Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 11:59
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

The man is crazed!!! And small!!! Good for ignoring his sickness, PJ!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/180/137 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 10%

He showed his arse for sure and took a very juvenile position.
I cannot imagine that there are many in his corner to back his stance....not any of good character anyway.

The post in from 2006...is that right?
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 13:39

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

The internet.. gotta love it.. not!
This makes me think of a commercial I saw on tv last night about cyberbullying. I've never seen this commercials before. There are 3 or 4 younger girls sitting around a kitchen doing homework and 1 girl snears at the other one "your sisters a ho" "your mom's sleeping with a lot of guys" (carries on in this vain) and it shows the mother looking over at her questionably. 1 of the other girls nods her head in agreeance. The whole theme was 'if you wouldn't say it in real life, why would you say in on the internet?'
By knocking you down, he's just trying to make himself look stellar. But really--by your above post, he hasn't knocked you down and he's making himself look like an ass. yep, gotta love the internet!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 07:37

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Hate from this moron's a compliment. I think he has a little trouble seeing into the PRESENT.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 11:07

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Just a bully that has never made it into the "adult world" I bet face to face this guy is a nobody so he tries to be somebody on the net.
Sad waste of oxygen
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 11:25
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

PJ, I can't believe the stupidity and insanity of this. We all know this kind of crap exists, that people think it and feel it, it just surprises me that people actually spew it outward. Is he really too stupid to see that all that vitriol reflects more about him and his lack of character than anything it might say about you. Obviously he doesn't see that. Which just confirms that he is, as Amory said, an ass hat.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 11:46

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 389.6/222.6/225 Male 6'2"
BF:24.6%
Progress: 101%

lots of people look at fat people as sub-human. it invalidates anything you know or do. sad world we live in, but it is what it is. makes me want to lose the weight even more because of it though.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-08, 08:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: -/-/- Female 5´7"
BF:
Progress: 39%

rightnow, I just saw this posting. As soon as I saw that this man is from the Ukraine, I knew that you shouldn't take it seriously. I am from the Ukraine originally (left many years ago). Let me tell you - people from the former Soviet Union are the most evil, vicious, and ignorant fat haters that ever lived. I don't know why this is so, it just is. This is why I cannot read any forums from that part of the world. The issue of fat women is brought up ALL THE TIME. Fat jokes, fat hatred, it's as if fat people are threatening their lives. Don't let some small-minded hater get to you!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-08, 23:11

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

PJ, I've had a similar treatment done to me once. It's not nice and it certainly doesn't feel good to be insulted that way. I have a saying about that. "What you say to me or about me doesn't say much about me but it certainly says much about you."

You are amongst friends here.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-08, 02:19

Plan: 6WC
Stats: 330/308/220 Male 77"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Take comfort in the fact that E.D.'s comments lacked the 'potency' to remain, making his very initials all the more apt.

.\\ark
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-08, 08:56

Plan: TNTDIET
Stats: 327/234/220 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 87%

Sorry but to still go around calling yourself major... as rude as he is, trying so hard to be such an a-hole. The only know cause of that is small wee-wee disease...

He must really be angry over it.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-08, 09:23
Walk in sunshine

Plan: LC'ing in Asia
Stats: 271/222/199 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Any change?

Now that he has retracted (post) to save what's left of his face, any change in the community?? Update, if any, please.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-08, 10:00
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
The date on his forum is completely screwed up. It was posted last night. After much response from his own fans about how bad it made him look, he finally removed the post and comments. Hmmn, how'd I know that was gonna happen... glad I made a screenshot.

The one thing this did was really relax me, weirdly enough. I was worried someone would realize I was fat and use it to try and ruin me. And gosh, they did! At huge length no less, a huge forum, another email list, etc. And you know what? It's ok. I'm not even upset, but I feel sure I would have been at one time.

I just feel like I have really come a long way, psychologically. At one time I was SO neurotic and afraid of people's reactions I kept all my netstuff surgically separated. And now something like that can happen and I'm just... ok with it. Just felt it made him look worse than me. Didn't WANT it taken down, let it stand as his testimonial about his own character.

I just feel so much healthier. Lowcarb and Gary's book and in great part this forum of cool people have obviously done SO MUCH to improve the health of my mind, as well as my body.

You faced your worst fear and found out how truly strong and classy you are. What a gift.
You came out girl, how freeing!!!
His pathetic weakness was exposed for all to see. Someone else mentioned it, his supreme cowardice.
Hate crime bastard...
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-08, 21:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicie
As soon as I saw that this man is from the Ukraine, I knew that you shouldn't take it seriously.

Actually, he's an American who moved to the Ukraine recently to live with his new wife, AFAIK.

This is so pathetic. I really tried to like Ed Dames, having listened to him for years on Coast to Coast, with the harsher Art Bell defending him all the time. The gentler George Noory would be utterly appalled by such behaviour. I hope I never hear him again.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 16:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins w/Coconut oil
Stats: 215/193/160 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Man that guy was really spewing. Sorry he did such a lowbrow thing, but keep your chin up, its his idiocy that will be reflected in the end. I think when you look at your actions to "allow" this information to be pieced together it shows that you were ready for the hate mail, and can use it to bolster your cause. Hate is hate, its not rational, or particularly interesting. Its just a cheap shot. Keep up the work in your own battle and be proud of yourself. Good luck!