Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Chantel30..I've got one for you..instead of saying you are losing weight..you can say you are gaining balance (making your body match up to your wonderful heart and soul)
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hi team!

I haven't posted a bio yet so here goes:
My name is Judy(duh! ) and I am in downtown Manhattan, NYC. I am single and live with my 3 dogs and I have a pet care service. I do alot of dog walking everyday. Right now I am also a foster mom to a little orphan shihtzu pup, very cute little girl that I hope will find a home very soon as Im getting very attached to her.

I grew up a thin and very athletic kid and when I quit sports, I started to gain as Ive always had a big appetite. In my 20's, I was 30-40lbs over weight and at 5'8", I got away with being that much overweight. I lost my mom to suicide when I was 28 (now 54) and my life hasn't never been the same since then. My family did not pull together and I found myslef very alone and extremely depressed. I started eating compulsively in my mid 30's and was over 200 lbs when I hit 40 yrs old. I was freaked by that!!

Since then, I have been on just about every diet and diet pill out there and have gained and lost several times. I can't even list all the things Ive tried as it depresses me to dwell on all my failures.

Finding this site has given me hope that I can stick with this until I reach my goal. I love this team competition and am thankful I made it onto the team.

You are all an inspiration to me!!!

My food has been squeeky clean since I have joined this team!!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 20:09

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylist
I know someone who gets on the scale 2-3 times a day and freaks out at the changes.At the end of the month she always realizes that she did loose.But she goes crazy and feels discouraged.These are the feelings that we are here for , so don't worry if that happens.It is the DIET DEVIL trying to make you quit.At least that is what I tell myself. Alright loosers let's loose!!!!!!!

Okay loser.......what's up with puttin' my business out there ya hussy!! Thought I wouldn't catch up to you and find out didn't ya. Thank goodness most of these people already know me and how obsessed I am.

Yes this is my cousin, the "business putting out there for everyone to see hussy" So ya got a team going and didn't even bother to come by and see me yet. I'm hurt girl, ya hurt me real deep, real deep. I may be damaged for life.

AAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! I'm so excited your here. I'm joining AFWife on the cheerleading squad if she'll have me. Rah Rah His Boom Bah!!! See I was born for the job. Now if I could just get my leg up a little....bit.......higher. Guess I need a few more pounds for that!!

Alright!! I'm rootin' for ya'll. Gotta go off to bed now........but I'll be back tomorrow. I got my eye on you cousin!!!

Cecelia
  #79   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 07:02

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Myturn~ I like that "gaining balance" Or........ I am threwing out my extra weight.......... I know....dont even...... It does sound funny.

Well I hope to see everyone here today, I will check in later.

Quick question~ does anyone know if taking flax oil or fish oil helps the "gaining balance" (weight loss) process?
  #80   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 07:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/231/145 Female 5"5
BF:42%
Progress: 40%

Sorry about that poisinivy..........I got carried away with making this team.I am sure we can use all the cheers we can get.Chantel I know what you mean about the pound creep.I gained a lot of weight when I was the most buzziest in my life.I know I was eating a lot of fast and quick food.I was so tired all the time all I could do was what I had to do ...work.I didn't exercise or move unless the mighty $ was behind it.Now things have changed for us.We have a handle on things and this is the first step.Keep up the good work.

Last edited by stylist : Fri, May-21-04 at 07:20.
  #81   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: Curves for Women
Stats: 208/189/130 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc

Since then, I have been on just about every diet and diet pill out there and have gained and lost several times.

I can soooo relate with that statement Judy! I went on the cabbage soup diet right before I took the plunge on the Curves May Challenge... just the smell of that stuff... uggghh.. uke:

So far so good for me! Cheat free since May 1st! I've religiously gone to Curves 3x a week now for 6 weeks I don't see the results yet tho
I hope you all had a super week and TGIF!!! I'm off to the drive-in movies tonight with my fried pork rinds.. may try the cinnamon and splenda trick.. sounds wierd.. but it's better than staring at my husband with a full tub of popcorn!!
  #82   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: Curves for Women
Stats: 208/189/130 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc

Since then, I have been on just about every diet and diet pill out there and have gained and lost several times.

I can soooo relate with that statement Judy! I went on the cabbage soup diet right before I took the plunge on the Curves May Challenge... just the smell of that stuff... uggghh..

So far so good for me! Cheat free since May 1st! I've religiously gone to Curves 3x a week now for 6 weeks I don't see the results yet tho
I hope you all had a super week and TGIF!!! I'm off to the drive-in movies tonight with my fried pork rinds.. may try the cinnamon and splenda trick.. sounds wierd.. but it's better than staring at my husband with a full tub of popcorn!!
  #83   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 256/233.6/150 Female 62 inches
BF:50
Progress: 21%

judynyc (and others),

I have also spent most of my adult life spinning on the diet merry-go-round. I have decided that I will never "diet" again. I am now making a life change. I have complete control over what goes into my body. Food will no longer control me--I will control the food!
Yea, it sounds great but some days it is really had to remember much less put into practice. I just keep on trying to "walk the talk". When we fall, we just dust off the dirt and continue on the journey.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:56

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi guys sorry for the late bio but been hectic around here.

I'm Meggen, I am 26 years old. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary next month. We are currently in the process of house hunting to purchase our first home so like I said things are a bit hectic. At the moment I am a "homemaker" since no one wants to hire me here.... oh let me back up. I am american but moved to the UK to marry my husband who is a british citizen.... ok moving forward again. I did atkin before and lost 56 pounds, then went off for a month and gained 14 back!!! So i'm here to finish what I started. I have been overweight since I was 12 and have been on every diet, pill , and miracle cure there is and nothing has worked until now.
  #85   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 243/199/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 45%

Thanks you for your support and prayers I appreciate it. I can say I am learning not to eat my way through every stressful situation in life.

judynyc I am with you have tried just about every diet myself. This has been a slow process for me but it is something I have been able to live with. The hardest thing is not giving up during the stalls.

rapvnzle you are doing awesome cheat free since May 1st. how did you do at the drive-in? Popcorn is a huge temptation for me and the worse part is that it smells better than it tastes.

stylist thanks for starting this challenge.

Not sure if I will getting around to posting this weekend so but looking forward to see how everyone did Monday morning.
Take Care
Rose
  #86   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 08:01

Hey you guys we had a whole lot of members....where did they go?Tommorrow is supposed to be our weigh in report.I guess that will be when we see how much of a team we have.Have a good Sunday.
  #87   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 10:05
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I'm still here!!

As of this morning, I lost 1.5 lbs this week. I will weigh tomorrow too.
  #88   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 13:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/134/115 Female 62 inches
BF:I dunno?
Progress: 42%

I'm still here too.. fat but here. I can't get over this stall. I don't think I have lost a single pound. I am gonna end up bringing down the team....

I don't know what the problem is.. I swear I am eating like MAYBE 10-15 carbs a day. I am off the induction / phase 1 too... man oh man...
  #89   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 06:32

good for you Judy!Wow 1.5 pounds.Dixiemomma,don't worry.I too go through a bunch of stalls.I only lost .05 pounds.Just stick to it because at the end of the month I always have lost a total number of pounds.There are so many things that affect the scale.Do you guys measure?A lot of the time I have lost inches but not pounds.It is hard to accept but I can take some inches loss.Losing is losing!!!!!Keep up the good work I am so proud of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #90   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 06:44

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%

I'm still here bigger than just being fat, But I have not weighted myself as of yet. But I will at lunch time I will post my findings today though

Good Luck all!