Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:01
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 185/180/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I'm going to try for 0 carbs this week...anyone done the meat fast?
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:03

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by akph88
Well today is the big day...weigh in...the results...9 pounds lost . I am happy as a clam with that. I finished today at 14 carbs. I am really going to try and lower my carbs this week. I think I am doing a great job so far, like I said this is a learning process. So a 9 pound loss makes me happy.Well I will check back in tomorrow good luck to you all and happy losing.

CONGRATS GF...I have been waiting to hear your news....thats greattttttttttttttttttt....we are proud of you....you have done sooooooo goood.....Keep it up, that is wonderful success......sometime will you post some of your menus, I would like to see some of what others are eating, might give me some new ideas...Your doing great, keep it up.....CONGRATS AGAIN.....Stacy
  #108   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnellyk
I'm going to try for 0 carbs this week...anyone done the meat fast?

Quite a few of us on here do the meat fast....I have many days where I am zero carb and will this week have many days like that...We also have a meat/egg thread on here where we post at as well....

I will be zero carb tue/thur/sat this week and doing meat fast.....the other days I will be having a protein shake for breakfast and be hitting 5 carbs
  #109   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:10

Plan: My own version of LC
Stats: 245/224/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:Since 4/4/2010
Progress: 18%
Default Yuck!

I am just popping back in to say hello for this evening. I am not feeling too well today. I just havent had much of an appetite. For Supper hubby fixed me 2 hamburger patties but it was all I could do to choke even one of them down. I had about 1/4 C. Green Beans, I couldnt even hardly enjoy my Cream Cheese today. I just felt like everything tasted so bland today. I dont know, I guess I need to vary my eating again somewhat. I guess my taste buds are just getting bored again. I have gotten to where I am afraid of veggies though. I didnt know Broccoli contained so many carbs, I thought it was really low in carbs till I checked the pkg. Ughhhhhh......I hope tomorrow is a better day. Night all!
  #110   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:13

Plan: My own version of LC
Stats: 245/224/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:Since 4/4/2010
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn.Fit
OMG Gwen

What is your secret. I would have guessed you at no older than 20. Good luck to you on your WOE. Do you do mostly M&E like Stacy?

Thanks to the both of you who commented on me not looking my age! I certainly "feel" my age though.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgwen
I am just popping back in to say hello for this evening. I am not feeling too well today. I just havent had much of an appetite. For Supper hubby fixed me 2 hamburger patties but it was all I could do to choke even one of them down. I had about 1/4 C. Green Beans, I couldnt even hardly enjoy my Cream Cheese today. I just felt like everything tasted so bland today. I dont know, I guess I need to vary my eating again somewhat. I guess my taste buds are just getting bored again. I have gotten to where I am afraid of veggies though. I didnt know Broccoli contained so many carbs, I thought it was really low in carbs till I checked the pkg. Ughhhhhh......I hope tomorrow is a better day. Night all!

Sis, here is a good place online that I like to look up the carb count of anything....maybe this will help next time if you need to know a count...you can find all foods there in the search box

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/li...are-in-that.php
  #112   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:19
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks ljsmom for sharing your thoughts/tips on the meat fast business. I think my body wants NO carbs and am even doing a yeast cleanse just in case... the idea to alternate days sounds more do-able, and I was wondering about where I could stick in some eggs for variety! I think I'll try your regimen!
  #113   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgwen

Here is a site I use to look up the carb count of stuff...Not sure if you had any sites like this that you used...You can find any foods in the search box..Maybe this will help next time...its ok, tomorrow will be great....

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/li...are-in-that.php

here is another one I use:
http://caloriecount.about.com/
  #114   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 06:11
Registered Member

BF:

Happy Monday! (ugh, back to the office )
Today starts my resolve to go 0 to 10 carbs (I would like to stick with 0 but I may have to be a little lenient with myself!
Thanks for the links to quick carb counts, sparked up ideas for a tiny bit of variety so I don't slit my wrists.

Hoping to remain patient and undisturbed, I work with substance abusing and mental health clients (ha!)...

Hope you all have a great day, thanks for your inspiration and support!
  #115   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 06:20

I brought my happy dance friends along this morning as I was feeling good and I stepped on the scales and I WAS DOWN...Down 3 pounds from last Monday when I divorced the scales...I broke my stall..I just felt good after having some extremely good strict, clean eating days that the scales were going to be moving, so on them I stepped...I am now down to 195 which is a total of a 57 pound loss since 2/1...I am joining in the happy dance...Of course those of you who know me, wont count it until tomorrow as I dont count a loss, until I see it for 2 full days, I hate bounces and dont count them..thats just my personal stubborness...but today I will celebrate it....

I am back to my strict, clean eating like I did in Feb/March and was dropping the most pounds...Meat, meat and more meat...no cheese, no as etc....

On another note, this week is National Fallen Officers Week so if you see a firefighter/police officer thank them for what they do for us...My husband and I are very passionate about this occupation both of us coming from families in this field.

I hope everyone saw great losses this morning and is having a great morning...
  #116   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 06:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnellyk
Thanks ljsmom for sharing your thoughts/tips on the meat fast business. I think my body wants NO carbs and am even doing a yeast cleanse just in case... the idea to alternate days sounds more do-able, and I was wondering about where I could stick in some eggs for variety! I think I'll try your regimen!

You really can stick in eggs just about anywhere you would like...I honestly just got finished doing 2 rounds of an egg fast and am not real keen on eggs right now...lol...I do however once in awhile crave bacon and eggs or sauage and eggs or an omelette with bacon and sausage....Eggs have .7 carbs, so they still keep your carb count low...bacon is zero and I have found a sauage that I love that is zero also...so a good hearty meal with 2 eggs and both meats would be 1.4 carbs, not bad at all...

The reason I am alternating my days, is I really am loving this protein treat stuff i am making in a bowl...but it is 5 carbs and I dont want it everyday...on those days, ( like today) I will have meat only the rest of the day to make it a 5 carb day total...I will have that for breakfast

On the days I dont have that for breakfast, I will skip breakfast as I am not usually a breakfast eater....I just read a good article that it is ok on some days to eat 1 or 2 meals of good meats and not another meal...I looked back on my feb meals when I was dropping most of my weight and there were MANY days I ate only once or twice...It worked for me...

Is this your first time doing very low carb??....JoAnn that comes in here really can help she has been doing it as long as I have and lcgwen is very low carb also...we also have some new friends that just joined the thread that is having great success that would help if you have questions...

If you would like feel free to post your menus, I post mine daily...It gives others ideas and also helps keep me accountable....Nice to have you here and have a great Monday....Stacy
  #117   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 07:46

Plan: VLC
Stats: 168/145/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Cool thread, it sure has grown fast! I'll have to catch up!
  #118   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 17:13

Oh it about killed me tonight....It is cold and stormy and rainy here so tonight for dinner I made my family homemade baked potato soup with bacon and cheese and onions and homemade corn bread..Yum, I was soooooooooooo drooling...........
  #119   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 18:31

Hi friends.....First off I would like to remind everyone again that this week is national fallen heros week for police and firefighters...Please take a minute to rememeber the heros who have in the past and who do presently sacrifice for us all everyday,,,,

Next, thank you for everyone who sent kind words and prayers for my step mom...She came through the surgery fine..She got pins in her wrist and has a cast up to her shoulder...She will be in a cast for 6-8 weeks...Dad said she is in some pain tonight and I am sure our cool, rainy storms we are having here is not helping...Dad said she is most upset that she cannot get in their pool or help with yard work for 2 months...She loves to tend to their flowers and swim in the pool....I am trying to help them as much as I can...

Hubby will be home tomorrow night until Thursday and guess what, I am not cranky..lol...

I am tired tonight with a bit of a headache,,,this weather plays havoc on my migraines...

I am hoping my weight stays at 195 in the morning so I can change my stats... ..Thanks to all my friends who helped and supported me, even when I did not believe in myself....You know who you are, I cannot name you all...

I ate clean today,. very clean

My Menu:
B: Protein in a bowl stuff ( protein powder, sf syrups, cool whip) 5 carbs
L: Burger patty with mustard
D: Burger patty with mustard/spicy sausage patty

Carb Count: 5
No cheese today....yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Here are my numbers.....Some of you veterans, can comment please:

Calories: 1262
Fat: 79.3 ( isnt that high?)
Carbs: 5
Protein: 117

Percentages:Fat 58%
Protein 40%
Carbs 2%

I hope you all have a great night....Lets hope for a biggggggggggggg loss tomorrow...I will check the scales, but then after that no scales for a week, we are STILL divorced...luv to all....

Last edited by ljsmom : Mon, May-10-10 at 19:50.
  #120   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 21:10

Stats: 275/265/125 Female 5'4''
BF:started 11-28-2010
Progress: 7%
Default Fatbegone

Well day 9 and still going strong. I have had a tummy ache. I think I may be in beef overload ( I had 2 steaks today ) I am trying to keep my carbs a little lower this week, however I don't plan on having steak all week. I have some chicken marinating and plan on fixing it tomorrow. I'm also going to make some home made egg drop soup. I hope a change of food will help my tummy. I am already excited about my weigh in this week. Well gals stay strong and keep on losing. I will check back in tomorrow