Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 19:34
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

Last year my Thanksgiving Day cheat turned into also a day after Thanksgiving cheat, and the day after that, etc. until it was a Christmas cheat and then a New Year's Day cheat.

I will stay lc this year.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 20:13

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

I'm hoping to stay as LC as possible. Ham, and turkey. 7 layer salad, spinach salad, green beans. DD's want sweat taters. I'll probably make those with marshmallows and brown sugar, but I might just bake a plane one for me to have with some butter. Lower GI than regular taters. I'm going to make pumpkin pie and apple pie for the family, but I'll probably try to make a LC dessert for me. Good luck everyone.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 20:33

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

I honestly don't know what to do. I could probably make a few LC dishes but nobody but me would eat them. I know there will be turkey, I'm going to try to get a ham and a big variety of veggies. Other than that I know there will be (all HC)green bean cassarole, mashed potatoes, stuffing and probably some desserts. I don't wanna be forced to eat this stuff and I have no clue what I could make for myself. I'm the only one of 5 that's doing LC so I dunno what to do. I'll have turkey, possibly ham, veggies and I'm thinking of doing cranberries made with splenda but other than that I'm at a loss.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 09:10
Airy Cats Eyes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

Love a low carb thanksgiving! It was never my favorite food holiday to begin with! I'm not big on potatoes, so creamy mashed cauliflower with roasted garlic will be on the menu, roast turkey, cranberry sauce for those who want (I never really cared for it) although I might make Susan Stamberg's cranberry relish and have a taste, just for old time's sake. Stuffing for those who want, I guess. I'm planning on making an lc-pumpkin cheesecake: I've never made ANY cheesecake in my life before! So it will be an adventure! Another family is joining us so they'll make some stuff too.

It'll be fun. Neither of the men in the house are football fans, so after we feel all stuffed, maybe we'll watch a Seinfeld DVD...
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 09:29
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

I am staying low carb all the way.... no cheating for me!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 09:33

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'm eating low carb. I did last year also without any problems whatsoever.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 09:37

Stats: 155/150/110 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Carb Blockers

Will stick with LC since that I will only be about 3 weeks on Atkins at that time. I still plan to be on the induction phase.

However, I was thinking do those carb blockers work? I might want to treat myself for x-mas a little bit.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 10:03

Stats: 303/185/167 Female 5ft. 6in.
BF:I don't wanta know
Progress: 87%

I will stay LC, but will probably allow myself a few more carbs, maybe 50 or 60 so that I can have some fruit salad with apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, pecans, and whipped cream. I will also have turkey, a couple of veggies, maybe green beans cooked with onions garlic,and mushrooms, and cauliflower, either mashed, or just buttered. For dessert, I think I will make a pumpkin cheese cake. I will probably make some stuffing, gravy, and a couple of desserts, too, for my hubby and grandkids, but I won't eat any of those things. Not because I can't, but because I don't want to.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 10:03
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

The carb blockers do NOT work. don't take that chance!!!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 11:31

Stats: 208.5/172.5/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

lc here for sure. I can not risk the headaches and all if I don't. It just is not worth ruining the holiday for.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 11:36

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

In Canada so we already had our Thanksgiving in October. I stayed LC 100%!!!

I baked an LC Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake, which went over extremely well even with the non-LCers and I made stuffing with LC bread. Otherwise, I had the turkey, ham, loads of veggies with butter and drank diet Coke for the evening. I honestly didn't feel like I was missing out on a single thing.

Know what else??? When everybody else was groaning as they left the table and looked sleepier and sleepier, I was full of energy!

Focus on the people and spending time with family and friends - NOT food
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 13:50

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorocks
However, I was thinking do those carb blockers work? I might want to treat myself for x-mas a little bit.

For some folks...and even then just don't go near any open flames: GAS, GAS, GAS !!!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 15:27
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

I'm staying low carb. We're staying in town this year, so I'm totally in control of what the family eats!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 18:28

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

The carb blockers do not work!!! The marbled pumkin cheesecake sounds great- may have to try it!!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 18:37

Plan: Atkins+coffee
Stats: 290/185/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 95%

Last year I had been on the diet a little over a month when turkey day arrived... I planned to allow myself to cheat for one meal in celebration of my success. I was at my step-brothers house (he is a pro-chef) and no one knew I was on the diet at that point.

When the time came to cheat... I couldn't do it. I kept thinking of the progress I had made, and nothing available was worth undoing a week or more of weight loss.

So this year I have no plans to "cheat". My goal is in sight, and no meal will keep me from it.

--nw