Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-20-07, 05:31

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Kathleen, I don't lose as well when I eat the home made chocolate either. So I treat it like a splurge and have it sparingly. I make mine with Baker's chocolate, regular (dry) Splenda, unsalted butter, CO, cream and vanilla flavoring... and occassionally, a tbsp or 2 of PB. Melt/mix together and pour into a bowl lined with parchment paper, then freeze. Just break off a piece when ready to eat.

I could see the PB making me retain water, but even without it, I seem to retain some. None of the ingredients are high in salt, so I assume it's either the chocolate or just the high number of calories... would sure love to know why it it does that though.

I also use CO when I make my cheesy chicken. Put some CO and olive oil in a frying pan, cook the chicken breasts just until they are nicely browned on both sides, put the chicken in a baking dish. Then back in the frying pan, put broccoli (or other veggies), various cheeses (whatever you have on hand), mix until it's all gooey, then pour over the chicken. Put the chicken into the oven uncovered and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, until well browned. This is my absolute favorite chicken dish.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-20-07, 15:33
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/219.4/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 46%

Thanks--that sounds delish and easy, to boot. Will give it a try soon. Facing a move at the end of the week (details in my journal) so I am at the K.I.S.S. stage of life right now.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 12:00
Monday came.

okay Dianne, this is funny--I applied myself to figuring out the LC chocolate recipe yesterday--my kids have been making no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies lately, and it's been nudging the sleeping beast--I started checking out the sugar-free chocolate in the stores--not my friend--so I created a recipe, and it's identical to the one you described--except I am not eating it a bit at a time--polished off the admittedly-small batch I made---so I don't have to do that again soon, but it satisfied my chocolate urge (and then some~)
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 20:02

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
--except I am not eating it a bit at a time--polished off the admittedly-small batch I made---so I don't have to do that again soon, but it satisfied my chocolate urge (and then some~)

Ohhhhh, chocolate oatmeal cookies. I wonder what we could add to the chocolate bark to simulate oatmeal. Now you know why I don't make the chocolate very often. I can easily eat all the batch and still want to make more.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 12:13
Monday came.

flaked roasted nuts? here there be dragons. . .
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 14:48
TeaQueen

Plan: My own verson of Atkins
Stats: 311/294/120 Female 5' 1
BF:
Progress: 9%

how does it taste in the tea? is it a big mug?
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 14:55
TeaQueen

BF:

hey, i just picked up a few of these ChocoPerfection Bars at my local health food store. They are GOOD!! I hate hate hate most all LC chocolate.

I got the dark chocolate. 1 square is enough to curb me for a few days. And the whole bar only has 2 carbs.

I wonder if you could use them in baking?

Here's a link:
http://www.netrition.com/lc_specialties_choco_bars.html

This is something I will buy by the case from Netrition. They are 2.89 at our store. I can't think of anything I would buy in bulk that is LC. LOL
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 16:54

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Here is a stupid question....does it taste like coconuts? It sounds so good to use but i HATE the taste of coconuts!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 20:21
TeaQueen

BF:

I don't really think so.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 21:22
Amazonian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%

Laurie0515...thanks for asking the question I was thinking of while reading this entire thread

I'm thinking maybe I'll look into the pills/supplements. I just hope they have the same effect as the straight CO.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 05:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.4/268.8/140 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have two jars - one has absolutely no taste and one quite coconutty
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 09:31

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/158.6/145 Female 5'6"
BF:Follows Behind Me!
Progress: 81%
Default Anyone Else Have This Experience??

I've been using CO for 7 weeks now. Dry skin is gone! I've only lost 3-4 lbs in that time, BUT I've gone down an entire size during the past 2 weeks. Anyone else lose alot of inches using CO??
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 14:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/172/140 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:
Progress: 69%

I got mine at Wal-mart. It is the Louana brand. Non-Hydrogenated..0g Trans Fat per serving. I tried it first in the coconut oil bark...hated it and kept me up half the night. I just put some in a cup of coffee...I drink my coffee out of a convenience store cup with a ' sippy ' lid on it. Works great..I can't see the oil!! My lips are really greasy though. We'll see.

Lisa
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 18:22
No Matter What

Plan: <85 grams/day
Stats: 254.6/244.8/150 Female 64"
BF:O/M/G!

DH and I use the 'regular' Lou Ana brand CO for cooking. The EVCO for drinking in our coffee. A friend of ours (who is not on LC) spreads EVCO on his toast in the morning. He says it's really good.

My lips are really greasy though. I am a Blistex addict and I absolutely LOVE the feel of the EVCO on my lips!!

Sallie
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 13:57

Plan: Atkins / Low Amylose
Stats: 286/268/200 Female 5'6"
BF:I'm faithful to DH
Progress: 21%

Wow! This is all new to me. A very interesting thread! Thanks for sharing! I may have to check it out. Some of you mention the energy boost, does it make you jittery or make your heart race? Just curious. (I gave up caffeine a year ago b/c of the effects it has on my pulse.)