Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#856   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-23, 06:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, WOW enjoy your fun grown up date Know you guys will have a blast!!

Lori, YOWZA on that going down at your home and the tree didn't nail your neighbor but that darn fall. Crazy, sending good healing vibes for him!!

Merry freakin' Xmas, you had me laughing on that one....yea always crazy times and you had yours now for sure! now it should be quiet and easy to get to the 26th and blow past this holiday time in good form LOL

Jazz, yea you do need to settle into this new year in new good digs!!!

reboot, good word for the new year for all of us.

hmmm, truck and rv and on the road, geez, that sounds kinda fun HA, oh yea that is in my future for sure still.

--------plan a quiet day here. nothing overly hard to do is my motto for the day. might wrap the few things I have for xmas or leave it til last minute HAHA

I have 0 interest in this holiday point blank.

ok easy peasy day hopefully, be good all, nothing to report. no news is good news!
Sponsored Links
  #857   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-23, 09:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Hoping for a quieter day today! DH will call his friend around Noon and see how he is doing and ask him if there is anything we can do for him. His wife's health is not great and she depends on him for a lot, so it's not going to be easy for them.

I went to the grocery store at 8 this morning to avoid the crowds. A stop at the meat market then home to grab a shower and now I have laundry spinning. That's going to be it for the day, I hope.

----------

Nic....Hope you enjoyed your "fancy" night out. Sounds nice!

Jaz.....Working a half day and then hitting the road for ATL, right? Safe travels and I hope the visit with Mom goes well.

Trig....Yeah.....Merry Freakin' Christmas became a saying for us 15 years ago when our youngest grandson was born. Christmas morning and our daughter got up from a chair and her water broke! She said "Merry Freakin' Christmas" and it has been a family saying ever since!

-----------

Washer is chiming and calling me. Next! Round and round I go.
  #858   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-23, 13:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ya'll quickie.

Nic
- Awwwhhhhhh Love you got date night with Hubby!!! Especially since you got a ton going on about now through next week! ENJOY IT!

Lori-
That does suck about hubby's friend. However, as I said before it could have been so much worse. Maybe you could help with grocery shopping for them for a few weeks as he is in a sling? Or your hubby could. I am sure they would love the help!

I am ready for JAN. 1st. I just am. Ready for the big REBOOT RESET. When all else fails right?!?!?!?- Shut it all down, and give it a minute and plug it all back in! Needs to happen! Being think about what you wanna do and your goal! CAN DO!

Trig
- I am done with Christmas. I am here at my mom's and will be ready to leave Christmas Eve about noon. then I have nothing else planned. I small walk with DS on Christmas day if the weather is nice. No big fancy dinner, or all that.
---------------------------------------------------------

I am here in Atlanta- Traffic was starting to really pick up so I left on my "lunch hour. I figured nobody cares what you do between 11-and 1pm. I have my work computer up and have responded to a few teams tid bits. Nothing stressful.

Here and sipping wine and it's my "Holiday". -

Catch ya later!
  #859   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-23, 04:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Depressed. I had an eating meltdown yesterday with Xmas cookies, pizza, you name it. I feel like crap and the scale is at the highest number I've seen in years. I still haven't gotten myself into an exercise habit and am just feeling down about myself. Sigh.......Merry Freakin' Christmas indeed.

Well, it's a new day and a chance for better choices. The damn xmas cookies are still on my kitchen table. DH went to visit his injured friend yesterday and his wife sent a huge box of assorted homemade cookies along home with him. Good grief. I said, "You drop a tree on her husband and she gives you cookies?" I'm planning my food for the day and will try to stay away from the little pnut butter bastards.

Have good days!
  #860   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-23, 08:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- OMG I can so relate to a day off the rails. I know what that feels like. Add that to a guilt trip we give ourselves the next day! Then the nasty carb carving hit because we had some. The head and receptors in our head and heart want more.

This is a really hard time of year for alot of people. It just stirs up all kinds of stuff. Plus, you add to it this is the "season" of treats and eating..........

The good news- Jan.1st around the corner. Total reboot. So, get it outta your system and move on. Really that simple. If you want it- have it now, and move on.

I am not encouraging or trying to "trigger" anything. I am just saying this week especially is rough. I have been a bit "looser" in the last few days. No guilt.
I am up 5 pounds now. I am hoping to hold it here and then drop it and keep going come Jan.
Maybe write down what you are thinking about goal for next year.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I am still in Atlanta and it is Christmas" here and then I will get up and head "home" in the morning. Steak and crab legs for dinner.

I will most likely be spending Christmas Eve and most of Christmas day with just Ruger. My DD and family are still so sick. Going on a week now. It is running though the family. They can keep it! LOLOLOL

I will get together for a few hours with son on Christmas. Thankfully it will not involve a dinner or frills. A few hours to just hang out and I will cruise back to the airbnb. DAYS left of living there! YAY.

TRIG/NIC- HIYA
  #861   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 05:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Did a bit better with my eating yesterday and the scale is down a little from the shocking number of yesterday morning! I did eat 2 cookies after dinner last night, but trying not to beat myself up about it. I'm trying to reel things in a bit and then really hit it hard January 1.

It is supposed to be nearly 50 degrees for the next several days and I want to get out for a walk each day. I don't know why I've been so resistant to getting a bit of exercise for the past couple months. Total slug! Pathetic really.

I'm going to cook our Christmas meal this afternoon. Ham, au gratin potatoes, baked pineapple. Our DD is coming late morning tomorrow with her boys(20, 15) If they want lunch, I'll get out the ham and fresh rolls for sandwiches etc. Nothing fancy around here! Then we'll be going to the "other Grandma's" for cake for the 15 year olds birthday like we usually do. A low key day.

Jaz.....safe travels home today. I hope you enjoy a nice walk with your DS tomorrow and have a relaxing day. So sorry that your DD & family are sick. The poor kids wait all year for Xmas and then to be sick is such a bummer.

Trig.....Did you get all the last minute things DD wanted? I'm sure she's keeping you stepping!

Nic....How are things going with all your visitors etc.? I know your house is buzzing!

Well, I need another cup of coffee and to plan my timing for cooking this afternoon. Everything goes in the oven, so pretty easy.

Merry Christmas Eve!
  #862   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 07:54

BF:

Lori, ohhh that story on DD with her having a baby on Xmas is funny good grief, you are having a merry freakin' xmas right now, but don't worry, IT WILL be over soon LOL

yea I slugged out also on exercise too so I am right there with you on that. Just keep sayin' it will be over soon and the holiday off our minds and out of our routine and we all will be ok for sure

you drop a tree on hubby and he is hurt and she gives you cookies?? OK THAT is hysterical! Love it ahhhh

no didn't buy that stuff she listed, I told her done done done. spent enough already HA

Jazz, sorry fam is sick but sounds like when ya get home you got an easy xmas to handle and like ya said, it is best when they are easy on us actually, few hrs wtih DS and a quiet day mostly with Ruger ya can't go wrong!!

Nicco, WHAT'S up? how was your grown up night out?

-----------nothing doing here. purposely making it low low key and not in my mind. gonna wrap what little presents we do have and call it a holiday!!! SO over it.

gotta run out later and buy filet mignon and another bag of shrimp. that is it for tomorrow. today is eat scrapes from fridge. ain't worrying on food for anyone today, I got a pork loin to eat later and have chicken breasts. they can do some thing with chicken and whatever and call it done food day. I AM SO over freakin' food around me for sure!

hubby walks in with a box of choc covered cherries FOR ME? come onm WHAT THE HELL right? He bought a bunch of crap for him and kiddo and included me with that??? , THANKFULLY they are not the clear liquid cherry ones, he got the ones that have that white cream in them and I hate those. that white cream is just a sugar filling and for some reason I never liked them and I said I ain't eating those, you got the wrong ones I don't like and then I said, AND I AM ZC?? what the hell is in your mind buying me that?

in fact I am super pissed off for him to just dismiss my lifestyle, temp me straight on, buy me sugar when I haven't eaten that stuff in years now??? I called 'what bullsh** is this?' on him kinda getting pretty mad on it in a way and I basically got no answer, had him stammering on me LOL

just cause crap is near you, you feel I am left out in some way, you just buy me sugar when I am zc and he KNOWS how I could backslide in a flash and in the end, yea I am irked but over it of course but still?? Couldn't take the time to hit a store and bring me home a freakin' lobster if he 'cared' that much to include me, no he just buys me crap cause he wanted to include me in his crap haul for him and kiddo? I don't know..,,,,told hubby DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN!!! I am a backslider and real fast I can do just that so....come on!

Lori I will borrow your Merry Freakin' Christmas on this one

OK got quiet day. Told kiddo to buy me a cheapy type printer for xmas. No one gets me anything cause I don't want anything -- this will get kiddo and hubby out of the house for a while today...omg I need them gonzo!! LOL They can eat lunch out somewhere and leave me alone so I got me a bottle of perfume I needed and I bought a new down pillow. done. I didn't even bother buying more stuff just to open, who cares? not me HA ugh

kiddo's apple watch didn't come, she is fine, said no biggie. will arrive after xmas but she got some good stuff anyway.

ok be good all.....LET'S TRY TO SURVIVE THE NEXT DARN 2 DAYS
  #863   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 07:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz I can only imagine the traffic in ATL bc it is insane here. People acting like they have never driven before! ugh! I dislike this little crunch time of people freaking out.

Lori I was at Walmart at 5:50 AM waiting for them to open. lol I've become one of "those" people but just for the next couple of days!
Merry Freaking Xmas! lol

You all have a lot going on with the tree-friend (thank goodness that was not worse!)

-----

Ya'll I give up. I wrote the above like two days ago. I cannot keep up until the holiday rush is over. Thinking of you all though and sending all the love!
  #864   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 08:19

BF:

Christmas Eve morning!

Lori- Your ham dinner sounds really good! YUM and Yum. It will be low key for me too. Nothing off the chain.

I am ready for Jan. 1st. I'm with you- just waiting for all the hoopla to be over.

Enjoy your day with family tomorrow if they pop over.

Hi ya NIC/ TRIG-
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Travel day for me. Thankfully it will only be 2 hours if traffic is light. Leaving here about noon. I wanted a lazy morning.

Nothing much planned. The rain is supposed to move in tonight and all day tomorrow. No walk with son if weather is rain. I will stop over for a couple hours tomorrow. No fancy dinner or anything. My son is on a pretty GI restricted diet right now. He is not interested is a dinner get together. MEH- Less to stress over and clean up from.

I am thinking of making a pot of chili when I roll in this afternoon. Just low key and cruising along. I am down 3/5 gained. Yup-

The visit with my mom was pretty good. No big drama this trip. She is wearing a heart monitor though, that is concerning. She leaves it on until Jan. 3nd when she goes for a cardiac echo cardiogram. They are also monitoring her kidneys.......... At least her husband is doing well and can take care of her.

Nothing else shaking! My move is up coming for next Saturday!!! I can't wait! I want my stuff out of storage and sleep in my own bed!

Have a good one!
  #865   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 08:44

BF:

Just read all your posts! We cross posted. I am gearing up to take off here.

I am not going to tell you my trip here was knee knocking. It was. All to say it was "not my time".

I was in the middle lane. There was a white car tailgating an old pickup truck with an open bed filled to the brim with CRAP.

Anyway- In a FREKIN split second, I see the truck hit the wall- the white car hit the truck and his contents spill over the highway. I am dodging both cars now spinning out right in front of me. I swung the car to the right lant and almost hit a baby stroller that fell onto the highway.
It all happened so fast. I looked into the rear mirror- all I saw was white smoke. By the time I thought about pulling over a mile had passed and there was nowhere to pull over. I am totally sure the people in the white were injured.

I did call the state highway patrol and they took my statement and told me they would be in touch if they needed to.
Honestly had there been someone in the right lane I would have hit them. Had I been literally2 seconds further ahead I would have been hit.
Again- I was blessed and it was not my time. Anyway- I was pretty much shaking by the time I arrived. I am not looking forward to having to get back on the highway. I am having some PTSD over that! LOL- ok not kidding.

I will catch you all on the other side!

Trig- Yea, I get it. The hubby most likely "thought" he was doing good by getting the chocolates. Pitch them and get your lobster. Not the hill to die on. Add that to the fact he is a GUY- SIMPLE CREATURES.
You can come here and chat up your LZ lifestyle- I am right there with ya.
  #866   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 10:48

BF:

Coming in to report that I got out of this recliner and went for a 2.5 mile walk with DH! Plus.....it was my idea! He nearly fainted when I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk! It was nice and felt good to move. It was around 40 degrees, but I was dressed for it and it wasn't cold. Home and took a hot shower and now I'm enjoying another cup of coffee. Life is good.

Jaz.....OMG on that accident on your way there. It squeezes my heart to think how close you were to being in the middle of it! It does shake you, for sure. Check in when you get home today!

Trig......Men! Don't be too hard on DH, I'm sure he meant well even if he's clueless.

Nic....I know you're spinning! We'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming in a week or so!

Big Hugs!
  #867   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 15:19

BF:

Back in Greenville! Toss some burgers on and sitting down in jammies and tucked in!

Happy CHRISTEMAS EVE YA"ll

Stay SAFE AND HEALTHY!

EDITED: Burgers were 1/2 brisket 1/2 chuck- OMG good. I "cheated" and added cheese on top to make a cheeseburger and topped with a bit of salsa. It was my OMAD. I just had to have that taste of cheese before I shut it down Jan. 1.

Feeling cozy and sleepy......... Off to watch a movie. My DS and myself will get together for a few hours after lunch tomorrow. Rain and Flu sorta damped the holiday for alot of people in this area. Meh- I live here now and will see my kids when they feel better.

Nite all-

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Dec-24-23 at 15:46.
  #868   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-23, 23:45

BF:

Lori, yea men and clueless, they go together HA
Your walk sounded nice! Life is good, so happy for ya!!

Jazz, wow on that accident!~ super happy you were ok thru all that. yikes. get home safe and sound and hunker down and avoid everyone and everything

Nicco, spinning out of control and you are one of 'those xmas' people now huh? wild. Yea post when ya can, relax all ya can!! we will all survive the holiday season.

---------MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

Santa came. left a few things
simple dinner. got nice filet mignon and alot of shrimp to boil up.
keeping today very very quiet and low key. apple watch didn't come but that is ok, kiddo is fine with it of course. found out her car will be ready on like Thurs for pickup...finally!

have a fab day ya'll and hope we all eat LC and ZC very well as usual for us.

our new year is coming and our final goals to be hit for us. we got this!!

love all my good friends!!
check in later!
  #869   ^
Old Mon, Dec-25-23, 07:28

BF:

Good Morning & MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Woke up feeling a little Bah Humbug this morning. DH got up early and I fell back to sleep. For some reason, he thought he had to come up and wake me up at 7:30. Sigh......Having coffee now and will feel a bit more human in a bit. Maybe.

Our dinner last night was very good, but I ate too much. Big surprise. Have to reel that in pronto! DH will have leftovers tonight and I'm going to fry up a pan of ground chuck, throw in a can of mushrooms, put some Rao's sauce on it and I'll eat on that for a few days.

I guess our DD and her 2 boys will be coming later this morning. Who knows when? She flies by the seat of her pants. Her Dominican husband is down in the islands, so he won't be here.

--------

Trig.....Yay for DD's car being ready this week! I'm sure this is the best Xmas gift she could have asked for.

Nic.....Take a deep breath and enjoy your day!

Jaz....Be cozy and calm today. Have a nice visit with DS. Hope DD & family are starting to feel better.

--------

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-25-23 at 10:57.
  #870   ^
Old Mon, Dec-25-23, 12:30

BF:

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES

I just want to take a minute to say how grateful I am to not only calls you friends, but FRIENDS!!!!!- We have now been together for so many milestones in each others lives.

I am grateful and blessed.

I am wishing you a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!! Again, as always, OUR WAY. Holiday our way. It just works for us!

Off to see the son- 2 hours behind- MEH he was behind too!

All is Merry and Bright! I have had friends from all over the country check in with me! I am never alone with great friends, and dog! LOLOLOLOL-

Tomorrow for me is done with lazy lifestyle! Not waiting for jan. 1st. I am up a bit. Jump start!

Anyway- Can't wait to hear holiday updates!!!