Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 11:01

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Well the week is over and I must say I did very lousy. I only had 2 cheatfree days this week. I don't know what had gotten into me. It is not even TOM.
DH and I had Pizza one night after having Mexican already for Dinner (Pizza was a late night Snack so to speak around 9pm)
I gained a total of 4 lbs this last week Ugggh. I have to get my act together.
Miez
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 17:06

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

Miez, I'm so glad you were able to stay cheat free for those 2 days! You just keep on keeping on and it will be ok.....You'll loose those 4 lbs quickly.

nawchem, It was sooo good to see your post! I'm so glad for you losing that lb. and having one cheat free day. Glad you are walking that will help alot too!

I was cheat free yesterday and today, but it hasn't been easy! I really feel down in the dumps today. I've been on this WOE long enough to know it will pass but I sure don't like going through it! When I go through the toughest times I take out 2 pictures...One from a year ago and one from now. I can see the difference and I'm very very Thankful for that. I also notice when I drink more water I do 100% better. I don't know why, it just helps. I can tell the difference in my hair and my skin.

BUT, I've been really tired since Saturday. It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday after church. I've been working alot at the farm and that never bothers me too much but our DOG drives me crazy at night! I can't get a decent nights sleep! He wakes me up at 1am or 3am or different times but always a couple times a night to go outside! I know he is just hearing a deer or something. Sometimes if I say NO go lay down he starts howling! So I let him out. Then one night I said NO and he threw up by the door...geesh I can't win! I was so mad last night I took my pillow and threw it at him and told him to go lay down. He did. I told DH to take turns ( right)...But after about 5 days of interrupted sleep I start feeling really lousy. I've tried making him stay outside all day and etc but it doesn't help. Maybe I should leave the TV on. I'm sorry to rant and rave but just getting it off my chest helps. I need the friendship and commitment of all of you and I want you to know I appreciate your listening to me whine.
((((((((((((((((BIG-HUG)))))))))))))))))) THANKS!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 17:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%
Smile Hello everyone

Akasha, I hope you are feeling better now. Hang in there , we're all behind you!

nawchem, I am soooo glad you made it 1 day and lost 1 lbs. You are on your way .

miez, 2 days are nothing to sneeze at...you need to celebrate your victory .

suzzee, I hope you can get some sleep so you won't feel so down. My thoughts are with you .

I had 4 days last week, things went out the window after my Dr appointment on Thursday and waiting for the test results are making it even worse. I've been staying LC, but nowhere near induction levels, so I'll probably just take a week off and start back once I know where things stand. My plan for this week is to just limit myself to LC foods (staying away from the white foods), simple is about all I can handle right now.

Be good to yourselves, you're the best you that you can be
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 19:03
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi guys, I only had one cheat free day last week because of Easter dinners and such. Then Saturday night I had no-no alcohol and I was sick all yesturday... Bad week for me.

On a happier note, I did great today. Could have ate a little more perhaps, but my stomach is still feeling lousy. I only gained two pounds from being so evil last week, so I'm not too depressed about it. Just gotta do better this week!

TOM is gone! Yay! I should resist chocolate and treats much better now. LOL.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 13:30

Akasha, I am so glad things are going better for you and congrats on the great day.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 15:51

BF:

Mim's I'm happy you had 4 good days last week! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you wait on your test results. Simple is not only good but a better way to handle it! Hang in there friend we are certainly behind you all the way!
Akasha, Great attitude! I'm glad you are feeling better and had a good day yesterday!

I'm feeling better today too! Vitamin C and allergy pills and 2 nights decent sleep has certainly helped! Cheat free day 3 this week so far! The blah feeling is gone! I have picked up on the water too and it always seems to help too!
Hang in there friends we are all going to make it to our goals!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 15:48

BF:

nawchem, How are you doing this week?

Akasha, Are you hanging in here too?

miezimau, hope your week is going better as well.

mims, I hope you are doing well and feeling well too.

I've had a good day today. Nothing to report on just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 19:21

BF:

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!
Well this week has been a little stressful but so far I managed to stay cheat free Monday and today. Yesterday I had a Conference for my business (all day event with lunch and dessert) and I wasn't able to stay on track. How can you if everybody around you eats the good food?t was a buffet and I was able to get in some protein and veggies, but I also managed to get some steamed rice, potatoes and 1/2 a slice chocolate cake and 1/2 slice coconut cake.
Well, like I said today I was able to stay on track so far and I hope I am able to for the rest of the week (we even cancled our weekly friday night Poker game).
Good luck to you all
Miez
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 20:01
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I was doing great today, except my mom brought home fresh bananas and oranges... I couldn't resist them. It wasn't too awful. At least it wasn't chocolate. I probably won't even gain from it.

I'm getting back into my bad habit of eating bad stuff at night again. I have got to start disciplining myself again. Summer is fast approuching and I want to feel better about myself by then.

We can do this, team!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 17:47

miez, I hope today has been a good for you. You're doing great.

Akasha, I hope this even goes well for you, late night snacks have always been my down fall as well. I had to totally give up my ice cream because I have a problem sticking to just one serving. Hang tough!

suzzee, I am soooo happy you're doing so well. Isn't it great how much a few good nites sleep will do for us. Keep it up, you are such a great inspirtaion.

nawchem, WHERE ARE YOU, YOU, YOU... we miss you!

Well I have had a fabulous week, somehow I have stuck to strick induction and have had a visit from the whoosh fairy. Go figure, when I was trying it was impossible and when I decided to let it slide this week I've been following it to the letter. I've always been a bit backwards. LOL

Hope the rest of the week is great for you all.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 19:32

BF:

Mims, I'm so happy for you! CONGRADULATIONS!!!

miez, I hope all is going really well for you! Don''t worry about the little slip, we all have them once in awhile. It will be alright! I'd love to find a LC coconut treat myself!

Akasha, You will be just fine! Just eat a little more earlier and you won't be hungry! You can do it!

nawchem, We are cheering for you!

Thanks Mims!!! I have another cheat free day this week! Almost there!
Have a GOOD DAY TOMMORROW EVERYBODY!!!!!
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 20:19

Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%

ok! im with u guys! i will post my plan on sunday, and i will start monday (2 parties this weekend)...help me out im new at this posting thing!
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:06
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi Lunababy!!

Well I've been reading all the posts and have been very encouraged. I realized that you all have done well with weight loss and have not been perfect. I'm hoping I don't have to be perfect either! I have not stuck to my plan one day this week but am doing better than previously. My downfall is all the candy at my job. Usually once I eat even one piece I've felt that I've blown it and go on a big carb binge that continues the rest of the day, thinking that tomorrow I'm quiting carbs for real. What has been different about this week is that I've only eaten the candy with no binge following it. I've felt so much better not stuffing myself on pizza, chinese or mexican food. And I've saved money too!

Also, one of my problems has been that my boss wants me to wait until 12 to have lunch. I am hypoglycemic and can't wait that long. I start work at 6:30, I think the lowblood sugar is PART of the reason the candy gets to me. I usually don't have any candy until lunch and I'm starved by then. A few days ago I realized that my boss never said I couldn't snack, just can't take my lunch break before 12. Brought lots of snack food to work today and will see if eating every few hours helps.

I've decided to sign up for a class that Sharp medical has called the weigh-in. It is run by a dietician. You can be on any diet you want, they focus on exercise and eating 5 servings of fruits and veges a day, and water drinking. I did this class a few years ago and lost about 12 pounds without any dieting. All 20 people in my class lost a minimum of 10 pounds. You get weighed every class and write the pounds lost, vege servings and cal burned thru exercise on the board each week. We compete with other classes to get the most points for burning calories and nutrition. I thought the accountability might help.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 13:25

BF:

Lunababy welcome to the challenge

Nawchem. Sounds like your starting to take control
I hope the snacks work for you. You know, nobody is perfect. We all cheat every once in a while. We're just human. Everybody does. People that tell you otherwise are full of it
I was able to stay cheatfree for 3 days so far and today (friday) I am still working on it. So far so good no cheats yet. I also started to take the OoO this Monday and I am happy to say that I have lost 2 lbs this week so far without even exercising this week.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Hang in there
Miez
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 14:09

Talking Good Afternoon Ladies

Welcome Lunababy, I am so glad you decided to join our little group. We are all here for you! Be sure to post any questions you might have, between us we should be able to come up with an answer. Be sure to remember that we are NOT about being perfect, just being the best that we can be. Can't wait to hear how you do.

nawchem, I am soooo happy to hear that you are not beating yourself up or thinking that only perfection can equal success. I think you've gotten past the biggest hurdle and will start to see more and more better days. Can't wait to hear how the snacks and weigh-in class goes.

miez, congrats on the 2 lb loss and 3 days, I'm sure you can finish the week on a high note. You are doing great!

Hi suzzee & Akasha, I hope you are both having a really great day!

One more day to go...
WE CAN DO IT