Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jul-13-06, 10:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

I just used a really big zucchini and cut it in 1/4" lengthwise slices. I saute'd them in a little olive oil, 'til just tender. Then I used my regular recipe, but substituted the zuc.s for pasta. I also used my homemade, cooked tomatoe sauce 'cause I knew it didn't have sugar in it. I think there are some lasagna recipes in the kitchen section on this forum also.
I'm thinking zucchini may freeze okay cut into slices like that also, so I think whenever I have one that "suddently appears out of nowhere" & is bigger than I like for most things, I may try slicing and freezing.
Cats
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jul-18-06, 08:15

Well, I blew it BIG TIME yesterday. Had such a pounding headache because I need new glasses & now something's going on with my teeth. Could hardly wait to get home & bury my head in a pillow, BUT I have to turn at the corner where the "Dairy Delight" is - I was "drawn" into it. Had a butterfinger blizzard. And now, that I've had 1, I'm afraid I'm gonna' give in again and again. It was so darn good. And at the moment I'm back to feeling like who give a ___________ what I look like anyway.
This is really stupid or me - just when I was getting myself going on the walking thing. Why walk if I'm gonna' eat blizzards?
Hope everyone else is doing good in this HOT Nebraska weather.
Cats
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jul-18-06, 13:18

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

Everyone has had the feelings you are having now, Cats! Just stay the course and keep your chin up, tomorrow is another day.

Who could blame you for wanting a Blizzard when it's 105 outside?!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 09:45

Did everyone survive the heat yesterday? The news last PM said the "official" high in Lincoln yesterday was 108!!!
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 11:54
Losing It!!!

Plan: 6/26 switch to M&E
Stats: 223/192/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 42%

Wow, this heat is horrible. As long as we are confessing....

We went to the opening ceremonies of the cornhuskerstate games in Lincoln on Fri nite and I thoght that was bad - no shade I did stay on plan.

Then Saturday and Sunday I was at the waterski tourney in the middle of a field outside of Syracuse. No shade there either, and no plumbing, no electricity, no modern buildings - you get the picture. I blew it big time and had godfathers. Then on sunday I had nachos, chips and pretzels. Then Sunday I had some sweetcorn and a steak for dinner.

I was good on Mon and Tues then last nite I had about 6 glasses of white wine and a beer. Andthe AC in my car stopped working yesterday...

Down 4 lbs. Must be the heat!!!

Anyway, I am hoping for a big cool down tomorrow.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 14:20

No Cheatin - you did all those no, no's AND LOST 4 lbs. (Not fair) But it sounds like you've really been on the go, and in that heat. Ugh!
Well last night I managed to get past the Dairy Delight, but had decided to make an LC version of a blizzard - never mind what I concocted, because it so did NOT even remotely taste like a blizzard. But it was filling. That much I will say. Hopefully I will get a salad made tonight. I'm just not very motivated to fix anything when I get home at night.
Everyone enjoy the cool days ahead! Stay LC WOE!!!! We can do it!
Cats

Last edited by catsrus : Thu, Jul-20-06 at 14:29.
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-06, 19:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 375/309/185 Female 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Cats....aka.."MOM!" just chop up your stuff for your salads and keep them in see through containers in the fridge, and get a bag of chicken breasts and grill all of them, usually there are 6 or so in those bags, and keep that in the fridge already grilled. Then, you get home, and your salad is essentially made, just has to be tossed together. Also I took some crystal lite and put it in a bowl, and froze it, and then kind of "shaved" it off, it was pretty good, and very refreshing.

YOU CAN DO THIS.........and remember your going to go trecking around some foreign country someday and need to be your skinny self!!!!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-06, 09:48

I sort of blew it again this weekend.........I was housesitting for a friend who had a "mexican" themed party earlier in the week. So, when I get there she tells me to have what ever I wanted to eat....

She has chocolate cake, ice cream, frozen fruit, etc. None of that bothered me..........what killed me was the leftover nacho chips she had. She must have had about 7 bags of Tostitos that people brought and left behind. So, I had a Taco Salad from Amigos (in the bowl you can eat), do of course I just HAD to eat the bowl, plus I smushed up a ton of Tostitos in the salad and then used MORE to scoop up the salad !!!!

I don't know why I can't control myself when it comes to chips.....aarrrgghhh !!!!
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-06, 16:36
Losing It!!!

Plan: 6/26 switch to M&E
Stats: 223/192/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 42%

huskerchic, I hear you on those tortilla chips. I can't stop when I start eating them. Someone brought fritos to the party we had Friday and left a barely opened bag (a BIG bag). Of course, I had about 3 handfuls, and I don't even like fritos...

I finally took the bag to the sink and filled it with water. It was either that or eat the whole thing...
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 06:51

Next time I am going to try that !!

I honestly could eat an entire big bag of Tostitos (or even a store brand tortilla chip) in one sitting !!!
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 09:17

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 307/287/250 Male 6'5"
BF:too much
Progress: 35%

I have sooooo NOT been a good boy lately!!!!
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 10:09

Seems to be a consensus for the majority of us in NE...........maybe it's the heat !!!

Last edited by Huskerchic : Tue, Jul-25-06 at 10:10. Reason: adding stuff
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 12:51

Well I seem to be STUCK at 176. I just gotta' get to being more diligent about exercise I know. I thought that Walk Away the Pounds video was fun, easy and seemed to go fast - so I don't know why, but I just can't get excited about doing it.
I know I've eaten so much zucchini I'm likely to turn green pretty soon
Cats
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 10:31

Hey all.........
Stay cool today, it's going to be 101!

Yesterday when I went out to walk at 8:30 AM it was already 86 and the humidity was 44%.

Good Ole' Nebraska weather, gotta love it !
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 14:30

Well, Sat. I made 2 pans of zucchini lasagna, 2 pans of egg casserole (using z.... for the hash browns) and 1 pan of z....(apple) cobbler. I cut the lasagna and egg casserole into individual portions and froze them for morning break and lunch at work. Oh, also fried up a whole skillet full of chicken and froze individually. Did my WATP Sun. a.m., but didn't have the desire to do it this a.m. - Just not feeling motivated on the exercise part of it at all.
Just think, only 3 or 4 more months and we'll all be complaining about the blowing snow! Gotta' love NE weather!
Cats
Closed Thread