Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1921   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-17, 07:59

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi y'all

It's Thursday which means I get to pick up our new family member!!!!

Meet Anubis

No change in weight this am which is fine. I'm following 72 induction to the T and things will happen crossing fingers!!!
Im wondering if me being diabetic and still going through menopause has something to do with my little stalls or hurtles... Any who I'm happy with how I feel.

Whirrlly
Quote:
MIL she is in the hospital still. I think about 2-3 more days, I mean, hell by then they must have her pain controlled and she should be 'on the mend' cause that would put the surgery done, eh, 8 days ago

Sorry to hear...Hoping for the best!!
Also Thats crazy with how much Insurance will cost!! I would love to own a beach house Hopefully you will have one some day!

Quote:
HM my daughter is starting 7th this year also
Bet I am alot older than you tho!!! I had her at age 43, my one and only and I am 55 now. YEA! retirement and college at the same time LOL

I'm 46...lol well college and retirement nothing wrong with that

JustJo
Quote:
It's like, what other choice do I have? Get mad at the scale and start eating carbs again to show it who's BOSS??? Like that would work, right?
Oh my LOL I have had my fair share of those days......

Quote:
I've got the best teaching gig ever. I teach all my hobbies: Sewing, Nutrition/Foods (Home Ec ), Computers (Microsoft Office apps, Web Design & Keyboarding) Home Crafts (hand sewing, plastic canvas, crochet & knitting) and Guitar to grades 6-8.

This is the only place in the entire USA I can teach this since it's a small school of less than 200 kiddos on a military base. I've never taught the same class more than 2 x in a day in the 17 years I've been teaching...

Don't know how teachers do the same class 5-6 or more times a day... I'd be a basket case by the end of the first week if I had to do that!

WOW you do have a great teaching JOB!!! Busy lady

We do have tax day but I would never repeat never go the the stores on that day LOL, its a mad house!!!

Hello Bernie hope all is well!

Looking forward to the weekend
Sponsored Links
  #1922   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-17, 05:23

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

HM6.... What a gorgeous doggy! How big is it? Girl or boy? Enjoy your new furbaby! How is your DD doing?
Karen.... How is MIL Doing? Have a great day and take care of yourself '

Hello dear Jo and De hope my two warriors are enjoying themselves!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1923   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-17, 05:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HM, Ahhh, Anubis is cute as heck
great pic!!!
I have to say I wish I was 46 again, I would love to start going backwards now but for some reason I keep heading toward 60 instead of 40 LOL eh, it is all good tho

Hey Bernie, hope everything is going ok on your end!
I know you are one busy gal!
MIL is holding her own. test after test showing nothing wrong that they can see and hubby thinks she is 'very slowly' improving a bit but she is wiped out from this. Just wait and see now as usual with this kind of thing.

JO and DE, waving at ya'll

HI GUYS
nothing much
kids slept over again last night in the RV. OK they had a blast and now today it is over for sure. kicking everyone out about 6 pm tonight and calling this done deal I gave them a summer fling time so I did my part for summer fun LOL

Just general clean up and junk today.

Pool just sucks. still cloudy but put in more chemicals and NOW THE damn thing just reeks of over loaded chlorine and honestly even I won't want to go in it. I am to the point while I love swimming I hate owning a pool now oh well, deal with it, right? lol

great day all
  #1924   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-17, 07:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Just so you all know, Imma not really that HAPPY that it's Friday b/c that means my summer break is quickly coming to an end...

Anyhoo...

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways."
~ Dr. Atkins on “Maintenance” | A ’72 pg 263

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO on MIL she is in the hospital still. I think about 2-3 more days, I mean, hell by then they must have her pain controlled and she should be 'on the mend' cause that would put the surgery done, eh, 8 days ago? but then again sometimes healing takes a long time on certain things?

I don't know at this point truly. It is strange. She just went into super pain mode and is kinda losing it a bit...she says she is dying and it upsets hubby and it is all freaky here on this stuff right now.

ugh

Being in any big pain is a bitch ya know, I hope they get her thru this ok at this point. heck little pain sucks, big pain is way worse but so far she is holding her own but is miserable at this point.

just wait and see I guess?
Sorry to hear she's still in the hospital and in pain. I can understand your DH freaking out, it's not easy when our 'rents are sick and in pain...we feel so helpless.

You're right that healing can take a long time for some people. Hope she gets out real soon and everything gets back to normal for you guys!
From this morning's post:
Quote:
MIL is holding her own. test after test showing nothing wrong that they can see and hubby thinks she is 'very slowly' improving a bit but she is wiped out from this. Just wait and see now as usual with this kind of thing.
Good to hear that she's slowly improving. I know that your DH is wiped out from this as well...
Quote:
yea flood insurance is a doozey. We are hemming and hawing about buying a beach house but I need hurricane insurance and flood insurance. I think it came to around $600 plus per month to have both....can you imagine....that much per month JUST to pay for insurance and that includes like no other friggin' payments in life how ya live and spend......so believe me we are not in a fast mode to really buy at the beach but a gal can dream. I can afford the home, I can't afford the costs to ins. cover the damn thing!!!! insanity!
Ohhh the BEACH HOUSE... that's one of my fantasies too! Yep, insurance for ANYTHING is pricey these days and it ain't getting any better!
Quote:
I have to say I wish I was 46 again, I would love to start going backwards now but for some reason I keep heading toward 60 instead of 40 LOL eh, it is all good tho
And we'll be the BEST (health-wise) 60 year olds around, Karen since we're doing A '72!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Meet Anubis
Wow what an adorable furbaby! Thanks for sharing the pic!
Quote:
No change in weight this am which is fine. I'm following 72 induction to the T and things will happen crossing fingers!!!
Right ON! That's truly the only way to be successful!
Quote:
Quote:
It's like, what other choice do I have? Get mad at the scale and start eating carbs again to show it who's BOSS??? Like that would work, right?

Oh my LOL I have had my fair share of those days......
We all have! On those days, I always tell myself "Stay 100% OP today and let tomorrow take care of itself..."
Quote:
WOW you do have a great teaching JOB!!! Busy lady
Yeppers! If it wasn't for what I teach and those amazing kiddos, I wouldn't be a teacher.

The pay is beyond insulting and I have a terribly incompetent principal... <insert "Heavy Sigh" here>
Quote:
We do have tax day but I would never repeat never go the the stores on that day LOL, its a mad house!!!
Exactly! It's almost like Black Friday!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello dear Jo and De hope my two warriors are enjoying themselves!
I am!

Imma starting to worry about De, if she doesn't post soon, I'll text her and find out what's up...
Quote:
Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, dear friend!
  #1925   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-17, 10:34

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Everyone!

My company is still here. Keeping busy with them. The eat A LOT. Breakfast, lunch & dinner, plus snacks! Luckily they brought their own snacks. The 3 meals a day is a bit much, along with all the carbs! It will be several more days before they leave and we are back to our normal routine. I am hanging in there.

Hope everyone is well...I will catch up later!

Have a great Friday.
  #1926   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-17, 11:45

BF:

Happy Friday

Whirrlly
Quote:
HM, Ahhh, Anubis is cute as heck

Thanks!!
JustJo
Quote:
Just so you all know, Imma not really that HAPPY that it's Friday b/c that means my summer break is quickly coming to an end...

I know how that feels :/

Quote:
Wow what an adorable furbaby! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Thanks! your welcome. We love him already. He is such a cutie!!!

Bernie2014
Quote:
HM6.... What a gorgeous doggy! How big is it? Girl or boy? Enjoy your new furbaby! How is your DD doing?

Thanks! He is 24 pounds at 9weeks old...He will be a big boy! My dd is doing great. The meds and ear drops have really helped. Thanks for asking

Down .5 today slow and steady wins right?? Well I may not be steady all the time but slow...yep thats me
Pick-up at the airport for Anubis went great. Lost some sleep last night with a new pup and all. I actually fell asleep on the couch a little while ago :/ and I never nap lol shows how little sleep I got!

Laundry needs my attention so Off to wash :/

Hope everyone is well and has a great weekend
  #1927   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 06:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

I'll get our thread rollin' this am...

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

"...You only look normal; inside your body is the same metabolic abnormality that made you overweight in the first place. This, by the way, is one of the key points of the whole book."
~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 286

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Everyone!
DE! Wow, Imma glad you posted, was really starting to worry!
Quote:
My company is still here. Keeping busy with them. The eat A LOT. Breakfast, lunch & dinner, plus snacks! Luckily they brought their own snacks. The 3 meals a day is a bit much, along with all the carbs! It will be several more days before they leave and we are back to our normal routine. I am hanging in there.
I didn't realize you have company!

at "eat A LOT"!

Being HARD CORE A '72, Imma fascinated by the way other people eat, what they eat, how much, when, etc... Anybody else fascinated by that?

It was interesting to see my twin eat when he was here: Breakie was 1 egg and 1/2 a slice of bread + coffee, lunch was several slices of ham and cheese and he'd eat exactly what I ate at dinner and he only drinks water too!

hm6:
Quote:
I know how that feels :/
Hey your DD goes back this Tuesday, right???
Quote:
Thanks! your welcome. We love him already. He is such a cutie!!!
Yes he is!
Quote:
He is 24 pounds at 9 weeks old...
WOW he's gonna be a big one for sure!
Quote:
Down .5 today slow and steady wins right?? Well I may not be steady all the time but slow...yep thats me
IMHO, any DOWNWARD movement on the demonic evil contraption is a WIN! WTG!
  #1928   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 10:57

BF:

DE glad all is good. Jo wondering set me to wondering etc

hey all
fast one
crazy here with MIL but is 'kinda slowly on the possible mend' and all is flaky here

so all ok but all crazy

off I go but I wanted ya'll to know I am on plan and ok in that factor just no chat time cause the weirdo stuff going down kinda.

great day all
  #1929   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 15:38

BF:

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Crazy day have a bday party and sleepover with grandkiddies!

Quiet the rest of the weekend!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!

HM6.... what a cute puppy! Holy Hannah he will be big!

Karen .... Continue to send healing vibes for MIL!
  #1930   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-17, 06:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 30 July 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

"Most people eat less, but it's only because what they get on this diet so completely satisfies their hunger. They find they just can't eat as much as they used to."
~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 2

Karen:
Quote:
Jo wondering set me to wondering etc
I know, right?
Quote:
hey all
fast one
crazy here with MIL but is 'kinda slowly on the possible mend' and all is flaky here

so all ok but all crazy

off I go but I wanted ya'll to know I am on plan and ok in that factor just no chat time cause the weirdo stuff going down kinda.

great day all
Sorry everything is crazy there but it's good to hear that your MIL is slowly on the mend. I know as soon as she is out of the hospital, everything will go back to normal for you!

Since you're our resident ZC/Protein Hound, I wanted to share this article with you:

"More than you ever wanted to know about Protein & Gluconeogenesis"

Cotonpal (Jean) posted it on this thread: "Amy Berger finally takes on Protein"

I think you'll appreciate the info since it basically says "Don't be afraid of too much protein. Excess protein doesn't just turn to sugar." It's lengthy, but well worth the read, IMHO!

Berni:
Quote:
Crazy day have a bday party and sleepover with grandkiddies!
Hope the b'day party and sleepover went well!
Quote:
Quiet the rest of the weekend!
Get some "Berni Time" in there to just chil-lax and take care of YOU, my friend!
  #1931   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-17, 07:21

BF:

Hello everyone.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Yesterday I was up.5 and this am down the same .5....
Everyday we will have fluctuations which is understandable. I switched a while ago to stevia packets.
I have 1 in each coffee and I keep my cream ~1tsp no more than 4tsp a day.
I am a measure freak and I live by the rules of 72 induction with a OCD tendency. I can't believe I was losing well and now _______
flatline mostly..... I might have to give up the stevia and do what I hate the most(BLACK COFFEE) I know I am extra sensitive to EVIL CARBS and the stevia might just be holding me back??
Not getting discouraged but I do like to do a happy dance with consistent loss

Emilee is sleeping in trying to get all the sleep she can before Tuesday morning. I remember school starting for me after Laborday. I think school starts back to soon....

Bernie
Quote:
Crazy day have a bday party and sleepover with grandkiddies

Sounds fun!!!
Quote:
HM6.... what a cute puppy! Holy Hannah he will be big!

Ha Ha thanks He kept me busy all day yesterday and he is eating well of course.

HI Jo and Whirrlly, hope you are having a great Sunday!

Well off to get my 2nd cup of coffee this am
Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday!!!
  #1932   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-17, 08:08

BF:

Bernie, ohhh the dreaded sleepover. I had the kids for darn near 3 full days....when they arrived, 2 sleepover nights and I finally got rid of them all that next day. LOL They cost me a fortune in food ya know HAHA

HM don't worry. You drop alot then stall out a bit but I know a whoosh is coming your way. Your body can't drop it all constantly, won't ever happen that way for most. Hold strong, you will be fine I am sure!!

JO, thanks for link...will read later. heading out in a bit for mom's house. I am a firm believer protein is a builder and never a problem in your menu zc people don't believe that stupid GNC stuff at all

HI ALL
fast one
off to mom's. nephew Kevin,now about 26 I think, flew down for fast weekend with his Nanny LOL So kiddo and me are heading over to swim in the lake and entertain him a bit and catch up. hubby working.
MIL doing a 'bit better' and still wait see thing

off I go, out of time to get moving it seems great day all
  #1933   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 04:32
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Monday, 31 July 2017

Happy Last Day of July, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 5 months, 1 week and counting... Wt = 114 lbs.

I can't believe this is my last week of summer break! I've had fun, chil-laxed, been productive, etc. So Imma not complaining one iota.

On the productive end:

I finally finished another knitted baby afghan yesterday (the 5th one this summer). The yarn is Red Heart brand and the color is "Wildflower". The pattern is called "Mistake Stitch".

Pattern: "Mistake Stitch" Knitted Afghan 2 (41x44 inches)

I started another knitted baby afghan in "Petal Pink" yesterday. This one will have 7 columns of 8x25 cable stitches. Yeppers, Imma knit-wit!

"People and animals very likely can survive quite well on diets containing no carbohydrate because the body can also use fats and proteins directly as sources of energy."
~ Dr. Atkins | A ’72 pg 6

hm6:
Quote:
Yesterday I was up.5 and this am down the same .5....
Everyday we will have fluctuations which is understandable. I switched a while ago to stevia packets.
I have 1 in each coffee and I keep my cream ~1tsp no more than 4tsp a day.
I am a measure freak and I live by the rules of 72 induction with a OCD tendency. I can't believe I was losing well and now _______
flatline mostly..... I might have to give up the stevia and do what I hate the most(BLACK COFFEE) I know I am extra sensitive to EVIL CARBS and the stevia might just be holding me back??
Not getting discouraged but I do like to do a happy dance with consistent loss
It could be the packets of stevia since they contain an anti-caking agent that has carbs in it... try to find liquid stevia.

I don't like BLACK coffee either, I use liquid sucralose that I buy on amazon. It's never affected my ability to lose weight/keep it off or caused cravings for sweets!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...vel+Size+Bottle

One 4 oz bottle lasts me almost 5 months and I drink coffee every single day & hot tea during the colder months!

You could post what you're eating for several days on here and maybe with our carb glasses on, we can see if there are any hidden carbs/problematic areas, etc.

Imma very OCD about my WOE (& most areas of my life). I weigh/measure everything too and for me, that's the ONLY way I can be successful!
Quote:
Emilee is sleeping in trying to get all the sleep she can before Tuesday morning. I remember school starting for me after Laborday. I think school starts back to soon....
Imma sure she's not the only one trying to get in as much sleep as possible before school starts!

Lots of places still start after Labor Day... if she starts early, she'll be done early too!

We've always started early August here and are done the Friday before Memorial Day!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, thanks for link...will read later. heading out in a bit for mom's house. I am a firm believer protein is a builder and never a problem in your menu zc people don't believe that stupid GNC stuff at all
As you guys know, I've never worked my macros, I eat around 100-120 grams of protein a day and I do low-ish fat. I don't add extra fat to anything. I use 1 T of EVOO daily for my salad and to pan sear my protein and that's all.

I've always believed (wrong or right) that adding extra fat means I have to burn that fat first before it burns the fat off my body...

Hey Karen, have you noticed too that some protein are more satiating than others? I can have 100 grams of protein from 16 oz of shrimp and not be as satiated as I would be with say 100 grams of protein from 12 oz of chicken. It may be a "head" thing...who knows...
Quote:
off to mom's. nephew Kevin,now about 26 I think, flew down for fast weekend with his Nanny LOL So kiddo and me are heading over to swim in the lake and entertain him a bit and catch up. hubby working.
MIL doing a 'bit better' and still wait see thing

off I go, out of time to get moving it seems great day all
That's so cool that your nephew came down to see his Nanny and you guys!

Good to hear that your MIL is a bit better! Continuing to send healing vibes her way and hope she's out of the hospital sooner rather than later!
  #1934   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 05:00

BF:

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Jo... I agree with different type protein and the fullness. Lately I have found that I have to eat a lot more fish to feel as satisfied as chicken or ground turkey. Fish is so expensive here in the Midwest and I can always find chik breast or ground turkey on sale.

Karen.... so glad you will be spending a fun filled day with mom
And family ! Like Jo I sending healing vibes to mil. I am also sending hopeful and comforting vibes for MIL quick recovery!

Jo.... Outstandingly beautiful afgans they truly are exquisite in
Every detail you are so very gifted my dear friend!

Hm6... I had to kick the sweetener to the curb. I don't use any sweetener now in my tea! Sometimes our body stalls weight wise but the inches continue to get smaller. Have you checked your measurements?
DE.... Thinking about You hoping everything going well
With your company! Stop
By when you get a chance.
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #1935   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 05:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Jo... I agree with different type protein and the fullness. Lately I have found that I have to eat a lot more fish to feel as satisfied as chicken or ground turkey. Fish is so expensive here in the Midwest and I can always find chik breast or ground turkey on sale.
Fish is crazy expensive here too and all of it is frozen!

Good to know that I am not the only one that feels different protein have different satiety facts!

I buy chicken breast at Wally World for $1.99 a lb ~ cheapest price in my tiny lil' quaint burg!
Quote:
Jo.... Outstandingly beautiful afgans they truly are exquisite in
Every detail you are so very gifted my dear friend!
Aww shucks, thanks, girlie!

I do knitting/crocheting them... you know: Idle hands and all that jazz!
Quote:
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, dear Berni!
Closed Thread