Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, May-30-07, 19:33
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone! Just checking in and saying hello. I had an incredibly productive weekend that involved reorganizing my kitchen, catching up on laundry, cleaning and prepping my Mom's room for her return (putting up some more framed photos and paintings) and vacuuming, among other things. Since then I've been doing a LOT of driving (going to pick her up and coming back the same day and then today taking her to the docs and running a ton of errands). But I'm proud to say I got in a light workout at home tonight and plan to get back to the gym tomorrow. I'm still eating well. I haven't been as perfect as I'd like, but when I give in to some temptation I do manage to quarantine it, compensate (usually with some kind of fat/protein to help with the sugar rush) and move on to better things! Today was a really ideal eating day for me and whether I've been off or on, I have to say I've felt really good an energized, so I'm thankful for that.

Looks like tomorrow is the 31st so we should start a new thread soon, huh?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 04:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Good Morning Everyone!

I have enjoyed this past weekend and we are heading back to the county again today. It is so nice to get away!! I am hanging in there with my woe.....I would love to drop 10 pounds this summer.

I want to see if I can get my hands on an old copy of "Thin So Fast" by Dr. M. Eades... I want to read up on the shake plan. In 'Staying Power', they mention this to get back on track. Anyone else heard of this? How did it work for you? Gonna check into it next week...

Lisa, sounds like you and Larry have been very productive! Lisa, you sound good! Take care!

Every summer when school gets out, I say I am going to tackle this and that. Something always comes up. Mostly babysitting with the grand kids. They keep me pretty busy!! I just had my first day off and it was filled with two little girls and the four year old wants to play 'tea party'. Well, of course I dropped everything and played with her. What's a grandma to do?
  #48   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 06:39

Plan: Meat Only
Stats: 200/169.6/175 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Me
I want to see if I can get my hands on an old copy of "Thin So Fast" by Dr. M. Eades... I want to read up on the shake plan. In 'Staying Power', they mention this to get back on track. Anyone else heard of this? How did it work for you? Gonna check into it next week..

I've been doing it for a couple of weeks and really like it. It is kind of like intermittent fasting but you are able to get enough protein without gorging in the evening.

I have a little website that lays out my version of his plan (my maintenance part is different) if you want a sneak peek while waiting to get the book. The link is in my profile.

EDIT - Duh. I just figured out who you are.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 09:15

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Hey Arc,
I am Incognito!!

I thought that would make a great discussion over here in the PP world.

Unfortunately, I have to leave in a minute.................so carry on!!

I will check in here on Monday.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 09:17
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Me
Every summer when school gets out, I say I am going to tackle this and that. Something always comes up. Mostly babysitting with the grand kids. They keep me pretty busy!! I just had my first day off and it was filled with two little girls and the four year old wants to play 'tea party'. Well, of course I dropped everything and played with her. What's a grandma to do?

When you look back on your life, what will be more important to you and your grandchildren? That you reorganized your pantry, or that you make a FABULOUS pretend lemon bundt cake (LC of course, haha) to go with your granddaughter's delightful chamomile tea??

Priorities, people! And it sounds like you have them straight.

P.S. Yes, I'm going very well, thanks! I had a super food day yesterday, did some exercise, kept active and am feeling really good overall.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 19:11

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Last post in this thread.

OK folks, I am going to ask that this be the last post to this thread.

I will start (a day early, sort of ) the new thread for us to use for June as soon as I finish this.