Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1996   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 06:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Well Bernie time is flying and your retirement is coming right at ya sooner than later now I know you will jump into it well and enjoy the hell out of it lol

Same here with Aldi. We got those too. Thing is you can't depend on them. I hit such a great low price on ribs. Bought slab after slab which are now all ate up and when I went back there were none. It is like they get a deal on meats and promote. I need to hit that store more and keep an eye out on deals I wish it were closer to me, not long drive but a way I don't usually go and that irks me lol

HI GUYS
nothing much
sun or clouds or storms, waiting to see if it clears or not.
just taking this day as it comes

taking kiddo to get her eyebrows done today
I offered her a 'teen facial' and she declined, eyebrows only....ok cheaper for me lol

Told her to consider contacts but oh no, she read your eyes get fungus and fall out if you do contacts...you know read every horror story on the planet about bad contacts....omg! Told her a gazillion people wear them and they do well and what she read, yea happens to some, but not the majority by any means....but you know kids, she takes it as YUK and scary so I think she is gonna hold with glasses for now LOL

Not sure on food
have to defrost a few things but I got 1 NY strip steak in there for brunch time. dinner no clue, will see.

everyone have a fab day
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 07:43
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 19 August 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual! :agree

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Week 1 of school DONE! 36 weeks to GO!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“Eat to Live not Live to Eat!”
~ Benjamin Franklin

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, yea the kiddies are bigger than ever. Not just here either, it is SO global now that obesity is truly an epidemic worldwide. Sad truly
Sad indeed!
Quote:
I am the same on low maintenance now. Old days was high heels and panty hose, corporate suits and skirts and all the work involved with that and when I gave it up for farming I never went back at all! And will never go back ever
I've never been a "girlie-girl" nor was I ever a tom-boy... as for heels, Imma as flat footed as they come, so I've never worn them!

At school, since Imma on my feet 99% of the time, I wear converse©!

I just purchased my 12th pair before school started and I have them in every color under the rainbow (several have a floral pattern) and always in the market for more! I can walk in them for miles without any discomfort!

And all the kiddos my converse!

I coordinate 'em with colored blouses and black dress slacks. Since it's so cold in our building even during the peak of HEAT, I also have a shrug or sweater on as well!
Quote:
DE---you slow down some my friend
Nothing is worth doing if it taxes ya into being too tired, life is too darn short to make it all about getting stuff done ya know LOL I changed and put me first at all times now. Can't go back to my 'get'it'all' done now ways....getting too darn old to care about crap anymore
YEAH, De, what Karen said here!
Quote:
got some nice whole chickens at .89/lb. Grabbed a bunch for freezer, cooler weather and I love just throwing a whole chicken in the oven and done
Got some NY strips which aren't my fav but they will do....price for meats are rough out there so gotta go where the sales go!
Agreed! I know the price of beef is getting ridiculous! Imma glad that I don't eat it but I feel bad for those of you that do!
Quote:
taking kiddo to get her eyebrows done today
I offered her a 'teen facial' and she declined, eyebrows only....ok cheaper for me lol

Told her to consider contacts but oh no, she read your eyes get fungus and fall out if you do contacts...you know read every horror story on the planet about bad contacts....omg! Told her a gazillion people wear them and they do well and what she read, yea happens to some, but not the majority by any means....but you know kids, she takes it as YUK and scary so I think she is gonna hold with glasses for now LOL
Awww what a nice mama you are to offer to get your DD a facial... Imma surprised that she declined.
But you're right, she saved you some $$$.

That's interesting that she doesn't want contacts and her reasoning behind it! But aren't contacts more expensive then glasses? Imma clueless about 'em!

Hey how's your MIL doing these days? Hope she's recovering well! Is she still in the rehab place?

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
...As it is they are not filling any positions so we keep getting more work they are talking on transitioning it off shore so it only a matter of time!
If they go "off shore" does that mean they may offer you a retirement package??
Quote:
Everything else still cheaper at Wally or Aldi.
for Wally World... I've never been to an Aldi; never even heard of that...
Quote:
Jo...so glad you have a great bunch of kiddos! 114 in all your classes that is outstanding!
I had 118 as of yesterday morning by yesterday afternoon, I was up to 126!

The kiddos have a couple more days to switch their elective classes and then that's it, Thank goodness!

My numbers will fluctuate a bit thru out the school year, as military families get orders to move to other bases and we get new military families in...it's always like that!

Military families come and go all the time!
Quote:
They said I will get my Escape back on Monday! Yeah me! It hasn't been bad I have been driving a Kia Sedona a little big for me but definitely luxurious with grandkiddies!
That's great that you'll get your car back! I hope they fixed it back "like new"!
  #1998   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 05:32
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 20 August 2017

Wow, very very quiet in here... so I'll get the ball rollin'

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

“Nothing Tastes as Good as Being at my Personal Weight Goal Feels!”
~ JJ

#1999   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 06:58

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo... thanks for getting the ball rolling! Yepper if they move our job over seas we would get severance and a enhanced retirement package! I ready for that so I just keep doing my job! Jo, I am the same with beef can't afford it so I just keep on walking! Wally increased the prices on my chik breast to 2.49. I have a month stock but then will either cut portions or going elsewhere! Eggs are dirt cheap at Wally 44 cents so I am livin my omelette in romaine leaves. Or I make a southwest scramble with hot sauce, cayenne and black pepper 🌶 put that in the romaine leaves it taste great !
Karen... What an awesome mom giving daughter a wax and contacts. My DD wore glasses at 5 I also have her the options of contacts at 12. She took them and never looked back. I was on her in the beginning about taking them out cleaning and weekly soaking. But faced with going back to glasses she got up to speed quickly. Karen that is the think about aldi when they have dales they go fast and you have to be there when doors open or you can miss out because they have a small selection!
Jo, aldi is a no brand name grocer owned by the trader jo brothers. Their leafy greens are good and cheap, tuna always at a good price. Their chik breast when they have them are cheaper then Wally but they go fast. I hate shopping so if it is only one thing I am saving on forget I will go to Wally!
Thinks to do and chillin today!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #2000   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 08:47

BF:

Ahhh Bernie it is good you got her changed to contacts vs glasses cause she is so tough on glasses and costs me just as much to keep her in them after she breaks them, then the cost of contacts and that ease lol

Ohhh ya got me wondering about my Wally. I bought chicken there the other day at 1.99/lb and I am hoping over the next time soon it is NOT 2.49...would piss me off HAHA

yea Aldi is good for produce for sure. cheap no doubt about that. I used to buy tons of mushrooms there....like .99 for a carton vs. like 2.29 in the store.

HI ALL
quickie
got things to do
bleck
but swim time is in for the day cause super hot as hell here and it is what I love....wanna soak up alot of sun today. my dark tan is blah and I am gonna jack it up over these next near 100 days!! yes I worship the sun and screw it lol

ok off to get moving
great day all
  #2001   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-17, 04:21
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Monday, 21 August 2017

Happy Solar Eclipse Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Looks like most of us will be able to experience the Solar Eclipse today, weather permitting. Predictions here are that we will have clouds! Boo, hssss, boo!

Yesterday we were blessed with rain most of the day! Not torrential, but a nice steady much needed soaking! And it didn't even hit 80 degrees! They are predicting mid to low 80s the rest of the week!

Open House tonight at school which means I won't get home until around 7:30 pm. I won't pack my dinner, I'll just wait until I get home to eat. Might not even eat if Imma too tired...

Today Imma celebrating 3 years, 6 months and counting on maintenance! Holy Hannah, I would have never thought that was possible esp with all my years wasted playing at A '72 with all the yo-yo dieting!

I said this to Tx Chris in my journal this morning:
Quote:
About staying OP, it's not an option since I REFUSE to REGAIN!

To be perfectly honest with you, to eat otherwise seems rather foreign to me since I've been doing it for this long!
On another note: I guess we've lost hm6! I HATE when that happens...

“The difference between an Adventure and an Ordeal is Attitude!”
~ unknown

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... thanks for getting the ball rolling!
Always my pleasure!
Quote:
Yepper if they move our job over seas we would get severance and a enhanced retirement package! I ready for that so I just keep doing my job!
Then we'll all pray that they move overseas and then you'll retire sooner rather than later with a very NICE severance package!
Quote:
Jo, I am the same with beef can't afford it so I just keep on walking! Wally increased the prices on my chik breast to 2.49. I have a month stock but then will either cut portions or going elsewhere! Eggs are dirt cheap at Wally 44 cents so I am livin my omelette in romaine leaves. Or I make a southwest scramble with hot sauce, cayenne and black pepper 🌶 put that in the romaine leaves it taste great !
Wally World hasn't raised the price of the chicken breast here YET... I'll let you know if and when that happens. But seriously, $2.49/lb is still way cheaper than any other protein out there or even other brands of CB unless it's on sale!
Quote:
Jo, aldi is a no brand name grocer owned by the trader jo brothers. Their leafy greens are good and cheap, tuna always at a good price. Their chik breast when they have them are cheaper then Wally but they go fast. I hate shopping so if it is only one thing I am saving on forget I will go to Wally!
Thanks for explaining the Aldi! Sometimes I feel like I live in a foreign country since we don't have the shopping opportunities lots a larger cities have! It's all good though, since I HATE to shop!

Speaking of salads, I've been adding about an ounce of jalapenos to my leafy green salads! Boy does that RAMP UP the flavor and adds NO carb-age!
Quote:
Thinks to do and chillin today!
Hope you got a chance to chil-lax yesterday!

Karen:
Quote:
Ohhh ya got me wondering about my Wally. I bought chicken there the other day at 1.99/lb and I am hoping over the next time soon it is NOT 2.49...would piss me off HAHA
Like I told Berni, that's still the cheapest protein around, at least IMHO.
Quote:
but swim time is in for the day cause super hot as hell here and it is what I love....wanna soak up alot of sun today. my dark tan is blah and I am gonna jack it up over these next near 100 days!! yes I worship the sun and screw it lol
Imma glad to hear that you'll be able to enjoy your pool! Sorry to hear it's so freakin' HOT there...plus that humidity! UGH for sure!

De: Hiya, girlie! Hope you and yours are doing well! Don't work too hard sortin' and tossin' things out!
  #2002   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-17, 04:35

BF:

JO holy cow on it being 3.5 years! Time flies doesn't it So happy you found what works for you and held fast! That is what we all must do, everyone one of us, when we hit the correct combination to make it all work we have to hold like a warrior and you sure are a warrior!!

Glad you got that soaking rain you guys need. We have been getting tons of rain, very surprising and not normal for our summers. Literally can't keep up with the mowing, everything is so green and growing so fast.

I wondered if we lost HM? but she seemed like a busy person so maybe she will pop in again. hope so.

JO have ya ever gotten any info on Larry? just wondering!

HI ALL
nothing big again today
kid might have friend sleep over tonight and if so this is last time cause next Monday she starts school. Time to get everything under control and change from summer time to school time

doing well
just cruising along
hope we can see some eclipse? will be checking for it.

have a great day all
  #2003   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-17, 09:51

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors

I am hanging in there. Keepining very busy at the home front. Today I have a sick grandkid to take care of. Thinking this will be a long day.

Happy eclipse day to all who get to see it. It is cloudy and rainy here today, no sun, so we won't be seeing any eclipse at all. I will see it on the news.

There is really nothing new to report.

Congrats Jo on your 3 1/2 plus years maintaining. How awesome is that! WTG.

I have been very busy organizing my massive amount of photos. I do feel like I've gotten something accomplished. It's hard having a hobby if you don't keep it organized. I went through a lot of books too and gave 4 bags of them to my brother, unfortunately he brought me two bags full, I also gave my brother lots of other stuff I didn't want any more, but could not donate or throw away (family stuff) ...so I will let him deal with it. He filled up his mini van.

Have a great OP day all
  #2004   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 05:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

We got a chance to view the Eclipse! One of the teachers acquired solar eclipse glasses for everyone at our school! What a spectacular event!

Survived the Open House none the worse for wear! It's always good fun to meet the 'rents etc!

Gosh, I was dead on my feet when I got home around 8 pm. Makes for a long-azz day when I get up at 2 am. I didn't get to bed until 9:30 after I ate a little bit of dinner and was up at 3:30 this morning. Will probably go to bed early tonight!

“This WOE is not a diet, it’s my salvation, my key to being mentally & physically healthy, happier, thinner & more self-confident!”

~ JJ 2.23.14

Karen:
Quote:
JO holy cow on it being 3.5 years! Time flies doesn't it So happy you found what works for you and held fast! That is what we all must do, everyone one of us, when we hit the correct combination to make it all work we have to hold like a warrior and you sure are a warrior!!
Yeppers, I really have FOUND what works for me! I would say the biggest, most important key of all is: NO CHEATS ever!
Quote:
Glad you got that soaking rain you guys need. We have been getting tons of rain, very surprising and not normal for our summers. Literally can't keep up with the mowing, everything is so green and growing so fast.
I wonder what our winter will look like in comparison??? B/c that's fast approaching as well!
Quote:
I wondered if we lost HM? but she seemed like a busy person so maybe she will pop in again. hope so.
Yeah, I hope it's a "busy" life keeping her away and not that she's fallen back into those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods!
Quote:
JO have ya ever gotten any info on Larry? just wondering!
I haven't checked lately! I just wish he'd pop back in and say howdy! KWIM???
Quote:
kid might have friend sleep over tonight and if so this is last time cause next Monday she starts school. Time to get everything under control and change from summer time to school time
Yep back on the school schedule for your household for sure! Then the following week, we have Labor Day off!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I am hanging in there. Keepining very busy at the home front. Today I have a sick grandkid to take care of. Thinking this will be a long day.
Sorry to hear that one of the grands is sick! Hope he/she recovers quickly and doesn't spread it to the rest of the fam!
Quote:
There is really nothing new to report.
Imma just very happy that you popped in b/c I worry!
Quote:
Congrats Jo on your 3 1/2 plus years maintaining. How awesome is that! WTG.
Thanks, my friend and you guys have been here to witness all of it with your continued support and encouragement!

You have no idea what that means to me since all of you KNOW how hard this can be and what it takes to be successful!

THANK YOU!
Quote:
I have been very busy organizing my massive amount of photos. I do feel like I've gotten something accomplished. It's hard having a hobby if you don't keep it organized. I went through a lot of books too and gave 4 bags of them to my brother, unfortunately he brought me two bags full, I also gave my brother lots of other stuff I didn't want any more, but could not donate or throw away (family stuff) ...so I will let him deal with it. He filled up his mini van.
Wow, you have been busy! But it seems to all be very productive, WTG!

Quote:
Have a great OP day all
Yeppers!
  #2005   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 06:03

BF:

Jo no cheats and staying on plan is the savior in this whole scheme of things! Like any addiction we can not ever control, there is abstaining and that seems to be the only thing that works for me took me a very long time to figure that out

With the cooler weather coming and if we keep getting the rain I will be mowing into Nov/Dec and maybe January....yea no joke on that. it is crazy lol One good thing is the pasture holds great grass, I don't have to buy alot of hay at all for the goats cause they still have tons to eat so that is always a plus.

DE, I so hear ya on giving away things and then other's wanting to give ya there HAHA Every time I go to mom's she is like take this and that and I say, I DON'T need it or want it She is like, yea, we all have our stuff and want it more gone than collected now.

Bernie hope you are doing great!!!

HI ALL
nothing new
just cruising along
got super tempted on the 'ice cream' trip. Hubby and kiddo and I went out and did some fast shopping cause everyone needed something, kiddo wanted school things we got, hubby needed CVS for some med stuff he wanted and I always go to keep them in line for not spending too much LOL THEN hubby says how about ice cream? Since the damn ice cream place was next to that store!! Of course kiddo said yea! I SHOULD HAVE just gone to the car but we left the other store and walked into the next ice cream store....but I was one flash from 'just going to the car' and waiting for them. Got in there and WANTED IT ALL. omg! ya know. Of course I fought thru it, said no, by the time we got home and they were done slurping up their ice cream in the car I was fine. Walked into the house ok at that point
I tell ya though I had to fight with myself on that one. Just a battle but I am NOW used to these stupid battles and get thru them alot easier. So all came out ok and my brain is back to warrior normal now

everyone have a fab day--we got sun, doing some swimming sometime, pool is so so warm but it is still worth getting in it.
  #2006   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 06:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello all. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I only see a "post reply" option, no "new thread" option. I have been on 72 induction since 06/26/2017 and plan on staying there for the foreseeable future. I must admit that while I have not cheated once, I do allow myself to have cream cheese from time to time. Being the "hard core" club I figured I ought to confess that now, since it is forbidden on induction. I have never really understood that given its high fat and low carb levels but I digress. I eat it a couple times a week. Otherwise, no off plan foods for me since day one. I wish I was losing a little faster but in reality, I'm probably losing at a decent, healthy pace. The biggest issue I'm having right now is that until last week, I had so much energy I couldn't sit still. And now, I'm started to feel exhausted for no reason again, like I did before this woe. I realize part of it is depression. My anxiety is worse this week too than it has been since I started atkins. I noticed a marked (while not total) reduction in the symptoms of both of these. But this past week, maybe week and a half, not so much. And where is my energy??
  #2007   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 07:05

BF:

Hi P85!

Welcome to Hard Core!

Sounds like you are doing well.
Dr A doesn't like 'soft cheeses' like cream cheese cause it is processed in the body 'different' than an hard aged cheese that is cured in a way and changed over time. So the soft cheeses are ruled out mostly but some keep them in a little and seem to do ok on them, but if you are A72 type we tend to really go by Dr As info on the induction list.

Bernie can tell ya about dairy cause she has troubles with it.
I do fine on my hard cheese I eat, but I don't eat alot in a day either.

Energy.....you started basically July and it is end of August. Your internal body is changing big time if you are being 100% on plan and toxins are leaving your body and you are adapting over into ketone adaption etc.

You need to eat more. Preferably more meats/seafoods.
EAT ALL the food you need to keep up the energy.

I went thru weird energy loss alot but then it flips into high energy So yea I get you on that and just take a nap if needed if ya can, eat more meats/seafoods and sometimes ya just have to get thru this adaption time.

you will be ok
  #2008   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 10:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Crazy busy days grandkiddies had meet and greet yesterday and then today is first full day of school! Very exciting!
Jo.... Awesome job on three and a half years in maintenance what an outstanding accomplishment!
De.... So glad you stopped by you are getting so much accomplished that is awesome! Sorry to here your grandson is sick!
Karen.... your days and meals always sound delish ! You have this wol down and are livin it and enjoying every minute of your days! What a great inspiration for all of us warriors!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #2009   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-17, 12:04

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All...

Today and tomorrow I am taking care of my sick DGD since she can't go to daycare. If she's worse tomorrow I will be taking her to see the doctor. I hope the rest of us don't get sick. Ugh!

It really changes up my day ...I am at their house today, at least I am getting plenty of exercise going up and down stairs. Yesterday was a real long day, no time for myself.

Welcome Penelope...you have chosen a great thread to join. Sounds like you are doing great so far, keep it up!

School starting has changed up a lot for this group. Grandson was anxious about starting 1st grade, but this is his second week and he's doing good.

I brought a a bacon burger with cheese for my lunch, breakfast was 2 cups of coffee and dinner is a salad with chicken piled on.

Everyone have a great OP day and Warrior on friends....
  #2010   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 03:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

I can hardly believe it's already Wednesday! Days are flying by crazy fast!

Stay Committed 100%
Eat Properly & Exercise Daily
Accept the things We cannot Control & Change the things We can.
Live our lives to be Successful at following this incredible life & soul changing LC WOE every day without Excuses & No CHEATS ever!

~ My Mantra

Karen:
Quote:
Jo no cheats and staying on plan is the savior in this whole scheme of things! Like any addiction we can not ever control, there is abstaining and that seems to be the only thing that works for me took me a very long time to figure that out
Yeppers, abstaining and NOT cheating seems to be what has worked for ALL of us successful HC A '72 Warriors!
Quote:
With the cooler weather coming and if we keep getting the rain I will be mowing into Nov/Dec and maybe January....yea no joke on that. it is crazy lol One good thing is the pasture holds great grass, I don't have to buy alot of hay at all for the goats cause they still have tons to eat so that is always a plus.
Oh man, you poor thing with all the mowing! That's great that you're saving some $$ since you don't have to buy hay! How many goats do you have?
Quote:
got super tempted on the 'ice cream' trip. Hubby and kiddo and I went out and did some fast shopping cause everyone needed something, kiddo wanted school things we got, hubby needed CVS for some med stuff he wanted and I always go to keep them in line for not spending too much LOL THEN hubby says how about ice cream? Since the damn ice cream place was next to that store!! Of course kiddo said yea! I SHOULD HAVE just gone to the car but we left the other store and walked into the next ice cream store....but I was one flash from 'just going to the car' and waiting for them. Got in there and WANTED IT ALL. omg! ya know. Of course I fought thru it, said no, by the time we got home and they were done slurping up their ice cream in the car I was fine. Walked into the house ok at that point
I tell ya though I had to fight with myself on that one. Just a battle but I am NOW used to these stupid battles and get thru them alot easier. So all came out ok and my brain is back to warrior normal now
WTG with fighting "Fat Karen" about the ice cream! Woot! Woot!

It really is a MIND GAME and it would have been a nano-second of pleasure at MOST!

You stayed WARRIOR STRONG and that's the most important thing!!!

penelope:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope85
Hello all.
Hello and Welcome!
Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I only see a "post reply" option, no "new thread" option.
If you wanted to post on our thread, then "post reply" is the option. New thread option creates another "topic"...
Quote:
I have been on 72 induction since 06/26/2017 and plan on staying there for the foreseeable future. I must admit that while I have not cheated once, I do allow myself to have cream cheese from time to time. Being the "hard core" club I figured I ought to confess that now, since it is forbidden on induction. I have never really understood that given its high fat and low carb levels but I digress. I eat it a couple times a week. Otherwise, no off plan foods for me since day one.
WOW! HUGE CONGRATS on staying 100% OP every.single.day since you started! That's quite an accomplishment for sure and NOT easy to do at all!

As for the cream cheese thing, I've never really questioned WHY Dr. A said no to cream cheese in Induction A '72.... we just follow exactly what he says we can and can not eat on the Acceptable Foods List for A '72. And I know that's why we have been über successful.

It probably metabolizes like a carb b/c IMHO all carbs are NOT created equally. I know for me, any type of cheese is a binge waiting to happen! So I don't eat cheese of any kind at all...

I'd say ditch the cream cheese since it's not Induction... but that's just me!
Quote:
I wish I was losing a little faster but in reality, I'm probably losing at a decent, healthy pace. The biggest issue I'm having right now is that until last week, I had so much energy I couldn't sit still. And now, I'm started to feel exhausted for no reason again, like I did before this woe. I realize part of it is depression. My anxiety is worse this week too than it has been since I started atkins. I noticed a marked (while not total) reduction in the symptoms of both of these. But this past week, maybe week and a half, not so much. And where is my energy??
I've never experienced having "little or no" energy doing A '72. So I am of no help.

Berni:
Quote:
Crazy busy days grandkiddies had meet and greet yesterday and then today is first full day of school! Very exciting!
Sounds like you and De have a very busy schedule taking care of the grands and all that entails!

I hope the grands are excited about school starting!
Quote:
Jo.... Awesome job on three and a half years in maintenance what an outstanding accomplishment!
Thanks!

You, De and I have accomplished what a lot of peeps only dream of! We're not Warrior Members of TEAM 5% for nothing! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, dear friend!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Today and tomorrow I am taking care of my sick DGD since she can't go to daycare. If she's worse tomorrow I will be taking her to see the doctor. I hope the rest of us don't get sick. Ugh!
I hope she gets better real soon! Poor lil' thing!
Quote:
It really changes up my day ...I am at their house today, at least I am getting plenty of exercise going up and down stairs. Yesterday was a real long day, no time for myself.
Oh yeah, I forgot that when you babysit the grands you are at their house and not your own. I guess it really does upset your routine!

Hope you find time to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!
Quote:
School starting has changed up a lot for this group. Grandson was anxious about starting 1st grade, but this is his second week and he's doing good.
1st grade, WOW! They grow up so fast!
Quote:
I brought a a bacon burger with cheese for my lunch, breakfast was 2 cups of coffee and dinner is a salad with chicken piled on.
Yum for sure! I can't tell you the last time I ate beef, it's been that long...
Quote:
Everyone have a great OP day and Warrior on friends....
Thanks and you too dear friend!
Closed Thread