Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 06:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #9

We call ourselves "Hard Core" because we are a group of like-minded people with the same philosophy about losing weight.
We are following A '72 Induction until we reach our GOAL WEIGHT without CHEATING!
Some of us will remain at Induction level carbs even in maintenance because we are that carb sensitive!

HARD CORE A '72 Warrior "MAINTAINERS"

(made desire Goal weight or below):

Bernie2014 125 lbs (07 December 2015) Started A '72: 4 March 2014
DelaneyLC 143 lbs (03 January 2016) Started A '72: 26 May 2014
Just Jo 114 lbs (16 Nov 2014 ~ Initial weight goal: 130 lbs on 10 March 2014) Started A '72: 5 July 2013

I hope that everyone has a stellar rest of 2016 with all of the Warriors making their desired goal weights so that we can all work on our MIM (Masters in Maintenance) together!!

We will be Warrior members of TEAM 5%!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Jun-18-17 at 06:02. Reason: Updating Team 5% members & A '72 Start Dates
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 06:30
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Important Atkins 1972 Information

Almost Everything You need to know about A' 72 if you don't own the book!

Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution 1972

Induction Rules, Foods List, DR No No's & Other Notes

Biologically Zero Carbs
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 102
Quote:
"...Where you start the diet, of course, is with a daily intake of zero grams of carbohydrate. Although we allow salad on the diet from the start, and lettuce has carbohydrate in it, the amount it contains is so minute as to be biologically the equivalent of zero."
A Tablespoonful Of Potato Salad Can Slow You Down!
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 154

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...921&postcount=3

Dr. Atkins on "Weight Problem? = Stay On Plan For Life"

Diet Revolution 1972 pg 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
A good quote from Dr. Atkins:

“...as long as you look upon being off your (low-carbohydrate) diet as part of your future plans, you will never solve your weight problem. This can only happen when you accept the reality that if you have a weight problem, you must stay on a diet for life.”

"We must always keep this tidbit in mind. To remain thin - we must stick with our chosen WOE beyond our goals for LIFE to Infinity & Beyond!" [by Just Jo]

Posted by Paulette on 30 July 2015
Dr. Atkins on "Calories"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 157

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...922&postcount=4

Dr. Atkins on "Alcohol"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 147

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...924&postcount=5

Sugar Alcohols (Researched by Just Jo)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...925&postcount=6

Dr. Atkins on "MAINTENANCE ~ Staying at Your Best"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 261
Quote:
THE MAIN CHANGE THAT HAS TO BE MADE IS IN YOUR HEAD.

Success in maintaining your trim figure and your zest for living is guaranteed if you can achieve this radical change in your thinking.

If you have a chronic weight problem it is essential to totally accept, fully understand that your fat is one symptom of a lifetime disease. Your metabolizing processes are and always will be abnormal. Yes, even if you get slim and stay slim!

Many medical studies have shown that the biochemical responses of a formerly overweight person, such as the excessive insulin release when carbohydrates are eaten, are still quite different from a never-over weight person. In other words, you cannot eat what normal people eat and expect to stay thin.

So say to yourself over and over until you've got it through your rebellious head:

"My tendency to be overweight is one sign of a chronic metabolic disorder. My physiology doesn't handle certain kinds of foods as slim physiologies do. I mustn't try to compare my eating habits to those of a person who has never had a weight problem. Not now. Not ever."

"I have an illness, a lifelong illness. I can't cure it, but I can CONTROL it!"

Basic to controlling it is to understand that it is a permanent condition...about which you can do a great deal. Controlling it isn't all that difficult.
Dr. Atkins on "Amount of Carbs for Maintenance"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 263
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
Dr. Atkins on "Maintenance"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
From the book:

Q. Once I get the weight off and am a normal person again, why can't I maintain this normal weight by merely eating normally?

A. Because you only look normal; inside your body is the same metabolic abnormality that made you overweight in the first place. This, by the way, is one of the key points of the whole book.

Posted by Paulette on 31 July 2015
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 06:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Threads from 17 November 2014 - 29 June 2016

Past Hard Core Atkins ‘ 72 Induction Threads!

(The first Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group thread is no longer available!)

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group part deux (17 Nov 2014 to 22 Feb 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...84&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #3 (22 Feb 2015 to 29 March 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...22&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #4 (29 March 2015 to 23 May 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...78&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #5 (23 May 2015 to 21 July 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...07&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #6 (21 July 2015 to 12 Sept 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...95&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #7 (12 Sept 2015 to 27 December 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=9046773

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #8 (27 December 2015 to 29 June 2016)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=9076431

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #9 (29 June 2016 to ??? )
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...861#post9136861
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 08:17

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

good morning!!!!!

It's a super duper hot day. Pool time this morning if the kiddos don't get themselves in trouble first yesterday they didn't listen so we not able to have pool time.

Not much happening with me ...same WOE, different day.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone..

Woot-woot on starting #9 !!!!

🚄🎳🚦🚒
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 08:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Came back to a new thread

Good news! I weighed in this morning and I am UP only 1/2 lb. from when I left. NOW that to me is a super successful trip....10 days away in a land of carbage and drinks and I HELD MY GROUND WELL and only up 1/2 which will be gone tomorrow I am sure~

first time I left on trip and came back literally ON the weight I left....well 1/2 lb. up but to me that is nothing

Trip was wonderful. my ribeyes on the grill at the rv were stellar.

Thing was I had to combat the 'eating out'. hubby was in a massive 'everything eating out' and ALL he could get for different tastes. BBQ place one day.....all you can eat crab/seafood joint another, then a friggin' pizza joint....then kiddo dragged us out to chinese for lunch and SO ON and so on

and the one thing that made this trip horrible....and I am serious here....THE WANT OF FOOD. It drove me insane. Almost to the point of screaming NO MORE. It is disgusting. It is addictive insane focus on food while on vacay. IT SHOULD NOT be that way. I see it.....they don't

I tell ya thank goodness I brought MY food. tuna before eating out. a big old ribeye before being dragged out to chinese and SO on......as long as I ate before the 'mass carbage attacks' I was OK.

I just don't 'do food' like others any more and thing is I DO NOT want to do it like the old days

SO HI to everyone. I saw Bernie had her appt and got stellar thyroid results from the Dr. GO BERNIE. SEE....food is our friend if we do it right. FOOD is the enemy to SO MANY of our aches/pains/'conditions'/diseases and more it is pure insanity anymore. So happy for ya Bernie!!!!

off to get a ton done.

pool handled.
goats checked.
off to store for 'milk' and other crap to feed them done.
4 loads of laundry done already--check
all flower planters watered well...done
working on my home soap biz to fill orders...omg crazy amt of orders but that is a good thing LOL

So far so good. Great vacay, no damage, NEW perspective on HOW we eat and how to avoid MY pitfalls and all is in good shape!

everyone have a fab day...off to get more done here....catch up from vacay is never fun but ya gotta do it.

OH, new RV was perfect. we love it!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 08:38

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

WTG Karen

I am happy for you that you stayed OP on vacation, that can be so challenging, especially with the family wanting to eat out so much. You did yourself proud!

Your RV sounds great, hopefully we can get one after we move and retire. No place to keep one right now.

#7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 09:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
good morning!!!!!
Good Hump Day Morning, De!
Quote:
It's a super duper hot day. Pool time this morning if the kiddos don't get themselves in trouble first yesterday they didn't listen so we not able to have pool time.
Bummer, I hope the lil' rugrats behave today to have pool time!
Quote:
Not much happening with me ...same WOE, different day.
Ditto for me as well! BTW, I that: Same WOE, Different Day! As it should be! You ROCK!
Quote:
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone..
Thanks you too, girlie!
Quote:
Woot-woot on starting #9 !!!!
Yeppers on the Woot-woot!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 09:34
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly

Came back to a new thread
Good to have you back!
Quote:
Good news! I weighed in this morning and I am UP only 1/2 lb. from when I left. NOW that to me is a super successful trip....10 days away in a land of carbage and drinks and I HELD MY GROUND WELL and only up 1/2 which will be gone tomorrow I am sure~

first time I left on trip and came back literally ON the weight I left....well 1/2 lb. up but to me that is nothing
Half a pound is nothing, girlie! I betcha lose it by tomorrow, eh?
Quote:
Thing was I had to combat the 'eating out'. hubby was in a massive 'everything eating out' and ALL he could get for different tastes. BBQ place one day.....all you can eat crab/seafood joint another, then a friggin' pizza joint....then kiddo dragged us out to chinese for lunch and SO ON and so on

and the one thing that made this trip horrible....and I am serious here....THE WANT OF FOOD. It drove me insane. Almost to the point of screaming NO MORE. It is disgusting. It is addictive insane focus on food while on vacay. IT SHOULD NOT be that way. I see it.....they don't
Well you done good b/c you didn't partake! Yes, I know it must have been horribly difficult! But you stayed WARRIOR STRONG!

That's worth CELEBRATING for sure! Imma cheering you on:
Quote:
I tell ya thank goodness I brought MY food. tuna before eating out. a big old ribeye before being dragged out to chinese and SO on......as long as I ate before the 'mass carbage attacks' I was OK.
Excellent strategy and I'm so glad it worked for you!

You know Karen, it doesn't get easier, at least that's been my experience! I just remind myself how far I've come and is it really WORTH face planting into a carb-age dish! And the answer is always a resounding Oh HELL NO!
Quote:
I just don't 'do food' like others any more and thing is I DO NOT want to do it like the old days
That's a great place to be!
Quote:
Great vacay, no damage, NEW perspective on HOW we eat and how to avoid MY pitfalls and all is in good shape!
So glad you had a great time AND THIS:

“At the end of her vaca, Karen DID NOT regret what she DID NOT eat since she REFUSE to serve herself up a plate of GUILT!”

Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Cool! I was gonna ask you how you all liked your new RV!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 11:11

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

[QUOTE=Whirrlly]
Quote:
...and the one thing that made this trip horrible....and I am serious here....THE WANT OF FOOD. It drove me insane. Almost to the point of screaming NO MORE.
That IS the hardest part!!! especially cause normally you wouldn't be aroud all that crap! Great job stayng true, Karen.

Quote:
Brilliant strategy.

Quote:
that is so cool! Sounds like a fabulous trip! YAY!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 11:28

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Warriors!

Today was supposed to be sunny and hot...but, it's pretty grey and almost cool!
Gona walk up to the store to get the things I forgot to get yesterday.

Not much to report; exercising every day- usually just a few push ups...sometimes a walk..

Eating is 100% on plan. Like to keep it simple: bacon for breakfast, salad and protien for lunch, beef or lamb with salt for dinner. Coffee. Water. When I can stay to this basic menu- I feel great and good things happen!

Can't remember if I posted this already, but I read on another site (a strict meat-eaters forum) that, meat provides all the nutrients we need, and veggies are the cleaners. They claim it is becasue of this that people who switch to vegetarianism usually feel GREAT ...at FIRST. Then, after the first couple of weeks, sense of well being goes down and overall health deteriorates on prolonged veggie diets. Kinda' like how dogs are complete carnivores, but they eat grass every couple weeks or so.

interesting stuff.

Happy Wednesday!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 13:25

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Welcome back Karen! You did an awesome job navigating through all the carbage! So proud of you what an accomplishment and a new understanding also on how carbage and food are tied to the good times😀😀.

Judi, sorry to hear about your hip but awesome job gettin out there and doing the walk.

Jams, the day with your DD yesterday sounds so awesome what a great time you are having enjoying your life and 100% on plan!
De, so good to hear from you I hope little ones were good so you all get pool time!
Jo, thank you for setting up our new thread and bringing all the precious information from Dr. Atkin. I luv to read it again every time we start a new thread. Just reinforces all I know and the amazing knowledge Dr. Atkin shared! Thanks to you Jo and all the warriors our thread is such a source of comfort and reinforcement when things are crazy😀👍
Have a spectacular day warriors and take care!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 15:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch

Not much to report; exercising every day- usually just a few push ups...sometimes a walk..
I think that's one of the most fabulous things about this incredible LC WOE, one really doesn't have to exercise to see results.

And what I've notice is that once people start losing weight and get the energy from being in ketosis, they just want to start moving... all good things!
Quote:
Eating is 100% on plan. Like to keep it simple: bacon for breakfast, salad and protien for lunch, beef or lamb with salt for dinner. Coffee. Water. When I can stay to this basic menu- I feel great and good things happen!
Spoken like a true HC A'72 Warrior! WTG, Jams!

I think most of us here have a simple menu. I know mine is b/c if I spend too much time thinking about food (even OP foods) it makes me "head" hungry. So the way I resolve that is to keep it extremely simple!
Quote:
Can't remember if I posted this already, but I read on another site (a strict meat-eaters forum) that, meat provides all the nutrients we need, and veggies are the cleaners. They claim it is becasue of this that people who switch to vegetarianism usually feel GREAT ...at FIRST. Then, after the first couple of weeks, sense of well being goes down and overall health deteriorates on prolonged veggie diets. Kinda' like how dogs are complete carnivores, but they eat grass every couple weeks or so.

interesting stuff.
I don't think you've posted that before! Thanks for sharing the info and like you said, interesting stuff!

Do you have the URL or can you cite the source b/c I'd love to read more about that!
Quote:
Happy Wednesday!
Thanks and you too!

Hey you didn't tell us what fun adventure you and your DD have planned for today!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 15:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors
Hiya, girlie!
Quote:
Jo, thank you for setting up our new thread and bringing all the precious information from Dr. Atkin. I luv to read it again every time we start a new thread. Just reinforces all I know and the amazing knowledge Dr. Atkin shared!
You're welcome and I agree about all the amazing knowledge Dr. A provided for us!
Quote:
Thanks to you Jo and all the warriors our thread is such a source of comfort and reinforcement when things are crazy😀👍
It's fantastic to have a place where we can share our experiences whilst doing A '72 Hard Core!

We all seem to be on the same page and understand the trials and tribulations of following one of the more restrictive LC WOE plans!

Our success is based on the fact that we STAY 100% OP today and let tomorrow take care of itself!
Quote:
Have a spectacular day warriors and take care!
Thanks and you too, dear Berni!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 04:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Karen, good for you! I hate it when we eat out. Do you just drink water when you go out? I will have to think about that... Dh is getting more used to my being lc now. Maybe he wouldn't freak out as much as I think he would. That would be hard for me, too...just to sit and watch him eat. I dunno...for now, he always makes sure that we go somewhere that I can order lc.

Surgery is this morning...kind of like a hysterectomy repair. I left a message for the food service, asking for lc meals. Am packing 5 oz nuts. If they don't come through with my request, I'll eat the nuts or just not eat! One huge benefit of fasting is that I've learned skipping a meal won't kill me, lol! It's an overnight stay. Thanks to whoever said they would pray for me, I do appreciate that!

Alarm just went off, time to shower and go. Glad to read your posts and get a shot of encouragement. Blessings, all!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 05:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

yea DE the RVs take up space You have to have enough to park it easily Retirement and college for kid hit at the same time, lol, but one thing I said to hubby is when we retire we can sell this house and all the land and BE DONE with it all. I can not wait til I quit homeownership

JO, love that new cheerleader pic!
you are so right, it never gets easier. the only thing we can do is hold our ground, stand firm, and get thru the stupid situation as best as we can!

I must have said a million times, what the heck, I can't fight city hall, just eat whatever the heck I want! But, ya know what, I CAN fight city hall and win

HI Bernie---so glad A72 is what is your calling and is working so well for you!! I agree, this thread and a strict A72 plan is the bomb!

Jama---eating simple is key for me. the more 'I tried' to make fancy lc substitute recipies, make fake sweetener desserts etc....the more I failed. SIMPLE is the best for many of us!!

Lauri, prayers with you today on your surgery. You will come thru fine with flying colors! smart to keep the lc strategy alive.

It is JO who does water or a diet pepsi when eating out with friends I do have something. At BBQ I had a few plain ribs to '''slowly''' munch while they were attacking all that food---at the chinese place I had some cold peel and eat shrimp, again while they inhaled it all...at pizza joint I had a small side salad with ranch while they pigged out. I can't do like JO, I find a 'small something' to have while eating out and the funny thing is---the family WANTS me to eat with them. So if I just sit there I freak THEM out...isn't that wild....so when I am out with them in that situation I do a small lc food and just eat slow and little. It makes it work for us LOL

HI ALL
just cruising along. have to mow the world today
still unpacking rv and other stuff, busy busy busy right now but at least I do work from home so I have tons of time to get it all done. Have a fun day all!!
Closed Thread