Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 04:53
Registered Member

Plan: protein diet and adkins, slenderwiegh, tae-bo
Stats: 220/158/145
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default jumpy calf muscle and a torn calve muscle

Hi trainer Dan,
I've been on and off the LC diet for years and most recently it's been about 8 steady months with a few short breaks. I also have been doing tae-bo 3 times a week. I started having jumpy calves, muscle twitching in both calves pretty constantly. I upped my potassium and started a calcium/magnesium supplement. Over a week's period it didn't help and I ended up "tearing" my calve muscle just reaching up to get a glass out of my cabinet by bearly being on my tip toes. I've been off the LC diet for 9 days (since the muscle tear) and for the past 4 or 5 days there's not been the muscle jumpiness. I'm concerned that if theLC diet is doing this to my calves what will it do to my other muscles over time. I love the LC way of life and have been successful for the first time in sticking to a diet. I hate not feeling safe doing it. Would doing the weekend carb thing eliminate this problem? Or, just what do you think is going on? THanks for your time. Lisa
Sponsored Links