Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 11:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/145/135 Female 5'4
BF:idunno
Progress: 75%

You know what is so funny? I just drank another slim fast shake this morning (the vanilla flavored one) and I am amazed that it does taste as bad as yesterday. That is sooo wierd!!! Maybe Im tolerating it, or something, because yesterday, it was... not good... Hmmm, maybe I can live with this.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 13:41

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Lady808,

How's it going? I didn't start the shake fast yesterday... bad day, very bad day! But, I am doing it today. I can't wait until Monday to see the results. I am only going for three days, and then, if it's easier than I think, I'll stick with it through Wednesday, for a total of six days. I am so hoping this will kickstart getting rid of these last 10 pounds!

Here's hoping it's going well for you! BTW, I am using the Atkins premade shakes, and since I work from home, blending them with some ice, water and flax seed to make them a little more filling. I am using choc and vanilla and they taste good to me!

Cheers,
Andie
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 17:33

Im doing OK with those shakes, but I get sooo hungry. And plus I wasnt following Jiggy Puff's plan. I figured just doing the shakes (I mean drinking them breakfast and lunch) would do the trick, but I get so hungry. So now, I guess, I have to add more meat and fish into the program. Right now, I just drank my lunch shake at 10:30Am, and was so hungry (Im serious-I couldnt think of anything else but my stomach's gurgling) I went to the lunch wagon to buy fish tempura to fulfill my hunger (and of course, I just ate the meat of the fish and not the coating).

I am willing to try those Atkins shakes but I dont think we have those Atkins powder shakes here. I mean, only now did I see the slim fast shakes in stores. Here in Hawaii, we are very backwards or very late in getting stuff. Maybe next year, when I dont need the shakes anymore, Hawaii will have them. LOL.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 23:16

Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

I have been at this for 2 days and have lost 7 pounds.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 01:05

WOW! 7 pounds?! Holy cow!!! Is that all you have been eating? What's your secret?
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 06:56

Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%

I did Slim Fast in the 80's. They blocked my intestines and I had to have surgery. My surgeon said the high fiber overwhelmed my system and it would be much safer to eat my veggies in the future and leave the high fiber shakes alone. I missed a lot of work lying in the hospital getting IV antibiotics.

No more Slim Fast for me!
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 09:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 169/153/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 47%

Scott9050--You must be rockin!! Awesome job. Keep it up and let us know what you are eating. Are you hungry at all? I will start the modified shake diet Sunday or Monday depending on what day I go to the store to pick up more flaxmeal.
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 19:17

OK, update...
Lost 2 pounds in 3...errr, ok 2 1/2 days...
Better. Im not really looking for a fast weight loss, just to jump start the thing again.
got 4 more days to go...
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 19:29
Registered Member

Stats: 309/289/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I couldnt do the shake fast because of having that sweetness all the time. If I have too many now I crave them. Im sure you would lose because if you replace your three meals with them you would only be getting about 600 calories.
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 20:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydaisy2
Scott9050--You must be rockin!! Awesome job. Keep it up and let us know what you are eating. Are you hungry at all? I will start the modified shake diet Sunday or Monday depending on what day I go to the store to pick up more flaxmeal.

I will say first that I went a few weeks off the diet and gained 10 pounds. I have now lost that 10 pounds in 3 days. All I have been doing is basically a slim fast/ Atkins mix. I have 2 shakes during the day (the low carb ones) and then eat a good induction friendly meal with a good amount of protein at night. I have also been making sure to take my vitamins. I have been exercising doing weights, jogging and swimming, although I took today off to rest. I plan on doing this until Wednesday or Thursday, I want to reach the mid 280's if possible (at least 288, the 30 lb loss mark). The first two days were hard, but now I have that energy buzz that I like.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 20:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianagrl
I couldnt do the shake fast because of having that sweetness all the time. If I have too many now I crave them. Im sure you would lose because if you replace your three meals with them you would only be getting about 600 calories.

If you have 2 during the day and eat a decent Atkins friendly meal at night though, it seems to work without going into starvation mode.
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: Whey Protein & Skim Milk
Stats: 240/150/160 Male 66 inches
BF:No Thanks!
Progress: 113%

For those of you who wish to learn
more about the benefits of Whey Protein,
you might check out the following link:
http://www.wheyoflife.org/index.cfm

While it is undoubtably an industry site,
it has links to all sorts of RESEARCH which
shows rich benefits for consuming whey protein.
Look at the IN THE NEWS section in the links
in the purple part of the left hand column on
the main page and it will take you to many,
many studies that may be of interest.

I still say that the CANNED shakes have a bad
taste and too little protein in em. You can easily
make your own with Protein ISOLATE powder.
This is the purest type of protein. The Canned
Shakes have only BLENDS of protein in them.
The powder I mix with skim milk is 75% pure
protein by volume. Most of them are less by
half or a quarter of that. Hope you find this
information interesting. I can assure you that
whey shakes are healthy and my doctor has
given his seal of approval with them for my
weight maintenance program.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 23:11

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that is going to be incorporating shakes and a nice lowcarb supper and snacks.I wouldnt call what I'm doing a fast though by any means I just started today and so far so good
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 03:05

Plan: Ketogenic/85-90%Carnivore
Stats: 298/206/168 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianagrl

Please understand I don't recommend just shakes only; you need the extra protein and fats to keep your calories at a safe level. Also the fat helps with controling your hunger and rate of loss. This is why this is a modified plan that was nutritionally verified by FitDay .
I plan on going back on my Shake-Fat Fast next week. So that would be 1 week Fast, 2 week Induction, 1 week fast etc.

Last edited by Jiggy Puff : Sun, Jan-29-06 at 03:13.
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 08:28
Registered Member

Stats: 309/289/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sorry Jiggy Puff I didnt see the post where you listed your plan. but I found it, sounds good.