Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 17:39

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi!
I really enjoy reading all your posts, this is a great forum. I have been LC'ing for just over 2 years and i have lost a good portion of my weight. I still have more to go, but i'm getting there. I have gone through minor health problems and major stalls, but i have never given up hope. It can be done. Keep up the good work and don't forget to drink your water, lol.....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 06:16

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Canadian T,
Your stats are amazing...well done you !!
Ali
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 05:24

BF:

Hi there,
Thanks Ali for the support I really do need it right now. Since Jan 1st 2003, i have been loosing weight pretty steady, but over the last few days, i have been creeping up the scale again, and by going over my journal, i know way. It must be those pork rinds and beef jerky i had afew days ago. I just can't handle extra salt in my diet I am drinking at least 4 sometimes 5 litres of water aday, and i swear i must retain afew when i have high sodium foods. I am going to stay away from them for awhile and see how i progress. Just my luck though, i bought 6 more bags of pork rinds yesterday, i guess i will have to hide them....., out of sight, and i'll try to keep em out of my mind, lol.

Toni
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 06:35

Hi Toni,
I find that my weight fluxuates greatly during the week so I just weigh on Mondays and take that as the true number.
I was 198lbs 2 years ago and have fought all the way to get this far. Big relapse over Christmas (put on 7lbs) but back to it now. Like you, I started again Jan 03 and have all but lost 1.5lb of the 7lb I put on.
You have done so incredibly well, I'm sure that this is only a temperary phase and that you will find a solution to your current problem.
Keep it up cos you really are an inspiration to all of us.
Those stats tell the story.
Have you got a photo from when you first started losing ?
Photos are great to see how far we have come.
I have one at my heaviest, I hate it with abundance but everytime I look at it I think "blimey Alison, looking good"
Maybe one day I'll find the confidence to post it....maybe not !!
Take care
Ali
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 08:17

BF:

Hi Ali,
I have always weighed myself on a daily basis, and i know i sure do fluxuate. Even if i go up afew pounds, it usually doesn't bother me, cause i know tomorrow it will be back down again. But this time i know it had to be do to the rinds, they are history, lol.....

I do have afew pics of me before i started, and i really don't look like the same person at all. It's funny, the other day, i meet someone i hadn't seen in afew years and i started talking with them. She was very distant at first. I should have realized it, but she didn't know who I was. I really can't blame her, i look so much different. Sometimes i go by the mirror, and i don't even recognize myself. If i could figure out how to put my pics on here, i would.

Toni
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 08:24

When you make a reply, scroll down a little to see the box that reads "Attach file". It lists the type of file you can attached beneath the empty box.
Select Browse, and go to the directory where your scanned photos are kept on your PC, select your photo file, then bug on ok.
When you submit your reply your photo will list as an attachment.

I'll do it if you do too !!! ... first I've got to get my hideous photo scanned..it's not nice...Ali=laughing
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 18:00

BF:

Ali, i have been working on my pics and when i get my courage up, i'll post em, so you get your scanner fired up! LOL

Last edited by CanadianT : Wed, Jan-15-03 at 18:06.
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 16:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Talking Hey Triplemom

Wow you sound so full of energy. Jump in here any time to kick our butts or give advice.....anytime..if you have time with all those little ones...hee hee Would love to get to know you better...Celina
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 06:08
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Hi all

I have to tell you this. I'm in New England and its been absolutely freezing for over a week and in the next 10 days we aren't expected to have temps about 30. This cold has been affecting my SAD like crazy. I don't feel like doing anything and meals have been absolutely uninspiring. If you know what I mean. My roommate has SAD way worse than me and won't get up to go to the gym. I've been dancing instead and it helps alittle. My living room is small so I don't get to move as much as I like. But hey, its a start. CALP is doing great. My cravings are almost gone, but then next week is the start of my TOM, we'll see.

I will say one positive thing: I haven't gained any weight since Christmas (I actually lost 5lbs)
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 15:33

Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Hey Toni and All...

I sure do hear ya about taking in too much salty things... I feel like a blow fish when I over do it with Pork rinds and sausage or pepperoni.....You've come a long way keep that chin up and keep going. By the way do you take a high dose of vit.Bcomplex when you need to lose water retention. I do and I feel it works ...I pee way lot's.......Vit.B100 for a week at a time...... talk to ya soon Celina
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 19:54

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 271/162/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Hello

I've enjoyed reading all of the posts in here.. Mind if I join in? Judi

Last edited by jraz : Fri, Jan-17-03 at 19:55.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 20:55
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hey Kassie, hang in there. Spring is around the corner; the days are getting longer already. Congratulations on the five pound loss since Christmas!
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 12:17

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi Everyone,

I've been so busy I never got online all week. I've been doing well with my exercise and food. I started using weights this week. I thought I would take it slow and use small weights, since I'm not very athletic. (the understatement of the year!) But I've done 2 days so far and my thighs are killing me. My bf (who works out regularly), assures me that this is temporary. I'm OK as long as I don't try to sit, but standing is fine, lol.

Hi to all the new posters,

Gina, 32 pounds since 10/27 is great. I've been doing this for 9 mos and "only" lost 29. Don't let your husband discourage you.

Karlita, welcome back, looking forward to hearing about your progress. Posting definetly helps to keep you on track. I know the more often I check in and log my food in my journal the easier this WOL is.

Toni, you've done awesome. It must feel great to have accomplished such an amazing loss! Your pics look great.

Kassie, I'm in NE too and this cold weather is brutal. But they are saying it's supposed to get COLDER on Tuesday and Wednesday. I take the T to work and waiting for the bus is awful!!! When is it going to get warmer??? Have you tried light therapy for SAD?

Celina and Judi, how long have you been LCing?

Hope everyone is doing well and that this week I'll have more time to check in.

Summer
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 12:28

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Hi everybody I just finished up my workout for today and about to update my gym log. I, too have been faithfully exercising, eating right, and getting in my water. I have been doing pretty well staying away from things I think stall me. I left my measurement papers at work so I'll measure tomorrow, I'd better have results!

Toni is totally kicking but losing so far, she's beating us! We gotta catch up! And you're right, we may have to call this the Thin Ladies Club soon!

Lessara & Summer: I guess it's supposed to be freezing for the next two weeks. At least they're not saying the "S" word really!

Summer: WTG on the weights!!!! I sympathize with you, were you doing squats or lunges or something? I call it walking like a cowboy...it's pure torture to get down to the potty seat

Judi: welcome and jump in anytime!

Ali: ok where's your pics, toni got up the gall to put hers up

Karlita: where'd you go??? what are you up to?
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 13:23

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi Darklotus,

You just reminded me that I haven't taken measurements in a while, I should try to find time to do that today.

Yes, my legs are hurting from lunges. I tried to do some squats today but it was too painful.

I don't know if I can take 2 more weeks of this weather. I think I feel a "sick" day coming soon. Are you in NE too?

Summer