Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/135/110
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Lost 10lbs (quarter way there now)

I'm thrilled because I have just lost my tenth pound. I want to lose 40lbs in all. The Montignac plan is so easy to follow and I haven't been tempted at all. Well, not much anyhow. I think that is because I can still eat a wide range of foods and I feel really healthy and full of energy.

My skin is also looking and feeling wonderful, as is my hair. I take a multi-vitamin and also a kelp and evening primrose supplements.

I know losing the weight will get more difficult, but I can see the difference already and I really want to get back into those clothes lurking at the back of my wardrobe, and I know I will do it. I keep a favourite (currently too tight) dress on a hanger on the back of my bedroom door just to remind myself, plus a photo on my dressing table of me in the taken in that dress looking great a couple of years ago.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:03

Stats: 243/207/150
BF:
Progress: 39%

CONGRADULATION!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:28
Registered Member

Stats: 148/135/110
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Thanks MsJames

Thanks for congratulation and that great smiley. I wish I could use that dancing cheerleader on my AOL emails as well, but somehow I can't make it move!

I see you are following Dr Atkin's plan. I did followed it about 15 years ago, but it didn't allow fruit and very limited vegetables. I found it really difficult as I am not a big meat or fat eater. I presume the diet plan has evolved since then. I also joined Weightwatchers three times (!) and lost weight each time, but it took ages and I put it back on quite quickly. Now I am at my heaviest ever, but determined to shrink back to my old size.

Good luck with your diet.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 14:12

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Congratulations on the 10 pounds gone. cheer:

As a piece of housekeeping, did you know your earlier posts have been put in a journal for you, here is the link - http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...3621#post323621
This section is really just for new members to introduce themselves and I expect that the administrators may move this and your other post onwards.

I'm glad things are going well. Please keep us updated in your journal to your success.