Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 09:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking waaaaaaahhhhhhooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congradulations 3sons, wow you must have just about fainted when you saw that drop, how many times did you get on and off the scale just to see it was real LOL(I think we all do that).
That 1 is less than 7 pounds away, I'm so proud of you I could just bust, keep on, keeping on. You deserve a big hug for hanging in there for those three weeks, this one is for being such a good girl, your words have given me great encouragement to take good care of myself too, thanks.
Jo-Ann
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 12:24

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Thumbs up

Congrats mythreesons!!! Isn't the whoosh fairy great???

How are you doing Jo-Ann? How about everyone else?

I am still moving down!! Looking for those 220s.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 19:13

Thumbs up

How is everyone doing on this goal??

I, myself, am doing pretty good. Too soon to tell if I'll reach my goal but I am trying!!
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 19:24

Plan: none yet
Stats: 153/153/135
BF:
Sounds to me that you have already taken the first step to your success. YOU SET THE GOAL!
My new attitude is, Only I can help myself to be who I want to be. Try buying a pair of pants the next size down and set a goal when you would like to be in them.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 12:18

Yes, I agree! Setting a goal is the first step. And very important.

I have jeans in my closet that go down to size 7. I am wearing my 22s now but would be able to wear my 20s if I could find them. So I try on my 18s every Sunday. I have a new pair of 18s that I've never worn. I can't wait!!

How about you ... what are some of your goals?
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:41

Plan: none yet
Stats: 153/153/135
BF:

My first goal is to lose just 5 pounds. I just started today. One week at a time. I only have 20 pounds to lose but it isn't easy. My long term goal is to look better st 40 thsn I did at 30. Even though it's 2 years away it allows me time to get through the rough spots. This includes going to the Gym and toning too. I think that will happen after the first of the year.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 14:09

Thumbs up

Those are great goals! Ones that I am certain you will achieve!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 13:17

BF:
Talking Hi

Hi, I've been away for awhile, dropping in to say hi. Cre8, you are a great.
You are both right about goals. Ilovemysha, I have about the same goal as you. I'll give you a little warning it's alot slower after the first couple of pounds but you will feel so much better in the second week that you will wonder how you ever ate the other way. I find now if I do go off plan I get terrible heartburn and headaches. I hope you all the best for you.
I'm going to be 40 this birthday, and I see each year as an accomplishment. I am better than I was at 30, I certainly am alot smarter. LOL
Have a great LC day girls.
Jo-Ann
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 14:00
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi y'all -

I weigh 168 today and have dropped one size in one month! What a WOE!!!!

My goal by my birthday (5/28) is to be to goal - actual number isn't important - I just want to be a fit size 8.

I think this is attainable - two sizes more in 7 months.

All the best for everyones goals!!!
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 17:22

BF:
Talking Hi Lisa

You seem to have the right attitude to succeed. It's hard to make a commitment and this way of life is a commitment. I think you have a great way of looking at this. Size 7 sounds like a wonderful number to aim for. What else have you noticed about this way of eating that you like, other than the obvious wieght lose? I feel more alive and definitely like that I'm not exhausted by three in the afternoon.
I am really proud of you. A whole dress sizes is impressive.
Jo-Ann
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:21
The evolution of me

BF:

Thanks Jo-ann -

I really do feel great (i.e., healthy) and I can eat whenever i'm hungry. I never had that before - I always felt so guilty.

So I guess that is the very best part for me.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:41

Thumbs up

Looks like everyone is doing good!

Jo-Ann... nice to see you!

lkonzelman... your goal sounds like a great one. I don't think you'll have a problem obtaining it.

I am trudging along. Hoping to see 219 by Novemberish. ???
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:53
The evolution of me

BF:

Thanks muchly Shelly for your comments-

About your goal- That seems like a reasonable goal but it is a big loss for one month. Have you really been losing that fast? Can that be done after the water weight loss in induction?

I truly hope i'm not stepping on your toes after you were so sweet to me...

By the way, congrats on your amazing weight loss so far!!!
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 13:08

BF:
Talking Hi

Hi again, weight loss is such an individual thing, it's probably true that the more you have to loose the faster the first pounds come off, but then the body has to stabalize agian. The whoosh fairy comes to all of us eventually, but because we all are different, she comes to some more than others, with big whooshes and less often to others with smaller whooshes. I think that a healthy weight is very important, but I also think not falling asleep at 3 in the afternoon or feeling bloated with acid reflux all night are important reasons for me to get rid of the white bread, pasta, potatoes and other high carb foods and I really don't think anyone needs justify getting rid of the sugar and refined (processed) foods. I am officially of the rant stadium now.
So I think we are all aiming at the same thing-healthy. What you want to be at when you reach your next birthday is just another step in taking care of yourself. Good LC girls.
Jo-Ann
P.S. by my stat's you can see this is a slow process for me, I don't get any big whooshes, but I definitely feel so much better. I also know that because I have been on so many diets that this will be a slow process for me. It takes time to repair all the damage I have done by not eating enough on other diets(W.W., cabbage soup, etc.), my metabolism is slow. Once my body gets use to the idea that the calories are going to stay up and I will be eating breakfast for a few more months I'm hoping my weight will drop again unitl then I'll be happy feeling full (Finally!!!)

Last edited by Jo-Ann 2 : Sat, Oct-19-02 at 13:15.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Smile Joining in the Countdown~

Hello all~ some of you are familiar "faces" to me, and some of you are new~ I would like to join this thread as 3 months from today is my 42nd birthday~ Today also marks one month on Atkins induction... I started with a weight of 315#, and after 1 week of Atkins, was down to 301#, and so far have not weighed myself, choosing rather to keep track of inches... which show a loss of 34 1/2 inches as of this morning's measuring. I am pretty happy about that., almost 3 feet of me gone! I would like to see myself to at least 275# by my birthday, and I think that is a reasonable goal. I have done no exercising, save my regular everyday activities, and today, I am tweaking my plan to add it, as I can handle... as I am in constant pain through my back and pelvis. I figure that I can incorporate some kind of exercise, and have found a shapemate stretch/tension exerciser, and am going to try that, plus some working out with various sizes of dumbells. I also have found my workout video tape, that has numerous routines on it, and I am going to modify the ones I can to fit my current fitness level... I told myself this year that I would weigh less in 2003 on my birthday, and right now I am still above what I weighed, which was 286#, but I WILL be less than that on my birthday... already I am smaller inchwise than I was at that weight, so here's to a MUCH smaller me in 3 months! And btw, good luck to the rest of you on your b-day countdowns! Ciao for now~