Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins/BFL
Stats: 246/215/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying because the bread did not spike my blood glucose its not a valid test?

They are saying that your body has changed the way it is processing food, so unless you have a baseline (i.e., eat a regular bun and see what happens), then it is hard to judge the validity of your experiment.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 08:39
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWC
They are saying that your body has changed the way it is processing food, so unless you have a baseline (i.e., eat a regular bun and see what happens), then it is hard to judge the validity of your experiment.

I assure you my diabeties is not cured, and if it is under control it is because of what I eat and the amount of exercise that I do. My intent was not to spike or not spike my blood sugar with this test. It was to try and validate their carb claim. I know for fact what eating 4 carbs will do nto my blood sugar and also what effect 10 or 20 or more will have. The results mimiced the reading i would get for 4 carbs not 10 or above so I have to assume their carb count claim is correct. I am glad cameromom can eat as she did without concequence. I for 1 can not.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 09:21

Plan: Self-Made LC
Stats: 255/129/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
I assure you my diabeties is not cured, and if it is under control it is because of what I eat and the amount of exercise that I do. I am glad cameromom can eat as she did without concequence. I for 1 can not.

I agree Kevin. I've been told once diagnosed as a Diabetic it's for life.

It can however be controlled to live as others who do not have Diabetes.

Just like Alcoholism. After giving up drinking you are still an Alcoholic. An Alcoholic is never 'cured'.

As a Diabetic, I'm learning the same with carbs.

Nikki
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 08:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

I wrote to the company and they responded that they do not sell to the public but it seemed like I could order from them. That is confusing. I might place an order.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 09:09
Kitchen Experimenter

I tried to warn you that they are not setup yet to take online payments or ship yet. im not sure how you can order unless you plan to go to Washington pa and pick it up.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 09:24

They gave me shipping info and pricing. This is what is so confusing.

Last edited by ShayKNJ : Tue, Jan-17-06 at 12:17.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 09:44
Kitchen Experimenter

If you go back and look at my posts they were supposed to let me know when they were ready to do all this and as of yet I have heard nothing and I don't plan to rush them so if you want to try that is up to you. I washed my hands of it when people decided to go it on their own.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 12:18

CORRECTION!!! I went back and re-read the email they sent me because I was so confused and they responded they DO SELL TO THE PUBLIC!!!

Last edited by ShayKNJ : Tue, Jan-17-06 at 12:29.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/147/128 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thanks Kevin for doing the tests and letting us know!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 14:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 128/117.5/110 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hey Guys, I keep looking at the date on this post. I never thought I would ever see another "new" low carb product in my lifetime. This is so exciting only a 40 min. drive for me! Woo Hoo! Thanks to all for the info.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 14:45

That's great for you. I entered the address into Mapquest and it was like a 6 hour drive for me. They did say they bake fresh to order so you should call in your order first before going there.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 13:07

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 182/174/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

I just spoke to a nice lady. I placed an order and she's going to get back to me with a quote. If the shipping isn't too ridiculous then I'll go thru with my order. I'm all the way in CA so it doesn't look so good
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 08:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 252/237/199 Male 5 10
BF:
Progress:

Hello folks,

I picked up quite a load of products that I will be reviewing for taste only (not a tester of blood sugar). The folks at Tastefully Delicious have been thrilled by the number of responses to their products from this community, and have shipping underway.

First up - Cinnamon rolls:

These have 0 Sugar Alcohols, and use Whey Low as their sweetener. From what information I know, this is FAR better than malititol and its brothers in terms of actual effective carbs and glycemic factors.

The verdict? Loved it. Virtually interchangable with a bakery cinnamon roll, without the intense white frosting. I prefer it actually, as did the non-low carb fiancee. When you pull it apart you see the same layers of pastry as you would with the full-carb counterpart. They are small, but I was quite happy with 1.

7 1/2 carbs each, about 2.59 for a pack of two.

When I am home next week, I'll post the rest.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 10:55

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 182/174/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

3 day shipping would be almost $30 for me, Yikes! I can't justify that right now. Though I'd Looooooooooooove a cinnamon roll. I think I'll just order the few things that I wanted that I think will be okay with standard shipping. The pancake mix, bread crumbs and bagel chips
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 14:45

I received my order on Friday. I was disappointed with the fact that the pancake mix bag broke during shipping so everything was covered in it. They should put this in another bag to avoid this from happening. I will let them know.

I ordered bagels, garlic twists, cinnamin buns, (excellent!) pizza crusts, muffins and the pancake mix. So far everything I tried was good. They shipped my stuff on Wednesday and it arrived on Friday. The bagels were a little hard on the bottoms but they are good toasted.