Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 17:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

I totally understand what you mean, my dog's very important to me. She's 18, yes 18 years old now and she's starting to slow down, for many years she had a ton of energy. Last week I noticed she had dry spots on her skin, thought it was skin cancer but turned out to just be something minor! Hopefully she'll make it to 20 but like the vet said, at her age she can go anytime even if she still acts like a little puppy!

Okay, today for lunch I was too hungry and ended up eating Mc Donald's... Thank goodness that I'm working hard in that home, it keeps me from gaining weight! :P Today we primed the walls and started painting already, the project's coming along great! Re-doing an entire house in just 2 weeks is crazy!!

Kelleygirl, how was your day?
Startinova... I miss ya!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 18:28

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hey guys! Well Charlie lives to see another day. They hope the lump is scar tissue from when the neighbors dog attached him last spring. We're going to "watch" it. Ahhhh, sigh of relief.

McDonalds sounds soooooo good. I had two chicken hot dogs for lunch and a bunless burger for dinner. I ate 600 calories instead of 500 but couldn't bring myself to cut the burger to a smaller size. Come on one bunless burger all by it self isn't very filling.

I too painted today Justin. It was really hot and there was no AC. I think tomorrow I'm going to bring a couple of fans with me. Two weeks for the entire house!!! You must be putting in some long hours.

Startinova, I know you are there....I can feel it. Whatcha doing??
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 19:18

BF:

Painting's fun! :P

Yeah, we don't have AC either, but the owners are installing an entire air central system with the fan outside this week, so my last days working in that house is going to be cool!

oh my god that old house is strange.... okay so the walls were almost all paneling right? under the paneling was ugly wall paper and under the wall paper.... more paneling. LOL but that's what they did back in the day, instead of replacing they'd just cover it up with something else.

Kelleygirl, how old is your dog?
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 13:47

BF:

Justin, that is too funny. Double paneled?? Sounds like something my father would have done.

Charlie is 7 years old. My last Bishion was 17 was she died. I hope Charlie has as much luck.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 16:30

BF:

Anyone going to see Harry Potter tonight??
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 18:19

BF:

I really want to see it, the big premiere was in Toronto last night and I soooo wanted to be there. Daniel Radcliffe which plays Harry was there, people were nuts. Even teens were dressed in capes. lol

Okay, I'm totally failing the low carb thing this week...

Startinova, where are ya?!

Kelleygirl, I'm sure Charlie will live forever! Look at my dog, she's 18. LOL
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 18:58

BF:

I just drove over to the movie theater hoping to get tickets for the midnight show. Not only are they all sold out but they are waiting in line already. HELLO, you already have a ticket...go do something for three hours. I'm jealous I wish I could see it but I'll go tomorrow. I loved the books!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 21:35

BF:

It's crazy isn't it? Remember when Titanic got released, the lines were full! Get a life people!

oh Kelleygirl, I forgot to tell you... today I was working next to the cute furnace technician! :P
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 06:57

BF:

Justin, do tell! Any flirting going on??? I wish I had a cute tech to work next to.

I lost another pound! I just hope I can stick with this. So far I've been true to the 500 ish calories a day and NO WINE! That makes 5 days. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's big for me. Sometime around December I started to have wine every night. I think the stress got to me. One nice thing about not having it there is no guilt. No waking up in the morning feeling like a loser.

I do have to find something to do at night. That's what I normally do...eat and drink. I've been walking 4 miles around 7pm and that helps. Now what to do from 8-10???
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 06:58

BF:

Startinova, if you are not ready to diet or LC just chat. You'll find your MOJO again. Just be with friends!!
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 09:54

BF:

Unfortunately, not much flirtin' since he's married!

Kelleygirl, I feel for you. Stopping to drink cold turkey isn't easy, that's what I did. I didn't have anyone to confide in or just to talk to so let me just tell you that I'm here for ya! I'm wishing but the best for you!

Startinova! You okay? I miss ya!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 14:28

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
.here goes.....I have to stop drinking. I have become addicted to wine. <snip> I'm doing the HCG diet and I have one more day then I'm going cold turkey.

I have to comment before I finish reading this thread! lol
sorry, I sorta feel like I'm eavesdropping on a personal conversation, but I figured, wth, anyone could be reading this thread... lol

Kelley, Im on hcg. my addiction isn't wine though.. it's vodka. every night hubby and i sit and have one. if we're out with friends, or around a bonfire, I might even have two or three (that's about my limit)

well July 3 we were at a friends place watching the football game. I had planned to start drops (and fat loading on july 4) ..and when I got home from the Game, it was like OMG, I just had my LAST VODKA FOR THE NEXT 26 DAYS!
but you know what.. here it is almost two weeks later and I don't miss it.
If I can do it.. you can too.

Ok , now i have to go finish reading this thread lol
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 16:18

BF:

Fatfreeme welcome!! You are not intruding. Actually I had hopes that a few others would join in. I lost track of a few people I use to chat with on here. I realize its a LC forum but sometimes it comes down to more then food. You need friends who have walked the same walk. Hope that doesn't sound silly but I think having someone to chat with helps keep me from feeding and drinking my emotions away.

Thank you for adding your comment about the drinking. Today is day 5 and so far so good. The weekend is here and I hope I don't screw it up.

I put out a thread asking for HCG buddies but no one anwsered. How long have you been doing it and how are you doing??
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-11, 10:11

BF:

Kelleygirl, I totally failed last night.... lol

Was invited to an evening with friends last night to the lake and we had major carbs on the bbq along with wine and beer. So much for being alcohol free. sigh...
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-11, 13:48

BF:

Justin, it's just one day. The key is to stop it now before it's two then three....you get the picture. If you can handle the occational cheat day then go for it.

It's crazy that I'm giving anyone advise. Today is day 6. Last night was so stressful. I wanted a drink and food so bad!! I made myself go to sleep because I didn't know how else to stop the cravings. I think the weekends are going to be tough.

I have to find out a way to deal with stress beside food and wine. Not sure if I told you but a few weeks ago my doctor told me my kidneys had high potassium. The problem is that high potassium can lower your heart rate and could be a sign that your kidneys are not functioning normally. I went for my weigh in yesterday and did great but she said my heart rate was really low and I had to go see my doctor. My heart rate was 51. In the end I have to go have a heart monitor but my doctor said not to stress over it...... On a positive note I lost 5 pounds and I can go on diet pills because it will increase my heart rate and blood preasure that are too low.