Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-18, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/130/110 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default question for women - time of the month water retention

hello

...i would like to call on the women in the community to ask, if you would be willing to share,

have any of you taken note of, how long ahead of your ...time of the month, does your weight start going up?

(and, have you noticed how much you gain usually?)

i definitely have additional water retention issues, which i am now beginning to see a doctor about, but for now,

i start retaining water again right after my time of the month is over, and i retain so many pounds ...it is so upsetting, but like i said i am now beginning to see doctors.......

okay everybody, THANKS FOR ALWAYS HELPING OUT WITH MY ISSUES, AND BEING SO INFORMATIVE AND NICE!

blu
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-18, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 124/122/113 Female 62 "
BF:
Progress: 18%

I think it is very common to retain water up to 10 days before TOM. i would not worry about that. Atkins diet is actually helpful with water loss. You may not be drinking enough water. Frequently that will lead to additional water retention. Make sure that you drink 8 glasses of water- that is 2 liters or half a gallon a day.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 13:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I did the same back when I had my tom . I only had what I considered my true weight for about two weeks of every month. Knowing its going to happen really helps mentally but other than that I didn,t anything that would change my bodies water pattern in any meaningful way.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 22:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/130/110 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

THANKS, joanna j (and WELCOME, joanna! ), and THANKS madeyna! -

your posts helped me, letting me know that water retention goes on for you TOO for as much out of the month as it does for me -

for at least 2 weeks out of the month it seems like my weight is going UP, and either i am not sure if i am gaining fat/weight, or i at least can't tell if what i am doing is working!

during my last time of the month, i made sure i drank SO much water - it was like, a CHORE, but some weight - that had been UNable to come off before, seemed to finally come off,

and now i am doing everything to try to get my weight a little lower in the FIRST TWO WEEKS of my cycle, as like a preemptive measure,

and then during the two weeks where i am gaining, i am going to follow plan to the letter - and may throw in a few days of low-carb liquid diet to be even more hard core.......

it is really hard, but my underlying health issues (for which i am now going to be seeing a doctor) have delayed me a lot, and i am just trying everything i can to make up for lost time, if i can...

...in solidarity, ladies!!!!