will be off them soon or cut way down etc.

HUMPREE! I forgot it was Wed. My mind is saying Thurs LOL
  #1946   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 05:20

BF:

So kiddo got a VERY short funky haircut. Looks fab on her. She is so modern and I am so old school LOL

MIL improving so that is good will see what goes down and when on all this.

Nothing much doing today. storms kinda coming in so not sure if sunny today or not....kinda wanna swim a bit but will see.

today is simple
got some cheeseburgers for the grill later today
dinner, just some leftover last of the chuck roast I need to finish

hope everyone has a fab day!
  #1947   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 07:07

BF:

Hi everyone
Happy Thursday
I can almost see FRIDAY!!! The weekend is so much more appreciated when its back to school season

Down .5 baby steps should be my nickname

Jo,
Quote:
My favorite is on page 110 where he talks about Herb being a diabetic and eating large quantities (i.e., eating 2.5 lbs of red meat at lunch) and daily kcals are around 3000. Herb lost a lb a day the first 12 weeks. YMMV of course!

I came across that while reading the book. I'm not going to worry about protein and continue to eat 72 OP foods. Seems like the best plan for me anyway. I'm positive when I go back to the doctor for my 6 month blood work he will pull my metformin.

Not much going on today. Just taking Emilee to the orthodontist.

Keeping it simple with my food today
am-coffee
lunch-skipping if I can
Dinner-baked chicken with side salad
  #1948   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 08:37

BF:

HM never skip if you are hungry
key to this is eat all on plan A72 foods any time you need.
your body will love you for that
  #1949   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 10:31

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Karen....So glad you MIL feeling better. I bet you baby girl looks great with her new haircut. Sounds like you have a great day planned!

HM6.... I agree with Karen when hungry eat A72 foods until full. Once you body knows you are not going to starve it the hunger will suppress naturally! Weight will come off!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1950   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 13:29

BF:

Quote:
HM never skip if you are hungry
key to this is eat all on plan A72 foods any time you need.
your body will love you for that

I eat if hungry. Sometimes I will skip lunch if I'm not hungry. I guess when I stated skipping if I can I should have said skipping if not hungry
Closed Thread