Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 05:10

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
Take it a little easy on us. Of the 6 men that replied, only 2 said something negative. The rest just get overlooked.

Agreed. Bashing either sex is idiotic.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 05:15

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKarb Kay

It may get me flamed, but I'll defend the right of the men here who said that the gal is not their cup of tea.

Absolutely. We all like different looks, and there isn't anything wrong with that.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 07:23

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
"Fat means someone who is obese, who doesn't take care of themselves, who never does any exercise and lies around all day, being a slob. I take care of myself.

"The only thing that is different about me is that I refuse to starve myself to turn my body into something it was never meant to be."

Stereotype much? Not all obese lay around, not taking care of themselves and being slobs. Yeesh. To her credit, she rags the obese as much as the thinner sizes. Usually, it one or the other. Sometimes I see it on these boards.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 16:14

Plan: Atkins-ish/IF-ish
Stats: 385/278/180 Female 5'10"
BF:something, maybe
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl
Absolutely. We all like different looks, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

I agree Daryl! We each have preferences and attractions. I have no problem with that...however, I think it's incredibly insensitive to baldly state *although she is too fat for my tastes i expect i would still date her though* on a board dealing with weight issues.

I just find the phrasing rather offensive...apart from the fact that she (a) doesn't even know the commenter, (b) hasn't expressed any interest in the commenter and (c) she's 16. You know what I mean?
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 16:39
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

So she is a US 12, which is smaller then the average woman, I wouldn't call her plus size! I am in a US ten but I had to really work to get here, even with Atkins.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 07:48
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

That is the biggest size 12 woman I've ever seen. She's not much smaller than me and I'm a 16. And my clothes do not have wrinkles from being overly tight the way her jeans do.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 08:20
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
That is the biggest size 12 woman I've ever seen.

Liz, I had to say, I've been biting my tongue, holding back from saying the same thing. She's 176 lbs and 5'10" and a US 12??? She looks heavier than that in those photos. And I know the camera adds pounds, but not that many.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 10:35

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm 194 an while I'm shorter than she is and wear anywhere from a 14 to 17 (depending on where I shop), she looks bigger than I do, particularly in the hip and thigh area.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 11:28
Registered Member

I question the stats.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 11:50

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

Quote:
That is the biggest size 12 woman I've ever seen. She's not much smaller than me and I'm a 16. And my clothes do not have wrinkles from being overly tight the way her jeans do.

you took the words right out of my mouth. i won't be able to fit into a 12 for another 40lbs.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 12:14

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
I question the stats.
Yes, I do too. She looks more like a UK size 18 or even a 20 (US14 or 16) to me.

I also dispute her weight, which in the original article was stated as being 12st 8lb which is 176lb. I'm sure she's heavier than that. At 5ft 10", I'm the same height as Chloe, but if you compare my 'progress' pic (taken when I was about 165lb) with her pic, you can see that there's quite a difference, even when taking into consideration that she's 11lb heavier.

Having said all that, I do wish her luck, and hope that she does outshine all those "Beanpoles, you know, size 8s (US4), maybe a few 10s(US6), tall, blonde" that she'll be up against in the Miss England competition.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 12:22
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Liz, I had to say, I've been biting my tongue, holding back from saying the same thing. She's 176 lbs and 5'10" and a US 12??? She looks heavier than that in those photos.

I've been thinking the same and afraid to say so too! LOL (and thought so too on an earlier post about her with a more flattering picture in a dress.) I'm shorter and in a US size 14, and think I look smaller than her.
Shee looks about 200-210 pounds, size 18 to me. Demi, she looks much more like your "before" picture than your "during".
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 12:47
Registered Member

Quote:
Having said all that, I do wish her luck, and hope that she does outshine all those "Beanpoles, you know, size 8s (US4), maybe a few 10s(US6), tall, blonde" that she'll be up against in the Miss England competition.
So do I. I even understand why the stats are rather obviously doctored.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 11:51

BF:

Size 16 Miss England hopeful Chloe unveils a curvy look in first official bikini shoot

Daily Mail
1st April 2008

Chloe Marshall is the teenage beauty queen who broke the mould by becoming the first size 16 beauty queen contender to make it to the finals of the Miss England contest.

And now she reveals her shapely body in the official Miss England bikini – not forgetting her tiara of course – in her first bikini photoshoot since winning the Miss Surrey title.

Posing confidently poolside in the brief white gem-embossed Miss England bikini which she'll wear in the pageant in July, Chloe appears completely lacking in self-consciousness.

The 17-year-old trainee beautician doesn't look like your average beauty queen. And she couldn't be happier about it.

She said: "It's what I was born to do – posing for the camera. And as I keep saying, I love my body.

"People seem desperate to get me to say that I don't, that deep down I'm not happy and would rather be thin, but the fact is I wouldn't change myself at all.

"Do I have fat days? Of course, but what woman doesn't!"

Chloe beat a host of slimmer hopefuls to be named Miss Surrey earlier this month, and hopes to win the national competition in July.

The Guildford-born plus-size model weighs 12st 8lb, is 5ft 10in tall and has a 38DD bust.

But although she is the average size for a woman, in the age which has seen the rise of the scarily thin size zero model, she certainly stands out.

Chloe said reaction has been mainly positive, but she admitted in an interview with Hello magazine, that there had been some snide remarks with one writer accusing her of "promoting obesity".

Chloe told Hello: "I'm a size 16, I eat well, I exercise regularly – I jog, swim, and work out with weights.

"What I am promoting is a healthy girl who looks after herself and doesn't try to force her body to be something its not."

The teenager, who has been signed up by the Models Plus agency, said most of her rivals were size eight or ten.

"Everybody thinks you have to be a tall, slim blonde and I'm a curvy brunette," she added.

"I want to show it is possible to be beautiful and not a standard size zero.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...icc=picbox&ct=5
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 11:56

BF:

I love the fact that she’s happy and comfortable with her body, but she’s definitely not a UK size 16 if her bikini pic is anything to go by.

The average UK size 16 is a 101 cm (39 inch) bust, an 84 cm (33 inch) waist and 114 cm (44 inch) hips (Marks & Spencer Sizing Charts).

What does everybody else think?