Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 05:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%
Default The Ultimate New York Body Plan

Has anyone else here tried David Kirsch’s Ultimate New York Body Plan? David is the owner of Madison Square Club and the trainer on the Extreme Makeover show. His plan is very low carb, pretty low fat and high protein. It only last two weeks and consists of 45 min of cardio a day and an additional 45 min of a cardio sculpting routine, outlined in the book. This program is very extreme but it produces extreme results. As for food, its pretty low cal. A 50g whey shake for breakfast, a small LF/LC/HP snack in the morning (today is it 3oz Dijon Chicken Salad) A large lunch (today its Salmon and veggies) Small afternoon snack (today-7 almonds) and another whey shake (50g prot) for dinner.

If anyone else here has tried this plan or something similar, some tips and advice would be appreciated.

Oh, btw, this is the program the Heidi Klum, Liv Tyler, Keanu Reeves, and tons of others celebs use prior to walking red carpets...

I'll let you guys know how it goes...
David's Website and links

Last edited by GrooveJock : Tue, Nov-30-04 at 05:15.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 15:52
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I would be very interested in hearing about your results.

Teri
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 07:02

Well I am into day 4 of the plan and to tell you the truth IT SUCKS! I am sooo tired and constantly hungry. The Good news=I have lost 1 inch in 3 days and 2 lbs of fat.

I love the results but I dont know how much longer I can do this. Its really hard and trying. I have not been this hungry on years.

I'll let you guys know how it goes..
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 07:16

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

I think the program is too low cal, especially since you are also supposed to do 45 minutes of cardio daily plus strength training!

You have no way of knowing if those 2 lbs were fat - it could be a mix of fat, water, and possibly muscle, since I don't think there is anout food to promote lean body mass increase.

I'd skip it. If you want to shake things up but are not sure which low-carb plan to follow, get "Living the low-carb life" by Johnny Bowden, it has reviews on 14 different low-carb diets and lots of tips and input to make your low-carb plan successful.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I'm not against low cal...but you mentioned feeling like garbage. You might want to look into the PSMF (protein sparing modified fast), a lot of info can be found here www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/index.php?

It's very low cal, low carb low fat - but the protein is high enough to avoid loss of lean body mass. You should be eating about 1g per pound of body weight on such low calories and fat. Something like that would ultimately be more effective because you're burning only your own bodyfat for energy NOT your bodyfat plus your muscle. You need amino acids to function, if you don't supply them, your body will start taking them from itself.

Try entering your foods in fitday, and posting the totals here.

disclaimer: I'm not claiming that everyone eat such high protein, but when there is minimal fat and carbs..on top of exercise... protein is needed.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 14:32

Thanks for the replies. NYBP is a protein sparing modified fast diet. I lasted until Thursday and converted back to Atkins. I am going to try this again for the first three days of this week b/c it is helping my finally get rid of this final layer of belly fat and my love handles.

Now that I think about, it was not that hard. I mean, yes it sucked but I was also going through carb withdrawls from Thanksgiving.

More to come as the week passes.

oh and here is the link to my fitday~
Shauns Fitday

Last edited by GrooveJock : Sun, Dec-05-04 at 15:11.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 21:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%
Default Keep me posted!

I am going to try a protein sparing modified fast in January. I hope I can stick with it!

Please let me know how it goes!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 22:06
Registered Member

I've done a psmf before. Once you get past the first several days.. cravings, psychological stuff it's awesome. I felt great, I was strong, could exercise intensely and best of all lost a lot of weight.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 09:01
Registered Member

Nice to know about being able to lift as well as cardio. On Atkins I could only do cardio as any amount of weight training and I would burn out. Did you do 1 gram per lb of bodyweight or per KG of bodyweight?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 13:37
Registered Member

I'd have....well 100-150 grams ~approx. 150lbs
Depends on the day. Yeah the lifting was great because of all of that protein. However, if you're new to low carbing you might feel less energetic than you do while eating normally because your body has not adapted to using fat for fuel as easily as one who has experience low carbing.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 15:28
Registered Member

BF:

I have been reading about this plan on another forum, and plan to give it a go 1/3/05. The first phase is two weeks - which is motivating as it has an end time/limit.

Groovejock - have you given this another try?
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 14:19

Plan: NY Body Plan
Stats: 128/119/115 Female 63.5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I started yesterday (1/3/05), coming from a 31-year nonstop lifetime of unlimited calorie carb and fat loving. Yesterday was painful, but today is much better. And I seem to be more awake, too!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 15:01
Registered Member

my wife and I bought the book - it was sold out all over Los Angeles, so we had to order a copy - cannot wait to start!!! KEEP US POSTED!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:33
Registered Member

BF:

I have read the book, but plan on rereading more slowly. I didnt start 1/3 as I had thought I would, but will be starting within the next week. I would be very interested in hearing from those ahead of me.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 13:30

WOW, I have some NY body plan buddies!

I am going to do a two week NYBP cut on Monday. Last go around, I went from 182 to 179, all fat loose. I think I actually gained a bit of muscle.

We should check back to this post often and keep eachother updated.