Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-11, 21:21

Plan: HCG R2 10/17/11
Stats: 176/159.6/155 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 78%

Well, I heard exactly what I expected to hear today....pain management injections first. That's a good thing. MRI showed extreme inflammation of the nerve so this will calm things down. then...we wait and see. The back...severe "stenosis" the fix??? Back Surgery. Laminectomy.....not yet....ohhhh noooo. The hip??? advanced arthritis....solution???? Hip Replacement. Ahhhhh.....not now. so, everything hinges on how much relief and for how long I get results from the injections. Nooo.....not eating cake or ice cream. I had some chicken, with some gucamole and green salsa. Yes...a couple of glasses of white wine. Oh Well.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 06:35

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Doxie, I hope you find some relief. After my dauhters back injury I spent months at a physical therapy pool. The pool was full of people who had back surgery and they spoke of the huge improvements after the fact. It made me feel so much better knowing that some day my daughter may have to have rods put in. Medical technology has come a long way. I hope you don't have to have the surgery but if you do, know that it will be ok. The one thing that helped my daughter leaps and bounds was the decrease in swelling around the nerves. The inflamtion bothered her way more then the broken bones. I'll say a prayer for you! Once that swelling comes down, you'll feel much better!!

I went to bed at 7:30 last night. It was the only way to keep from drinking wine then eating cookies. I was in such a bad mood. I know it's only hair! The comments by my family didn't help. " It will grow back", " it looks different mom". Yeah that's the look I was going for LOL.

On a positive note my weight was 147.2. I have to pinch myself that it's not really 187.2. That was my weight 4 years ago.

Enough about me, how are you guys. I chat way to much.

Last edited by kelleygirl : Wed, Jul-27-11 at 06:43.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 06:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Doxie, it's never easy to have severe pain. The best of luck to you and get better soon!

Kelleygirl! poor you! I know what you're going through.... long story short. last year my mother went for a haircut, she'd been growing her hair for MANY years and went for colouring. Her hairdresser had came back from a party and was high on something..... chopped off chunks of her hair. it wasn't pretty.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-11, 15:15

BF:

I took my employees out for lunch today. I was worried about my diet. Some people get HCG and others don't. I didn't want to defend myself if that makes since. I was able to order a small salad and bunless burger. No one noticed that I was eating light. I had a nice time with out feeling like I was missing out. I'm getting use to this no wine thing as well.

Maybe they didn't notice because they were focused on my bad hair cut LOL
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-11, 19:03

BF:

Kelleygirl..... my old hair would of gotten the attention. I still had the good ol' punk hair until last month. Geez, talk about being decades behind. LOL
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 07:46

BF:

Justin, Punk Hair!! Was it spiked and pink??

I have not excercised in a month. Uggg, I need to get motivated. Maybe when I'm on vacation. They have a great Gym. Nothing more motivating then a swimsuit.

So where is everyone??? Startinova, Lisa, Doxie where are u guys??
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 08:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Justin, Punk Hair!! Was it spiked and pink??

I have not excercised in a month. Uggg, I need to get motivated. Maybe when I'm on vacation. They have a great Gym. Nothing more motivating then a swimsuit.

So where is everyone??? Startinova, Lisa, Doxie where are u guys??

Good Morning everyone!!!!!
I slept last nite and am up having coffee and no pain as long as I'm not moving. Guess I'll just sit in bed all day with my laptop...hahaha
Actually, I have a big family thing I'm hosting this weekend. I spent the past few days cooking so that I can visit with them, No BBQ..I end up doing that. We are having Chinese chicken salad and I found these butterflied tempura shrimp at Costco for tonite and tomorrow is Fiesta nite..tostada bar!!!
I made everything and just have to put it out....which my son and his fiance can help with. The BF is basically worthless in this area so he can keep the talking going ...which is his strength!!!!!!!!
So, I have a few things up my sleeve which I will share next week. My head is in a better place knowing I will get some treatment. As you all can see I haven't been my sometimes funny self!!!!!

Justin.....I have the morning news on and somewhere there was a 5 car accident involving a Bentley, Mercedes, Aston Martin and two other cars. The Bentley created it. Must have been Monaco hahaha.
Well, I may not post again because the clan will arrive this afternoon....have a good LC weekend....
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 10:30

BF:

Kelleygirl, worse... it was blonde in the middle with blue spots.... and yes it was spiked. Now it's short and looks sophisticated. I could just cry, I want my hair back. LOL

You're right, nothing more motivating than a swimsuit. I've been lettin' myself go for 3 weeks now, I need motivation badly. I had lost 50lbs and gained over 5 in just weeks.
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 10:31

BF:

Wow Doxie, all expensive cars... I bet they were racing to see which one had the fastest engine. lol

Good luck with the weekend Doxie. Take care for now.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 14:02

BF:

Have fun Doxie. Sounds like a good menu. I hope you can relax so that the pain stays away. Put everyone else to work.

Justin, that sounds awesome. Post some pictures. I'm getting use to my hair. One thing it's much easier. My long hair took at least 45 minutes to dry and style. I was done in 15 minutes this morning.

Just went for my weigh in and I'm down to 146.6. I decided to take a one week break from HCG when in Mexico then continue it for an additional three weeks. I want to go below 140 because I know that I will naturally gain 5 back. I'm being realistic. Now I just have to keep from gaining 50 back. My heads in the game right now and I want to hit my goal.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 16:32

BF:

One week in Mexico, you'll have fun!
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 07:36

BF:

I tried something last night. Crazy I realize but I had two planned glasses of wine. I wanted to see how it effected me. I wanted to know if I could stop, if it still held it's power etc. I thought I'd do it while in the comfort of my own home and not try it in Mexico.

Well let just say I felt like I was drinking poison. It didn't taste as good as I thought it would. I felt sick and dizzy. I am so glad this happened. Maybe I won't pick up where I left off afterall.

Startinova, are you back from your trip??

Doxie, I hope you have fun with your family today.

Lisa, Justin, what are you doing this weekend??
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 09:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
I tried something last night. Crazy I realize but I had two planned glasses of wine. I wanted to see how it effected me. I wanted to know if I could stop, if it still held it's power etc. I thought I'd do it while in the comfort of my own home and not try it in Mexico.

Well let just say I felt like I was drinking poison. It didn't taste as good as I thought it would. I felt sick and dizzy. I am so glad this happened. Maybe I won't pick up where I left off afterall.

Startinova, are you back from your trip??

Doxie, I hope you have fun with your family today.

Lisa, Justin, what are you doing this weekend??

Morning......kellygirl I sent yoi a PM......did you see iy>
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 15:49

BF:

Kelleygirl, agreed. You don't miss it after a while, tastes like garbage. I can't even touch wine anymore and omg, beer is even worse.

As for this weekend, I have no idea. Feeling a bit depressed and could just eat potato chips all weekend long. lol
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-11, 09:24

BF:

You know what you need Justin, exercise. I know that doesn't sound like fun but it will boost your mood. You always feel better after. I should talk I haven't hit the gym in a month. OK Partner, you and I need to be each others exercise buddy. I'll go if you go.

I was so energized yesterday and made great use of it. I cleaned my house from top to bottom. I scrubbed all my floors on my hands and knees ( let me state that dog of mine is in big trouble!! small puddles in hidden corners!). I even cleaned my teenage son's room. I wondered where all his cloths went. Under his bed is a scary place but now it all smells like Pinesole.

I'm packed for my trip including my bathroom scale. Hopefully my husband doesn't throw it out when I'm not looking. I'm packing all this frozen food. My son has food allergies so I baked all his favorite stuff and plan on packing it. I hope nothing gets booted out.