Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-10, 17:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/141/135 Female 5'3
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 85%
Default Just got the P90X program..

There is another thread here that I just read however it is VERY dated so i thought I would start fresh and ask if any of you have or are currently using this program? Right now I go to the gym Mon- Fri, I work a different group of muscles everyday and the only day I don't do any cardio is the day I do legs. I have lost 20 pounds since Jan and at this point I just want to be smaller (not worrying too much about what the scale reads) I have chosen the lean program, have some resistance bands in lieu of a pull up bar (I can use the bar at the gym) and I got a bunch of stuff recently.. dumb bells, yoga mat, ball, gloves I did the X stretch today because I am sore from the weights this week and it was really quite good, I know that the stretch and yoga programs will both be really good for me since I would like to be a lot more flexible.

Anyway, I would love to hear what you guys know or have experienced. I am sticking with my own diet and supplement regime since I am not interested in adding back any carbs unless absolutely necessary, if I'm failing before the burn or not able to complete the reps neccessary then I will do what I need to but right now I workout just fine with what I'm currently doing. Can't wait to get started!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 14:13
Registered Member

Stats: 152/137/128 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think you'll find the p90x a challenge, even if you go the gym. After two weeks of it I felt better. I couldn't keep up with working out 1-1.5 hr a night for 6 nights a week. I felt like I was getting home from work, p90x, shower, eat, sleep. Repeat. It was hard to keep up with that, and I couldnt find the time to walk the dogs etc. So, if you have the time, and can do it, I think it is a great workout.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 06:38

thanks, so far, so good. It's tough though and the Yoga stopped me flat. I just couldn't do it this first time but I won't stop trying!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 12:33

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

HI I found your new thread, how is it going? I started round 2 today, whew am i spent! I'm doing the classic version this time. Anyone here doing P90X ?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 16:50

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

I have mixed in p90x workouts over the past few months, but yesterday I actually started a 90 day challenge. I am doing the classic version.

Plyo was today, and I will say I can't really do it yet. The chest and back yesterday was tough, but I was able to finish everything except Dive bombers. Not sure if my form sucks or what, but they hurt my lower back. So I gave up on them yesterday and just did some extra regular pushups.

I am going to give Plyo one more try on Thursday, but I may switch the Tues/Thurs to Cardio X next week. I am hoping to drop about 11% bodyfat and reach goal weight over the next 88 days
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 16:59

Well then, Welcome to P90X!! I must say I really enjoy the workout especially Kenpo, it's really energizing. I'm in week 5 now and I think the hardest part of it, for me, is the Yoga..it's kind of advanced so it's quite hard not to tumble LOL. I'm doing lean myself so I don't have the Plyometrics in the program yet but who knows maybe I'll do the classic next!! Good luck with the program and here's to reaching goal!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturkeyldy
HI I found your new thread, how is it going? I started round 2 today, whew am i spent! I'm doing the classic version this time. Anyone here doing P90X ?

Hey Lady glad to see you here! How goes the second round? I feel pretty good.. My scale has really dropped over the past little while so I think good things are happening. I hope to have at least half the great results you did!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 07:39

Hey I am still here just busy busy busy. Did plyo yesterday for the 3rd time. I will admit due to lack of time I did a condensed version. I only had 40 minutes to get a workout in so i made it happen. Yoga is challenging but so worth it. I always and mean always feel terrific when it's done. Keep trying it. The program includes if for a reason. I think we need to keep the balance part of our fitness in check to and that will take care of it. The first round I only missed one day of stretch. This time I can't say that and I am feeling it. I will get stretch in this Sunday, somehow, even if it's right before bed.

Keep pushing play! Can't wait to see the results.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 16:21

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

OK, my original message said plyo again today..but after looking at the schedule I realize today is Yoga. The Yoga is definitely tough! I can imagine I will be a very flexible person if I can ever get to the point of being able to do all these moves for 90 minutes! But so faar so good, I am HURTING after 4 days. Not like pain hurting, like every muscle in my body sore hurting LoL.

I can't wait to see the results after a few weeks.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-10, 06:10

Isn't that sorness a good feeling? A feeling of progress! woo hoo! Congrats on you taking on this adventure. You will be pleased with the results, trust the program. It is a great one.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-19-10, 13:27

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 220/208/195 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

P90X is an exciting journey! I went through the entire program for over two years. It is a great investment, and some of the workouts you will probably keep around and do for the rest of your life. I had really good results with it, but never got 'ripped' (because of my love for rum and coke maybe?)

Kenpo is one of my favorites also!

I have since moved on to a simpler form of weight training to try and build more muscle mass, while allowing my self to recover more by doing less cardio than the P90X requires.

Good luck
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 05:13

Fell off the p90 wagon...I have been going to the gym though, DH want's me to use my membership there while I have it, which makes sense and I'm too tired to do BOTH programs. So I have opted to continue to build some muscle and once my membership runs out in August, if I don't renew then p90 will be my go to workout.. Hope you are still goin strong xturkeyldy!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 07:53

I do understand your wanting to use gym membership. You know I bet you could kinda do a gym version of p90x. have you thought about that. Keep switching up as he does using strenght training and cardio back and forth.

I am still going, not quite every day but everyday that I can. I am working in some zumba to the mix. It is an enjoyable, energetic workout and I do LOVE to dance so it works for me.

Good luck at the gym. Let me know how it works for you.