Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 15:03

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

okay friends...finished my day 1 of couch to 5K and whew...I am not going to lie, IT KICKED MY BUTT!!!!!....I am used to walking 3 miles a day ( well when i wasnt being lazy)...but wow, I must really be out of shape...I did it, but I had to keep giving myself pep talks to keep on going....wowsers....and the new workout pants I bought this weekend...well my butt and thighs are bigger than my waist and they fit nicely there but are kinda baggy in the waist so I kept on pulling them up in the waist...lol..wow, I just have to say I made it, but it wasnt as easy as I thought...I am really out of shape, I was a huffing and a puffing...
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 15:23

Plan: Atkins, Newcastle
Stats: 260/221.8/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Highest weight 260
Progress: 40%

I just took a look at that 'Couch to 5K' program, and so far as I'm concerned you are in pretty good shape to even be able to do that first day's workout. I'd have to spend a few weeks just building up my walking miles before I even attempted that first day. Whew!
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 15:32

Thanks turtle, but I sure dont feel that way...:0(....I am so upset right now that I am a big cry baby and am thinking I need to go walk tonight or do something...I am sooooooooooo mad that I ever let my body get this out of shape...thank you for being so encouraging...
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 07:43

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

Morning ladies!
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 08:01

Hi momma...after my discouraging run after work i went and walked the track for about an hour and walked the bleachers....I am a bit sore today, but sore is good....Today is a rest day on the program...Scrambled eggs for lunch and curry chicken for dinner....Hope your having a good day....Hubby is on the road now on his way home until Thursday...Yeah....
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 09:31

BF:

I have to do it. I have to do it. I have to do it. This is what I'm going to be telling myself for a while. I need to make myself eat whenever I am at all hungry for the first week so I don' stray. I need to get a battery for my scale. Not having a scale is driving me crazy and making things worse.

I can't do much right now but I think you inspired me. Whenever I'm at the new house I'm gonna try to walk in the mornings before DH gets up for work.
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma-of-4
I have to do it. I have to do it. I have to do it. This is what I'm going to be telling myself for a while. I need to make myself eat whenever I am at all hungry for the first week so I don' stray. I need to get a battery for my scale. Not having a scale is driving me crazy and making things worse.

I can't do much right now but I think you inspired me. Whenever I'm at the new house I'm gonna try to walk in the mornings before DH gets up for work.

YOU CAN DO IT...i know you can...I believe in you..if i can do it, anyone can..together we can...you walking idea sounds perfect...no running for me today but just emailed my trainer and she said i could walk, just no run...so after work my butt is off to the track to walk..

have a great day, you can do it
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 11:18

BF:

What do you dip your steak in
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 11:43

Usually melted butter or sometimes ranch dressing with jalepenos cut up in it or daisy ( lowest carb i can find) sour cream,,,even now my son will dip his steak in sour cream..lol..
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 17:48

BF:

I melted butter with garlic for my steak but I couldn't taste it so I mixed in a little steak sauce. Day 2 down and I have some sugar free Jello for later. I am determined this time.
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 08:46

Good job momma I am proud of you.....I bet lynn is having a good time on vacation....not sure what happened to sexy....our board is quiet anymore...

I am trying something new today, I had some breakfast...someone mentioned on days I ran to have a little something that maybe i would feel better after i run...so i just had a piece of string cheese and 2 slices of summer sausage...as long as it is zero carb i am ok with having it...

We are expecting storms soon, so if that happens i will be running indoors after work..I am a bit sore today, but walked 3 miles last night...

Stay strong today, will be back soon to see if your on
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 09:04

BF:

Glad your doing good. I'm glad you had breakfast. I always felt better when working out if I had a lite breakfast.

I'm good. I have a Dr. appointment today. It's gonna rain but at least I don't have to take any kids. I need to clean the house before my mom comes to babysit. I know that this may be hard for a few days so I have LOTS of LC meals planed. I have leftover steak and I'm making hot wings tonight and bought string cheese and pepperoni to snack on. Kinda scared to see what I way at the Dr. today.
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 09:10

Dont worry about the scales...my dr scales always have me heavier than mine at home...just go by how your clothes fit and how you are feeling...dont let them get you discouraged...good job on being prepared and having food ready, that helps staying on plan...I am a bit up on the scales today...someone said that might be from all the exercise and muscle holding water..i sure hope so...i hope the eating breakfast does help some and not hurt as i never eat in the morning
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 09:49

BF:

I put a few batteries in my scale and it's still not working. I will have to buy a new one and try it cause they were ones I had. I am a HUGE scale addict so not having it is killing me. I wouldn't worry about the gain. I bet it's just temporary for working out.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 10:19

I love my old number scales...I hated our digital ones, I never got the same number twice even when it was in the same room same place etc...so i dug out our old ones with the dial and the numbers and love it,,,no ounces, just pounds and no bouncing up and down between numbers

good luck at the doctors...

It still looks like it will storm here any minute
Closed Thread