Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 16:24

Plan: Aikens
Stats: 182/182/162
BF:
Progress: 0%

Dear Jane:

I just measure the inches every month
But i was weighing in every week
I think now, I will let it go for 2 weeks and not make myself so stressed about a pound or two

I lvoed the skaters as well....it all seem sso effortless and yet it takes such great energy, skill and control
Something like taking off this weight
have a great day
<')))><
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 18:37

Plan: dr. Atkins
Stats: 156/145/130
BF:
Progress: 42%

Lyttlefish,
how long has it been since you've been on this LC WOE??? I'm feeling pretty good about myself. My roommate again went out and bought $80 worth of LC foods and to her dismay, fell off the wagon for the 4th time!!! She says she cannot do this. She's gained a chunk of weight herself and saw with me losing my weight, it gave her encoragement, but it's way too hard for her. I try to tell her that it'll take time to get used to but she wants the easy way out. Anyways, i feel good and though i still think of the sweet tasting foods with sugar and loads of carbs, i say no to ALL OF THEM!! How are your dogs doing??? Before you know it, they won't know who you are when you lose all your weight:-)
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 15:35

BF:
Default poor roomie

Dear Jane;
your poor roomie.. she just has to be in the right frame of mind to do this
what is there differant LC to buy?
I would think it is what NOT to buy
i find, when doing plans, like quitting smoking or giving up certain foods, it is better to think about it for a while, watch yourself and get ready. Setting a date 2 or 3 weeks down the road would be the best.
For myself i did not find it heard. i was NEVER hungry and found that the gum helped a lot when i wanted a crunch or a sweetie to eatie
I started January 14, 2002 and found the first 2 weeks very rewarding. I think i lost 9 pounds. since then it has been a slower go but i have lost 6 more pounds in 3 weeksThat is tremendous for me.
I have had a few extra carbs on one of the weekend days and that is because of social commitments and liking a glass of wine or two.
have you set any goals for yourself?
i know you are weighing in Friday this week
my measure in day is tomorrow..i cannot wait
I have monthly goals and then a June 01 goal
I think they have to be adjusted all the time though
the dogs are fine
you are right..they will not knwo me and will be draggin gme along on the walk soon
have a great day
<')))><
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 19:51

BF:

Hey lyttlefish,
I do have something to confess. Today, i ate a small piece of german chocolate cake at work. It was a friends birthday and they passed it around and i simply couldn't resist any lomger. I didn't eat all the iciing to make it less wrong, but i really rationalized it in my mind saying that it's been almost 3 weeks Friday without ANYTHING remotely w/sugar. I'm not going to beat myself up about this though, it's ok. As for my roommate, she simply doesn't eat veggies, which is a problem, and she doesn't want to follow anything specific, but i really do try and encourage her to no avail. As for the gum, i do chew that alot at work, it also helps alot, rather than eating candy. Keep me posted on your weigh in tomorrow, i'll let you know Friday where I'm at, i'm sure i'm the same. Good luck to you and take care of the dogs.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 17:17

BF:
Lightbulb German Chocolate Cake

Hey there Jane:
You did not let me know how that wonderful chocolate cake tasted and if you found it grand or not.
Was it all worth it?
Going three weeks with out the sugar is fantastic and you do deserve a LITTLE treat..no?
Also you cannot possibly gain back ALL the weight, you have lost, in one afternoon
Today is another day...
Oh I was so happy to measure this morning
1 inch lost all over and 1 1/2 inches on midrif and waist.
I have been wearing a smile all day, believe you me.
I cannot weight until you weigh in tomorrow..i know you will have a surprise...
hope you have a wonderful evening
<')))><
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 22:26

BF:

Hi Lyttlefish,
Yeah, the german choclate cake was excellent!!! It was well worth it. I must confess again though. Today, was a little worser. I went out to eat with my boyfriend at a chinese food restaurant and ate chicken, shrimp, and broccoli with an egg roll and a small bowl of rice. I also had a mixed drink. I know i went far today, but it really was a special occasion and i just felt that i had to indulge with everyone else. We'll see what my weight will say tomorrow, i will let you know. I intend on staying on this, i know i have slipped, but i'm gonna get back on. Take care and i'll let you know tomorrow.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 11:36

BF:
Default chinese food

Dear jane;

Actually, i do not think that you ate way over
the wrap on the egg roll and the rice
the mix in the drink...so not too bad
BUT you have to STOP now
Today is the start of a new month....give yourself a treat at the END of the Month.
Good luck with the weigh in
we have a lot fo snow and -16 temperatures
i am getting tired fo the winter
it is that time of year
the salad greens and oterh vegetables in the grocery store look terrible
but i will carry on
have a great weekend
<')))><
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 17:24

BF:

Thanks lyttlefish!
Yeah, i guess i shouldn't be so hard on myself, but i am and in a way that's good because i won't be breaking down like that again. Anyways, as you know, my weigh in was today. Well, it read 146lbs, that's 1lb up from last time, but its ok. Maybe it's all the food that's in my stomach, i don't know. It's ok though because things will eventually change. I lost alot of weight to begin with so now it's my turn to slow down a little, and it's ok.
So, it's really cold where you are?? It's not that bad here, though it's a little chilly. I kinda don't want spring or summer to get here too soon, i havn't lost the amount of weight that i want to. I'd be happy to get into the 130's. Anyways, take care of yourself and keep me posted and up-to-date.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 09:31

BF:
Default cold weather

Hi Jane:
It is Monday and it is snoiwng and cold...i think i am tired fo al this winter now
It is time for it to stop!!!!
I weighed in yesterday and was 172 pounds
I weighed int his morning and was 174 Pounds
I guess i will split the differance and go with 173
i ate really well over the weekend but dif drink a 1/2 botttle of wine and pigged out on a whole lot of peanuts last evening ..i felt rather not good this morning..and I have to see hat the calories were in those peanuts.
i guess we will both have to get with the program this week
let us see how we are next Monday..
have a great week
<')))><
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 10:32

BF:

Hey Lyttlefish,
Yeah, it does seem like we both need to get with the program in a way. I guess that when i saw some weight coming off, it kinda made me excited and i kinda want to go back to the way it's always been, but i've realized over the weekend that i can't. I need to stay and stick to this, it's the first time that something's really worked for me. I've realized that i'm not going to weigh myself untill next Monday also, I want a full week to get back on track and do what i have to do.
I'm sorry it's still cold where you live, it's kinda like that here. It actually snowed a little bit throughout the day and i was actually excited!! It's march and i don't want it to get warm anytime soon, untill i'm where i wanna be at weight wise. Spring break is less than 3 weeks away, and i want to be somewhere where i want to be. Well, take care, I hope all goes well with you in the weeks to come. Also, don't worry about indulging in wine and peanuts, believe me, it could have been alot worse. Take care and we'll talk soon
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 14:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/177/125
BF:
Progress: 17%
Location: I live in King, NC . This is about 20 minutes north of Winston-Salem, NC.
Smile Induction Days Over or Not.........

This morning was the end of my Induction Diet. I lost an amazing 3.5 pounds. I am not going to complain because that is still a loss and not a gain. I plan on staying on the Induction though.
I still am not in Ketosis, so I will keep trying.
I have not cheated either. I have wanted to.....but I also am tired of being overweight.
Yesterday I had lost 6 pounds and like I said 3.5 this morning.
My weight goes up and down like a roller coaster.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 16:12

BF:
Default induction end

Dear Charlene:

Congrats on the weight reduction. I am sure you are happy with the loss.
I found that posting the food i ate every day really helped me see if i was eating any hidden carbs
I started a Journal under the Journal Threads
sometimes the silliest thing is stopping the weight
I know that Aitkens says that things like esrtogen and water pills will interfere I stopped my HRT about 1 week ago and have not noticed a differance yet
I also noted that we are supposed to eat about 10 to 12 times our body weight in calories per day
I sure was not doing that and am trying hard to get there
another thing was that i was having trouble getting the 8 glasses of water down my throat
well
good luvk
<')))><
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 03:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/177/125
BF:
Progress: 17%
Location: I live in King, NC . This is about 20 minutes north of Winston-Salem, NC.
Smile Thank You

Hi Lyttlefish,
I write down everything that goes into my mouth in a journal at home.
For Instance, Yesterday I ate:
Bacon and eggs for breakfast and
Grilled chicken breast w/ mushrooms and melted cheddar &
1/2 c. steamed veggies for Lunch and
Back to Bacon and Eggs for dinner.
I drink 12 8oz. glasses of water a day. After I drink my water if I am still thirsty, I drink some on a caffeine-free diet Coke.
I have been drinking on this one coke forever. LOL
I just have the confidence that one of these days my body is going to give up and let me lose the weight I need to.
Until then I will stay with the Induction Program. I get plenty to eat and lots to drink.
Somewhere over the rainbow lies my new image.
Have a great day,
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 11:44

BF:
Default water and more

Wow, Charlene:
I wish that i had your abilitites to drink all that H2O
I will take a lesson from you and try again today
You sure are doing the induction thing, maybe you just have to up your calories..
i read somewhere in one of these threads that we need to eat 10 to 12 times our body weight in calories
that would be around 1750 for me and all i can seem to get to is around 1100 to 1300
anyway
you know best...fro your own self
I am also at kind of a standstill....but i notice that the inches are less, i am getting into old clothes and that i feel wonderful
never hungry
all the best to you
<')))><
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 16:32

BF:
Default JANE ARE YOU OUT THERE

Quote:
Originally posted by nOcaRbgurL
Hey Lyttlefish,
I've realized that i'm not going to weigh myself untill next Monday also, I want a full week to get back on track and do what i have to do.
we'll talk soon

Dear Jane:

I hope that all is well in your neck of the woods and that you had a great weigh in on Monday

I was happy to meet my goal and now have porjected a new one

i look forward to hearing from you
happy low carbing
<')))><