Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 06:55

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

tulips....... Labor Day Goal...235 GOOOooo Team!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 08:12

Plan: low carbing it
Stats: 232.5/225/140 Female 5ft,4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Unhappy Go Team Go

Wow what a team

I need a kick in the butt, I twisted my ankle yesterday and spent the rest of the night eating, feeling sorry for myself. I continued the rampage this morning. Someone out there, give me a friendly kick please!!!!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 10:12

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Friendly kick for LadyJ, as requested:

Eating doesn't assuage the physical pain or the self pity. Call Mom (I'm not kidding) for sympathy. Call some girlfriends and mention that you hurt yourself. They will offer solace. Overeating will only lead to more depression, which leads to more self pity, which leads to more overeating. Break the cycle!

A twisted ankle will mean that you're going to burn less fat while you're resting it, so you need to adjust your eating accordingly.

Sounds to me like that ankle needs strengthening! Can you see a physical therapist? When it gets better, go to the gym and ask the people at the desk to help you develop a strength training regime.

I hope you feel better soon!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%
Default wednesday aug12.. new ppl

hi everyone.. and Happy Wednesday
hey we are growing.. while we are getting smaller...
I love how enthusiastic everyone is... to work on this and encourage everyone.. all together.. (did that make any sense?)

next weigh in will be approx. monday 17th (those of you with a friday or wednesday (TOPS) or some other weigh in.. you can report Monday.. or pop in here and let us know how you are doing before that...

also.. I find that when I lack the will-power to be 'good'.. all I have to do is pop on here, and see all the other ppl on the team who want me to succeed.. and that does it.. makes me wanna go for my walk (my big downfall).. and eat correctly.. so a) hang in there on a 'bad' day, come find some encouragments, b) post often.. the good and the bad (we are here for you!).. and c) helpful hints, encouragments, and pep talks are needed by some more than others... (help us!). . LOL...

here is our newest list.. i wish i knew a way to save this info and be able to just refresh(edit) it without having to make a new post each time.. oh well.. it is working.. for now..lol

dianna9234 268........... (258 by Labor Day) 5.5 to goal
[9/7 -4.5 loss]
toofattoo 250.......... (245 by Labor Day) 5 to goal
golflady59 190..........
BabyPhat 263.......... (255 by labor Day) 8 to goal
[9/7 -2 loss]
reowdy 267.......... (217 by Christmas)
Tanikova 206.5........ (199 by Labor Day) 6 to goal
[9/10 - 1.5 loss]{205}
AFwife 182........... (175 by Labor Day) 17 to goal
[9/10 192]
josiekat 243.......... (235 by Labor Day) 8 to goal
twinmum429 279.5......... (259.5 by Labor Day) 20 to goal
locarbnabi 255.......... (240 by Labor Day) 15 to goal
LaceyJo 241.......... (235 by Labor day) 9 to goal
(9/10 244)
Kish 285 .......... (268 by Labor Day) 20 to goal (goal = 240 by Nov 6th wedding day)
JanJ 236.5 .......... (227 by Labor Day) 9.5 to goal
bike2work 258 ..........(250 by Labor Day) 8 to goal
glosingit 281 .......... (279 by Labor Day) 2 to goal
katthleen 293 .......... (280 by Labor Day) 13 to goal
ladyj816 225 .......... (210 by Labor Day) 15 to goal
meljean 301 .......... (290 by Labor Day) 10 to goal
happy2lose 295 .......... (280 by Labor Day) 15 to goal
tulip 243 .......... (235 by Labor Day) 8 to goal

best of everything
everyone

dianna
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 19:02

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know
Progress: 21%

Y'all have some group here. I would be happy to be a cheer leader.

GO TEAM
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 20:52

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 315/309/215 Female 72 inches 6 ft
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 6%
Talking Hello-Just checking in!

Well, it looks like the group is coming along nicely.

I noticed a question from Meljean and just happen to know the answer..

Tops stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly

It is a group who gather to support each other in losing weight . Most groups meet at a church, hospital, or other location once a week for a weigh in,advice, encouragement, and inspiration... Similar to weight watchers I suppose.. _________________________________________________________________

I used to go to tops years ago when doing a low Cal diet.. I know it works for some but never for me. I gave up low cal packed on another 40lb before I smartened up and listened to ATKINS.

But I better stop now.. Rambling....

** LadyJ ~ You can do it girl!! Hang in!

***Bike2work I couldn't have said it better, good job..!!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 20:58

BF:
Cool Friendly kick

Thanks for the friendly kick I needed that! My ankle is swollen and it is that time of month However I went to the grocery store to stock up on the good stuff. I can walk no problem and will be going to the gym but taking it easy tommorow . Thanks for the suggestion on the strengh training, I just realized how often i have twisted this ankle, by going over on it. I powerwalk, rollerskate. jog, swim and go to curves and have no problem, however walking slow and taking a relaxing stroll is the issue.

Go team Go

P.s I will be at the trailer Monday, but will be back Tuesday evening so I will post then.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 07:32

Plan: Modified LowCarb/Diabetic
Stats: 309.5/280/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Everyone:

Well, I thought that I had a good week, but my weigh in last night at TOPS showed that I was UP 3.5lbs, so that means that at 284.5lbs, I now have 5.5lbs to lose by Labour Day instead of my original 2. What was ironic was that every single person at the meeting had a major gain last night and we are talking from 3.5 to 9lbs - so we are thinking that something funky must have been happening with humidity & the weather & the scale - because we are talking 12 people. I have never seen anything like this before!

Whoever described TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) did a great job. The only difference with our support group over Weight Watchers and any others is that we do not give out a diet. Everyone follows their own thing - whatever works for you, or whatever your doctor puts you on to follow for specific medical consideration. This can lead to some pretty interesting discussions and exchanges of information! It is basically a support group where you are accountable to the scale once a week!

I hope that everyone else is having a great week! I need to see these pounds disappear for next week! I am tightening my belt and now I will be SUPER GOOD for the next week!

Georgina
Chateauguay, QC
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 13:50

Plan: Whatever Works :-)
Stats: 242/234/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default mid-week weigh in

Hey everyone... I got on the scale this morning and I am sooooo amped!!!

It is my "girlie" week, and the scale still moved, I having been overeating peanuts, and the scale still moved.... I am down 2 lbs I am down to 259 now... YEA!!! I hope to be down 4 more pounds by the 6th.. I am going out of town...BUT if I go I will still weigh myself and weigh in either the 5th or the 6th whenever we get back home... I can not wait to take my one month progress photos so I can show the difference, I can even see it now and it has been 3 weeks. When I post them I will let you all know...

this might be jumping the gun, but do we have an October goal or challenge???

Denise

(Just keep swimming- "Finding Nemo")
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 14:03

Plan: Whatever Works :-)
Stats: 242/234/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 12%

I miss the "walking" thing... are we also walking with this challenge and if so, how far, how many times a week?
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 15:16

Stats: 265/249/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Ok everyone. I haven't weighed any sinc Monday but I still feel like nothing is moving. I am coming off of a few weeks of not eating and drinking properly...not that I had any illegal foods its just that I wasn't eating lunch and drinking all the water I should. Now that I am back to a normal schedule I thought I would be able to tell the difference but I can't. Hopefully I will see some movement in the scale on Monday. Encouragement anyone??I am feeling a little down in the dumps...

I hope this passes...

Jeanna
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 15:49

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know
Progress: 21%

Hang in there Jeanna. You can make it. We are here to help when we can. One of the way that I help get my water in is to flavor it a little. Hold on the the end of the rope while we pull you up.

Take care from your not so local friendly cheerleader.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 16:10

BF:
Thumbs up

Hang on to that rope tight Jeanna I am below you and we both need to be pulled back up I am having a better day, I must say, except for my mid afternoon snack I am also having my girlie week and I swear I am bloated to the point of explosion, I can almost feel my rear end and tummy expanding as I write. Hope everyone is doing great!
Go Team Go!!!!!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 17:21

Plan: Whole30
Stats: 300/269.2/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Go Jeanna, Go you can do it!
So sorry you're feeling down. Just hang in there, we're all here for you. It'll pass soon I promise.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 18:12

Stats: 265/249/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I am sitting here at my laptop with 3 water bottles vowing not to get up until they are all gone. You guys rock. Just to log on and see that people have me in their thoughts is just so heart warming. Thanks so much. I hope I can repay this to you one day. Keep me in your thoughts and hopefully Monday I will have some good news to report.

Jeanna