Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 07:14

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

Hi Groove,

Yeah the blood sugar was ok. I think that during the day after eating, blood sugar should be in the low 100s. Fasting blood glucose should be lower (this means 10 hours without eating) and mine is 88.

I love this new machine. It is a little addicting. I want to take my blood sugar after everything I eat to see how it affects me, but I don't want to end up looking like a siv

As far as calories go...I am not sure. I eat quite a bit depending on days (between 1500-2000) and usually don't have trouble losing. Now that I have incorporated weights into my routine I think that's causing a "stall". I was very bummed to not see the scale budge today. Am stuck at 128...3 pounds more than when I finished induction. What a bummer! Oh well....today is another day.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 07:24

Plan: Whatever works..
Stats: 139.9/130/118 Female 5'5
BF:26
Progress: 45%

Carne,
Sounds like you might be prediabetic! Has your doctor mentioned it to you? If so, it is VERY good you are doing this low sugar/carb for yourself!

Groovegirl,
I dont think youre eating too much but I think you would safely be able to eat less than that and maybe that will help kick your weightloss into gear again. Just make sure you are gettig at the very least, your basic metabolic rate. There are calculators online to find that number. Your BMR is basically the amount of calories your body NEEDS to function PROPERLY. For example, my BMR being 23 years old, weighing 129 and height of 5'5, gives me a BMR of 1420 calories. That means in order for my body to function properly the way it should, I have to get at least 1420 cals. I am assuming your BMR is close to that. So you could probably cut your cals!

Also, being that none of us have much weight to lose, exercise is truly key to helping the weight come off!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 08:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default eggfest

Just to get my pro/ fat/ carb ratio correct, I'm doing Eggfest for a few days to see if I can kick things into gear. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels04242
Carne,
Sounds like you might be prediabetic! Has your doctor mentioned it to you? If so, it is VERY good you are doing this low sugar/carb for yourself!

GAH! Seriously? My fasting glucose was 88....i thought that was good? I thought being under 100 was normal.

Quote:
This test measures blood glucose in people who have not eaten anything for at least 8 hours. This test is most reliable when done in the morning. Fasting glucose levels of 100 to 125 mg/dL are prediabetic.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 08:27

Plan: Whatever works..
Stats: 139.9/130/118 Female 5'5
BF:26
Progress: 45%

Oh ok Im sorry. I misread. yes 88 is good. Anything under 100 is considered normal. Anything between 100-126 is considered prediabetic and anything above 126 is considered diabetic.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 12:02

BF:
Default eggfest

So I'm in the middle of day 1 of my Eggfest (see Jimmy Moore Eggfest thread) and its not so bad. I don't love eggs, I tolerate them, but if it is all you are eating, they seem great.

What I like so far about eggfest:
- it is cheap
- I'm not killing animals
- my fat / pro / carb ratios are on target (i've been screwing these up with too much pro & not enough fat)
- it takes the guess work out of what you'll have for meals, snacks
- it has structure
- eggs are easy to cook
- it is getting easier as the day goes on
  #37   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 12:13

Hi Groove. I am thinking of trying this next week after Mother's Day. Let me know how it goes!!
I love Jimmy Moore's blog! The eggfest is cool!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 12:22

Office Manager just brought us all Wendy's milkshakes. Gave mine to the guy in accouting.

FML.

Why the f--- am I doing this again? Oh yeah, to lose weight. Oh wait.

I'm not losing an ounce. Ugh.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 12:58

Plan: hcg
Stats: 216/154.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels04242
Thanks LC Lady!

So do you think its close to impossible to lose 10 pounds by the end of May? (Memorial day) I really would like to be down 10 pds by then but i am beg. to think its not possible waa!

Chels04242-- I do think it's possible. For me, I'm being mindful of every calorie... every bite.... just like I was in the beginning. My scale is still stuck on 144 today (maybe down to 143.8.... but only with me practically wiggling while on the scale... so I won't claim it). I'm still hoping it's TOM, but really, how long can I use that excuse?
  #40   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 13:03

BF:

Welcome Carne! Glad you're joining in. I was thinking about something this morning, and your post reminded me. I seem to lose inches.. while the scale doesn't move.... followed by a lot of whooshes. Every time the scale isn't moving... I just remind myself that my body is changing, even though the scale isn't. Don't get discouraged! Slow and steady... right?

Groovegirl, glad to hear the eggfest is going well. I eat less than 5 carbs a day.... have lost 95 pounds since baby was born (her first birthday is today!!!). I love the lack of cravings that comes with mostly eating meat, eggs, and cheese. Keep us posted!!!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 13:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne!
Office Manager just brought us all Wendy's milkshakes. Gave mine to the guy in accouting.

FML.

Why the f--- am I doing this again? Oh yeah, to lose weight. Oh wait.

I'm not losing an ounce. Ugh.

Wendy's shakes are gross anyway. Plus, you don't have to deal with the sugar crash the accounting guy is having right about now.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 13:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc lady
Welcome Carne! Glad you're joining in. I was thinking about something this morning, and your post reminded me. I seem to lose inches.. while the scale doesn't move.... followed by a lot of whooshes. Every time the scale isn't moving... I just remind myself that my body is changing, even though the scale isn't. Don't get discouraged! Slow and steady... right?

Groovegirl, glad to hear the eggfest is going well. I eat less than 5 carbs a day.... have lost 95 pounds since baby was born (her first birthday is today!!!). I love the lack of cravings that comes with mostly eating meat, eggs, and cheese. Keep us posted!!!

Happy Birthday, Baby LC!!!!

95 Lbs since the baby was born?? How much did you gain with the baby? Just curious.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 19:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovegirl
Happy Birthday, Baby LC!!!!

95 Lbs since the baby was born?? How much did you gain with the baby? Just curious.

Groovegirl! Thanks! We had a fun night. All my daughters thought it was fun to celebrate, which made it a great night!

I gained 60 pounds... I started at 175... the day she was born I was 235. I had started overweight, I had a miscarriage four months before, and ate my way through the summer... so when I got pregnant I was 30 pounds overweight

I always wanted to be the cute, pregnant woman, but instead was always the HUGE, pregnant woman. Each time, I would vow that THIS pregnancy, I was going to only gain 20 pounds, but that never happened.... I gained 60 with every one.... (hangs head in shame)
  #44   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 19:53

BF:

I know what you mean about cute pregnant woman. I swore I'd be the same, but I blew up the second I got pregnant. It was so embarrassing. I gained between 55 - 60 Lbs. I think the body does what it needs to do when you are pregnant. My baby was avg size when she was born, but she had a massive growth spirt between birth and 6 months. I wonder if I had to gain all that weight in prep to feed her during that sprit. I couldn't keep up with her feeds, so I did half formula half breast milk up until 4 months, then work got in the way of pumping, which is when I went to lowish carb.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 01:58

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Unhappy fell off the wagon for two days and undid all my good work...

Hi there!

I haven't fallen off the planet, but I did fall off the wagon - the LC wagon and the no-beer wagon - for two days. I don't even really know why...

At any rate, the numbers are back up: 149lbs - AAAARGH!!! Maybe I just needed to remind myself how quickly eating more carbs and adding beer into the mix will sabotage any weight loss plans.

Yesterday I was back on track, but the scale numbers are not down yet. Hopefully they will do so soon.

I was really doing so well and then I decided to be silly. I shall have to think back to what I was doing that day and what triggered the first day of the beer misdemeanour.

I know what happened the next day: it was just bad planning and feeling demotivated because of the previous night's beer. I ended up making myself a stir-fry with veggies, egg and cashew nuts. Which by itself is not the most awful food in the world, but it was just much too carby for my current plan... And then, by the evening, I thought, "Well, my carbs are way too high anyway, today, so what the heck..." And had more peanuts and beer on that evening, too.

However, the astronomical rise in the scale numbers gave me pause yesterday and I decided to knock all that foolishness on the head and clamber back on the wagon.

Good planning and not letting myself get too hungry are going to have to be key strategies in this game.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

amanda