Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 22:06

Plan: keto
Stats: 225/180/150 Female 69"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello everyone

New here, and wanted to join and learn more about this way of eating. Thank you for allowing me to join.

Been on LCHF since about the middle of Oct. I can't remember just when but I do know it was Oct. Did a little research trying to figure out what to do about high blood sugars and found good results on this. Saw where lots were going down on their meds so I was like OK this looks like what I need to do. My blood sugars (T2) were running on average 245, so he doubles the Janumet and it STILL is running that high. I told my husband I have got to do some research because he's going to want to put me on shots and I cannot see myself giving myself a shot for the rest of my life. So now I am off the meds (did that on my own) but need to go do my blood work so he can see what it's doing now. I wnt in to see if he would lower the dosage so I wouldn't have a very low glucose and his nurse said no, keep taking it. When my B.S. got to 83 I was like OK not going to take it and have a low and put my body through all of that. I kept a check on it and it's staying in range now without the stuff. Although it's 98 or around that on fasting sugar, not wild about it being that high on a fasting but hoping that will fix itself as I stay on this. Anyway I have lost weight and inches as a side treat lol on this to. I keep reading where folks are saying to up your sodium intake for this way of eating but I was like no I have high blood pressure and that would mke it higher. (on meds. So far I haven't been able to toss those but sure hoping I can!!! It's not running any higher since I started this though I just would like to not have to take them. I am a little hyper so I figure that's WHY I have high blood pressure.

Again thank you for allowing me to join.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-17, 05:49

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome! It sounds like you are taking sensible steps to improve your health. Good idea to keep monitoring those indicators. LC can have a dramatic effect on blood pressure, etc. and you'll need to be aware from day to day. Sorry your doc isn't being helpful so far--but your results will speak for themselves.

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-17, 13:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Gardenponder,

You have found a great forum for information to help you continue to find optimal health. Congrats on getting off the meds, sadly without health care involvement.

Read through some threads in the Diabetes forum for more tips: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45
And more about Blood Pressure at DietDoctor, a good guide explaining the role of insulin in BP.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/blood-pressure
All the best,