Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 06:51

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

I would be LOST without my pill sorter! Because I've had weight loss surgery, I actually take supplements 4 times every day, so I have two big 30-day vitamin sorters; each one has 30 individual days with 4 slots per day. I sort out my vitamins 6 times a year this way. When I get up in the morning to take my first dose, I add in anything else I need - like right now, I'm on an antibiotic 4 times a day, so I add that to each slot for the day so I don't forget. And I'm taking colace right now, so I add that in, too.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 07:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

I am surprised they are talking about an induction that's over a month away. I have no issue with induction for legitimate reasons.

I think closer monitoring of your baby AND THEN scheduling an induction after there are logical medical reasons (BP is increasing, protein in your urine, baby with macrosomia).

Inductions can be VERY necessary. I'm a labor nurse, I know that... I just know that I PERSONALLY prefer to deliver with as few drugs/interventions as possible- so I avoid induction unless medically necessary.

It sounds like your priorities are straight-- healthy baby is most important, everything else is secondary
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 11:19

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi guys, I've still been reading but haven't had much to add lately.

Congrats Jill!! I'm glad your baby is healthy and happy!

Still TTC here. I ovulated 9/10 days ago and will be testing for the first time tomorrow - maybe. I haven't had any symptoms yet and had had tons by this point with my last pregnancy. That doesn't worry me too much since they say every pregnancy is different, but today I've been getting some AF cramps and symptoms and it really feels like my period is close. I hope not, this is my fourth cycle TTC and it's starting to get to me. But there's still hope, so we'll see!
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 16:31

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good luck and baby dust to you!!

I had a pill sorter for my vitamins already just didn't figure I needed it for a couple pills at night. Makes me feel better to have it!!

Yeah I'm not too hot on inducing a week early without a good reason. I'm not measuring big at all and my bs numbers are really great. My bp is really under control too.
I'm measuring right on schedule also. The selfish part of me is thinking wow yay a week less of being pregnant and having the gd!! The Mommy in me is uuuummm not a brilliant plan.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 20:04

BF:

35 weeks pregnant, baby heart rate is perfect, and fundus is measuring spot on. They checked me today because I've been contracting so much and I'm 2cm dilated/50% effaced. You can stay like that for weeks, I know, but I am contracting like crazy still. If it keeps it up/gets more painful, I am calling the midwife. This is NOT a good time. I've been contracting so much more the last few weeks than my first baby.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 00:48

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

Katzue - Have you got someone around to look after your little one? Sound like you need to really rest up, also have you been tested for a water infection? That can cause preterm labour xxxxxx
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 06:28

BF:

Wow Katzue you're sounding like me!! this is my 3rd and I've been having some major contractions but not with any rhyme or reason. so not enough to go to the Doctor about.
We are both 35 weeks. This is too early.
Having a UTI test might not be a bad idea. I'm prone to them during pregnancy and I take cranberry supplements everyday. I also believe dehydration can cause pre-term labor. I had to quit my morning iced tea because I kept showing up dehydrated. Shoot seems to be a regular thing for me maybe the diabetes? Who knows.
Call your midwife it will make you feel better!
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 13:00

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Katzue, sorry about all the contractions. I had preterm labor at 25 weeks with my first and it was scary! There are things they can do if necessary, though, so if you get too many you call someone.

Holy wow, I'm pregnant!! After four cycles it finally happened, yippie!
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 13:18

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

LC-Laur Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 18:45

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
Holy wow, I'm pregnant!! After four cycles it finally happened, yippie!

Congrats!!
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 18:46

BF:

LCLaur: Congratulations!

Kayla: I drink tons of water, I'm a L&D nurse so I will call/go in if they get painful, but I am having painless ctx between 4 minutes and 10 minutes apart... constantly. About 6 a day are pretty painful adn wrap around to my back and I feel significant pressure. The rest are just belly tightening. If they get more regular or more frequently painful, I will go in. They dipped my urine on Monday and tehre was no protein, ketones, or WBCs so I'm good.

Wildeone: I'm staying with my mom while DH is gone on army business. She is very helpful with my son, but all day long I'm running after him The contractions don't really stop at night though, so I'm not sure it's the movement.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 22:12

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Katzue~sounds like you're on top of things. hopefully it's just braxton hicks

LC-laur~congrats!!!
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 12:19

Stats: 205/167/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello everyone! Hope you don't mind me joining in?

My name is Bec, I'm 29 living in the East Midlands with my soldier boyfriend. I've been LC-ing for three weeks and wish I'd started sooner! We are going to start TTC next month, my boyfriend is very apprehensive about it all but I'm sure we are as ready as we will ever be

Really hope I can share your TTC/pregnancy stories and hopefully add mine to the list eventually? Xx
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 15:04

BF:

Hey the more the merrier!! Good luck and baby dust to you!!
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-12, 15:58

BF:

Walnut: You are very very soon aren't you?

Kayla; any update?

I am 36 weeks today and 199.8 I have been contracting too much and my husband gets home on Friday, so baby stay in there until Friday, but I am hoping for a 38 weeker baby!