Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 07:13

Plan: restrict carbs
Stats: 210/170/160 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default yesterday was hard!

been doing low carb for about 5 years (off and on but mostly on) and maintained fairly well but still have about 10 pounds to lose (or re-lose). i was a lille lax over thanksgiving / christmas holiday. due to some recent changes i got very strict and went back to induction. completed the first week with the usual challenges - nothing unbearable - until yesterday.

for whatever reason yesterday was the most difficult day i believe i ever had with avoiding carbs. several reasons:
i had been working from home for the past couple weeks and yesterday i went back into the office. we have a sweet lady there who always has all kinds of snacks; one of my favs is "Wheat Thins". seems like that was all i could think about all day; i even went over there a few times to look at them; but i did resist. however, i did east about 3 servings of salted almonds (about 15 net carbs - but that is much better than a hundred grams of wheat thins).

then after work wife and i attended one of those retirement talks where they fed you a meal. however, they wait so long to feed you because they want you to listen to their talk. but they do bring out a log of bread to much on. again, was getting very hungry and needed to take something with some meds.

bottom line i also resisted the bread - so had a clean day although it was a struggle. Today (this morning) i feel so much better knowing i did not cave in like i probably would have in the past. i believe i will definitely be stronger today. it was just one of those occasional days where things aligned poorly.

yay me (and you).
gw
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 07:41

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

What good choices! I always say it's not just wanting the "treat" it is also about how the thing makes us feel, after.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3

Great job!!! If you can resist the wheat thins, I can too!!! (I've been craving salt lately - salted almonds are a great idea!)
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 12:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

If you can manage it, try carrying some sort of acceptable snack around with you; salted nuts perhaps, or jerky, to pull out when you are hungry, and the only other option is something like bread. One advantage of being female in our society is that we carry purses. It's harder for men trying to fit oddly shaped bags of nuts into their pockets, I understand, but perhaps you can figure out a way. And congratulations on staying strong yesterday!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 13:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Macadamia nuts are great too, and you don't need a lot...
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 17:25

BF:

i love most all nuts - including brazil nuts and especially cashew. only problem i cannot stop at a few (well, i can but it is very difficult).
gw
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 18:35

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Better than wheat thins...
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 07:37

BF:

the day after yesterday (which was yesterday) was much better. still some cravings but not as severe and prolonged. manageable.
gw
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 16:30

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena
One advantage of being female in our society is that we carry purses. It's harder for men trying to fit oddly shaped bags of nuts into their pockets, I understand, but perhaps you can figure out a way.

One advantage to being married is the wife usually has a purse! I carry sf gum & meat bars in my purse. If I'm not really hungry but tempted, I chew the gum. If I'm hungry, I eat the meat bar.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-18, 01:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
One advantage to being married is the wife usually has a purse! I carry sf gum & meat bars in my purse. If I'm not really hungry but tempted, I chew the gum. If I'm hungry, I eat the meat bar.

Good idea! I've never been much of a gum chewer, but I do keep some in my purse, for long drives. Hot cinnamon does a good job waking me up. No doubt it would also curb any thought of eating anything that would do battle with the cinnamon!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-18, 08:37

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I never chewed gum until I read Dr. B.'s suggestion that it could help with mild gastroparesis - & it does. Being a total klutz - the kind that literally can't walk & chew gum at the same time - I have to be careful not to bite my tongue.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-18, 11:13
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

GW, this would be a great time for you to start a Journal (informally known here as "J"). You might notice patterns emerging and that could help you in the long run.

Lots of us have been doing this WOE for a long while, and are maintaining our weight loss. Cravings still come and go. Nothing really changes except our ability to stand and cope.

Being here and posting and reading helps.
g
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-18, 20:12

BF:

journal sounds like a good idea.
gw
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-18, 03:53

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I agree with bluesinger, and J is an excellent way to keep track and too look back at good and bad days...

Nice to meet you, best of luck to you, drop by my J sometime, I love company.

Just a thought, sometimes if you find you are dealing with cravings, add more fat to your daily intake, just a thought, I'm no expert, but I've been there, oh and btw, wheat thin, WERE my fav, I could eat the whole box, no prob...

Have a positive day, ttys
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-18, 13:18
Registered Member

Stats: 124/122/113 Female 62 "
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default more fat

I agree with zoogirl. Adding fat usually helps!