Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#571   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 20:57

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

week 5 Day 4: REST!
Sponsored Links
  #572   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 20:39

BF:

week 5 Day 5: rest day
  #573   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-05, 17:25

BF:

week 5 day 6: Day 9 ABBH

thighs, abs, calves
5x10
65% 1RM
60 sec rest intervals

A1: back squats:94lbs
A2: weighted crunches:22.5lbs
A3: standing calf raises:94lbs

A1-A3 until all 5 sets of 10 are completed, with 60 sec rest interval between each exercise.

squats went really good today....i felt strong! the last set was difficult, but manageable...kept good form and am so proud of myself for getting this workout done!
weighted crunches were fine...used a 22.5lb dumbbell behind my head for the weight.
standing calf raises were great! for some reason they seemed a little more difficult for me today, but maybe its because i really held on the up and down for a little longer than usual.

i cleaned the barbell today for all squats and standing calf raises as well, so i got in a little extra workout doing this....i so love feeling strong! yippeeeeeee!

have a fabulous evening all! tomorrow i will weigh in and measure....exciting!

Last edited by pammiejoe6 : Sat, Aug-06-05 at 17:41.
  #574   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-05, 20:36

BF:

heres what my week 5 looked like...

Monday: morning HIIT/ Day 6 ABBH

Tuesday: 3 hours steady state cardio ( astroworld)

Wednesday: Day 7 ABBH

Thursday: rest day

Friday: rest day

Saturday: Day 9 ABBH

Sunday: rest day

success!!
  #575   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 10:58

BF:

week 6 day 1: morning HIIT completed!

i will lift later!

#576   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 11:12
Battling the Bulge!

Plan: none specific-
Stats: 259.5/227.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:2high! (no idea?)
Progress: 30%

You are doing GREAT Pammie!

Love ya Babes!
  #577   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 21:36

BF:

week 6 Day 1: morning HIIT completed

Day 13 ABBH completed!

Day 13 ABBH
chest/back
65% 1RM load
60 sec rest intervals between each
5x10

A1: pushups: BW
A2: bench pullups: BW
A3: bench dips: BW
A4: db pullovers: 32.5lbs

A1-A4 until all 5 sets of 10 are completed.

ok...although im supposed to increase my weights a little on these from the 60%1RM load last week to 65% load this week, the only thing i can increase is the db pullovers. the rest of them i can only do with my own body weight, so this will have to do for now until i get stronger.
the pushups are womens style...but i make a point to go all the way to the floor and i feel these things sumfin CRAZY!
the bench pullups are harder than HELL!!! LOL...i swear i thought i might DIE doing these tonight....for safety purposes i have been using the kids bunkbed for these instead of the barbell on the bench....the bunkbed is perfect for these as i can lay halfway under it and pull myself up from there...theres no way in hell i could do pullups any other way so i am proud of myself for getting done what i got done....whew!
the dips are also an exercise from hell....i do these with the bench ....with my feet out and on a bucket....i go all the way down to my pits and then back up. i swear tonight i thought that first set was just gonna kill me....all the other sets felt a lot better though and i am feeling like i am finally getting better at these than a few months ago.
the db pullovers are easy...they arent half as hard as the other exercises i did tonight, so i was always really happy to get around to them......at least until i got the db caught up under the edge of the bench once...shmacked my wrist pretty good on the dumbbell, but didnt do any kind of serious damage....hurt like a bitch at first but its ok now....
  #578   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 12:25
Battling the Bulge!

BF:2high! (no idea?)
Progress: 30%

Gosh Pammie!
Your doiing an AWESOME job!!!!!

You really are SO inspiring!!!
  #579   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 12:04

BF:

week 6 Day 2: rest

week 6 day 3: HIIT ( lifting later tonight)
  #580   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 22:23

BF:

week 6 day 3: HIIT + Day 15 ABBH

Day 15 ABBH:
85% load
10x4
60 sec rest intervals between each

A1: deadlifts: 200lbs
A2: situps: BW
A3: seated calf raises: 160lbs

A1-A3 w/ 60 sec rest intervals between each until all 10 sets of 4 are completed!!

man i love doing deadlifts....i think these might just be my absolute favorite leg exercise!! last week i used 220lbs on them, but then i realized that that was more than 85% of my 1 rep max, so i lowered to the correct weight tonight and really enjoyed the hell out of them! my knees arent so happy.... but man oh man i am!! heheheheeee....gotta LOVE those purty bruised knees after a good deadlift session!
situps are BORING...i know they arent even an optimal ab exercise, but in the program i am doing it suggests doing declined situps...i dont have a decline at this point so i just did regular situps. i will start thinking about what i can do to sub for declines....perhaps i will make a decline.... ...since i do weighted crunches on quad day i am supposed to do a different ab exercise on hammie day...food for thought....
the seated calf raises are good. i really feel them and honestly i STILL feel them right now. again, i know i dont have a machine to do these on so i simply use a chair and a nice thick pillow on my knees, with a block under my feet.....hoist that barbell up on my knees and then proceed to lift and lower until the reps are completed. i always make a point to HOLD at both the top and bottom of each raise.

Last edited by pammiejoe6 : Wed, Aug-10-05 at 23:23.
  #581   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 02:15
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Hiya PJ!
Great workout! I am also falling in love with deads. Still don't care much for squats, meh. Have you tried Leg Lifts for your lower abs? These seem to work pretty good for me:
Quote:
Leg Raises

Muscles Worked:

The primary muscles worked during leg raises are the lower abdominals. Secondarily are the upper abdominals, obliques, and hip flexors.

Equipment Needed:

Leg raises can be performed off the floor or a bench.

Execution:

Lie flat on your back. Place your hands, palms down, under your buttocks. Keep your lower back rounded and slightly raise your shoulders off of the floor.

Keeping your legs slightly bent, raise them about 12 to 16 inches off the floor. With control, lower them back until they are about 6 inches away from the floor. Repeat until you have completed your desired repetitions.

Form:

Make sure that you don't arch your back while performing your repetitions. Placing your hands under your buttocks will help keep your lower back rounded and firmly planted on the floor. This will keep the tension on your abs and eliminate action from the psoas muscles.

Range of Motion:

Don't lift your legs too high or tension will leave the abs, and don't rest your legs on the ground during your set.

The exercise will be much more intense and effective if you concentrate on keeping full tension on the abs during every repetition.

Comments:

Lying leg raises are a great movement to emphasize the lower abs. This is important for complete ab development.

Remember, the abdominals are a muscle and are stimulated by overload. To increase the overload during this exercise you can place a weight on the tops of your feet and ankles or hold a dumbbell between your feet.
  #582   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 04:37

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi girls. I love leg lifts. I have a pad that I didn't use on one of my benches, one of the pads you would use to do preacher curls, and I put it under my hips. It works great for the support needed for my lower back and is very comfortable. You can sure get those abs sore doing leg lifts!! I also do stomach vacuumes every morning, only 2 times holding to 30. Doing the stomach vacs. makes concentrating on holding in ab muscles really easy during other exercises abs especially.

Whenever my forearms heal up, I intend to get back to deadlifts. Right now I'm doing good mornings as an alternative. But I really like them, GMs, too. Of course doing anything that isn't a squat or a lunge seems like a treat on leg day.
  #583   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 09:33

BF:

lol Lisa and Debbie....thanks! ill definitely try the leg lifts next time i do abs. i need to go look up these vacuums!
  #584   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 22:08

BF:

week 6 Day 4: rest day
  #585   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 09:21
Battling the Bulge!