Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 10:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/161/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default newbie fitday question

Hi all, I am new to the atkins diet and I am journalling my food on fitday, but I am super confused and it is probably a silly question but....when I punch in what I have eaten for the day my carbs say below 20 on the foods eaten today portion on the bottom of my screen, BUT when I look up at the calories eaten today that is beside the graph it has a much higher portion the grams of carbs are the same but the cals are much higher! Which one am I suppose to be following. Sorry if this is a dumb question

Last edited by kody2003ca : Tue, Apr-20-04 at 10:29. Reason: wrong spelling
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 12:09
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

When counting carbs for the daily total, you subtract fiber to get your true count. I have not been to fitday for a while, maybe the are subtracting the fiber count now for you. To give you an accurate account of what you are eating?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 12:12
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

No you still have to subtract the fiber yourself. Lol when I was on induction I didn't know that so I didn't eat all that I could have...mebbe why I didn't lose so great. Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 12:02

Stats: 188/166/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I'm glad to see this question asked because I was just logging on to ask if the carbs listed were net carbs. They sure weren't matching up with what my book was saying. I am assuming that you can change it by "customizing" the product. Is that correct?

In answer to your question, the important things to look at are the carb count and the precentages of relating to your calories. If I understand it correctly, your fat should be around 65%. Calorie count is not important during induction unless you find that you are stalling and then that is something to look at.

So now that I know that the count on carbs is not the net amount, I think I'll go back and refigure!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 21:09
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'lyn
I'm glad to see this question asked because I was just logging on to ask if the carbs listed were net carbs. They sure weren't matching up with what my book was saying. I am assuming that you can change it by "customizing" the product. Is that correct?

In answer to your question, the important things to look at are the carb count and the precentages of relating to your calories. If I understand it correctly, your fat should be around 65%. Calorie count is not important during induction unless you find that you are stalling and then that is something to look at.

So now that I know that the count on carbs is not the net amount, I think I'll go back and refigure!

I do generally make a "custom food" because of the fiber carbs. I wish you could change the "amount" default and not accidently have a litre of cream in your cup of coffee