Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 10:20

Plan: Whatever Works :-)
Stats: 242/234/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 12%

Good morning Zuleka... I will add your name to list. Basically we weigh in once a week, whatever day that you weight, just copy and paste the list of names in your post and add your new weight. We also post our daily menus and exercise. You don't have to do it, but we all have found that it helps us stay accountable for what we eat and it also helps us to follow our WOE.

I personally try to drink 1 gallon of water per day. I might have a sugar free coco if I am craving chocolate, or spruced up decaff coffee with a little sugar free vanilla syrup and whip cream. I try and limit my diet sodas or carbonated waters to 1 per day. Everything that I drink is decaffienated.

Babyphat....267/261.5/
dstartz....
finngal....
golflady59....184
Michelle....
RedheadPen....163.5/163.5/125
rodmick....
sproch3384....
Zuleka....
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 11:17

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello all!
Sounds like everyone is doing well!

Me - well - trying to stick with it but the cravings are killin me (I think I told ya yesterday already...) By the time I got home I ended up with a Mich Ultra and two handfuls of goldfish crackers, and a thumb-size piece of cheesecake....growl.

Did real well the rest of the day, though; my hubbie had bought a pound of my lc roast beef for me and I ate that pretty much for br, lunch & snacks! Drank at least a gallon of water: a fun trick with my students (I teach sixth grade) is to have them fill up my water bottle for me when they see it empty (during reasonable times of course )

Anyway - I was thinking the cravings were due to the fact that I didn't vary my food yesterday so by the end of the day I wanted ANYTHING different. I won't do that again. But I was wondering....could you guys post whatever it is that helps you get through a craving attack? Or, what you keep on hand when the urge arrives?

I did so well with this two years ago & this time I have less to lose but can't seem to step up to the plate yet! (no pun intended...)

Thanks, all...and here's to a NO cheat day!

ps - yes, finally kids are better, back at school, I'm hitting the gym tonight, woohooo!

finngal
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 11:20

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

ok - will try the sugar free cocoa, any brand better than the others? I don't drink coffee at all...

the only other thing I drink is diet coke (1) which I'm ditching today! and at least a gallon of water per day

Welcome, Zuleka! (another FL gal!)
finngal
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 18:03

BF:

Hi finngal,

I would have to say that cravings have hit me really hard the last couple of days. I think it is due to TOM next week, I have a serious acne break out on my chin and that normally is a tell tell sign that my time is coming.

When I have cravings, I make a cup of decaff coffee, and add white chocolate and chocolate sugar free syrup in and top it off with redi whip.. tastes just like a Starbuck's White Chocolate latte... it helps with my chocolate cravings and my cravings for sweet.

Have you tried nuts? Or mixing cream cheese with a little splenda and melted baker's chocolate? I've also made pumpkin bake, which to me tasted like sweet potatoe pie, and of course I top everything off with redi whip which has less that 1 carb per 2 tablespoons.

You have to get creative, I try to focus on what I can eat, instead of what I can't eat.

Stay strong...

Denise
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 21:54

BF:

I am sitting here at my pc sipping a sugar free white chocolate decaff coffee, and it feels sooo good. I swear it feels as though I am cheating with this WOE.. wouldn't trade it for the world. I got all of my water in today, got my work out in, and also did some more shopping today for low carb items. I bought the 1-2-3 low carb cook book I saw in this month's issue of Carb lite magazine. I'm thinking about getting a subscription because they have so many ideas and helpful tips for low carbing. I just want to totally consume myself with this way of life, because it is something that I plan on doing for life.

Well, here is how my day went food wise

Breakfast- Slim fast low carb shake

Snack#1- 2 Turkey pepper jack roll ups

Lunch- 1/3 can of Carb focus soup

Snack#2- handful of peanuts

Dinner- Chicken marsala and creamed broccoli

Dessert- sugar free white chocolate coffee

Snack#3- Not sure if I will have one

1 gallon of water
1 16 oz. diet peach snapple

1 mile workout w/ 1 pound ball weights

In the morning, I'm going to try and get fearless and do the 2 mile workout.. I know it is going to kill me, but my reward will be going to the mall afterwards to shop!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 22:21

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

B
3 eggs
salsa
cheese

L
lc tortilla
tuna/mayo
5 grape tomato

D
1/2 chicken breast
2 grape tomato
brocoli
w nacho cheese

Morning exercise was great!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 04:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/157.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Morning Everyone Hope all had a great day.

Yesterday food:
B - 2 eggs with 1 slice bacon
L - cheeseburger with 1 slice bacon and 1/2 cup broccoli slaw
D - left over chicken wings, lettuce leaves smeared with blue cheese
Was hungry and ate about 2 ounces of almonds!
Drank all my water.

I was at the hairdresser and read an article by Oprah on her weight loss and how she is doing her booty camp with a few of her employees. She gave them guidelines and one was to start viewing food as fuel for their body NOTHING MORE. hahaha now I am a fuel a holic.

On the sweet thing.......... I love flavored coffee's for this. Yesterday afternoon I had Death by Chocolate coffee with a touch of heavy cream and splenda........delish! Felt like drinking a Hershey chocolate bar.
My fav is Maple walnut........I think I am drinking ice cream LOL.

Oh what webs we weave.

Have a great day everyone!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 08:19

BF:

Good morning everyone,

I will be back later to post my food, etc. Just thought I would drop in before I left for the mall to say hello. Please don't forget to post your weight this week. Thanks to everyone who has been posting their meals and exercise each day. It's interesting to see what everyone is eating, etc.

Well, I decided not to excersise this morning, instead I'm off to the mall with my mom and I will walk around in there I know at least a mile. So I'm wearing my pedometer to track my progress. I'm going to try and get 5,000 steps in before I get back home this afternoon.

Happy Friday everyone!

Denise
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 19:23

BF:

Hey ladies,

Went to the mall and I walked until my toes hurt it seems.. but the pedometer said 943 steps. Oh well.....

Haven't eaten much today because I have been on the run so much. What little I have had has only been meat, cheese and nuts. I just made my "mock" white chocolate latte... so I'm having that right now.. not sure what I will have for dinner, probably just a chicken breast baked in the oven with cheese and ranch dressing.

I am slowly, but surely beginning to learn how to use food primarily as "fuel", and to try and make my food as tasty and varied as possible.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 20:19

BF:

Howdy all! I had a really happy morning! I tried on jeans that were to tight 2 weeks ago and they fit! Woo hoo!!!

My menu
b
3 boiled eggs
butter
grape tomatoes

L
chicken breast

D
chicken
asparagus.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 20:33

BF:

Good for you rodmick... I know that must have been great! I can't wait to get back into my clothes.. I think I'm going to have a party when I do! LOL
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 03:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/157.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Michelle YOU ROCK singing the happy dance for you Now, could you get my clothes to fit me???

I know I know I said I wasn't going to get on the scale but OOPS I did. and I have G A I N E D Scales says 160 Now, here's the deal. Last night and this week I ate lunch-meat which consisted of pepperoni and salami ate that for dinner last night because I was too lazy to make anything. I immediately checked measurements and lost an inch off the waist so that made me feel better. I think this is temp and due to the higher sodium level of foods that I haven't eaten in months. Anyone agree ? LOL I know I haven't cheated or gone off plan so its my story and I am sticking to it.

I'll change my stats tomorrow if its still there and take measurements too.

Baby...what kind of pedometer do you have? I bet it didn't work right! Don't let that darn think discourage you. The only ones that really work are the expensive ones. phooey on that.

Yesterday food:
B - 1 egg, 1 slice bacon
L - chicken with 1 slice of cheese roll ups. Pepperoni and salami
D - Pepperoni and salami roll ups with cheese
Yogurt. Fat free, organic 1 cup this day and day before...could be the culprit. forgot I ate it lol.
Hope everyone has a great day and wonderful week-end!

Last edited by RedheadPen : Sat, Feb-12-05 at 04:38.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 06:29

BF:

Redhead, I totally agree about water retention from salt. You cant gain in your waist shrunk. Keep chugging your water to flush it.
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 17:12

BF:

Hey redhead,

I think the sodium really does make a difference. I DON'T add any salt to the foods I eat. I have to watch my salt intake any way because I have high blood pressure. But I would definitely agree that eating too much salty food can make the scale go up.
Are you drinking at leat 64 oz. of water a day? I've been trying to make sure that I drink a gallon a day. Do you work out?

As for my pedometer, it was a cheap-o that I got from wal-mart I think I paid like 7 dollars for it.. I don't trust it one bit.. I think alot of the times when I use it.. it doesn't count all of my steps. That's okay, because I know that I'm getting my work out in.
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 18:20

BF:

OMGosh! Hectic day! Busy busy and the other stylist ran behind all day. Ofcourse who do the clients need to be smoothed over by? ME!!!!

B
3 boiled eggs

L
chicken salad with tomato, cucumber, mayo , ,onion, chicken

D
lc tortilla
2 burgers
lettuce
mayo
catsup
asparagus w butter
whipping cream