Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/169/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Good Morning. It felt great to sleep in today.

3-21-08: 195
Goal Weight(for month) : 188
Left to lose: 7
Might not make it, but still working on it!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 10:27

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%

Shirley, I do not know how young people, such as yourself, afford college at all. I can't imagine being a student, a young mother and trying to carry the financial burden all at the same time. My heart and admiration go out to you.

My son is planning on going to grad school. I think he has it in his head that he'll go to Yale so he can live here for free, work as a personal trainer (he's working on his certification) locally and bank the money. He's such a great kid I actually wouldn't mind. Although, frankly, mostly what I envision is the additional expense of more college. My dd will be in college at the same time and I don't even want to think about how we're going to cover the cost of both of them at the same time (and eating spaghetti to save money is out, lol).

Ouch, I would hate to have to be around people eating a favorite food of mine. Luckily for me, I'm alone most of the time, which makes making the right choices fairly easy. Weekends tend to be tough because I have my dd and friends around who all want pizza. I'm usually okay with that but, sometimes it's hard if I'm having one of my "hungry" days.

Glad to hear you're still on track. Obviously I shot any chance for making my original goal for the month by my own irresponsible actions. What I do know is that no matter what happens with my weight, the wonderful physical and mental benefits of lc just can't be denied. So, weight loss, even if it is slow, is still really just a side benefit of lc.

Glad to hear you got to sleep in. I dare say you needed it big time. Have a great day.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 13:33

BF:

HI all. I went to the gym...3rd time this week...buttoday was feeling so great..I stayed almost 2 hours. Mostly I do cardio, and I took it slow, but it was nice.

Jones, I couldnt imagine paying for two college tuitions, but it would be great for your son to go ahead and get his advanced degree early. I wish I wouldnt have waited because it is hard working, having a son in hs, a toddler, going to school on weekends (not to mention writing a thesis!!!) and if it weren't for my dh..oooh. He does work swing shift, so when he's on second, IT IS SO DIFFICULT!!! But only 9 weeks left of this school..and I graduate in August! Starting April 1st, I am going to be stricter becuase I really want to be in the 170's ( I dont care if it's 179) before the end of the school year! Well I am off to work in the yard! Hope to hear from you all soon!
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 07:22

March 2 155
Restart 3/17
3/17 156.5 Cals. 1185 Net Carbs 21
3/18 155.5 Cals. 1380 Net Carbs 26
3/19 154.5 Cals. 1324 Net Carbs 17
3/20 153.5 Cals. 1085 Net Carbs 21
3/21 152 Cals. 1355 Net Carbs 11 (weird eating day)
3/22 152.5

Goal for 3/24 153
Goal for 3/31 150
April Goal 140 by 4/26

Last edited by Jones : Sat, Mar-22-08 at 07:44.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 07:43

Shirley, I just quit my gym because I'd rather work out here. We have a gym in the house. Of course, I haven't started yet, oops. You're inspiring me though so, maybe, today?

We've talked to my son about going to grad school his whole life, so, for him, it's just naturally the next step. He's planning on getting an MBA and a master's in computer science engineering, his major now.

Again, you are amazing, work, school, a son in hs, toddler, thesis, husband, holy stress, Batman! At least the end, of school anyway, is in sight.

I feel the same way about getting in to the 140's. It's a huge psychological boost to me. I've been 153 for years now, give or take 5 lbs. I'm sick of it.
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 09:35

BF:

HI! Went to gym again today..just got back. It felt great. I am actually down 2 pounds this am. YEAH!!!
Starting weight:
3-1: 198
3-22: 193
Pounds to lose for March: 5....Who knows!

Jones,
My Dh and I were talking this morning about how did I gain this weight, I was very thin when I was young. I was athletic and always stayed busy. Well, Went I went back to school, we moved and I went through a depression and just ate and stayed home. When I started teaching, It actually got better, but by then I was up to 180I didnt get over 200 till my last pregnancy, but its been on for two years now (except for the prior two times I ate this way). So, I havent been in the 170's since around 2003. I am 5'8" and can carry weight pretty well I guess. NObody can ever believe I weigh what I do. I always trip up the people at the fairs who are experts in weight. But I want to be healthy and not have to take my bp meds. Well thanks for listening and for the encouraging words.

Ok, for next week... I am eating stricter than I have yet. I am going to try to stay away from sweetend diet drinks, and I am going to try not to eat after 7:00!

Last edited by shirleyt1 : Sat, Mar-22-08 at 13:14.
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 10:37

Plan: No bad carbs
Stats: 228/159/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Start wt 179.8
March 1....179.8
March 4....180.0...Tom is coming!!
March 5...183
March 7..181.8
March 9.180.6
March 10...182
March 12...180.8
March 13...181
March 15...180
March 17...182 I keep fluctuating!!!
March 20....180.6
March 22....179.4 Whew! I finally started my TOM..what a relief!! I was late!

Made a veggie lasagna and ate it too late the other night, woke up at 2am with indegestion and loose bowels...this continued until 1030 in the morn still belching garlicky crap....I decided to just eat light for the evening meal and have lite snack if needed. I sleep better and feel better the next am....will I ever learn???

Fitting into my new tight jeans and shirt that aren't tight anymore....even loose!!! Yah for me. Would love to lose 10 pounds before my Florida vacation next month. I think I would be a size 12 then. That's such an exciting thought, I'm tearing up..sniff sniff.

You all have a lovely Easter and step away from the chocolate bunny!!! Dee
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 13:21

BF:

Hi Dee,
I think you look great now...I too get sick if I eat too late...Veggie lasagna sounds great! I think you could lose 10 pounds in a month. I am really going to tighten things up for next month. My Dh and I bought our first house last year, so we have a pool now, and I would love to be in the 170's by summer. By end of summer even less... I actually have some size 12's in my closet..cant fit them although believe it or not..I do have on some 14's today! It's crazy how a few inches makes a difference!
BTW..I just got back from town with the boy's easter candy, and it didnt even tempt me!
Have a great weekend you all!!!
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 16:52

Dee, you are beautiful. What an incredible transformation. You, Shirley and I are losing 10 lbs. by the end of April. Sounds like we're all working the program, so it will happen. Also, ditto on the late night eating, not good. Hope you're feeling better.

Shirley, 2 lbs., FANTASTIC! I am sooooo happy for you. You do carry your weight really well. It's so obvious from your pics and you're so pretty. It's nice when the weight is spread out over the whole body. It's also nice when it comes off that way. It's a bummer how easy it is to gain weight, and then throw a pregnancy on top of it, and it's a wonder any of us ever make it back. And, periodic depression, don't even get me started.

I'm always surprised at how fast time goes by. No one could have convinced me that I would carry this extra weight for so, so many years. I just wouldn't have believed it. But, now is our time to get rid of it for good. Oh yeah, I cut out the Pepsi One this time because I think it slows me down, even just one a day. I'm drinking only water.

I am so glad, for my sake, that I don't have to do Easter baskets anymore. Although, from a mommy standpoint, I miss the excitement that goes with the Easter bunny, carrots and parsley on a plate, the little surprise gifts hidden in the basket along with the candy, Easter egg hunts, coloring eggs, the squeals and laughter.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 17:08

Plan: Atkins, IF
Stats: 214/214/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

3/1 weight: 205
Todays weight: 200
Goal for 4/1: 195
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 19:20

BF:

Steph..you and I are at the same place. We can do it, but even if we dont...we are still losing!

Jones, I am so glad that you are here. You make me smile and feel great! My oldest..15..knows (dont know how) that we are really the easter bunny!!! Now we do celebrate the reason for easter, but It is fun making the baskets and having the kids go hunt for eggs. . (so, I dont know what I will do after the lil one is grown..oh..Ill probaly be a grandmother then..with 13 years between the two!!!) My mom hasnt talked to me since she found out I wasnt going to GA for Easter, but I am seriously tired, and I do not want to spend so much on gas...It is 3.09 here!!! I know it is higher other places, but either way!!!!
Well, it is so great having you all...It would be so much harder without all of you!
Tammy S!!!

Last edited by shirleyt1 : Sat, Mar-22-08 at 19:23. Reason: GRAMMAR!!!
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 14:54

HAPPY EASTER - HE IS RISEN

Steph, see you lost another lb. since your last post; that's great!

Shirley, if you're a granny then everyone will come to your house for Easter and the traditions will endure. My dd said she felt sad this morning because it didn't feel like Easter without a basket. We went to church (Southern Baptist, not a lot of us up here) and out to lunch. I did keep up the illusion of the Easter bunny and Santa way longer than most. I was even so bad as to tell my children when they asked why other kids said there was no Santa, that those kids were probably bad (wicked me!) and Santa didn't go to their houses anymore. My kids fell for that until they were 13 or 14.

Sorry to hear your Mom isn't handling your staying home for Easter very well. I can well imagine how tired you must be.

As for gas, I stopped looking at the price. I pay with a speed pass and leave the receipt in the machine. I don't drive much outside of town. I used to drive back and forth to Virginia about five times a year to visit my parents. They started worrying about me on the road alone and now pay for me to fly, which is wonderful. I fly out of a small airport about 25 minutes from here, a quick layover at Dulles, and right in to Charlottesville. It's irresistibly easy and convenient. My dad was hospitalized several times over the last three years and I had to get there quick and stay indefinitely. The worst was 2 years ago when I was there from the beginning of Dec. until New Year's. Missing Christmas, which is a huge deal around here, was awful. That's what started the flying and it would be hard to go back to driving. Although, I have to go back at the end of May and I'm thinking about driving so I can take my dog. His little heart breaks when I'm gone for 5 minutes, much less a couple of weeks. I fly some serious puddle-jumpers which don't have a safe (climate controlled) place for a dog. He has serious separation issues because I was gone so much while he was young. Actually, now that I think about it, today's his 3rd birthday. He's a gorgeous, black miniature poodle named Rebel Lee Jackson. Can you tell I'm a displaced southerner?

You cracked me up big time- Edited - Reason - Grammer. Sometimes I go back multiple times fixing grammer and spelling errors.

March 2 155
Restart 3/17
3/22 152.5 Cals. 1265 Net Carbs 17
3/23 152.5 (if I hold on until tomorrow - wahoo, 1st goal met)

Goal for 3/24 153
Goal for 3/31 150
April Goal 140 by 4/26
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 03:04

BF:

Hi All,
Easter went great! I did talk to my family, and we had a great time at home with the boys...so why am I up at 4 am when we have one more day off? Well, I did eat more carbs that I planned. Thats all Im saying about that!!! (I prob wont weigh for a day or two either...lol) Plus my throat is killing me..we were outdoors all weekend, so I dont know.
Jones, I have not ever even been on a plane...its not that I wouldn't...I just havent. And we are just alike as far as holidays...My oldest believed in santa until I thought this year...but it must have really been last year. I think it really is special...anf fun. Love your dog's name. We just got our first dog for my son's 2nd birthday. He is rotten...He is a chocolate lab, and I think he has trippled in size in the last month. Well, I am going to try to go to the gym..if I cant fall back asleep.. Sticking with my goal to eat stricter this week.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 06:58

March 2 155
Restart 3/17
3/22 152.5 Cals. 1265 Net Carbs 17
3/23 152.5 Cals. 1233 Net Carbs 28
3/24 152.5 (now on to next goal)

Goal for 3/24 153 (met)
Goal for 3/31 150
April Goal 140 by 4/26

Huge Greek salad for lunch yesterday. I had to guess #'s. It's possible my carbs weren't so high but, since I'm not down today, maybe they were.

Back later to comment.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 09:08

BF:

Good afternoon now I guess. I did go back to bed, then my toddler woke me up at 8. Not too bad...he was ready too go see his pup. Jones.I love Greek Salads! I actually bought me some feta Satuday to try to make my own at home.
Well officially off to gym. Hate going this late when I have so much to do, but I have to get those yucky carbs out of my system from yesterday!!! Check back in later!
Counting today: 9 days till April 1st!!! Maybe I can get under 190!!!!

Last edited by shirleyt1 : Mon, Mar-24-08 at 09:09. Reason: Cannot spell...glad I teach science!