Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:03

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Hi Teresa
I've never seen one for the shoe, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. If you do get a waist one, I've found that it needs to be just above the edge of my pelvic bone as opposed to the side of my hip. And another thing I did was to try it in a few different places and then walked, counting out 100 steps, and then check the meter for accuracy.
Kelly
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

We are nearing the end of our 1st week -

What has motivated you to get out this week? Some of us have extremely cold weather conditions, snow, darkness, etc. Have there been other obstacles?

What makes you get up and go?
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:57

My motivations are strictly image/ego oriented right now. Sure I want to get out and do this for my health, but in truth, right now I'm more interested in improving the way I look. With the weight I've lost I'm gaining some rather unappealing sagging skin that I'm hoping will become more elastic with the exercise. I know it sounds a bit shallow, but if that's what it takes to get me off the couch and on the road, I'll live with it. But don't worry, I'll never become a "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" kind of person.

The other obstacle I have to overcome is finding the time, working full time and part time really cuts into your free time.

Kelly

#64   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 20:29

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

My motivation is three-fold... the first is the hope that it will aid in weightloss & toning, the second is that it will make me healthier, and the third, and most effective, is that my body seems to be LOOKING for exercise, perhaps for the first time in my life!

Wynter
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 00:18

BF:

I arrived home from work to a major downpour, so thought I would wait it out - well finally at 9PM I knew I couldn't delay any longer so went out into the rain. I don't think it let up at all, but I am really proud of myself for going and finishing Session #3 for Week #1.

As I walked along I was thinking about poor Mudknife going out tomorrow morning as I caught the weather for Michigan - Port Huron was into single digits!! YIKES! (that's about -20C) and all of that snow!

Anyhow I guess we can all use whatever reason we need to procrastinate but this thread and the TDC Challenge is really helping me to stay focused!

Hope you are all having a great week too!
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 17:37

BF:

where the heck is everyone??
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 18:25

I'm here, and glad I got all my walking in early this week. The bad weather has hit. Ice fog and snow. Traffic was awful coming home.
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 18:30

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey everybody. I am new to this site, but I would like to join your challange. It will do me good since I have a 8.15 mile run coming up on February 16th (Great Aloha Run) right here in Honolulu.

Even though I am not able to run it due to recent Major surgery, I will still walk it and hopefully do so under 3 hrs.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 18:55

Hello miezimau
Welcome
At least you won't use cold weather as an excuse not to get out and do it like me!
I was at the Ironman on Hawaii a few years back (as a spectator obviously ) and was in awe of the athletes I saw. At least it won't be too hot for you in February. At the Ironman, participants were passing out it was so hot.
Cheers
Kelly
p.s. love the control freak thing
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 19:06

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Thanks Kelly for the welcome. I am trying to at least walk 3 miles 3-4 times per week. I live up on a hill and have to wait for DH to come home or I have to take him to work so I can go down to the track and get my walking in. My right knee is still shot from a surgery I had almost 10 years ago and it hurts me really bad going up and down hill.

I am really looking forward to this challange.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 21:21

BF:

Well I haven't had my second or third session yet - probably will need to do them Saturday & Sunday, and count the start of next week as Monday.. but I'll get back on track next week.

For some reason, I'm exhausted today - not just usually tired, or worn out, but WIPED... I was contemplating going for some caffeine at work today, just so that I didn't fall asleep at my desk (haven't had any caffeine since Sept) - and it was all I could do to walk up the stairs at home. Strange! I woke up feeling that way as well - usually I'm up out of bed at 6:30 before the alarm. This morning, I rolled out of bed & onto the couch, and then slept some more until I had to painfully force myself up at 8:10 in order to make it to work! TOM's coming... doesn't usually affect me that way, but this could be something new However, I plan to make it an early night and walk in the morning Sat & Sun - I can do it!

Wynter
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 21:36
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I've been sick this week with a cold so I've taken most of it off. See you next week.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 21:39

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Completed all three sessions.
Ready for next weeks
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 14:35

BF:

Welcome miezimau! It will great to have you along with us.

I just arrived home from Week # 2, Session # 1 and oh my what a pace it was this morning. We walked over 4KM (2.5Miles) in 45 minutes (only supposed to have been 30 minutes). It was a bit of a challenge, I have to admit that I was at the back of the pack for our group but kept on.

I did stretches both before and after the walk and that really helped I think. I had a bit of discomfort in my right leg and foot again - it tends to go completely numb sometimes. Hoping that the regular walking and stretching will combat that.

I'll post Week # 2 sessions shortly. I need to read up myself!

Good to see everyone checking in!
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 20:51

BF:

Yay! Got my 3 sessions in for week 1!!!

Quite pleased with myself, as I had to do 2 this weekend - my energy level suffered a major dip at the end of the week, and I couldn't do my morning walks. 1 of the walks wasn't my official "walk" around the nearby track, but we were out of town on Saturday, and I went for a brisk stroll around the town.

On to week 2!!

Wynter