Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Yesterday was day three, all I can say is "owwwww"! Blew the eating plan yesterday, but today is a new day. I find that I am SO HUNGRY, the first two days averaged 900 cals/day. I could'nt resist the appetizer platter that my friends ordered before dinner - even though I told myself I would. I have been splitting the two 45 mins sessions between early morning before work and after work. I have been sleeping EXTREMELY well (haha, as I am exhausted!)
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 21:07

Plan: new york body plan
Stats: 138/---/130 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Default New-bie

Hi everyone~! I have been following this thread and reading it a few days before I began NYBP and finally decided to post. I have just finished up on day three! So far I feel pretty good about the plan. I thought I was going to have trouble since I have never cut out carbs but I find the recipies in the book so darn good. My biggest problbem is that I do my work out at 10 am and so I allow myself to eat untill 8pm...but around 10pm I get very hungry...I havent broken that yet..but am afraid as the newness wears off I will get weak...any advice! I am so looking forward to my results and really working at matienence! Congrats to everyone so far on rocking it out..its a challenge for sure, but I love how energized (and sore!) I feel! Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

#123   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 08:43

Plan: NYBP
Stats: 179/179/140 Female 69"
BF:
Progress:
Default Starting on Monday!!

Okay I'm going to join you all and do 14 days starting on Monday!! I'm scared and excited. I have the read book, and have the DVD and David's protein shake mix. I have one question though: Do you all do all 90 min. of your exercise in one session?? I'm planning on breaking up mine into 2 sessions the 45 cardio/sculpt in the am and the 45 cardio in the pm. Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated! My plan is that after the 14 days I'm giong to follow his maintenance at the end of the book for the next 2 weeks. Then I'll do this 4 week cycle until I hit my goal of a size 6-8 (currently a snug 14:help.

Thanks!
Amanda
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 09:04
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi there,

I'm working through the pre-program readiness routine (it's only 30 minutes of some of the cardio sculpting) it took me 2 days before I could do it twice in 30 minutes. The real reason I'm doing the pre-program routine is because I'm on day 10 of the 14 day Fat Flush detox - so I figured I would wait to do the whole program when I could do the diet (since I want to finish the FF )

luvmy2 - the book says to do the 2 workouts spaced apart, one in the am and one in the pm. Good luck on your journey (I am finding it FUN believe it or not)
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 08:06

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Koko. I looked all over to see if I could split the routines up and never found it. How's that Fat Flush detox going? You're doing great to have gotten through 10 days!

I did my 45 min. DVD workout this morning and drank my DK shake. Wow. That balance ball is going to take some getting used to. I'm not very good at being able tuck my feet under me while they're on the ball. I'm so glad to be doing this workout in the privacy of my own home Looking forward to my 45 min cardio session in the pm (NO BALL!! )
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 09:26

BF:
Progress:

Hey everyone-

Is David K's protien shakes good...I have been on designer whey but cant do them and do food instead because they are so hideous amd wondering if I should order some of his. I am on day 7!!! Keep up the good work everyone!
  #127   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 12:41

BF:
Progress:

Wow Laura - day 7 - WTGOOOO!

I think his shakes are fine. I've only tried vanilla. They are not the most yummy thing in the world but I just chug it down and don't think about it too much. He does have sucralose in it, which I don't like. Why he didn'y use Stevia is a real mystery. Anyway, if you're really into taste, the best IMHO is Jay Robb protein. Check out http://jayrobb.com . I am not in any way affiliated with them, but his protein is great with NO artificial sweetners - only Stevia. You will need to add flax seeds and coconut oil to be equivalent to DK's, but that's what I'm going to use when I get finished with what I bought from DK.

Keep on keepin' on girl!

Amanda
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 16:27

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 162/143/135 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:
Default Day one of NYBP (second time!!)

Here I go again! I started another round of the 2 week plan today - and I'm feeling it in my jello-arms as I type this!!
Has anyone done this more than once? I want to know if I should expect dramatic results again - I lost 10 pounds the first time around.
I'm looking forward to chatting about this!
Way to go everyone.
Jenn
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 16:36

Plan: New york body plan
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5-9
BF:
Progress: 40%

Jenniferni, Let us know how you do the second time. I am going to start it again next week. While I have been HORRIBLE with my diet since I have gotten of the first time, I have been great with working out and feel better than I have in years. Good luck!
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 19:18

Plan: BFL
Stats: 185/182/135 Female 5'7"
BF:32.4
Progress: 6%
Default spacing the excercises

Koko,

Oh thank you for pointing that out, I read the book but like everything in life when I read I miss SOMETHING important. I was going to try to kill myself doing them back to back! LOL I can just see the headlines now...

I'm glad I found this site, that really relieves me, I really did think I was going to die after 1.5 hours in a row. I thought I would survive day 1 but day 4 or 5 would be my demise. Oh the horror.

Now I KNOW I can do it!

I was the SAME way on getting thru the excercises on the pre-core. I didn't get thru the 2nd round until about the 3rd or 4th day, but I made the mistake of doing day 1 at home. I just can't do it at home, I get thru a bit of something and then just give up and plop myself on the couch and decide it just can't be done. I'm so bad. But after I had gotten thru 2x I was like WOW this is so easy, why did I have problems before. Then 2nd day going thru the excerises 2x I did the max # of each. I also added an extra tricep move to help with that part of my arms.

I felt like I was really starting to be a self trainer, I would make myself do an extra few when I didn't feel I could do another. And then if I didn't like my own effort I forced myself to redo a few. It was great! I'm really looking forward to the real part.

I admit I decided to wait until after the trip to start the real deal. I have been on BFL for 3 full weeks now. I really don't know if I can give up the carbs and might end up sticking to BFL for the nutrition part, just because I know the reintruduction of carbs for me is always bad. But the good news is I have kicked about 3 bad habits in the process that I can't go back to. I used to only drink soda, never a glass of water. And was a coffee drinker too (about 10 cups a day). I no longer have ANY soda but on my free day (and I only have 2). I drink 10 glasses of water a day. I have NO coffee of any kind any more. And alcohol I can't stand. It's gross, the mixed drinks are WAY too sweet, and the alch part just burns.

Tricia
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 00:03

BF:
Progress:

Luvmy2- Thank you so much for the encouraging words and shake advice. You are awesome--it seriously made my day!!!

QUESTION: Does anyone know of a protien bar that works on NYBP that would maybe be allowed?

Thanks and good luck to everyone jumping back in this week!

So glad I found this place!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 05:18
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciahall
Koko,

Oh thank you for pointing that out, I read the book but like everything in life when I read I miss SOMETHING important. I was going to try to kill myself doing them back to back! LOL I can just see the headlines now...

I'm glad I found this site, that really relieves me, I really did think I was going to die after 1.5 hours in a row. I thought I would survive day 1 but day 4 or 5 would be my demise. Oh the horror.

Now I KNOW I can do it!

I was the SAME way on getting thru the excercises on the pre-core. I didn't get thru the 2nd round until about the 3rd or 4th day, but I made the mistake of doing day 1 at home. I just can't do it at home, I get thru a bit of something and then just give up and plop myself on the couch and decide it just can't be done. I'm so bad. But after I had gotten thru 2x I was like WOW this is so easy, why did I have problems before. Then 2nd day going thru the excerises 2x I did the max # of each. I also added an extra tricep move to help with that part of my arms.

I felt like I was really starting to be a self trainer, I would make myself do an extra few when I didn't feel I could do another. And then if I didn't like my own effort I forced myself to redo a few. It was great! I'm really looking forward to the real part.

LOL Tricia - don't worry you are not the only one who missed things!!! I thought I was doing great doing the program-readiness - I did two days of completing the circuit once in 30 minutes (mind you I was doing the highest number of reps for everything) then I re-read the instructions and saw where it said "complete the circuit as quickly as you can 2-3 times in 30 minutes"!!! at that point I thought there was NO hope for me. But I looked at how I was doing it and realized I was probably spending WAaaay to much time worrying about the form on the stupid punches - I am NOT a born puncher, have never punched anything in my life. And I was wasting time trying to get perfect form, stopping to look at the book. So I got DH to demonstrate the punches to me (the pictures all looked sort of the same) and I practiced them while not doing the workout, then I reduced my reps to the minumum and was able to do it twice in the 30 minutes. Like you, after I did it I thought hey this is EASY - and I felt really triumphant!!! Today I'm going to either go for 3 circuits or increase my reps again on two. It feels like you CAN'T when you start but if your really try you CAN. I just look at everyone here and everyone in the book and figure if these other people can do it, then I can. They don't have anything I don't like an extra arm or leg to help them along - he even has a woman in her 50's in the book so I can't use that as an excuse (I am going to be 50 this year).

I'm a bit worried about next week when I drop the carbs too, on Fat Flush the carbs are between 80-100 in a day, the cranberry water alone having 32. I know I get very hungry on extremely low carbs but I'm hoping the exercise will take away the hunger, it often has that effect on me. I've got a trip coming up the first week in March and this is a STRONG motivation for me to DO this.

What's the exercise you HATE on this, there must be one. For me it's those hellacious "Squat Thrusts" - once I have them done on each circuit I feel like the rest is easy street!!!

Wishing you all great workouts!!!!
  #133   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 05:27
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura 83
but around 10pm I get very hungry...I havent broken that yet..but am afraid as the newness wears off I will get weak...

I've been getting a little hungry in the afternoon on FF and I find a couple of big mugs of herbal tea - helps. It sounds kind of weak, but it really does.

Also how I get through night time hunger when it happens is to realize that in an hour or so I'll be asleep. If I can hang in till then, then when I wake up it will be a new day and I'll have made it through another day on the plan. Just use your mind to overpower those urges your body has. I tell myself that my body has had sufficient food for the day and I just refuse to listen to it begging for something that will stop the weight from coming off.

Or.... I think of when I did the Squat Thrusts and think ..........you want to WASTE that by eating something NOW!!!

and finally I remember - this is only for two weeks.

#134   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 09:52

Default least fav excercise

"What's the exercise you HATE on this, there must be one. For me it's those hellacious "Squat Thrusts" - once I have them done on each circuit I feel like the rest is easy street!!!" - koko

Koko,

I thought it would be squat thrusts but its the easiest one for me for some reason. I struggle a bit on the jumping jacks (music helps me do the last few tho). But the one I HATE the most is mtn climbers. They were so fun as a kid too! I dunno what happened but I really don't want any part of them.

Mirrors help, I had been doing the plank as a pike until yesterday, the plank I feel all over now!

Kudos on almost completing FF! It's a tough one and I bow to everyone that gets thru it. I had a hard time on the psyllium & cran water mix. I cheated on that part and would take the pills (the pill has the veggie cap around it and so I would loosen it up just enough that it wasn't open when I took it but probably not after drinking so much fluid right after)

Funny story about FF, I would make the cranberry water a few containers at a time so I could just grab one & go and not have to mix each day. My tupperware collection was limited so I just used some other plastic bottles I had lying around. Anyhow I must have had the water in something that had a similar color and hubby grabbed it by mistake thinking it was going to be a great tasting juice and got the cran water instead. ABSOLUTELY hysterical

I think if anything everyone should pick up FF to read why things are good and why others are bad. She does a good job of giving a very scientific explanation and then putting it in laymans terms after.

For me starting FF was the hardest part, I stuck with it the rest of the way no problem.

Right now I am on BFL and loving it. I am shedding pounds like they are going out of style. Basically I do the BFL nutrition and David Kirsch' excercises. I will see how this all turns out in the end. But I would say my carbs are about 120+ a day. I never realized the carbs was so high in FF until I read your post! My carbs right now basically either comes from the carbs in a protein bar or shake, or an apple/berries.

My goal final goal is to be 135. I want to be 150 by July (180 now). As I get closer to that point if I need to shed say 10 lb to be at my goal I will probably do the full program, but not until 2 weeks before I need to be at goal.

Tricia
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 10:05

Default Syntrax - Nectar

This is the BEST stuff. Its a fairly new product so you will probably have to get it online - or do a search for it & where to find it.

PERFECT for the program.

They come in fruit juice flavors. The lemonade is GREAT. As I mixed it didn't mix quite right, but it had JUST the right flavor, and the thick part that hadn't mixed tasted JUST like a lemon starburst! I have since mixed it right and not too sweet!

Its a whey protein isolate that is ultrafiltered and undenatured.

1/2 serving = 45 cal, 0 carbs, 12g protein. I got free packets at Valley Vitamins and I was real skeptical. I mixed it and it smelled like protein so I was like there is NO way this is going to taste good. But then thought what the heck it can't hurt to try one. I am SO glad I did.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on how good this would be for the program... I love how there are NO carbs and it is SO sweet and SO easy to just mix with water. The packet says its the best tasting protein on the market and so far I agree.