Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 09:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%
Default Sign-up for one year of TDC!!

Hey Triple Digit Club Gang !!!!!!!

How are you all out there in low-carb land? Me....I am okay. I was feeling kinda nostalgic today. I went back and read some six month old posts from the TDC and realized how many people have just up and disappeared. I hope they are doing good wherever and whatever they are doing.

We all have a lot to lose here, and it sure can be a long road. So I was wondering, will anyone join me in making a one-year commitment to the forum - promising to keep posting and keep working at it no matter what? Then one year from now (February 7th, 2004) we will start a new thread - like a reunion thread!

So here is my commitment - I Cindi, otherwise known as Orchidday, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Cindi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 09:54
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Cindi,

I will join you in the same pledge. I am also saddened by the people who just disappear from this forum. I want to know what happened to them. I will not leave without telling you all why. If you don't mind, I will just copy your pledge and change the name:

I Liz, otherwise known as Liz175, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Liz
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 20:56

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Cool Awesome Thread!

I am with you! I love this idea. I hate breaking commitments, so hopefully, this and my determination to get skinny will keep me here for the long haul.

Here goes:

I, Amy, otherwise known as achio4444, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Amy

Thanks for an awesome motivator!

Amy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 06:50

Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Just decided I would join the club.

It will be great to share the trip with some new friends.

I Fantasia, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Fantasia
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 08:04
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

I've made a commitment to myself to stick with CALP for a year, so I'm really glad to have the chance to sign up for a year of TDC.

I, Lynda, otherwise known as UpTheHill, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Lynda

I'm also counting on you all to be there to remind me that I feel so much healthier on CALP than I have on any other WOE, and if I start wandering off into poor eating habits it's just going to make me feel weak, sick, and crummy.

I made the following life decision back in November: I will write down everything I eat, every day. I will also weigh myself every day I am near my home scale and keep a computer record of my weight - regardless of whether I am dieting, maintaining, or off in the ditch. No judgement - just daily awareness.

For February and March, I made the commitment to do 10 jumping jacks and the Pilates modified beginner mat series every single day. I usually do get more exercise than that (since my dog is now trained to demand his 1/2 to 1 hour hill hike every day), and I'm increasing my Pilates ability, but my commitment is to be sure to do at least the minimum every day through March 31. (Then I'll re-evaluate and probably re-commit for 6 months.) I should be able to do this since I've only really committed to 5 min and 10 seconds worth of effort - all of which can be done in front of a TV.

Sometimes the next year seems like something huge and difficult to do. I want to lose about 100 lbs in that time and then move into maintaining my loss forever. But a year is going to pass no matter what, and the way I'm eating now feels like the way I really want to eat - instead of feeling like a diet. This morning, I had bacon cheeseburger green beans (ground beef, bacon, garlic, green beens, cheddar cheese - some days with sour cream) for breakfast! What am I going to do - quit this diet and go starve myself with a rice cake and lettuce leaf?

It sure feels better, though, going into this next year in the company of other people who's stats are a lot like my own, and hearing them be excited about the kind of things that lower weight people don't even think about. It's nice to know that other folks can understand the joy of one day noticing you can tie your shoes without your tum squeezing the breath out of you, and stuff like that.

It's going to be a good year for us.

Lynda
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 18:03
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Me too!

I would be delighted to join, and hereby take the pledge:

I Ruth, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend -Ruth.

Thanks so much, Cindi, for starting this!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 18:30

Stats: 234.5/207/130 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 26%

I Shannon , otherwise known as Star85 , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times . Your friend - Shannon

Great Idea Cindy! This should help me stick with this WOL
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 01:04

Plan: what feels right
Stats: 330/330/130 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Newbie takes the pledge!

I'm a complete newbie with a LONG way to go. I figure the best way to get there will be with a little help from my friends so here I am taking the pledge:

I, Donna , otherwise known as Calliope13 , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and all others, at all times. Your friend - Donna

This was a totally fantastic idea Cindi!! Just what I needed to get going and keep going strong.

Donna
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 11:52

Plan: MEAT AND LOTS OF GREEN VE
Stats: 292.7/280/180 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 11%

I GAP, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - GAP

Great idea Cindi...

GAP[/b]
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 14:19
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking I'm In!

Can you make room in here for one more?

I Carol, otherwise known as Carol CA, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Carol CA

What a great group!
Quote:
regardless of whether I am dieting, maintaining, or off in the ditch. No judgement - just daily awareness.
Lynda... that was a powerhouse post... but this was especially meaningful to me. Sometimes when I have a bad day, I'm tempted to not log my food honestly. But that sort of feeling is born out of guilt, self-judgement and shame. I admit that I don't always post my sins in my journal... but I'm always honest with myself in my Fitday log. I like what you said: "No judgement. Just daily awareness." Being conscious and aware is so key. It was my unconsciousness that got me to where I am weightwise. I feel I'm fully awake now... and want to stay that way!
Good luck to all of us!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 22:35

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile I'm in...

Great idea Cindi, my friend...And to everyone that has signed on to this thread thus far...

It's taken me a few days to get around to joining on with this thread, which has caused me to stop and analyze why... It seems really odd that I, forum cheerleader, would not have been on this from the get go. Yet something caused me to delay...

It's not that I don't intend to to continue LCing and living a healthy lifestyle. And I definately intend to be a member of this forum for another year because I take this very seriously and I love being a member and Moderator.

So I guess the real reason for the delay is my concern that I might somehow disappoint y'all if things fall apart...which also means that there's still a part of me that's waiting for the other shoe to drop as it has so many times and on so many diets in past.

But you know, I'm OK with that. Because it's when I get too confident...too sure of myself that I lose my focus. That's when it's fallen apart for me in the past. That's when I have let the carbs creep back in and take over. So I'm accepting that I still need to be really focused and that I'm not the master of this game. The carb monster lurks inside of me and I need the support of everyone here to keep me up on the precious LC wagon.

Therefore...

I Donald, otherwise known as DWRolfe, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Peace, love and good health to one and all. See you here for sure in 2004!

Donald
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 09:08

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Golly.. count me in!!

I agree. so many that I loved dearly.. and they are just gone.
So:
I Nedra, Otherwise known as PoofieD, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

what a great idea!!!!
Nedra
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 09:58

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Me too, me too!

I really like this idea too!

I Tracy, otherwise known as Vel, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

see you all around the forum
Tracy
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 10:00

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

count me in for the long run.

I, Christopher, otherwise known as Anybody, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Christopher
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 11:37

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

I can sympathize with all for those who were there at the beginning of my journey and now they are gone. Some with alot to lose some close to goal and some at goal. It will never be over for me even if this is and I hope the year I reach my goal. This a life long commitment to myself to eat healthier and take better care of myself.So therefore,

I Laurie, otherwise known as chemlady, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Laurie