Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-11, 13:48

Plan: LC 11/25/11 NOW CKD 12/27
Stats: 280/280/200 Male 71 inches
BF:PLENTY
Progress: 0%
Default Whose On A Ckd Diet? Or Similar

i see the old thread for ckd is from 2007.why dont we start a new one with current members who are on it or interested.Any links we find can be added to the thread. im about to come off LC and start this CKD, i wil begin the carb loading this weekend since ive been LC for a month and have started my depletion workout prior to loading... i think im ready!

Im woking on getting this book which should explain many questions.

The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald
A Complete Guide for the Dieter and Practitioner... some links about it below.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles...ogenic-diet.htm

======================================

i like this thread....

http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/...genic-diet.html

FIRST big question for me is....

1/ is the five and a half days of low carb dieting the same as lc with high fat or is it more high protein and low carb.I havent found a good formula for the non loading days yet .Im figuring since youre carb loading on the weekend you wouldnt need alll that fat as in LC?

ive found a link for a ckd calculator.. tried it and was very helpfull

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...t=784518&page=1

2/ ALSO...what carbs do you like to load with?

im suppose to be at around 680 carbs during 36 hr carb load period with no more than 88gm of fat first 24 hr /44g the second day. formula percentages for the 36 hrs is 70 cb/15 f/15p

Last edited by SWEETMIKEY : Tue, Dec-20-11 at 20:14.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-11, 19:51

no ckd people out there? lol
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-11, 16:10

Plan: low carb
Stats: 195/174/170 Male 72 inches
BF:22%/15.2%/6 pack!
Progress: 84%

I did a CKD for nine months back in 2005. For me it was too difficult to stay on. I found the hardest parts were ironically the carb ups, especially if you do them pedantically. It also plays hell with family meal planning. If you are on your own it might be workable though.

It did work great for me while I was on it. I gained a lot of strength working out 3 or 4 days a week in the gym and lost a ton of fat in those nine months.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-11, 13:52

Plan: CKD
Stats: 264/215/160 Female 1.65
BF:28
Progress: 47%

Second time i'm on some type of CKD plan. First time was hard to come back from the carb ups, but i can't complain cause i get the lowest weight i had since dieting.

Started 3 weeks ago. I make 1 carb up day, but do not overeat my calories, i tend to eat no more than 2000, so still in deficit, and i eat whatever i want that day, but not too many carbs as i know women tend not to deplete as much glycogen as men. This week i made one high carb meal, ate quesadillas, pringles, and some chocolate, rest of the meals were low carb.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-27-11, 13:06

Cali...so what excersises are you doing to get back into ketosis?

thanks beernutz... nice to hear it worked well... im close to jumping on it...just want to lose some more first ... im worried ill gain some back when taking in alll those carbs lol!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 17:14

UPDATE!

i officially jumped to ckd as of 1130 pm,12/27/2011. im not sure how its gonna work for me but its been an amazing 16 hours so far...think im between 400-500 carbs since last night and have 6 hr to go. im gonna start out with just a 24 hour carb load and see how that works.I felt great in the gym for the first time in a month.awesome pump and looked full for a change....now i just hope i can race back into ketosis after tonight! im up 3 pounds so far but not worried...i was expecting worse.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 20:41
nurse1946-Donna

Plan: Low CarbV70, Low Cal.
Stats: 242/221/176 Female 5'9"
BF:enough ;-)
Progress: 32%

Ha guys, whats s the CKD diet ? How about letting me in huh ;-)
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-11, 11:28

Plan: CKD
Stats: 264/215/160 Female 1.65
BF:28
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETMIKEY

I lift heavy weights and do cardio.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-11, 18:53

ok cool CaliopE... were doing the same kind of workout program. so after carbing up how long does it take you to get back to ketosis? so u just stick to carbing up every seventh day like clockwork?

nurse... im still learning it but its a designer version of lc where u load up on carbs for 24-36 or 48 hours then go back to LC for the other five days. it gives those who workout hard some carbs to get ya through the week.the working out and burning those carbs will get ya back to ketosis within 2-3 days...so they say lol.im doing a 24 hour carbload myself to start.

it was a risky move for me i thought after being strict lc for a month and losing 13 pounds.its close to 3 days later after loading up and im still 3 pounds heavier.im gonna stick with it for 2-3 months and see how it goes.

i also did it on impulse and didnt follow lyles program exactly which ill do this week leading up.

oh ya... i also want to add that even though im up three pounds[3 days later after loading] with obvious water gain... my muscles are much fuller now than the flat look i had going for awhile there. ive worked out once since the load and it was a great one! so much that im still pretty sore and will do just cardio till mon then go again.

MY GOAL IS TO KEEP THIS UP WHILE LOSING WEIGHT! LOL.. a pound a week would be cool... wish me luck...fingers crossed.

Last edited by SWEETMIKEY : Fri, Dec-30-11 at 19:06.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-11, 13:09
nurse1946-Donna

Plan: Low CarbV70, Low Cal.
Stats: 242/221/176 Female 5'9"
BF:enough ;-)
Progress: 32%

Good Luck Sweetmicky, let me know how it goes ;-)
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 22:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: 195/174/170 Male 72 inches
BF:22%/15.2%/6 pack!
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETMIKEY

thanks beernutz... nice to hear it worked well... im close to jumping on it...just want to lose some more first ... im worried ill gain some back when taking in alll those carbs lol!

FWIW, I did deads, back squats, and olympic presses primarily when I was on the CKD.