Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1906   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-17, 03:30

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Very tired so I am getting off work and going right to bed!
Celebration dinner for dear brother was fantastic! I had so many cousin come from my dad side that I haven't seen in a long time.
I actually felt hungry and had broiled salmon over leafy greens! It was delish.
Dear jo thank you for the beautiful words in your post!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!

Last edited by Bernie2014 : Mon, Jul-24-17 at 07:58.
Sponsored Links
  #1907   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-17, 04:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie so happy all this went in good fashion for your family and you have laid your brother to rest. I have always found that any type of situation like this makes one super exhausted mentally. A drain on the emotions and all, you rest up big time now
Happy so many of your family could make it. As always be sure to take care of yourself!!

Jo, we got those trailers at one high school. older one and small and I guess they are not gonna rebuild anything cause these satellite classroom trailers are all over the front lawn of the HS. About 6-8 if I can remember. Can you imagine having to walk in the rain to get to class out in the lawn? lol.....It is funny I never noticed how many kids are actually around til I finally had a kid of my own, then I kinda noticed them alot more HAHA

HI DE and HM...hope all is going well!

HI GUYS
nothing big here but busy day run here and there
to grocery to get some food for rv
pack rv
batten down the hatches at this house before we leave tomorrow.

quickie, only gone 4 days to the lake again. bringing kayaks and bikes but in this heat the bikes might just sit HAHA

fab day all!
  #1908   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-17, 05:37

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello warriors
Happy MONDay(if there is one
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Bernie
Quote:
Celebration dinner for dear brother was fantastic! I had so many cousin come from my dad side that I haven't seen in a long time.

So glad the hear !!! Its always nice to see family and have that support!

Whirrlly

Quote:
quickie, only gone 4 days to the lake again. bringing kayaks and bikes but in this heat the bikes might just sit HAHA

Sounds fun and about the bike thing...totally understand if its as hot there as it is here my bikes would sit too!!!

I have been busy all weekend. Did indoor chores because of heat outdoors Saturday . Took the boat to the lake Sunday. Daughter Emilee has to see the Doc this am due to ear problems.

Just sitting here sipping on my coffee getting got up on everyones updates

205.5 today. I haven't been weighing in everyday. I know if I stay 72 induction and don't over eat on OP foods then the weight will come off.

Hello Jo hope you are doing well.

The summer is coming to an end with school starting back. My daughter goes back aug 1 and she is so sad its over :/ I am too! I love spending all day with her.

Heres to staying 72 induction strong!!
  #1909   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-17, 06:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay Warrior STRONG!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 5 months and counting... Wt = 114 lbs.

Two more weeks off and then it's back to school with a week full of in-services days... Not my favorite part of teaching, but they pay me to be there, so it's all good!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“This diet is deliberately UNBALANCED to counteract the metabolic imbalance that causes people to get FAT in the first place.”
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 2

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Very tired so I am getting off work and going right to bed!
Like Karen said, you're probably emotionally exhausted with everything you've had to deal with lately.

Sleep tight!

Speaking of deal with: How much damage did your DD's house suffer during that terrible flooding a couple of weeks back? Hope it's not too bad and the insurance will cover everything!
Quote:
Imma glad that the celebration dinner went well and that's behind you now.
Quote:
I actually felt hungry and had broiled salmon over leafy greens! It was delish.
That does sound de-lish and Imma happy to hear that you are eating...
Quote:
Dear jo thank you for the beautiful words in your post!
Always my pleasure, my friend! We're here for you and each other, always!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Jo, we got those trailers at one high school. older one and small and I guess they are not gonna rebuild anything cause these satellite classroom trailers are all over the front lawn of the HS. About 6-8 if I can remember. Can you imagine having to walk in the rain to get to class out in the lawn? lol.....It is funny I never noticed how many kids are actually around til I finally had a kid of my own, then I kinda noticed them alot more HAHA
"Port-ables" are the only avenue lots of school districts have to suffer thru to house the kiddos... we have the same issue here... there's just NO MONEY in education as usual...
Quote:
nothing big here but busy day run here and there
to grocery to get some food for rv
pack rv
batten down the hatches at this house before we leave tomorrow.

Wow you are über busy today!

Imma glad you guys are going to the lake that means your MIL is doing well after her outpatient surgery! That's awesome!

Hope the weather is perfect for your lake adventure! And I know we won't hear from you until probably Saturday since you go off the tech grid and all!

Safe travels and have FUN FUN FUN!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Daughter Emilee has to see the Doc this am due to ear problems.
Sorry to hear that you have to take your DD to the doc. Hope she recovers quickly!
Quote:
205.5 today. I haven't been weighing in everyday. I know if I stay 72 induction and don't over eat on OP foods then the weight will come off.
Woot! Woot!

So you're seeing the downward movement on that demonic evil contraptions again! WTG!

Don't fear the scales! As I always say, if you're eating 100% OP every single day, the scales will eventually reflect your hard work and dedication!

Here's what Dr. A says on page 289 | A '72 about Daily Weighing:
Quote:
Q: How often should I weigh myself?

A: Every day. It never hurts to be aware. This is a good habit to begin before you get to maintenance, because if you ever notice a small weight gain you would be likely to respond by promptly getting stricter with your diet.
On page 262, he gives this advice for those of us in maintenance:
Quote:
You must make up your mind to get on the scale every morning, as regularly as you brush your teeth...

So you see how vital it is to get on the scale every day and to make it an absolutely inviolable rule to go back to the first or second levels when you have reached the top of your 5 lb range. This way you can keep your weight within 5 pounds of your ideal, and without deprivation-since the basic diet [Induction] takes away hunger and allows you so many goodies.
Quote:
Hello Jo hope you are doing well.
Imma doing super duper terrific, thanks for asking!
Quote:
The summer is coming to an end with school starting back. My daughter goes back aug 1 and she is so sad its over :/ I am too! I love spending all day with her.
Wow she goes back next week!

I totally understand the sadness that summer break is almost over. Imma little bummed that I have to start back too, but once I get past the sense-less in-service days and get to teach, Imma ecstatic!

I the kiddos and all the things I get to teach and share with them!
  #1910   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-17, 03:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Wow! last one in here yesterday and first one here today... okay I'll get our thread goin'...

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific day in every single way possible!

Stay Warrior STRONG!

Nothing much happening here... just doing a little this and that and sadly counting down the last days of Summer Break (13 left)...

"...Where you start the diet, of course, is with a daily intake of zero grams of carbohydrate.

Although we allow salad on the diet from the start, and lettuce has carbohydrate in it, the amount it contains is so minute as to be biologically the equivalent of zero."

~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 102

#1911   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-17, 04:37

BF:

Major upset here.

MIL to hospital ER around 7 last night. said intense pain and they did cat scan with drink the goop and think inflammation in surgery site. She is still there and we will check on her this morning.

hubby brain dead. straight from a 12 hr work day to her house to take her to ER and he got home at midnight.

trip cancelled. time to unpack everything I packed but will wait a bit just in case but we doubt it.

if she comes home today as thought and in decent form we might go. but not looking good at all of course.

off to see what the day brings
  #1912   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-17, 07:52

BF:

Happy Tuesday Warriors
Hope everyone has a perfect OP day !

205.5 same this am

Staying in today because DD doesn't feel well with her ear. It is ruptured and still draining. This is all because of the water pressure! Doc said since she has had previous sets of tubes(which have been out for a year) weaken the ear drum and thats how the pressure from the water made it rupture :/

Jo
Quote:
Sorry to hear that you have to take your DD to the doc. Hope she recovers quickly!

Thanks, me too!

Jo
Quote:
Don't fear the scales! As I always say, if you're eating 100% OP every single day, the scales will eventually reflect your hard work and dedication!

I guess I don't fear it but sometimes I do let it rule me...if that makes any sense.

Jo
Quote:
I love the kiddos and all the things I get to teach and share with them!

Thats so sweet, hoping all teachers feel this way!!!

Whirrlly

Quote:
MIL to hospital ER around 7 last night. said intense pain and they did cat scan with drink the goop and think inflammation in surgery site. She is still there and we will check on her this morning.

Sorry to hear... Hoping all goes well.
  #1913   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-17, 09:37

BF:

Hello warriors,

Jo... My DD is flooded right up to house. The simp pump holding for basement and sandbags holding for house so far. They do not live in flood plains no flood insurance but area has been declared federal disaster area so they will get government loans to fix.
Karen.... I praying for your mother in law and entire family. Scary you never know when surgeries recovery go wrong! I hope you can get away !

Hm6....Sorry about DD hope she is feeling better! Don't worry about evil scale just stay 💯 on plan and you will see inches come off and the scales will follow!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1914   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-17, 06:10

BF:

Hello warriors

Didn't weigh in this am.
Just setting here sipping on my coffee all by myself. DD is off to work and everyone else is still asleep.
Today I have to venture out and get all of Emilee's school supplies for her 7th grade year They grow up way to fast!!!

Bernie
Quote:
My DD is flooded right up to house

OH NO!!! Sorry to hear that. Hoping it doesn't get in the house.

Hope everyone has a fun Wednesday
Warrior style
  #1915   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-17, 06:44

BF:

Bernie, yikes....so happy it came up the house and not IN the house water damage is just the worst...hope all pans out ok for her!!

HM my daughter is starting 7th this year also
Bet I am alot older than you tho!!! I had her at age 43, my one and only and I am 55 now. YEA! retirement and college at the same time LOL

HI ALL
thanks for well wishes for MIL
hubby spent the day at hospital with her. more tests and no great conclusions. he came home super stressed, he said she was spouting the 'I am dying' stuff and it unnerved him alot.

but she is super exhausted and hurting and 'sick' in some fashion but getting that not sure answers is frustrating.....so she is in for like 2-3-4-5 more days? Who knows. Will check on her in a bit and see if things are improving or ??

cloudy icky here
kid having friend sleepover. set them up in the camper since the darn thing is AN entire home in there LOL

called my state park and they transfered my trip to next year no loss on it so always happy I can save another buck when I can

nothing much more
things just doing around here, kinda in that foggy area of stupid feeling for us

great day all
  #1916   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-17, 09:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Happy Hump Day, Warriors!

"If you can cut down on your quantities, you are better off to do so—but not when it gets to the point where you have to put up with discomfort or hunger.
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 275

Karen:
Quote:
Major upset here.

hubby brain dead. straight from a 12 hr work day to her house to take her to ER and he got home at midnight.

trip cancelled. time to unpack everything I packed but will wait a bit just in case but we doubt it.

if she comes home today as thought and in decent form we might go. but not looking good at all of course.

off to see what the day brings
Quote:
hubby spent the day at hospital with her. more tests and no great conclusions. he came home super stressed, he said she was spouting the 'I am dying' stuff and it unnerved him alot. but she is super exhausted and hurting and 'sick' in some fashion but getting that not sure answers is frustrating.....so she is in for like 2-3-4-5 more days? Who knows. Will check on her in a bit and see if things are improving or ??
Oh man, sorry to hear about your MIL's setback & Tony being super stressed. Hope she's doing much better today! Sending healing vibes her way!
Quote:
kid having friend sleepover. set them up in the camper since the darn thing is AN entire home in there LOL
Good idea to have the sleepover in the RV, that will keep your DD's mind off her DGM!
Quote:
called my state park and they transfered my trip to next year no loss on it so always happy I can save another buck when I can
Sorry you had to postpone your trip, but hopefully your MIL will be better soon and out of the hospital so that you guys can have another RV adventure before the DD starts school again!
Quote:
things just doing around here, kinda in that foggy area of stupid feeling for us
Foggy area feeling and I wouldn't call it stupid b/c you're worried about your MIL. That's understandable esp since you have no info about what's wrong with her or how how long she will be in hospital, etc...

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Staying in today because DD doesn't feel well with her ear. It is ruptured and still draining. This is all because of the water pressure! Doc said since she has had previous sets of tubes(which have been out for a year) weaken the ear drum and thats how the pressure from the water made it rupture :/
So sorry to hear about your DD. Hope she's much improved today, poor thing!
Quote:
I guess I don't fear it but sometimes I do let it rule me...if that makes any sense.
I totally understand that b/c we've all gone thru that.

The way I've coped with the scale is to totally embrace the fact that I am doing EVERY.SINGLE.THING humanly possible to lose weight (when I was on that path) or like now, to maintain my weight loss!

It's like, what other choice do I have? Get mad at the scale and start eating carbs again to show it who's BOSS??? Like that would work, right?
Quote:
Thats so sweet, hoping all teachers feel this way!!!
I've got the best teaching gig ever. I teach all my hobbies: Sewing, Nutrition/Foods (Home Ec ), Computers (Microsoft Office apps, Web Design & Keyboarding) Home Crafts (hand sewing, plastic canvas, crochet & knitting) and Guitar to grades 6-8.

This is the only place in the entire USA I can teach this since it's a small school of less than 200 kiddos on a military base. I've never taught the same class more than 2 x in a day in the 17 years I've been teaching...

Don't know how teachers do the same class 5-6 or more times a day... I'd be a basket case by the end of the first week if I had to do that!
Quote:
Just setting here sipping on my coffee all by myself. DD is off to work and everyone else is still asleep.
Today I have to venture out and get all of Emilee's school supplies for her 7th grade year They grow up way to fast!!!
Yeppers, they grow up way too fast! Hey Karen's DD is going into 7th grade as well! How cool is that!

Does your state have Gross Receipt Tax exempt days for school clothing/supplies? We do here in NM. This year it's Aug 4-6. So I avoid the stores like the plague those days!

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... My DD is flooded right up to house. The simp pump holding for basement and sandbags holding for house so far. They do not live in flood plains no flood insurance but area has been declared federal disaster area so they will get government loans to fix.
I hope the sump pump and sandbags hold so that no more damage is done to the house.

I know I don't have flood insurance b/c I live in a low risk area so it's not required (actually when it rains everything rolls down hill from my house)!

I did some google checking and here's what I've discovered:

"Most federal disaster assistance comes in the form of low-interest disaster loans from U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and you have to pay them back. FEMA offers disaster grants that don't need to be paid back, but this amount is often much less than what is needed to recover."

Source: FEMA Website

De: We haven't seen you since Friday, hope you and yours are well! Sure do miss you on here, girlie!
  #1917   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-17, 03:34

BF:

Hello warriors,

Karen.... I am praying for dear mil and sending healing and comforting vibes to your entire family! I use to do the same thing with our little trailer set it up and let the kids have sleepovers or sleep in it at night. They were right in the garage and one of us slept in the living room to still supervise but they had great fun.
HM6.... Sending healing vibes to your DD also. I agree with jo as long as you are 100% on plan we can't do much about the bounce of ounces that occur daily'
Jo.... Yep those government programs are helpful but they will have out of pocket expenses or loans to pay off. DD looked at the cost of flood insurance since she has a finished basement almost 5k a year. Madre here has told her if the basement floods pull up the carpet put down flooring and let it be a kids play area!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself
  #1918   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-17, 04:12

BF:

JO we have that tax free school day shop thing also and I never know when it is but I wouldn't go to a store either on that day LOL....heck lately I have barely shopped stores at all other than grocery!

Bernie....very cool you let the kids sleep in the garage in the camper! I love that! The kids get a big kick out of having their own place.

This sleepover was so quiet other than the dog barking thru the night as the kid's came into the bathroom all hours of the night!! Kiddo wanted to use the RV bathroom but I told her we don't leave til Aug 10 for next trip and I didn't want 'all that' in the tank just sitting til we could dump LOL

I had this place lit up. Being 12/13 I trusted them out there beside the garage and had outside rv lights on and front porch, doors open so they could get in front and back, lights in house and bathroom light on so they didn't kill themselves. I checked them a sec ago, all snoozing good. Seems the night went well!

HI ALL
nothing major other than usual check on MIL
pool is cloudy, had water tested, needed tons of chlorine but I put in TONS of the expensive good chlorine and nothing. It clears a 'bit' then goes cloudy again?? I hate pool drama!! Will take water sample to pool place again today and see what is happening! This is getting super annoying now!

off to get day moving a bit but not moving too darn fast LOL
great day all
  #1919   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-17, 05:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific Thursday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

"I have an illness, a lifelong illness. I can't cure it, but I can CONTROL it!"
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 261

Berni:
Quote:
Jo.... Yep those government programs are helpful but they will have out of pocket expenses or loans to pay off. DD looked at the cost of flood insurance since she has a finished basement almost 5k a year. Madre here has told her if the basement floods pull up the carpet put down flooring and let it be a kids play area!
Holy Hannah, 5k a year for flood insurance... WOWZER! No wonder she doesn't have it...

Sorry to hear that your DD will have to pay out of pocket for any damage...

Sounds like a good plan to turn the basement into a playroom if there is flooding!

Quote:
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself
Thanks and you too, dear Berni!

Karen:
Quote:
JO we have that tax free school day shop thing also and I never know when it is but I wouldn't go to a store either on that day LOL....heck lately I have barely shopped stores at all other than grocery!
I hear ya on only hitting the grocery store...you know me, I HATE to shop...
Quote:
This sleepover was so quiet other than the dog barking thru the night as the kid's came into the bathroom all hours of the night!! Kiddo wanted to use the RV bathroom but I told her we don't leave til Aug 10 for next trip and I didn't want 'all that' in the tank just sitting til we could dump LOL
Sorry the girls were in and out of the house for bathroom breaks...but that makes perfect sense to use the one in the house!

That's great that you've already set a new date for your next RV adventure...

Where are you headed to this time and how long will you all be gone?
Quote:
I had this place lit up. Being 12/13 I trusted them out there beside the garage and had outside rv lights on and front porch, doors open so they could get in front and back, lights in house and bathroom light on so they didn't kill themselves. I checked them a sec ago, all snoozing good. Seems the night went well!
They'll probably sleep til noon...
Quote:
nothing major other than usual check on MIL
So nothing new on your MIL? Is she still in the hospital?
Quote:
pool is cloudy, had water tested, needed tons of chlorine but I put in TONS of the expensive good chlorine and nothing. It clears a 'bit' then goes cloudy again?? I hate pool drama!! Will take water sample to pool place again today and see what is happening! This is getting super annoying now!
Sorry to hear about your pool drama and that it literally "clears up" soon so you can enjoy it!
  #1920   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-17, 06:31

BF:

JO on MIL she is in the hospital still. I think about 2-3 more days, I mean, hell by then they must have her pain controlled and she should be 'on the mend' cause that would put the surgery done, eh, 8 days ago? but then again sometimes healing takes a long time on certain things?

I don't know at this point truly. It is strange. She just went into super pain mode and is kinda losing it a bit...she says she is dying and it upsets hubby and it is all freaky here on this stuff right now.

ugh

Being in any big pain is a bitch ya know, I hope they get her thru this ok at this point. heck little pain sucks, big pain is way worse but so far she is holding her own but is miserable at this point.

just wait and see I guess?

yea flood insurance is a doozey. We are hemming and hawing about buying a beach house but I need hurricane insurance and flood insurance. I think it came to around $600 plus per month to have both....can you imagine....that much per month JUST to pay for insurance and that includes like no other friggin' payments in life how ya live and spend......so believe me we are not in a fast mode to really buy at the beach but a gal can dream. I can afford the home, I can't afford the costs to ins. cover the damn thing!!!! insanity!
Closed Thread