Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 03:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/226/210 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 72%
Smile Hello. :) Just starting day 5 on Atkins.

Hello from California - 27/m, going on Atkins for the first time. I woke up the other day and decided I was tired of being overweight and had to finally do something about it.

Today was my fourth day of induction. It's gone great so far. I knew by day two that I made a good choice and am still excited about it. The headaches and sugar cravings have not slowed me down. I'm determined to see this though!

This forum is great. I don't know anyone personally who lives a LC lifestyle, so it's very helpful to come here and hear how other people are doing it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 03:54
Registered Member

Stats: 187/178/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi RJ Isn't this a great site? I don't know if I'd still be doing this whole thing if it wasn't for this site. Definitely gives me the motivation and support to stick with it. Not to mention there's so many awesome recipes here! That really helps too.

I'm finishing up day 8 of Induction and doing great. Are you going to start a journal? I highly recommend it. If you do, I'll keep checking in with ya. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 04:06

Stats: 268/226/210 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thanks for the welcome Carissa! I agree, the recipes are awesome.

I am keeping a private journal, but just a little too shy to post it up here. It took me a few days of hanging around just to introduce myself.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 05:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is
Progress: 77%
Talking

Hi RJ,
Hey get that journal going so we can all come chat to you, we don't bite, (well I do but the others don't).
You have done well so far and I can honestly say it only gets easier. This is the best thing I ever did. I'll be honest here I didn't get the energy kick or other things but just the weight loss on it's own has made me feel fantastic, I'm so much more confident, and my self esteem had doubled and I'm not even half way there yet!

Well see you around, Hev.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 21:38

Stats: 153/151/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Can someone expound on th benefits of a journal?

I've been hanging out on the site for a couple of weeks but never introduced myself because I keep starting and stopping
Induction. I did Atkins before and remember how the cravings go away after a while (how long on average?) but have struggled with that. I only eat the Russel Stover net 2 gm carbs which are delicious but also addicting!