Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-23, 08:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Saturday Morning!

No wonder we have HUNDREDS of Lurkers- DAM with a post like Trigs- You had me ROLLING..........
First, I would be like "What the heck is wrong with your LEGS you can't come into the room and use your lips to SPEAK- not text in the SAME HOUSE!?!?!?!?!?!?- Yeah- My DD tried that ONCE! I so ignored her. MADE her search me out to speak!

Second- Holy Moly they think we were born yesterday and don't know squat! It isn't until they are somewhere in their 20's they GET IT! It will come that she will look back and go - DAM my momma is smart. Give it a few more years. Right now, you are in the EYEROLL YEARS! Thankfully eyeroll years are short lived!

OMG- I so remembered the - HELP- OUT OF GAS years ago too! Thing is it happened to ME! ONCE! I was in my 20's and on my way to work. I just never "looked there". I just ASSUMED a car would just run........ DUH....... The hubby had to come bail me out with a gas can. Yup- just takes once!
LOLOLOLOL - Trust me you two will look back on these years and laugh!
Very sweet of you though for helping out the gal get her prom dress! Yup- you are a teddy bear.

Girl- HOLD TIGHT on that WOE! As you know- those craving WILL go away given enough times WITHOUT the nibbles. Fry up some bacon for your nibbles.

Nic- Wondering if today is still a driving day? I am thinking you made it home last night. I know you are exhausted. SO PROUD you were clean eating under so much stress!

Lori- Yup- play when you can! LOLOLOL on a tight course today! How many people do you play with? Do you just have the one partner? I wonder if there are other ladies also looking for another P here and there!

Do you still take collagen in your coffee? I noticed after a couple weeks it really helped when I banged up my knee! Turmeric also helps with inflammation. Also- maybe new shoes???? Just thinking as you are so healthy!

What on YOUR menu today?
------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to laugh- I really did......TRIG
Quote:
.But I think you thrive in a way on a bit of chaos and upset....

Not to disappoint- ..............

This position might fall through. I KID YOU NOT! I spent yesterday FUMING. FUMING
So, I was sent the "skills" typing test. So the test is set up that you hit "play" and type what is said. DICTATION STYLE- Passing is 60 WPM. I failed it 4 times. I type 45ish words a min. TOPS.
Which is normal (I googled it).

So, I called the hiring manager and onboarding lady. They informed me
Quote:
"In all transparency- if you don't pass, you will not start".
- ARE YOU F'n kidding me?
I turned in notice on a lucrative position. This SHOULD have been discussed PRIOR to an offer letter that my employment would rest on a typing test.
I took that test 4 times yesterday and "flunked" it all 4 times. I am not a typist! I am a F'n NURSE. I am LIVID. WAS LIVID.

I called my travel agency back late yesterday and they are yup- just pick where ya want. I SO SO SO did NOT want to go back to the floor- AGAIN schlepping hospital hallways.

I am now left in a position, to go back to travel or "see" what this new company decides. I wrote them a letter this morning. I waited until I was not so mad to write it.
I basically said: Look- you people gave me an offer based on my resume and skill set as a nurse. Take my 45 WPM or not. I am over it. Just tell me where you stand. I also stated that it was crummy they waited until I left where I was working before, they told me. I NEVER would have put in notice. I would have finished out the contract. This job just seemed TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

So, long story short. They are either going to accept it or not. Then I have to decide- except it or decline. I don't like the way they have jerked me and my friend who also put in notice and accepted a position with them. I feel bad as I shared with my co-worker who also jumped at it put in notice. She is getting the same run around.

I tell guys I just can't make this stuff up. Drama loves me. I think it's funny Trig- what you said above. I almost spit coffee reading it. It is almost sad but true. I do tend to do my best when my feet are in the fire. I notice that a lot of first responders are the same. There is a "personality" that can handle chaos when everyone else flees.
My thing is I will meltdown- and whine, moan, bitch and then: pull up the straps and get to work.

So.......... There are 3 places now I am looking at for Travel if I have to go that route.
Ohio, Indiana, and NC. I will apply to all 3 and take whichever one says yes first.
I have until June 1st here in this condo and all before I HAVE be somewhere else working. So, I do have a minute.

I cancelled the 5-hour trip to my mom's and Greenville to look at apts. That is too much driving- if I don't have to get a Greenville apt just yet. Plus- I need to be here Monday to decide which way this is going to go. No need now to spend extra time and gas, hotels ect........

EATS: Well........ I wasn't planning on being here today or tomorrow so everything went to the freezer. I might run and pick up some hamburger for today and tomorrow my pork loin will be thawed.
I am 100% back to PURE eating. I am determined I am NOT going eat garbage in this time. I can't think straight all inflamed and bloated. I need to be in my game 100%.

Sooooooooooo.............. Storms woke me up this morning. BIG boomers. It has stormed since about 5. One more storm I hear coming. I see it should clear out after this last storm moves out. I hear the thunder now!
I will do a beach walk later-

Ok- I am done now. That was enough of a dump for one day! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Later Gators

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Apr-22-23 at 08:40.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-23, 02:48

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz......I don't know how you keep from having a nervous breakdown! You are one strong, determined woman. I'm glad you're not doing the long road trip this weekend. You have enough on your mind. I'm glad you have the travel option in case the new job doesn't work out.

Trig....How nice of you to help DD's friend out with picking up her dress etc. Funny how you had to work out the logistics.....those girls would have had you running all over 6 counties!

Nic....Hope all is well.

--------

Had a good day on the course yesterday. After some rain and storms yesterday afternoon, the temps have dipped down to the 40's/50's we'll be lucky to hit 60 today and for the whole week. Cloudy and blech. We'll bundle up a bit and play golf when we can.

Jaz....you asked about playing partners. I usually play in a group of 3, occasionally 4 and sometimes just my normal partner and me(yesterday). There are a couple gals who can only play on the weekends, so we're never quite sure if they're playing until we get a text. I make the tee times and whoever shows up, plays.

I went to bed at 8:15 last night....pooped! Then, some idiot decided to shoot fireworks off. I'm not sure what time that was as I didn't look at the clock. One of them was a really loud boom and my poor cat shot off the bed and didn't come back until 4:15 when she got me up. There is a campground across the river and down a bit and they always shoot fireworks off on weekends in the summer. Maddening for someone who likes to go to bed early!

Well, back to the course in a few hours. Too much eating and drinking yesterday......scale is up. OY! Today will be the same. I have to get this reined in soon. I'm just in the "sick of worrying about it" frame of mind. Dangerous.

Later!
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-23, 06:34

BF:

Good Morning-

Lori- Hummmmmm on those fireworks. That would get on MY last nerve. I like to sleep when I am in bed. Noises that wake me up in the nighttime keep me awake! But I guess one gets used to it if ya live there.

Reminds me of a funny story. I remember our very first apt as "adults". We lived right across the street from the firehouse. The first time one of those engines came out of that garage full sirens blaring I dropped my plate of food all over the floor.
After a few months I "never heard it".......MEH...... Ya get used to anything if done or heard enough.

Awesome you got some ladies to play with you. I like the foursome game. Gives you some competition!!! Does your usual partner still get in a twit if she loses to you?!?!?!HAHAHAHA

Girl I hear ya on the food thing. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!! yes Ma'am!

Trig- was last night prom? Did kiddo hit the after parties? A lot of kids like to go bowling at the midnight glow bowling afterward, then hit up the Waffle house. At least that was a thing 10 years ago! Who doesn't love Waffle House after a night out right?!?!?!?!? Thankfully your DD doesn't party like we used to as kids! Holy Moly! But those were different times for sure!
It was a free for all in the 80's!
Nic- Hoping you are curled up in a warm fluffy blanket reading and sipping coffee. Post when you can so we know you are home and safe! How did it go?
---------------------------------------------------------------

No monster post this morning. I basically chilled yesterday. It stormed most of the day. They were the BIG BOOMERS too! The white out kind of rain that blows sideways. It was awesome to watch it FROM INSIDE over the river.

Saw my first SNAKE of the year. Yeah- now that freaks me out. I was coming in from a walk, between storms. I went to open the shared front door leading to the hallway, when I looked down near the door and saw it. There are a bunch of cables by the front door coming out from the siding of the building. Well one of those "cords" moved and looked right at me. I FREAKED OUT.
I pulled my pup in so fast he had not a clue. I googled it. IT LOOKS like a red barn, rat snake. I am not an expert- nor do I wanna be. I see eyes on a long pencil body- I run!

Yesterday I literally binge watched Mandalorian on Disney. My son and I were chatting and he ask if I had watched season 3 yet. I told him I dropped Disney to save a buck here and there for a while.
Anyway- He gifted me 6 months of Disney for "Mothers Day" early so I could watch it this weekend! GOOD BOY! I blew though 6 episodes. Good show.
It was nice to not think about anything, just chill with my pup, and nest in for the day. AWESOME.

Beautiful day on tap. No, STELLAR DAY on tap! Brillant sun is back, Blue skies, cleared out the mucky air. Sun is shining! There are worse places to be in life let me tell ya! I don't take it for granted!
Yup- some beach time for sure.

I am not doing anything job related today. No resumes, no letters, ZERO NADA. Tomorrow will be here soon enough to deal with this mess. NOT TODAY.

Eats: My pork loin is thawed - oven 30 min? I need to look it up. I tend to always over cook those.
Hamburger patties to make up and stick in fridge, bacon to bake up for easy grabbing and going to make up some deviled eggs. I can snack on deviled eggs and bacon and call it a ZERO CHEAT DAY. Sometimes yes we want a nibble of "something" those items fit the bill.

Work out- So last night while watching my show. I laid on the rug and put both legs in the air and slowly lowered them. About halfway through my belly was screaming. I have zero core strength. I need to keep doing those. I also dug out some hand weights and am doing arm lifts while I SIT! LOLOL
I also did some back and leg stretches. Felt great on the back.

Well- time for another cup of coffee.
I have a fast trip to grocery this morning to get coffee, eggs, and coconut milk (creamer). God forbid run out of coffee!

Have a good one ladies!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-23, 03:52

BF:

Good Morning!

Nearly froze to death on the golf course yesterday, so we decided to forget it for today. We may go out on Tuesday...remains to be seen. Stupid weather looks awful for the next 10 days. BAH!

I'm looking forward to a day at home just puttering around. Laundry etc. Hoping for a nap too as I was up WAY too early.

---------

Jaz.....A snake!? You'll have to watch Ruger extra closely so he doesn't try to grab the little devils. Even though we live near the river & a stream, we very seldom see any snakes. When we do, they are just little garter snakes that are harmless. Still creepy, but harmless.

As for the fireworks....no, you don't get used to them! It's only a couple nights a week during the summer, so it still scares the heck out of you when they set them off. Some of them are so loud too. I lay in bed wishing the idiots setting them off would blow their hands off. I know....that's awful, but it is maddening.

Trig & Nic.....

---------

Yesterday I asked the bartender at the club to try making me an "Old Bay Bloody Mary" OMG...it was good. I had her make it like she usually does, but add 1/2 tsp. of Old Bay seasoning. It was SO Just enough spice. I had read about it online and it's a new favorite. She wasn't stingy with the Vodka either....I got so sleepy a couple hours after having it.

Betty continues to hang in there. So many times(like yesterday) we don't think she looks good, but she keeps chugging along. Having the inevitable hanging over our heads is working on our nerves. Just trying to get thru it.

That's it from here. Another Monday.

Oh! DSis and I just planned our annual VA Beach trip for September. We're already looking forward to it!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-23, 05:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco!!

Lori, nearly froze out there! I feel ya on that one....cold here too.
Fireworks can be a pain. Each yr our livestock would go a tad bonkers during all that but we got a guy with a potatoe cannon up the road. omg when he launches that thing it is a sonic boom and I always end up jumping into the air on when the unexpected hits. Yea we got people who love to play with big guns down here. Had a shooter testing their guns on Sat. Bang bang bang, alot of ammo was blown thru to the point I was like, shut the heck up now, put the damn gun away! crazy

Jaz, yea I learned to look down alot walking now since we started farming darn snakes are around everywhere near the barn areas but alot of times darn things would be in my yard, but not as much now it seems? not scared really but not a fan either but like you if the hose wiggles go the other way!!

I am SO SO SO thankful kiddo is not me. at her age, omgosh what I WAS doing...thankfully she doesn't do what we did back in the day huh? I got away very very very lucky with her. My mom had way more of a handful than I got on this one....heehee

Your job and all.....wow....got that 'what the hell is going to happen' thing going down. Well all ducks will align for ya, don't worry on it. You sure don't wanna stay at that work hospital, too insane for you but next step will fall good I think. Let usknow what is gonna go down when it does.

-------------HIP HIP, today is closing at 11. Off we go to finish sale of home and be done for good. DONE for good on this one, chapter closed. Forget and move on. OK I can do that.

usual day mostly....this and that....all fine here, not much to chat on

be good all
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-23, 06:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- YAY and YAY! Yay on the trip planning with Sis! I know you two really have a grand time. I know you look forward to it every year!

I still think you and hubby should also book a long weekend doing something fun! You two certainly deserve it! They have 4 day cruises! YUP and YUP!

Yum on the Blood Mary with Old Bay! It sorta sounds EXACTLY like the Old Charleston Bloody Mary Mixer Spicey. I don't know if your grocery store carries that, but I tell it is the BEST Mixer I have ever tried. I still add a dash of hot sauce still! I know those can be addicting! They are tasty, and still give a kick. They are just enough that they fill ya up too! I was serious when I said ya add 3-4 shrimp on the side and ya got a MEAL! That is one way to get your veggies in!

Lastly...... Miss Betty might just outlive us all. She is well cared for and social 24/7. I had to place my grandmother in a nursing facility when she was in her 90's with Dementia. She lived and lived and lived. When they get care like that, they can keep right on rockin it for a bit........

Trig- I am SO SO not a Farm Girl! Beach Girl YES. I tell you though I do love being in the country the older I get. It is very peaceful! I love to drive though the country side and see all the farms, pastures, open land! I love the open land! I am not a big city type either. I am sorta in between.
Again, I could see me in a small beach condo, in a smaller community and riding golf carts around! NOW WE ARE TALKING!

Yup you did luck out on the kiddo! She is a "keeper"! HAHAHAHA Yeah- We are from a different time. We did however- bring the music with us! At least I did!
Any updates from collage? Did you sign up for her room yet? She is doing a private room right? Which is funny, cause she most likely will have people in her room all the time. LOLOLOL
She will blossom in collage!

Good luck on the closing today! Are your bro's going to be there as well? If so you should go out for a celebratory rum and coke!
I know you are glad this last part is over. There comes a part when one does need some closure. I am happy for you!

Nic- Ok, getting a bit worried! Did you make it home? Stick a dot down to let us know you are alive and kickin somewhere. It's cool to take a minute- just getting a bit concerned as your last post was of you driving! I am a worrier at times!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a nothing like I thought it would be. It wasn't a bad day. It just got away from me. I got locked up in tasks and calls, and cooking, and and and and ...... So I ended up just, sticking on my swim suit and going to the pool.

I met a couple SWEET ladies. They were going down to the local Vet club a block down the street. They said that you can get drinks for 2-3 bucks. OK- I went. It was still light out so we walked. It took all of 5 minutes.
I bought them a round, had 2 glasses of wine and my bill was under 20.00 including tip. Decent for an evening out. They have Friday fish fry and a Sunday brunch cheap too they were telling me. MEH on food out. It was a friendly group though. Older crowd of course!

The funny thing I did was some exercises. Just stretches. I am So SORE this morning, it feels like every muscle in my body was hit by a truck! Yeah, that is how out of shape I am! I am thinking time to get out the oldies You tube videos! LOLOL

Well today is going to be a decision day for me. Do I start this job if they are OK with my "skills/typing" test...... Or do I move on and go for one more "Tour of duty" at another facility until I find a better company that will be way more transparent.
I have talked to my family and a few friends, and they are all split on it. It is sorta funny. Even my kids are split on it.
My son thinks I should start this remote gig and continue to look. My DD thinks I should give them the finger and do one more Tour as they are "shady".

OMG what to do. I am waiting for them to respond to my email I sent them on Friday. Friday I was leaning towards giving them the finger and moving on as they are not very ethical in their hiring practices.

Today I am thinking I really need a check- and I could "start" if they give the test a pass score and find something else.
I will say this though _ IF and it is a big IF...... I start with this company; I would not move to Greenville right away. I would stay put for a few months and keep the condo I am in and not sign a lease somewhere. The last thing I want to do is sign a year's lease on a $$ apt and find myself out of work or have to travel and pay on two properties.
I called my landlady and ask if she had a renter for June- she does not........ I told her I would let her know one way or the other no later than Wed.

My gut is a monster mess, my muscles are screaming and I am needing some solo beach time.

EATS: Tons of leftovers from yesterday. I made the pork which I will shred today. I have left over rotisserie chicken, burgers, eggs, bacon- full fridge.

On and off puffy white clouds. Perfect day to get my beach time in. I need a beach break. Things seem to fall into place when I can sit and be still next to the water. Problems seem less big. They become just choices to be made.

I need a massage! LOLOLOL and more coffee!

Later gators
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-23, 15:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz - lots going on with you. I'm jealous it is warm enough to walk on the beach there. I plan on going to DE this week but it looks quite cool still overall. The heat will be here eventually!

I'm curious what you will hear about your job and what course of action you will take. At least you have options and are not committed to anything at this point. I think you are very wise to not commit to any long lease or permanent housing at this juncture.

Lori- I am glad you are going to get to spend time with your sister. I know that is a big highlight!
Glad life overall is going well.

Trig- How did the closing go?
I'm unclear- did your DD actually end up going to prom? Or just Chloe went and DD was going to go to the after party?

••••••••••

Overall things are fine with me. Very tired from all the activity and travel, and ready to just chill out.

Scale- I weigh once a month at the end of the month. That's it. I'm already doing what I am going to do about food intake, so I don't see the point in doing anything else.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-23, 03:25

BF:

Nicco you need darn chill out time!! Girl you been on the big move....from overseas to travel here and there, you won't know how to act just staying put in your own home HAHA

Kiddo didn't go to prom or after party. It was cold and misty/rainy and she said she wasn't going out in it LOL She didn't care one bit.

Lori, cold here again. brrr. any golf planned, we got some big storms lurking around here. not quite there yet on 'decent' warmer weather lasting yet around here, you gotta be colder than me up there

Jaz, glad ya took the remote work. Yea see how it goes, hold your nice digs and let yourself relax and 'marinate' over it all. The move of job, move of apt, find new apt and all that stuff is a mind F ya know.....it would be good to get out of that hosp. job like ya did, relax now, remote work/get income and chill out a bit....think what is next without a rush happening....sounds good to me

for dorm in college kiddo must be a double room. she can't do private room til 2nd year so she will have a roommate this first year and she is cool with it.

-----------------HIP HIP House closed and SOLD. Closing went well and super fast. Seems strange now to have 0 connection to the lake house but not strange as I mentally kept preparing to 'move on' ya know. All good.

cold here. not a fan. rainy week gonna go down....COME THE HELL ON YA KNOW. I keep saying I don't think I truly live 'in the South' anymore....my cold freezing butt has to go further south.....chatted with hubby in car and asked if he is willing to move to the coast even if his mom is in nursing facility and he said yea, probably....cool, very cool. Means we can truly start to think about moving forward for ourselves. Not yet but sooner than later. Told hubby when we get kiddo set in college we need to 'hit the road' NOW to start hitting a coastal drive and seeing where we might wanna land. I really loved the St. George Island FL area....might hit the road and 'go that way' first....we shall see. But it is a relief to know forward movement can start up.
Now we need that darn commercial property to sell then I got bank to buy my azz the home I truly want at the beach One more thing to handle, that land and his mom's house and that takes the property crap off us at this point. So much 'life to clean' up after for everyone ya know.

ok today is cancel water/gas/elec on house. then do some chores and this and that and let today just be a more chill out day. allergies took me down a bit last night, I feel like my head is a bowling ball as usual, ugh.....so today, easy day for me cause that is all I wanna do, mostly nothing

be good all
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-23, 03:25

BF:

Good Morning!

A cold start here and my friends and I have decided to skip golf again today. It's going to be sunny later, but so cold this morning. I can't wait for warm mornings! I hope I can convince myself to go out for a walk later. I don't know why I'm being such a brat about simply going out for a walk?! Do I not know how lucky I am to be able to walk? Sigh......

After a scale shock of 2 lbs up in one day, it is back down today. Whew! Still too high, but better than it was yesterday. I'm thinking about doing some calorie cycling to drop back down to a more comfortable weight. I feel "thick" and flabby where I am now. I'm going to count calories only 2 or 3 days a week and stay under 1000 on those days. The other 4 or 5 days, I will not count and just eat when my body asks for food. Still staying mainly low carb. I don't mind tracking and just a couple days a week will be easy to do. I can actually do it in my head if I have to. After all these years of dieting, calories are second nature to me.

------------

Jaz......So, you are staying in your current apartment and starting the new job May 1st, is that right? I'm trying to keep up! I kind of love that you're able to stay where you are for a bit as you really seem to like it. Well, except for the snakes!

Trig....Hope the closing went well. You have lots of good memories from the lake house, but time to move on to the next phase of life, right? You have lots of adventures in front of you!

Nic...Hope you'll have some good down time in DE. I love that you have the option of being involved in neighborhood stuff, or just keeping to yourself. Perfect!

That's it from here. I know I'm going to be bored today. Go for a walk you silly girl!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Apr-25-23 at 03:33.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-23, 10:41

BF:

Good Morning from COLD AS .......... CRAZY CRAZY Spring.

Yesterday it was 80 degrees and just beautiful. Today it is BARELY touching 70. I am freking freezing. I WAS going to the beach but the wind is SO strong today it feels colder than 70 and blowing cold sand on my face is not my idea of good times. Sighhhhhhhh It was warm for a MINUTE! CRAZY-
Trig- pick me up on way to FL!

Trig- I am so very happy the way things are going down for you! The kiddo will settle into collage, you and hubby to hit the road exploring your NEXT! He is cool to let his mom just "be" where she is. All sounds good. Are you selling her place yet?
You got BIG changes on the horizon. Exciting at that!

I am not surprised that DD let Prom slide. It is just not on the same level deal as it was for us.

Glad your sale went well and without any issues. Yup- move on with sweet memories.

I'm with you today- waiting for a warm up today!

Nic- glad you are home and chilling. When are going to DE? It is cool here too for beach weather today!

You mentioned you got a handle on your food "intake". Are you just eating less? Just curious.
Hey clothes are the great index for where you are!

Lori- I hear ya on being "to cold" to walk! I am not a fan of bundling up and being cold on a walk.
I agree some days are just best to pop on comfy clothes and nest.
I was thinking...... So are you thinking HIGH/LOW WOE like you did before? We all know calories are not treated equally. You have done an amazing job to get to goal and stay there for most of the time I have known you. I am sure you GOT THIS!
---------------------------------------------------------

I am glad to have a boring day on tap. As stated I had plans for today and the weather is not on my side. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I am hugely relived to have taken this remote position. I LIKE working from home. I really do! The older I get the more homebody I have become. Schlepping the hospital hallways are left to the younger kids.

Yeah- I will give the job a few months to see how it rolls for me. It got terrible reviews. It is a paycheck to me at this point. I honestly feel any job is nothing more than a check until I retire. I have ZERO ambition to be "top dog" anymore.
I am relived though to have it.

Yup- Staying here for the next two months. I will evaul. My housing issue. One thing at a time.

Well I changed from my shorts and tee - to long pj's and a sweatshirt. I am NOT going to turn on the heat. I am just not opening windows. Walking the pup and that is about it for outside.

Puttering inside and loving it.

Later gators
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-23, 05:01

BF:

Good Morning!

OMG...this weather! Cold & rainy this morning. Tomorrow is the only decent day in the forecast going right into next week. Depressing. I wish I could make myself start doing a workout during the day. What is wrong with me? I know I'm always happy when I've done it, but I just can't seem to pry my a$$ out of this recliner unless it is to go play golf.

Today I have to take DH's truck to the Honda garage for some recall work. They say it will take 5 hours to fix, so I asked for a loaner car. It'll take me a bit over 1/2 hour to get there. Leaving in a few minutes....8AM appointment. I offered to take it so DH doesn't have to bail on work this morning.

I had a successful low calorie & really low carb day yesterday. Scale was down, as expected. What I'm doing is just eating ultra low for 2-3 days a week so that on the other days, I can just eat without thinking about it that much. Calorie/carb cycling. We'll see how long I stick to it.

Ok.....gotta fly!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-23, 05:09

BF:

Lori we got the ick weather also on us. when is the 'real summer' gonna hit right?

I think you do very well on your low kcal days and very low carb days and that cycle works very well for you! Rock on!

Jazz I bet ya love remote work vs. slepping those hospital halls!
So you are giving yourself a few months on this remote work to see if you can like it? Just staying put a bit in your digs where ya are and then evaluate it all again....sounds like a good plan.

Nicco...hope you are relaxing and chillin' a bit and getting back in your groove.

---------went to bed with sinus issues, woke up with sinus issues.
this weather will be the ick of me for sure. rain around. gray day, bleck

not doing much today. not in the mood.

be good all, over and out
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-23, 05:59

BF:

Good Morning!

I am posting early this morning as I am going to Edisto Island and beach today! This is THE day! I have been wanting to go for weeks now and..... well ya know life and weather!
Add that to the fact I can only take Ruger to the beach "anytime" until May 1st. Then there are "rules" for the summer.

I heard Edisto is stunning. The weather is going to be mostly sunny and 70's no wind. I will take it as the rest of the week is busy.

Lori- Girl it is hard to do these videos without a push! I did one and hurt for 3 days afterward! WUSS here. It didn't feel good. You however are in MUCH better physical shape than me.

Sucks though you can't play today! Hopefully tomorrow! What going on with the Honda? I heard something about a recall. I should check it out. Curious, what year is your CRV? Have you had any issue with it? How many miles? Do you love it?

I know the Up/Down cycling has worked well for you in the past. I say whatever you know works and keeps you in check is the way to go. Especially, if you are comfortable in it!

Everything else going well?!?!? You have had a busy last few month!

Nic- - Hey there! Wondering how you are feeling these days. Are you getting rest? I was also wondering if you take supplements. D, C, Magnesium? I have notice when my D is low I am SO tired I can drop anytime and where and sleep. I have to watch that. I was wondering if you noticed that too.

Are you eating and sleeping well?
WE ALL could benefit from some real warmth and sunshine around here. I swear this has been the COOLEST and rainiest Spring I have seen in years.

Trig- Sorry you got nailed with sinus crap! It def was blowing around all the pollen yesterday. I had to close the screen door as my allergies were kicking up too!

What on tap for your menu today? You make ribs alot?
------------------------------------------------------------------

I had an unexpected day yesterday. I spoke to just about everyone in my family yesterday for one reason or another. They all felt chatty at the same time.

Then my co-worker who is also starting this new job with me called and wanted to chat. She is SUPER excited about it. I am not so much- I am hoping it is all that and a bag of chips. She thinks it sounds like a smaller company she worked for almost 7 years, before she came to MUSC. She said it was the best job she ever had before it was bought out.

See..... I see this company as one who will ALSO get bought out by a large insurance company down the line. EASY- no doubt. That is how it goes in healthcare these days. However, with stock options if it does get bought out that would be good news for stockholders. But then of course most of us would be out of work. All of this of course is just speculation on my part. But this is not my first rodeo.
I am not concerned. I have just 5 years to go and I really don't care as long as I get paid.

Speaking up setting things up in a bow pretty. I have decided that I am going to bite the bullet and just pay off my car and be done with it. The interest I will save is worth it to me to take a few dollars out of my pocketbook. Writing them a check for 8k and calling it a day. I want ZERO bills except a phone bill and car insurance.
Will do that and start this new job with a totally "clean" slate to be in a position to just stack it up. Huge feeling of freedom there!
I have not been without a car payment for over 10 years. I have not had the best choice in cars over the years and have been stuck with lemons until my HONDA! I plan to keep this beauty for a good while. She is tuned up and ready with only 53K miles on her! I think I could get an easy 200K more miles out of it. The body is in PERFECT condition!

Today is going to be the BEST day of the week. I am taking it and Road Tripping. It is an hour and 15 minutes, along marsh, rivers, and oak trees. Beautiful drive too!
Going to pack me and the dogger a bag.

EATS: Burgers, hard boiled eggs, fresh grilled salmon. Will pack up a bit and picnic out today. I have choices.

Work Out
: Steps and shell hunt.

Feeling good about the next few months. Things are playing out as I hoped. Fingers crossed.

Last cup of coffee and heading out!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-23, 07:42

BF:

Jaz......DH & I both love our Hondas! The one I took to the garage for recall work is a 2012 Ridgeline pickup truck...something about the frame under the fuel tank is what the recall is about. My car is a 2012 CRV. I have 101,000 miles on mine and DH has 97,000 on his. Both 2012's. Zero problems with either one all these years. I may have a look around when I go to pick up his truck today. The loaner they gave me is a new Honda Pilot.....all push buttons and lush. Gives me the itch for a new(er) car! The drop off and loaner pick up was so easy this morning. They have a slick operation....smooth with no issues.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-23, 07:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- HIP HIP on the closing of the lake house. Yay! That being said, I get that there are some feelings about the closing of the chapter. There is just something about the finality of it all.

Hugs on the sinus stuff. Not fun I know. I am excited to watch and see what the next couple of years brings for you and The Chop.

Jaz- Yay for a beach day! I might go to the beach today (yes, I'm in DE) but it will be for a quick walk only- high of 59 only.

Just be open to what the new job looks like, give it a little time and a fair shake and see what happens. When is your start date?

Lori- Sounds like you have something that works for you with the cycling/eating. Good!

Glad you were able to get set up with a loaner car.

•••

All is well with me. Had a very nice day yesterday with a couple of short dog walks, three games of pickleball and just puttering around.

Food is on lock, just doing what I do. I have had three comments on the past three days about how I look so I am guessing something is shifting. I don't weigh but once a month and what the scale says or doesn't say - eh, no matter. Not planning on making any shifts to what I am doing so just staying the course.

Sleep- has been jacked up badly for about a week. I did sleep some last night so I think I am starting to settle from the stress of the trip to ATL. Everything will come back into place as I let myself recenter.

Hugs to all.